• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    ... wrong section!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Not feeling well this morning. Hoping I am not getting sick again. So I ended up skipping my morning stretch for a little extra time in bed. Still woke up on time, just snuggled the kitties in bed a bit longer. I may try to do a small workout later, but if I do it will be something like a seated workout at my desk. Nothing too "energetic". I just can't today.

Work has been stressful as well. I have been given more and more to do (which I expected as I have now been here over 5 months), but I am still SO slow at some tasks and just don't know enough. And it is nothing about my training. It is just the sheer amount of stuff that can happen on a project. So it is a "learn as you go" sort of situation.

Thinking today I am going to do stuff that helps ME. Like create some checklists and recopy my notes into a better order. Obviously if there are project issues then I will do what I have to do. But I am putting some bigger things on the back burner today (bigger as in they are ongoing and I can really work on them whenever I have time). I just feel like if I could get better organized I might feel less overwhelmed.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Being overwhelmed does not help get things done! Hope your day improves!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Just cannot get warm today - indoors! The heat pump is cranking away and it’s brand new. House is well insulated. But heat pumps just don’t deliver like the gas furnaces I grew up with. I shouldn’t complain cause soon I’ll be begging to cool off.
    The problem with being cold is it makes me want to eat all things. I’ve tried vacuuming, cleaning.... activity to warm up. At some point you just got to curl up with a nice blanket and avoid the kitchen.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Me too re cold!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV - do you get the feeling this is getting to be a you-and-me effort? I DO enjoy bantering with you. But I miss the others that I know are lurking out there. Maybe they could just say hello once in a while. 👋👋👋
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I think they're shy and hiding?

I'm munching on my 746g of mixed peas and carrots in classico basil tomato sauce with some rice and chicken from downstairs! Had good chance to end within calories... before a +4 hour + rain downpour extension to my day was decreed by the universe! :neutral:

So we shall see!
  • Athijade
    Options
    I'm here! Work has just be crazy of late so not had much energy for anything else. Yesterday for example I wanted to post, but I just had no extra mental capacity. Maybe that is why I had McDonald's last night? Ugh.

Anyway, I am working on my meal plan for next week along with my grocery list. I am going to be trying to reduce the amount of sugar and carbs I am taking in (I say as I drink my hot chocolate). Been dealing with some questionable symptoms that have me concerned. Luckily I have an appointment with a new doctor on the 14th so not long to wait on that.

I was about to not log today but told myself I needed to keep it up. Even if it ends up being a bad day. I can do this.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    For me to log or not to log is not a decision 😉

What to do with the information embedded in the logging CAN be a decision though! 🤣

As to McDonald's, for me at least there's MCD and then there is MCD.

One is a sandwich or a cone or a (let's call it) two item full meal on more rare occasions. And the other is "McDonald's for well over 1000 Cal" for the pit stop.

The second one cannot fit in my calories long term 🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Why do I let myself get into stressful situations? I know full well my coping mechanism is to overeat to calm down - which I mindlessly did today! I’m angry with myself for not walking away. 🙄
    Hoping for a better day tomorrow. And hoping to find a better way to deal with life’s aggravations.
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Yeah, well... because sometimes you can't avoid them is what my conclusion is! And I can't say I manage them any better! Looking forward to your discoveries on how to "fix" things! Hopefully you can bottle and sell the results!:lol:
  • Athijade
    Options
    Yesterday was an anxiety day for sure.

So I have been showing symptoms of blood sugar issues and that has me in a whirlwind of anxiety and depression. As I said before, I luckily have a doctor's appointment on the 14th. Hopefully I can get some blood work that day to check. I ended up spending most of yesterday researching Type 2 diabetes along with pre diabetes. Starting next week I am going to make a real concentrated effort on eating better to hopefully keep myself from having any actual problems. Wish I hadn't already bought groceries for this week and I can't afford to change my meal plan and buy more.

One thing I noticed for those 2 conditions is that the recommendations are very much the same as the general recommendations for "healthy" eating. Lean proteins, lots of fruit and veg, whole grain carbs for the majority of your meals, limit refined and added sugars, cut out sweetened drinks, and exercise. So I have already been working on all of that! My biggest hurdle still is the refined and added sugars. Been loving cereal for breakfast so that will have to change.

I can not wait until winter is over too. I eat so much better when the access to quality fresh in season produce is better. Farmer's markets here I come! Plus being able to walk along the lake. Ugh. Winter be over!!!
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and took meds (including daily self injections) for ten years. Exercise and eating better lowered my A1C to low normal and I’ve been off the meds for four years. Losing weight completely reversed the situation. I am still monitored every six months. All my other lab numbers improved dramatically.

This is NOT to say this is a solution for you Athijade because everyone is different. And I don’t pretend to give medical advice. But eating better and losing weight along with exercise have made my doctor visits much more pleasant! Worth a try?

My original goal was to get off my increasing list of meds. So far it’s working. 👍
  • PAV8888
    Options
    +1 that it does often happen that weight reduction and increased movement often (not always but often) do result in clearing of pre-diabetis / remission of type ii. Even long term remission. There does appear to exist increased likelihood of reoccurrence once you've tipped, so not cure. Just long term remission. Which I am happy to take!😁
  • PAV8888
    Options
    had fun with MFP not letting me log in from the web today! Bad password... straight from the password manager! I even caved in and asked to change it... and thankfully the change your password email never came in either! glad I was logging food on crono in the meanwhile :lol: headache... not yet improved. UGH. most of day wasted so far :disappointed:
  • Athijade
    Options
    Had the same issues yesterday with MFP. And the app was not updating either so I had no idea what my calories actually were.

Today is a rest day from working out. I did my morning stretches and will do some before bed again, but nothing else. Spent a part of the night in the bathroom with stomach cramps and nausea so did not sleep great. I am quite tired this morning (and still not feeling great, though better).
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Today sounds like a better day overall for you Athijade... which is good to hear! Good job on the fridge too!
  • Yoolypr
    edited February 2023
    Options
    So today it’s dusting and mirrors and overhead fan cleaning because…..
    r3i3hlaa2x7h.jpeg
    c10ghhu21mrp.jpeg

A little ice storm going on.🥶 I think the freezing rain is stopping. And temperatures might slowly be rising. Still too dangerous to go out because Austin has no way to clear or salt the roads. So we wait for the thaw. Supposed to be nearly 70 this Sunday 😎
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well 70 will get any ice moved out fast... looks like you may have to clear up some branches?
  • Yoolypr
    edited February 2023
    Options
    So far the branches on our wooded lot have fallen away from the house. 🙏. There will be lots of chopping and hauling to do.

Just hoping the thaw will start soon. Falling trees are knocking out power all over the city overwhelming repair crews. Some folks are looking at no heat for days.
    But it’s February our only real winter month.