April Showers brings May Fitness - May 4, 2024

Options

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Thanks @SherryRueter. We should know more on Friday. Appetite’s been kinda low so lost my window eating weight - around 4 pounds - in the last few days.

Fighting to get my exercise mojo today and will continue with Caroline Girvan Fuel. Gotta shake it off! 💪💪💪
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 106.8 lbs
    Nutrition: Good :) (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 2)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 4/20/24
    3. Nutrition level Good daily
  • justgirl81
    Options
    @justgirl81 - do you also do strength training, or only cardio? What about yoga? Just curious. Are you training for an upcoming event or anything (many runners do that, so I thought I could ask).

Hey Sherry :) Mainly cardio right now. i know i need to branch out again. I really enjoy yoga and weight training and think they are necessary for optimal health.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,901 Member
    Options
    Thanks @justagirl81

I'm kinda getting into this mindset of lowering my calories. I don't know but, I'm starting to feel the vibe.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    ANy of you drink Nitro cold brew? Just tried my first one today... I think I'm hooked!
  • SherryRueter
    edited April 11
    Options
    Focus this morning is pretty good.
    I think I will treat myself to a Nitro cold brew again. It was SO good.

✅ Wed, April 10th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)
    🤸🏼‍♂️ Leg day, 60mins

Mothers day weight around 105#

2100 Calories at maintenance
    -300 Calories for Cut
    1800 : New calorie target

✅ Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!

• Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ANy of you drink Nitro cold brew? Just tried my first one today... I think I'm hooked!

Yes! On the very rare occasion that i drink coffee, its usually nitro cold brew. Also im on vacay so I havnt been tracking the disaster of a diet or logged into the facebook group. Ill be back on this weekend when i get home! Think im gonna try and get back into mainly proteins. I think after this trip ive had enough treats to last me a few months haha
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Nitro cold brew?!? Is it like a cold coffee?
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @ceebeeslim - its nitrogen infused coffee, I think. Its served cold. Its so smooth and creamy - Completely can be drank without creamers. Amazing. Like cold coffee - but the nitrogen infusion ....
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @kitri2020 Yes...you've been on vacay. I hope you're having a good time doing activities to burn off that extra treats as well.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Thursday
    Workout: 5 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 105.7 lbs
    Nutrition: Good :) (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 3)
    4. Switch to dayshift
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Thanks @justagirl81

I'm kinda getting into this mindset of lowering my calories. I don't know but, I'm starting to feel the vibe.

I think that's great Sherry! I've read so much research on the longevity benefits for body and brain when a low calorie nutrient dense diet is implemented and utilized. The standard American "more is better" greedy attitude towards eating (and many other things) has proven unhealthy and disturbingly ugly/gross. I learn a lot from other cultures who live simply and enjoy beautiful health. Many of them place deep value on water, sufficient sleep, and abundant movement.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Just Logged into work - no clue how focus is going but I will be alone in doing all the work for our area by noon. At least I should stay busy.

Today, I'll have to have regular coffee / keurig if I want a pick me up. But if I order a starbucks again Saturday, I'll get 70 points... bringing me to 300 .... at 400 I can buy a mug and gt $20 discount.

✅ Thur, April 11th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)
    🤸🏼‍♂️ Total Body day, 65mins -373 cal
    I' m proud of Meeting my food goals, even on a birthday/eat out night
    Mothers day weight around 105#

2100 Calories at maintenance
    -300 Calories for Cut
    1800 : New calorie target

✅ Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!
    ✅ Wed, April 10th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)
    🤸🏼‍♂️ Leg day, 60mins
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Continuing to do well. I just feel soooo much better when I’m at 1200 max -maybe - maybe 1250. This may go against the 1200 is too low but it works for me and I have already lost the 5 pounds of crap weight from last week. Food prepping has been helping too. The test will be today until Monday. Weekends have a way of doing me in but I’m going to extract every cell of discipline (is that the right metaphor??) 😜😜 from my body to continue the course!
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @ceebeeslim I've been around 1000 the past 3 days. It feels great. Im also only 5'0" We're all different. AND if you're eating nutrient dense foods vs crap..... huge difference there also.
    Mediatate on the fact that "THIS WEEKEND WILL BE EASY". and mantras like that. Mindset is the only thing holding you back.

Right now i'm enjoying a coffee with OUT sugar! I just added a 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon protein. perfect 5 ounces.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Friday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 106.8 lbs
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 4)
    4. Switch to dayshift
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Sunday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 106.5 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 5)
    4. Switch to dayshift
  • justgirl81
    Options
    CeeBee and Sherry, I am so impressed with how well you exercise discipline in your calorie consumption. I'm NEVER under 2100 calories anymore. I hope to improve.
  • hamstercheeks
    hamstercheeks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy April, I'm new to this group, but not to FitnessPal! I don't have much to lose (5-10 lbs) so I wanted to find a group like this. I'm 135 lbs at 5'5". Been stuck at 135 lbs for 2 years but don't feel my best at this weight. Most of my adult life I've been in the 115-125 range but 125-130 is a more realistic goal for me now. I am also trying to gain muscle and maintain bone mass. Cheers!
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Lost track of things for the first half of the month. I guess I just wasn't feeling it. Got a few walks and runs in, but not nearly as many as I should. And diet went totally out the window. We've eaten out a lot lately. Weight is pretty much where it's been since the end of Februrary (lost 1 lb by end of March, so only regained 1), so I really need to get back on track.
    This is always a busy part of the school year, and between stress at work and travel/holidays, it's just been really hard.
    Going to try to track calories and go for a run after school today and we'll see where that takes me. One day at a time!