Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I am so sorry you are having a bad pain day I hope the hot bath gave you some relief ❤️.

@trooworld my day went well after dinner, which seems to be the pattern right now. Ty's obedience class was funny. All the dogs there are 1+ years old and medium to large size. Three of them were reactive (one was literally screaming and two barked continually). Ty was worried at first, then just wanted to be friends, ½ an hour in she was done, too tired so she just laid down and watched everything🤣.
    I'm so sorry about your migraine, UGH! Hope you are feeling better.

@TeresaW2024 that dark brown mulch is the bane of my existence! Ty loves to eat it and it makes her sick. I'll bet Maggie is going to look so cute, please post a picture. Good news on your niece's boyfriend, that has to be a relief! It's so good she has your family to support her.

@Txcritter I will keep my fingers crossed for you with the trainer, that is what saved Vannie. Let me know how you make out, I remember having A LOT of homework every week, it was well worth it. Good for you for your streak with your step goal!

My day went well until about supper time. I was so hungry after agility that I stopped at McDonald's, I don't especially like McDonald's but I was starving and it was there. I think I will pack something to take with me.
    SO TIRED tonight! Hope everyone had a great day!
    I took Ty in to Chapters this afternoon and she was actually able to lay still and watch the world go by for about 5 minutes:). 84qzb9ofl9p5.jpeg
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yesterday started okay with an early morning workout that felt tough, but thought it was only because of all the work I'd put in the day before. WRONG! By noon realized I was actually sick and ended up in bed all day sleeping it off. Barely moved, logging only 2993 steps, 1.79 miles. Feeling slightly better today but still low energy. Not sure if anything will get accomplished today.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,107 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Thanks! Yeah, our bodies are weird lol. Let me know if you end up trying those burgers, we really enjoyed them. Thanks! Oh Maggie! I hope the groomers can clean her up lol. That's good the good-for-nothing boyfriend moved out. Even though it's hard right now, it will be better in the long run. I'm so glad you went to the doctor about your hand!

@Katmary71 Those are great victories! I hope you are feeling a little better by the time you read this. Hugs.

@reshii_devi Sounds like you are doing awesome. Woo hoo! Just read you aren't feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.

@txcritter69 They did have a blast! Thank you. Wow, that's awesome that you have been sticking to your step goal. I hope the meet and greet with the trainer went well. I'm glad you are having better days.

@megnolia82 I loved your stories of meeting celebrities, how fun and funny. Good job resisting the urge to eat!

@laurelfit57 HAHAHA that sounds like it would be funny to watch that class. Poor Ty was over it lol. Thanks, I am mostly better. Packing something to take with you would be an excellent idea. Awww, Ty is such a good girl! I could NOT take Violet to a bookstore, she would bark her head off lol. Daisy would be okay.

Hi all. My migraine is mostly better but there is a ghost of a migraine still there threatening to come back. At least I was able to work all day yesterday. Food was okay, I had breakfast in the cafe at work which I have given myself permission to do once a week. I had a scramble.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack outside of what I planned.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 We have had the same weather. It’s supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so I’m hoping to get my car washed. I pay to have unlimited carwashes, and I’m thinking that is a huge waste of money during thunderstorm season. :D You are doing great with your step goal and getting in 140 g of protein. I hope Diesel likes his trainer. :)

@megnolia82 Congrats on pushing through that feeling of wanting something to eat! How often do we all do that when we aren’t really hungry at all? Good for you! 🎉🎉🎉

@FushiaKat Getting a new phone is always fun! I just bought a new phone case called Loopy that I’ve wanted a long time. It sorta made me feel like I got a new phone. :)

@Katmary71 That’s not good that your patches aren’t working. Can you get ones with stronger meds? I hope the foot bath does give you relief. :)

@laurelfit57 Yikes, at least Maggie doesn’t eat the mulch. She gets it all stuck in her fuzzy little tail. She will walk the fence line munching on grass and then come pukes it up if she gets too much. Most annoying! 🙄

@reshii_devi So sorry you are sick. Take it easy and I hope you will feel better very soon. :)

@trooworld It was nice to have my clean dog back. She was so tired and grouchy all evening and put herself to bed at 8 pm. Poor baby! :D I’m glad you are feeling better. :)

Good morning! Last night, we finished the ice cream my sister bought on Mother’s Day, and we talked about how we wouldn’t indulge anymore until we see real results on the scale. She is the type that is either all in or all of her plan, so she is trying a three-day water fast to get back on track. Whatever! 😐 I’m just going to work out and eat the foods that I should eat. For dinner, I’m making salmon and a salad. I have a staff meeting tonight, which could be hard. We had an incident where one of our youth boys was caught by one of our youth girls trying to peek at her in the transom window of the bathroom. He is in full denial, and she is certain by his bushy eyebrows that it was him. We are a small church, and these two families are VERY important to the running of the church. I’m just praying they can all figure out how to deal with this and move on. Teenagers!! 😬
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

@micaroo4 I don't care for weeding either. I hope you don't attract wasps too. I love watching my hummingbirds feeding that are so cute buzzing around chasing each other. I actually was hit by one a few yrs ago. I step out the door right into its flight path. It didn't even phase the little thing. LOL

@megnolia82 Your Rock post reminded me of when John and I were in Austin on 6th St. As we were walking around We noticed a lady walking with a bunch of men around her down the middle of the street as she was walking the crowd got bigger and bigger. I then realized that she was Pink, but the crowd was so huge by then we just kept doing our thing.

@FushiaKat I hate when they fish around looking for a vein. Like that doesn't hurt. We started Dune ll also but hubby fell asleep watching it and we have not resumed it yet.

@Katmary71 I'm sorry to see that you are having a bad pain day. I hope that you are able to find some relief.

@laurelfit57 Glad Ty obedience class went will. Diesels meet the trainer did not go as I would have hoped. More below.

@reshii_devi I am sorry you are under the weather. I hope you get to feeling better.

@TeresaW2024 Yay! The boyfriend moved out. I hope Maggie enjoyed she day at the groomers. Oh no on the teenagers.

@trooworld Glad you are doing somewhat better I hope your migraine continues to go away. Great job on track.

Today is going to be another nice day for Diesel and I to get our walk in. Tomorrow it is going to rain again.

John also has an appt for acupuncture for his neuropathy. This will be his 2nd treatment. He said the last one seems to help some.

Ok, so the meet the trainer did not go as I would have hoped. She does not work with behavioral issues but did give me some trainers who do. So I am back to looking for a trainer. She did give me some insight on how I can help him with building his confidence.

Question: Can someone tell me how to post pics in the news feed of MFP? I am stumped at figuring that one out.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited May 15
    Options
    Hi sorry for late weight in haven't been feeling myself.

littlebabekitty
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    SW:220
    PW: 193 6
    CW: 194.6
    +1lb

I gained a lb due to bloating. 😔 I am currently in a rut. Going up and down sucks but I am not giving up. Better luck next week.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH INS DUE NOW:
    @AustinRuadhain @Jactop @Divya365
    Weigh in reminder for tomorrow to the following: @askewcr @tfelts147
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I pray your migraine never comes back.
    @reshii_devi I pray you get better quick
    @TeresaW2024 salmon yummy. Praying for the teen situation.
    @littlebabekitty giving up is not allowed. You got this.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 I use an android app on my phone. In the main news feed there a place to "share something " . To the right is a picture of a camera. However if you tap on the "share something" space it opens into a screen that has an add photo bar at the bottom.
    If you're trying to post in the Slimpossible group I have to use a browser as the app won't let me.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Thank you. Packing something to eat sounds like a great idea for next time. Ty is such a gorgeous pup! Is that a library event (Chapters)?

@reshii__devi Oh no I hope you feel better and that energy comes back. How frustrating you just posted what an awesome streak you had too!

@trooworld Thanks! Grr I hope that lingering migraine is dust soon! A scramble is a great choice for being at the cafe, I hope you're patting yourself on the back for allowing that cafe day AND picking something healthy.

@TeresaW2024 Haha let your sis do the water fast and egg diets alone right?! That's smart of you do things you know work. Yikes I hope those two families can work things out.

@txcritter69 Thank you. Enjoy the walk today, stinks about the rain tomorrow! I hope John does well with the acupuncturist. I hope the referrals from the trainer to ones who work with behavioral issues work out. To answer your question what kind of phone and do you come on with the app or website?

@littlebabekitty Ugh hope you're out of the rut and unbloated soon!

Hi team! Ended up at work extra long today, hard to explain but there's changes possibly coming to the clinic and if it happens my roommate and I were offered the chance to stay on and try to make it work with the nutritionist who has been real kind to both of us. A different practitioner (used salesman personality) keeps cornering me and let me know today she needs a room to rent hoping I'd let her move in (she helped my roommate get a desk home yesterday and hung out for a bit). It feels like if the current owner bails who is her roommate she's trying to get in with me for some reason so she's not out of what happens at the clinic. The nutritionist had a class after work so I just got home, headed outside to water the garden and clear my mind a bit. Have a great Thursday friends!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 511 Member
    edited May 16
    Options
    @trooworld When we went to Vannie's agility practice last night, Shauna who is Vannie's agility trainer, and is also the owner of the training facility and Ty's breeder talked to me about Ty's class. Apparently she was watching Ty's obedience class. She told me that she almost came and pulled us out of there, she was concerned that because Ty was so young, those loud dogs might be too much and she was afraid of a fear response. Then she realized she had fallen asleep🤣.
    Daisy might enjoy perusing bookstores with you! Hoping your migraine cleared off. What a great idea to have a meal in the cafeteria once a week! I have never had a scramble, I have been tempted but always found something else on the menu lol

@TeresaW2024 seriously, why do dogs have to eat so much grass that they make themselves sick!? I have heard so many explanations over the years I don't know what to believe. I like your plan for food much better, I couldn't even fast for five or six hours I don't know how your sister can do it for three days, yikes! That sounds like a tricky/awkward situation at your church, hopefully all gets worked out.

@Txcritter69 I am sorry that your meeting with the trainer didn't go as planned. It can be so challenging to find trainers who are actually good with reactive dogs. I think when you find the right trainer, it will make your life so much easier with Diesel ♥️.

@katmary chapters allows dogs here, it is a great place for socializing young pup because it is so quiet. Sounds like you have politics going on at work, always so challenging!

We went for the dinner theatre brunch today, tracking was definitely a challenge and I did not do as well as I did last time. The production was Grease, it was excellent! I did get the dogs out for a couple of good walks. They are ripping up all of our streets and sidewalks in our neighbourhood to lay down new ones. There is so much noise from the breaking of the concrete and the big machinery. I played outside with the dogs for most of the afternoon yesterday on my front patio, Ty could not actually see what was going on but could hear it and by the end of the afternoon she didn't care. We went out early this morning as they were starting up the big equipment. I asked a couple of guys it would be OK if I took my puppy close before they got it started up and moving. They were so sweet and accommodating, they turned it down to a low idle and let Ty investigate.
    My plan is to get to the gym for a spin class in the morning to try to help to work off some of this brunch lol
    ps1444ks20rs.jpeg
    kz54kjzuprj8.jpeg
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Feeling much better teamies! Yesterday was a bust but surprisingly back on track after a slow start today. Early morning stretching, light low-intensity lunch working out the kinks, and 90 minutes walking with weights this evening. Amazed to be ending with another 1K🔥and more than 17,000 steps. :smile:
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 - Welcome Carson! He's so tiny!
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username: tfelts147
    Weighin day: Thursday
    PW: 231.4
    CW: 232.2

+0.8....a small gain...I did go overboard a few days this week so this was expected
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,107 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Awww, poor Maggie Moo! Thanks. I think you have the right idea, I don't know about what your sister's doing lol. Oh gosh, that situation! I hope you can get it figured out.

@txcritter69 Thank you! That's good the acupuncture is helping John. I'm sorry the trainer didn't work out. I hope one of the ones she referred you to does.

@littlebabekitty Sorry about your rut. Hang in there.

@18shmoo69 Thank you!

@Katmary71 Me too. And thanks! I didn't realize you live with someone, is this new? Change is always scary. You have a great day, too.

@laurelfit57 Ty is so chill! She's such a good pup. She's going to be a great dog when she grows up! Oh I think Daisy would and she'd get lots of attention. But I always feel bad leaving Violet at home lol. Thanks, it's still there but barely. I settled for a scramble (I hate eggs!) because the other options were terrible for me. At least with a scramble, I can get a proper amount of protein and all the add-ins can disguise the eggs lol. How fun that dinner theatre brunch sounds! I hope the work on your roads gets done quickly. That was a good idea to let Ty investigate a bit. Did you get to the gym? Ty looks very curious in those pics. :D

@reshii_devi I'm glad you are feeling better. Great job with your steps!

@Veta2018 Congrats on the birth of Carson!

Hi all. My migraine is still there but I can go to work, it's not too bad. I heard on the news the weather person said that there are still electromagnetic disturbances in the atmosphere and I really think that is why I still have this migraine. We spontaneously got a pizza last night. I did not do well with it but only went over by 79 cals.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, didn't snack outside of what I planned.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Bummer that the trainer wasn’t what you needed for Diesel. I hope you can find someone to help him. Neuropathy is awful. My mom suffers from it really bad in her hands and feet, but she would never do acupuncture. I hope John feels better. :)

@littlebabekitty, I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well. That never helps with our weight loss. Hang in there and try to figure out how you can get out of your rut. ((hugs))

@Katmary71 Ugh, you must be strong and not let that practitioner move in! She sounds like someone you would not like to share your private space with. I didn’t even know you already had a roommate. :D

@laurelfit57 Yeah, I don’t know if my sister will do the whole three days. But she is one stubborn woman when she sets her mind on something so she might. :D That brunch sounds fun! I love Grease. Oh my gosh, Ty is the bravest! My Maggie would have never gotten near that big equipment. She freaks out with all the big trucks, trailers, and machinery. Actually, she just freaks out over anything new and different. 🤣

@Veta2018 Ohhh my goodness, Carson is precious! Congrats grandma!! :)

Good morning! Well, last night’s meeting was upsetting. The father and stepmother of the boy I talked about in my last post are part of our staff/leadership meeting. They weren’t there, so there were just four of us when, about ten minutes later, he and his wife walked in and turned in their keys to the church credit card. She is a staff member in charge of organizing the volunteers for all our kid's ministries. He is a deacon and head of the men’s ministry and event committee. You could feel the anger of this guy, and I could tell he was holding himself back from complete rage. It’s a huge deal if they are really leaving and will leave such a big hole in our small church. My poor new pastor is so upset. I mean, the man just got here five months ago and has already lost two prominent families. He is calling the guy today, and we will see where we go from now. Also, I'm praying we don’t lose the family of the girl, or we really will have an issue. ☹️In other news, I did well yesterday with my eating and exercise and plan just to repeat it today. I want to wash my car but big storms will be here the rest of the week, so why bother? Have a good day, everyone! 🙂
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW 205
    CW 204.4
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

@littlebabekitty It does suck when it comes to bloating. You got this! Next week will be better.

@19shmoo69 Thank you, it is so crazy how you can't use your phone to post pictures here in this group. But it is the only way you can in the feed. I never even thought to look on my phone. LOL I just assumed you couldn't.

@Katmary71 The rain is holding off this morning so I'm hoping to get a walk in if I finish up everything this morning. John's acupuncture went well. I tease him about wearing earrings in his ears. LOL He has 5 little needles in each ear. He said it does help him. I have been thinking about doing it for my neuropathy. You are so brave letting people move in with you. I have a hard time letting my kids move back in (back when they need to.) lol
    I just don't trust like that. I guess I have been burned too many times. I am looking around for another trainer, I have a few in mind.

@laurelfit57 I have a few other trainers in mind I just have to figure out which one to try next. Diesel is just like Ty when it comes to new things. He is

@Veta2018 Thank you, Congratulations and Welcome to Grandmahood!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you, this is John's second time with the treatment. We are still trying to figure this all out. But it is working and it is great that he has less pain. His neuropathy got worse after going through chemo. I hope things work out for the church.

So I weighed in this morning and I am back to my weight before the camping trip. Now to get in below by Sunday. Off to get my walk in and work done around the house.

Have a great day!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW:
    @AustinRuadhain @Divya365 @askewcr
    Tomorrow Reminder to the following: @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @TeresaW2024 @ninyagwa
This discussion has been closed.