Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @Digger61 @sleepygirl79 and @AyaTheTyga for leading the group!

@Katmary71 - Yes, thank you. I found the GOAL ZONE Maintenance chat and have spent the past few days reading all their tips, strategies and advice.

@laurelfit57 - Congratulations on the loss!

@trooworld - That tunnel mural is beautiful and what a wonderful view. Violet looks like she enjoyed her walk too.

@TeresaW2024 - Happy belated 81st Birthday to Joe. I'm glad you had a great day too.

I have increased my daily calories from 1200 calorie to 1300. I plan to continue to gradually increase by 100 calories each week, working towards 1,650 daily calories. I also plan to continue drink plenty of water, log everything everyday, watching portion size, making healthy food choices, strength train, and try to get at least 7 hours continuous sleep. So basically, the only thing that has changed is that I get to eat a little more. I've been eating at 1200 for so long that a couple of days I still ate at 1200. I guess I need to just have an extra snack at the end of the day or something.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • bark2j5
    bark2j5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Check in: Monday
    PW: 143.5
    CW: 143.5
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,711 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS due NOW PLEASE:
    @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @AyaTheTyga @AmbersWay @Jactop @reshii_devi @Artemis_2024
    Tomorrow Weigh-in Reminder: @TeresaW2024 @FushiaKat
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Oh my gosh that recipe looks amazing! That mural is incredible, what a fun day with dog parks and books! Throw in a nursery and cats and it would be perfect. Do you only take one dog to the dog park at a time? Violet looks very happy!

@TeresaW2024 What's the spray you use, does it have more than lavender? I did find out, the practitioner took some other books that weren't hers, I don't know if she did it on purpose or not though but was sorry to hear that. Happy birthday to Joe! I'm so glad he had a special day. LOL I'm picturing him sleeping with the happiest smile ever!

@Veta2018 Great I'll ask to have you moved as soon as I post this, congratulations! Eating a little more and not hitting goals is basically maintenance, I've continued to have goals and challenges so it's still “fun and exciting” though I'm a little above it right now.

Hi team! Not many posts hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather! I worked out this morning, went to the farm for an hour, then work. I worked in the yard putting mulch in all my plants, I have half a row left to do which I'll do after I eat. Not much else going on, have a great night and wonderful Tuesday!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW 204.4
    CW 203.4
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I agree I hope everyone is doing good.
    @TeresaW2024 unfortunately I was so overthinking process and being nervous that I didn't see the confidence. Tell Joe we said happy birthday.
    @bark2j5 congrats on maintaining
    @Jactop nice loss.

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday
    PW 213.8
    CW 213.6

Well I was up yesterday looking like a blowfish. I haven’t been feeling well and hoping it passes so I can find my way back to my track.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my fitness pals!

Had a nice long weekend (Victoria Day holiday here in Canada). I did a lot of yard work, took the kids mini golfing then checked out a conservation area for some hiking yesterday, and spent time in the pond each day. My kids were in there for hours!

I haven’t been eating as well lately so this week I need to get back to the basics. My gut is a little unhappy with me.

I hope you all have a great week! Just wrapping up some of last week’s business then the rest of the week should be smooth.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,069 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 It was fun! You probably have great parks though, huh? We have some nice parks but I bet not like there. That dog park is awesome. Happy birthday to dear Joe! I'm glad he had a good day, that sounds like a great birthday. Hopefully the wife can/will answer your questions. Congrats on the loss!

@Veta2018 That whole park is amazing. I want to have a picnic there this summer. Oh she did enjoy that walk! Sounds like you may have found your maintenance balance, that's great.

@Katmary71 It really surprised me, I thought it would be bland but no, it was a great recipe! HAHAHA I would have loved cats and a nursery, too! No, we usually bring both dogs but Daisy was still sleeping when we left so we let her sleep. Plus, the day before, Daisy got to go to the doggy prom and Violet didn't, so we treated Violet to the dog parks. :D How are you feeling? You've been very active lately!

@Jactop Congrats on the loss!

@AmbersWay I hope you feel better.

Hi all. Even though I ate well yesterday, I was so tired in the afternoon, I put my chin on my hand and pretended to look at my monitor and I fell asleep! I don't know how long I was out. Hopefully not long lol. It did make me more productive to take that mini nap, before I fell asleep, I was dragging and fighting sleep. After, I was able to get stuff done. My husband made bean and cheese burritos last night for dinner, he didn't feel like making what was scheduled.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, drank more water than on the weekend.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Happy birthday to Joe!
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited May 21
    Options
    littlebabekitty
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    SW:220
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 199
    +4lb

Bummed at the weight gain but I know its due to being really bloated, period week and just not feeling so good so havent been eating good. Will not give up. 😔
  • Katmary71
    Options
    QUESTION: What would be different in your life if you were able to answer "I'm doing great!"? How would you be doing things different than you currently are to feel that way?
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Apologies, this is late!! got distracted yesterday and didn't enter

Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW (Starting Weight): 198.2
    PW (Previous Weight): 195.1
    CW (Current Weight): 196.7
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH-IN INFO
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AyatheTyga @Artemis_2024
    Tomorrow Weigh-In Reminder for the following: @Divya365
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AmbersWay Hope you feel better soon!

@megnolia82 Sounds like an active weekend! I'm with ya on getting back to the basics, hope once the business is over things are easier for you.

@trooworld LOL it sounds like you had to balance out the trips taking Violet out since Daisy got to go to prom, too cute. I'm worn out but doing pretty well, Tuesdays are always a bit tough because I change my patch on Wednesdays and it doesn't last as long as it should. I'm going to save that gnocchi recipe now while I'm thinking of it! Sounds like the nap recharged you, it's awesome when it actually works and doesn't cause worsening tiredness.

@littlebabekitty Hugs hope you feel better.

@reshii_devi No problem glad you logged it today.

Hi team! I'm headed to my neighbor's for dinner in a few. Had a little drama at work but I wasn't involved, a practitioner came in sobbing about something she'd just gone through and I tried my best to be supportive. Other than that work was real slow. Have a great night and wonderful Wednesday!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 20 of 52

PW: 137.4
    CW: 138.1

I had my wellness exam today; it was yucky just like I thought it would be. The only good thing was chatting with the assistant about hearing aids she wears them too. I had to stop and schedule my annual mammogram on the way out and do one more test. My kidney function is up and down all over the map, she thinks it's the Biotin I take for my hair, skin and nails causing it. I'm to stop taking that and recheck my bloodwork in 6 weeks.
    My weight is up a bit, I ate too much seasoning salt yesterday. My diet is salt restrictive so now and then I like to splurge on salt. I love seasoning salt and white pepper on most of my foods.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    QUESTION: What would be different in your life if you were able to answer "I'm doing great!"? How would you be doing things different than you currently are to feel that way?

I have to admit this is a difficult question. The basic answer is I would be debt free. If I were debt free it would open venues to help my kids achieve their goals in a possible debt free option.

I think I'll stick with the basic answer.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)

I love the question today: how would things be different if I could say “I’m doing great”. This really puts things into perspective because when people ask me how I’m doing, I usually say “great!” My mom always said “surviving” and she says her dad always said “terrible”. So I think I’ve always made a conscious effort to respond in a positive way.

But here’s the difference between “I’m fine”
    And “I’m great”

- No conflict in the morning with my kids and husband
    - The kids at school are being kind to each other and participating well
    - A restful sleep
    - My body feels comfortable - not bloated, not in pain
    - I have a manageable plate of responsibilities on the immediate horizon
    - Something fun to look forward to in either the short or long term
    If my boss is in a good mood
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,229 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    • a great night's sleep the night before
    • no pain
    • sunshine
    • all my obligations in process for completion and on schedule (feeling like things are under control)
    -Mica
This discussion has been closed.