Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,760 Member
    jruvb9qudlni.jpg

THURSDAY WEIGH-INS

@NachDeezy
    @aneedlecraft
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Hi everyone. 👋🏼 I am back after slipping way off the beaten path. A lot of weight was gained and now trying to get back on track.

I actually weighed in last Wednesday at 240.2, so I will keep Wednesday as my weigh day.

I see step count is still going strong. Remind me please, is this daily submission or weekly?

My reason for coming back: I came down with a ‘viral sinus infection’ 🤨 and went to the doctor. My blood pressure was the highest it had ever been. I have never been diagnosed with high blood pressure but the last several times I went to the doctor it was high. This time is was 147/94. The NP never looked at my chart and still proceeded with prescribing a steroid (which raises blood pressure). I was so desperate for relief from the sinus pain that I didn’t say anything either. Needless to say it scared me so much that I didn’t even drink coffee for two weeks, and I’m a daily coffee drinker. Today was my first coffee since and I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest.

I told my husband I was going to cut back on the coffee and he said, yeah right. 🤭 I definitely will though bc it really scared me.

Welcome home!
  • NachDeezy
    myndieet wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day: wednesday
    PW 222.2 (100,8 kg)
    CW 219.4 ( 99,5 kg)

Haven't got any energy these last weeks, but hey that's living with fibro. This period shall pass 🙏 I'm moving in the house all day, preparing food and doing the household chores stuff, but my activity tracker doesn't register that many steps as it would when I walk outside.. Anyways, my weight is going down and I'm really enjoying the food I'm eating 😋

Awesome loss!
  • NachDeezy
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Good Morning fellow MFP Downsizers!! How have you all been?? I am back!! I hope you all had a wonderful winter and start to springtime!! My lovely Megan is going to add me back in the group to get me motivated again. I fell off the wagon for a few months, but I did not give up completely!! I kept logging and trying to make healthy choices while I was taking a break from really going hard. But it is time to get back to work!! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!!

Update on my goals:
    Try to get one 30 minute walk in per day.
    Drink 8 cups of water a day.
    2x 10-minute lower body exercises a day since that is where I want to focus on losing
    No eating after say 6-7pm
    Fast once a week for 15 hours

SW: 170
    Weigh in day will be: Mondays

Hey you- Welcome back!
  • NachDeezy
    19y4umjmpoww.jpg

If you were a dog... What would your name be? I think I would be named Bailey

my name would definitely be "No"
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 181 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Thursday Check-in
    PW: 323(?)
    CW: 321
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,748 Member
    edited April 18

Steps:
    April 14th: 5,018
    April 15th: 6,523
    April 16th: 7,384
    April 17th: 2,952

Steps sucked. My stomach was bothering me so I thought I would lay down and then go for a walk. Didn’t know anything until hubby woke me up 4 hours later when he got home.

PW 151.4
    CW 147.4

My stomach has been off so in turn so was my eating. Result a big loss.

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 332 Member
    Steps:

4/17: 8,111

I walked my driveway again last night and was able to get the GPS to sync. 6 laps is 1.0 mile. Not too bad!!
  • NachDeezy
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Thursday Check-in
    PW: 323(?)
    CW: 321

Great work!
  • NachDeezy
    Steps:

Steps sucked. My stomach was bothering me so I thought I would lay down and then go for a walk. Didn’t know anything until hubby woke me up 4 hours later when he got home.

PW 151.4
    CW 147.4

Nice loss my friend.. sorry about the circumstances☹️
  • NachDeezy
    Steps:

4/17: 8,111

I walked my driveway again last night and was able to get the GPS to sync. 6 laps is 1.0 mile. Not too bad!!

I think that's awesome- way to do it!
  • NachDeezy
    SW - 630
    PW - 403.6
    CW - 398.2

5.4 loss to go roaring into a new century. Wow. A bit lost for words here.

Much love yall
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 403.6
    CW - 398.2

5.4 loss to go roaring into a new century. Wow. A bit lost for words here.

Much love yall

Amazing loss ...so proud of you and your accomplishments :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps:

PW 151.4
    CW 147.4

Nice loss Linda .... I hope everything goes well today for you ... I see my surgeon this afternoon .. I have a feeling I have another infection
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    dam94koeq8y7.jpg

If you could build your dream house ...Which style of house would you build?
    Mine would be a two story modern farmhouse :)
  • NachDeezy
    dam94koeq8y7.jpg

If you could build your dream house ...Which style of house would you build?
    Mine would be a two story modern farmhouse :)

I would definitely build a craftsman style home with a hug front porch. I want to get old and sit there in a rocking chair, sipping sweet tea.
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 298 Member
    I just wanted to share this amazing Oatmeal Banana Protein Smoothie that I am just going crazy over right now!! It is sooo good.

1/4 cup protein oats (I used Kodiak)
    1 banana chopped into chunks and frozen
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I did 1/4 water and 1/4 2% milk)
    1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
    1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon kosher salt don’t skip this, as it makes the oatmeal pop!

Delicious! You should all try it :)
  • Stacimfit
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @Stacimfit Welcome back!! The wagon awaits! 🙂

Thank you @robinb
  • Stacimfit
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Good Morning fellow MFP Downsizers!! How have you all been?? I am back!! I hope you all had a wonderful winter and start to springtime!! My lovely Megan is going to add me back in the group to get me motivated again. I fell off the wagon for a few months, but I did not give up completely!! I kept logging and trying to make healthy choices while I was taking a break from really going hard. But it is time to get back to work!! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!!

Update on my goals:
    Try to get one 30 minute walk in per day.
    Drink 8 cups of water a day.
    2x 10-minute lower body exercises a day since that is where I want to focus on losing
    No eating after say 6-7pm
    Fast once a week for 15 hours

SW: 170
    Weigh in day will be: Mondays

Hey you- Welcome back!

Thank you @NachDeezy <3
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Need some advice/ suggestions/ideas-- Since getting the puppy I have not been able to workout. I am actually missing my workouts. Pre puppy my routine was get up at 5:30 workout until 6:00-6:15 then get ready for work and head out. When I came home I would do activities outdoors or get another workout in like pilates. Currently I get up at 5:30 and get dog outside and take care of her and then put her in the crate or hubby watches her while I get ready. I leave by 6:30 to drop her off at doggie daycare (yes I became that person). I pick her up at 4:00 home by 4:30. Take her out to potty and then take care of dinner or house chores. Because she is a puppy I am not comfortable about leaving her unsupervised while I am in the basement working out. I thought I could get up at 5:00 but as soon as I am up she wakes up and ready to get out of her crate. I figured once I am on summer break (I work for a school) I can get back in my workout routine during the day time. I just really don't want to wait that long but I just may have to. I only have 30 work days left.

my steps
    04/13--10,514
    04/14--6,819
    04/15--9,937
    04/16--11,484
    04/17--6,465
This discussion has been closed.