WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    edited March 25
    Options
    It was a busy weekend even with torrential rain on Saturday - I'm glad it wasn't snow. Taxes got done and lots more thinking on new job, housing & finances. Food not too bad and got a good walk in yesterday. Now, Monday, going to work to say yes I am interested in position. I've got something in my eye since last night - might stop at a friend's before work and have her help me rinse - I can't see anything in there but the irritation won't go away, I'm assuming an eyelash. Oh, and thinking of gardening - came around a corner at Ocean State Job Lot, to a wall of seed packets - I indulged...better than cupcakes. :)
    @jugar hope you get out to see Jasper. At least you'll get some good snowshoeing in.
    @veronica1359 wishing you continued healing and progress with getting around. <3
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Had a good weekend, although it was wet and rainy. Didn't do much in terms of exercise.

Here's to a great week !

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    trudy_eh wrote: »
    CW 217
    HW 245
    GW 165

Good morning all,
    Hoping a challenge may keep me motivated.

I've been successful in the past but over the past yr (back injury) I've gain 30 lbs. Looking to have some this back off before summer😊
    I'm married, 59 and work full time at home (desk job).

Thanks all
    Trudy

Welcome, Trudy! It is great to meet you - if you feel comfortable with it, let us know where you are. We love putting pins in the map. I hope we can help you get past your back injury and sticking with healthy eating and exercise. It isn't always easy, but we're all pulling the oars. If you have any questions about how things work, ask away. If you have some time, reading the first couple of pages of this chat thread can help - we all re-introduce ourselves at the beginning of each month, and the general functioning of the team is explained on the first page too. Good luck! Be sure to drop in here often :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    I had no electricity from yesterday afternoon until early this morning, so did not get in the usual updates and nagging :wink: Here is the Monday list:
    @CarolAnnM2
    @strong_fit_ells
    @StayFITTer
    @cleaneater80

I had the MOST fantastic ride with Jasper yesterday in the deep snow. We got over a foot of the stuff on Saturday, snowshoeing was great. Then my friend and her wonderfully cranky mare went with us all around the huge fields of snow where there is a local rural air strip (not in use in the winter!). The horses had to work hard to get through the snow, so it was a fantastic workout for all of us. Following their movement and getting in lots of bounding kept us working too! The views from these fields are spectacular, and the sky was the bluest of blues. Then the full moon rose later when our power went out, so all in all it was a day of beauty. Sadly the snow will start melting soon but for now it is still nice and cold.

Rock your Monday!
  • jugar
    Options
    My day today:

My mood is bright and fizzy - excited about stuff to do.
    Today, I need to address the my messy work/practice/exercise room. I do everything in here and it is rather explody-looking at the moment.
    I do not want any compromise on food today.
    I absolutely will do my 3 kinds of exercise.
    I refuse to play solitaire.
    My one piece of advice for myself is to enjoy the sunny awesome day. And the snow while it is here.
    My one tip for others is to have a huge laugh today, however you do it. Look up dad jokes and tell one to someone if all else fails!
  • trudy_eh
    trudy_eh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome...I live in Prince Edward Island
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I forgot to share with you all that I went for a solo walk in the forest yesterday morning. It was so beautiful and even though I was walking extremely slowly, I walked a few miles in gorgeous countryside.

I had previously met an old friend for lunch and I confided with her about the mental block I had over walking.

Together we explored the possibility that I was afraid of falling (my MS has messed up my balance a bit) or my worrying that I walk so slowly that I hold fellow walkers down.

Anyway, we decided to meet yesterday at the cafe in the forest. The plan was that I would go on a solo walk before meeting ip for a coffee.

Alas, I overslept, so I just headed directly for the cafe. And then I went for a walk AFTER coffee!

So glad I did. I'll try going out again on Wednesday. Wish me luck!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @jugar wow a foot of snow - must have been a beautiful ride.

PW 169
    CW 167.6

I feel a little sluggish still with my mood but getting up early to walk on the treadmill has given me a good start for a Monday.

I do not want to beat myself up more
    I absolutely will do my workout at lunch.
    I refuse to eat after dinner today
    My one piece of advice for myself is to control what I can.
    My one tip for others is to learn that getting to bed early is the key to a successful next day.
  • jugar
    Options
    trudy_eh wrote: »
    Thank you for the welcome...I live in Prince Edward Island

Wonderful! We have a few Canadians here - I'm in Québec, and there are several Albertans - and it is great to add an East Coaster!
  • jugar
    edited March 26
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Very stressful afternoon. Boooo Cried a few tears. Then put on music and marched and danced around my house until I hit my 7,000 step goal. Also got 25 moderate minutes of exercise. I feel better. It’s a win. Only thing I ate was a half banana with peanut butter. Also a win. I’ll be back later.
    Big hugs to you Michele!! You have a lot to brag about in there. Wow. Way to deal with stress.

@YinxFed bravos flying to you as well - getting out walking when you feel physically uncertain is a big deal. My daughter has transverse myelitis, and it has been a challenge for her as well - breaking through that kind of hesitation is wonderful. The forest is with you!

I love picturing Michele marching and dancing around her house, and Yinka walking in the forest - pushing through barriers and hard things.

Cheering @cleaneater80 too! Great week, and a treadmill victory this morning. 🎈
  • jugar
    Options
    We have another new member joining us for April - welcome @tlcjen12 ! We look forward to getting to know you :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    It's reminder time! Due through Tuesday:

@CarolAnnM2
    @strong_fit_ells
    @StayFITTer
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 26
    Options
    3/25/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 173.2
    CW (Current Weight): 172.4

Sunday 3/17 14,373
    Monday 3/18 8,379 (20 core)
    Tuesday 3/19 11,787 (20 min HITT, 20 min strength)
    Wednesday 10,148 3/20 (60 min PiYo)
    Thursday 3/21 17,209 (20min HIIT, 20 min strength,)
    Friday 3/22 14,274
    Saturday 3/23 10,111 (10 min Core)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @tlcjen12 and @trudy_eh Welcome to the team! Looking forward to getting to know you both

@lauren_989 Congrats on beating your time despite feeling crummy! That's something to feel really great about!

@micki48 So sorry about the bad feelings but it sounds like you got some emotion out with exercise.. great job. I was feeling crummy after work myself, made some bad food choices, and then dusted myself off and got on the Peloton. I feel a bit better now and I'm glad you do too.

@jugar I can picture you happily trotting on Jasper in your favorite weather.. the snow! Sounds lovely

Brad and I had the most amazing weekend in Radium, BC that included a snowmobile adventure on Saturday. I was away from the scale and it shows. But, as stated above I dusted myself off and got back to it. I have a friend who has been in the hospital since last week so I'll go visit him after work tomorrow. Brad is up north for work again so I'm solo for a couple of nights. The cold is still here but it should be warming as the week progresses just in time for a sunny Easter weekend!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Week 2 (Mar 10-16) step competition
    Together our 5 steppers took 391,910 steps.

Top steppers for week 2
    #1 @lauren_989 127,918 steps (6/7 days hitting target)
    #2 @StayFITTer 97,032 steps (6/7 days hitting target)
    #3 @zankash23 74,342 steps (7/7 days hitting target)

Other mentions -
    @YinxFed 79% increase over week 1
    @zankash23 13% increase over week 1
    @MaddawgMadsen and @lauren_989 10% increase over week 1

Bravo! Week 3 stats coming soon
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 26
    Options
    Whew the past few days have been tough, I must be having a GERD attack because the heartburn is horrendous, took some pepto last night and I think that helped, but I could not sleep for anything last night. I can't think of what is causing it. Woke up at 5 am to see the bridge a mile from my work was hit by a cargo ship and collapsed. They estimate about 20 people in the water, I hope they are able to save them. The coast guard base is like literally right there, so I imagine they were able to get there quickly.

I have to get back on the treadmill, or doing my videos, I've been working on strength, but I think I need the other to simply get my heart and blood flowing, I just feel stagnant, does that make sense to anyone else ?

We didn't get to hike over the weekend Saturday it rained so we did shopping and house stuff, and then Sunday we had a drain clog that required more than a plunger or some draino, so that took all day, well not all day but enough to not hike.

@YinxFed Thats so awsome, I wish I had the courage to go for a walk in the forest alone.

@ashleycarole86 A snowmobile adventure sounds fun, even if I don't like snow. You live such a full life, I love it.

@micki48 I'm sorry you had a stressful day, but I am glad you were able to work it out, and feel better.

@jugar A foot of SNOW, it's March... You should move... LOL - Kidding I know you are weird and love that snow :wink: But seriously sounds like alot of hard work, for both you and Jasper. Hope you gave him lots of treats, ( Do horses get treats ? )

Have a great day...
  • jugar
    Options
    I have to get back on the treadmill, or doing my videos, I've been working on strength, but I think I need the other to simply get my heart and blood flowing, I just feel stagnant, does that make sense to anyone else ?

We didn't get to hike over the weekend Saturday it rained so we did shopping and house stuff, and then Sunday we had a drain clog that required more than a plunger or some draino, so that took all day, well not all day but enough to not hike.

Hope you gave him lots of treats, ( Do horses get treats?)

I hope the people in the water got rescued fast! That sounds awful.

As to feeling stagnant - yes absolutely that makes sense! The heart is a muscle. The diaphragm that pushes our lungs up and down is a muscle (a big one!). They work together to get the blood full of oxygen and other goodies, and make our brains feel better. Doing strength has to include their strength too - so don't forget the cardio work. I think it helps digestion too. Hiking and treadmill are in your future, say the Tarot cards and stars 🎴
  • jugar
    Options
    Today will be a full one again! Going for another snow ride with my friend before it all melts. Hopefully it won't be getting too slippery for the horses. If it is, we'll stick to the muddy roads :unamused:

Then I see my trainer this afternoon to get my new program. It is guaranteed to be interesting, challenging, and full of surprises. Just what I need to keep things from getting stale. Then big grocery shopping - or at least as big a load as I can carry up the hill. Toboggan pulling is too hard when the snow is this wet, so lugging it is. The snow will be melting a lot today, sadly...

Here's to Tuesdays! 🥂
This discussion has been closed.