Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I have eaten healthy for almost a week….yay me….I am happy if I inspired anyone along the way….I, too have gained back a ton of weight but I am here now and that’s what counts!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Is Bella back?….hello everyone!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    Yo Connie! Sadly no signs of Garfield as of yet :disappointed:

Hey... the pop-corn mini bag with chocolate chip-its or whatever they're called... that's an awesome idea!

In fact the Redenbacher 94% fat free stuff is not bad AT ALL!

Even though I have some trouble believing the super low calories given that dry corn grain is 308 Cal per 100g which makes the 57g 180 Cal bag a bit of a stretch once you account for the oil... I choose to believe the low calories are because of all the fiber in the popcorn! :flushed:

Hmm.... I should also look into making my mini chocolate egg white mug-cakes again... my initial attempts were baed on "dutch girl's" recipe here https://countingcalscuisine.tumblr.com/post/125339675472

It evolved, of course... but I haven't kept notes!

They're not a terrible breakfast... or even for a night time desert like/food like snack type "pudding" cup :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Hi, Scoutmom. Nice to meet you. I love your popcorn/chocolate chip idea:) I always like throwing a few M&Ms into popcorn. That works well at a theatre when you are sharing your little bag of M&Ms with a few people.

But my worry is that if I buy a bag of them or chocolate chips I'll not be able to resist the temptation of sneaking a few of them here and there and finish them off in the first day.

• scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options

But my worry is that if I buy a bag of them or chocolate chips I'll not be able to resist the temptation of sneaking a few of them here and there and finish them off in the first day.

I buy the smallest bag possible and then keep them in an inconvenient spot. While my popcorn is popping I then dig them out and weight them and throw that bag right back up in the cabinet out of my reach and eyesight. Sounds silly but if I see it I will eat it!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Does not sound silly at all! I can use that technique - especially now. I have very high cabinets - the top shelves require a ladder. That might just break the cycle :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Ugh….two new tires this morning….I haven’t had a car for almost three days…at least my son in law is taking the car and picking it up….also waiting on surgeon to call and schedule johns hip replacement….he is in so much pain…..I really n m car to escape!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Quite the day, Connie. Hope it all comes together well.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Went to the funeral of an elderly friend today. She had been very ill for a long time and finally passed peacefully on Christmas Eve. It was more of a celebration of her long life rather than sadness.
    But that kind of set the tone for a somber reflective day. Reminded me to enjoy each day and hold my loved ones close!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you for sharing with us, Yooly. Very good to remember how important our loved ones are and how lucky we are to have them with us on this crazy planet. I'm sorry for your loss ... especially over the holidays. <3
  • PAV8888
    Options
    apparently it is a cat fight at dad's place?!?!? One lady came out on top and jumped in the car to join us for fish and chips when I showed up to pick him up? A friend of mine who is just eight years younger than dad joined us too... he got the table for everyone. I was the youngest of the bunch! And i even used a knife and fork for my chippies and held the doors open for my elders!!!! :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

*Calories today... NOT GOOD*
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hey - in the assisted living community your dad is a hottie! There’s a real shortage of men. I’ll bet dad is a charmer with smooth continental manners. And an attentive son to take him around? Who could resist?
    Of course, going out with the geriatric set isn’t doing YOU any favors. At their time in life they’ve thrown caution to the winds when it comes to eating.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Beautiful, PAV. I remember outings like that with my mom and aunts. Swiss Chalet was usually the restaurant of choice. I'm so glad for those memories. The stories!!!!! :o The occasional pilfering of souvenirs (special spoons, fabric napkins, a cream jug once (at the independent coffee shop type places I would drag them into now and again) still makes me laugh. Caution thrown to the wind for sure!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Independent living @Yoolypr
    Actually an important difference!
    As to the rest of it 🙀🙀🙀🤯🤯🤯
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Independent living @Yoolypr
    Actually an important difference!
    As to the rest of it 🙀🙀🙀🤯🤯🤯

Independent or assisted- those little old ladies can get all worked up about a man in their midst. Worse than middle schoolers! You’ll have to face the fact that dad is now a chick magnet.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    with a chick magnet son!!!!! B)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hello! 
    It is wonderful to recall how often I used to hear from you while you were changing your name from that pedestrian PetPlan to your current most fetching Fetch--and how little communications I've received from you as you've increased my premiums by 60% per year for the past two years!

Yes, it is like a dream looking at $128.71 back in 2021. Jumping up by a measly 61% for 2022. And adding another almost insignificant 59% to that for 2023. Just because of the current inflationary environment I am sure!

I also do appreciate the unilateral decision to remove my insurance from XL Specialty insurance Company and place it with Axis Insurance company without any discussion with me as to the cost or other implications of doing so. I am sure you were just looking out for my best interests!

Oh, yes, along the lines of unilateral decisions, when did my deductible change from $1000 to $500?  I sure don't remember asking for that change and can't help but wonder how and when it took place and how it is affecting the premiums I am paying.

I am also just floored at how easy it is to find your phone number so that I can contact your offices and discuss all this with a responsible adult.  Hopefully one who looks more like an ape as opposed to one who looks like a cute dog holding a newspaper which is what the web page is full off!

Does Fetch own their own phone number? Can I have it? Your marketing department sure doesn't appear to be too keen to display it anywhere on your web page!

I look forward to my enlightenment through the kindness of your swift response!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Rough morning already. Holding off a panic attack. Just frustrated with myself because I keep screwing up at work. I know I am still learning and am still new to this job, but I hold myself to a high standard. So when I make a mistake, especially one that impacts others doing their jobs, I feel like giving up. Maybe I hold myself up to an impossible standard. But I don't know how else to do it.

Just gonna do my best to work through it I guess.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Try to be patient with yourself, Athijade. How would you treat someone else?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Athijade - it takes time to learn a new job. Some of the problem may be inadequate training or explaining from coworkers especially with remote work. If you’re not physically together some things fall through the cracks. Try to be patient with yourself!