What did you eat today? Pictures welcome!

Options

Replies

• chelseynikole9618
    chelseynikole9618 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Speaking of soup, today I made a big pot of miso soup because I’m very under the weather. It was just what I needed <3
    5nudnfbie3lc.jpeg
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I also had some miso broth today, but just miso in hot water (felt tired). I hope you feel better soon @chelseynikole9618

I didn’t cook much today and resorted to eating an English muffin with radishes, pepper, and hummus I made last week. I also had silken soft tofu (cold) with toasted sesame oil and tamari. I sometimes make Liangban Tofu (cold silken tofu with a spicy dressing, garlic,…) this is a very stripped down version of it.
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Cambodian Neoum Salad with spicy cashew golden milk (thanks @henridw2095🤗)

73bmccos881f.jpeg

Rice paper rolls filled with shredded purple and green cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts and mung bean thread noodles.

t6axcjgbi7en.jpeg
  • henridw2095
    Options
    2yrxrr9e7zy2.jpeg
    3acto27bhfdt.jpeg
    I made walnut hemp butter for my morning oats (not as good as using them whole, but I’m having a colonoscopy next week and am not allowed to eat whole nuts and seeds in preparation). I also made a “dump & done” instant pot version of vegan butter chickpeas and soy curls. Pretty good and now that I tried the recipe, I’m sure I can improve next time. Starting Tuesday I have to eat low fiber…it will be challenging (I average 60-80g fiber/day).
  • Trillium54
    Trillium54 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    On the menu is vegan tofu taco crumbles from Sam Turnbull. I don't eat tofu a lot--it's a texture thing, but this recipe is really good. I put them into a burrito with veg refired beans, Spanish rice and lettuce. Most excellent!

5wd3bnnzdv9d.jpg
    a5u8eb9d5n33.jpg

Wow, I do not take the most appetizing photos! :D But here's the link to the recipe: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-tofu-taco-crumbles/?utm_source=convertkit&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=%F0%9F%8C%9FJust%20for%20You%F0%9F%8C%9F:%2015%20Fuss-Free%20Vegan%20Dinner%20Ideas!%20%20-%2013554268

@henridw2095 : Hope your test goes smoothly! In more ways than one. ;) I know the prep is no fun, yikes.

• Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Finally made this soup and wow, it was delicious!!
    Spinach and Cilantro Soup with Tahini and Lemon by Samin Nosrat

The cilantro totally intensifies the spinach flavour.

Thanks for sharing the recipe with me @takinitalloff

Everyone loved it. (Only thing was it was a bit thin, but I made a roux to thicken it…next time will use less liquid and monitor for thickness). The tahini topping sunk in, but I loved that nutty garlic flavour.

fuv634t3ztxq.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,955 Member
    edited April 19
    Options
    @Wiseinwellness OMG you liked it, I'm so glad! Yes I think it's totally addictive... so fresh and delicious, and unlike any other soup I've ever made. I actually like to make a big batch in the summer (to drink straight out of the fridge on hot days) and I just mix the tahini sauce in with the entire pot of soup, because yes it sinks in -- and for regular day-to-day use I decided I didn't care to make it look pretty, lol. (It turns slightly brown when stored in the fridge, but the flavor stays fabulous.) Thanks for the update!
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Trillium54 wrote: »
    On the menu is vegan tofu taco crumbles from Sam Turnbull. I don't eat tofu a lot--it's a texture thing, but this recipe is really good. I put them into a burrito with veg rfried beans, Spanish rice and lettuce. Most excellent!

Wow, I do not take the most appetizing photos! :D But here's the link to the recipe: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-tofu-taco-crumbles/?utm_source=convertkit&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=%F0%9F%8C%9FJust%20for%20You%F0%9F%8C%9F:%2015%20Fuss-Free%20Vegan%20Dinner%20Ideas!%20%20-%2013554268

@Trillium54 Your pictures look great! I have printed off the recipe for this Sunday's vegan dinner. We did chinese last time (tofu and pepper stir fry) which I loved. This crumble is a great way to bring tofu into a taco situation without using that fake "impossible meat" or whatever it's called.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Maya440
    Maya440 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I also made the soup today but with less water.
    The raw garlic in the sauce is hard but otherwise it is good indeed and not my usual so thanks 😊
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,371 Member
    Options
    Roasted some sweet potato medallions.

Cooking some butternut squash soup. I modified the recipe significantly from last time. Easy-peasy in the pressure cooker. I'll add a can of Sockeye when it's done.
  • henridw2095
    Options
    Rough week for my diet due to PMS and still coming out of my colonoscopy funk (way too many calories, but mainly healthy foods)…anyhow, I should be back to normal in a day or two (today was on track).
    Date night dinner was vegan ramen at Ramen-San.

8sjhfvppfhn6.jpeg
  • Maya440
    Maya440 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    This looks delish Eva.
    You're doing great, sticking with showing up for your health.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Roasted some sweet potato medallions.

My daughter and her puppy were visiting last week. We went to Trader Joe's and came across "Nothing But Sweet Potatoes" dog treats. Turns out they are just sweet potato medallions that have been dehydrated. Our comment to each other was that if the puppy didn't like it, her dad (my husband) would probably eat it :-)
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Rough week for my diet due to PMS and still coming out of my colonoscopy funk (way too many calories, but mainly healthy foods)…anyhow, I should be back to normal in a day or two (today was on track).
    Date night dinner was vegan ramen at Ramen-San.

8sjhfvppfhn6.jpeg

Sorry you're still in a funk - I'm always trying to figure out for myself how to not let my funk last too long, but I haven't reached any good answers yet.

Your ramen looks absolutely delicious!
  • henridw2095
    Options
    johjd5kfu1dn.jpeg

I made a double batch (4.3 kg!) of khichdi yesterday, added zucchini (I always do when I have some) and experimented by also adding soy curls. It turned out fine, but I’m thinking crispy soy curls on the side would have been better (nothing wrong with them inside the dish either).
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    This past week's bean dish (made with Rancho Gordo's deliciously potato-y Snowcap Beans):
    White Bean Fennel Soup -- I prepped and portioned out several servings. Easy to reheat in the microwave (I add a tbsp of olive oil at serving time). Nice comfort food, I particularly like the rich tomato-y broth.
    3213922yhair.jpg
    6g1ksx7qezof.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Corn and Zucchini Salad with Feta... yum! (I couldn't find zucchini blossoms, so I made do without.)
    uiysko38qqk9.jpg
  • henridw2095
    Options
    Office lunch equivalent of „girl dinner“, since I won’t meal prep until tonight…
    288fggqisgca.jpeg
  • henridw2095
    Options
    more „not really cooking“…sautéed ramps and rice eaten with raw silken tofu in a Szechuan Chili oil, toasted sesame oil, tamari dressing (lazy liang ban tofu).
    p4kt1msxe7xx.jpeg
  • henridw2095
    Options
    6lnghaw7ptuf.jpeg
    I found these the other day, I prefer wasabi peas, but they’re not bad. This tiny bowl had 14 g of protein. I‘m a sucker for anything spicy, including wasabi.