Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• start090
    start090 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been a regular user of this fantastic app for a long time. However, I have never been in a group. I believe joining this group is an excellent opportunity to meet people sharing similar goals.

My highest weight is 80 kg, and I reached my lowest weight last summer at 58 kg.

Now I'm at 65.5 kg ( 1st June 2024).

My goals this month :

-To lose 2.5 kg this month without losing muscle mass.

- To walk 10.000 steps (weekdays), 20.000(weekends)

- Try the OMAD diet at 13500-1500 Cal per day

- Replace two days of workout with bodyweight exercises
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,111 Member
    Options
    start090 wrote: »
    Hi, I've been a regular user of this fantastic app for a long time. However, I have never been in a group. I believe joining this group is an excellent opportunity to meet people sharing similar goals.

My highest weight is 80 kg, and I reached my lowest weight last summer at 58 kg.

Now I'm at 65.5 kg ( 1st June 2024).

My goals this month :

-To lose 2.5 kg this month without losing muscle mass.

- To walk 10.000 steps (weekdays), 20.000(weekends)

- Try the OMAD diet at 13500-1500 Cal per day

- Replace two days of workout with bodyweight exercises

Welcome to our wonderful group ...I am Megan I am the captain of this marvelous team...If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask ...looking forward to cheer you on :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 188 Member
    edited June 2
    Options
    Liketoyak
    Saturday weigh in
    PW-282.0
    CW-281.9

I posted in May week 5 as well. This one is just for my reference.

May has been a sloooow month. Onward to June. My goal for June is to checkin here 3 times this week. I always find such joy in reading everyone's posts and I'm looking forward to that during this last month of teaching the little ones.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2
    Options
    Please get your steps in to me for May week 5 as soon as possible so that I can post the results ...Thank you :)

@aactuallyaash 6/1
    @Hotspur11 5/26 - 6/1
    @Stacimfit 5/26 - 6/1
    @lovethyneighbor 5/31 & 6/1
    @MommieJeannie 5/26 - 6/1

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2
    Options
  • JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Here are my steps for
    6/1 - 10,884
  • yodaloo88
    yodaloo88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yodaloo88
    Sunday weigh in
    PW- 401lb
    CW- 389.6lb

I wasn't expecting to get into the 380's so fast but I'm very happy! It's the lowest I've been pretty much this year. I know my loss will slow down in the coming weeks but this is so encouraging!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    yodaloo88 wrote: »
    Yodaloo88
    Sunday weigh in
    PW- 401lb
    CW- 389.6lb

I wasn't expecting to get into the 380's so fast but I'm very happy! It's the lowest I've been pretty much this year. I know my loss will slow down in the coming weeks but this is so encouraging!

Awesome loss ......HUGE Congrats :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,599 Member
    Options
    Yodaloo88
    Sunday weigh in
    PW- 401lb
    CW- 389.6lb

Fantastic loss! New century and decade all in one week. Congrats 👏
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    6ttm7dk1znfh.jpg

What's the biggest challenge you're facing right now?

Mine is my foot not healing well and not being able to do the things I want to do ( like walk my dogs)
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,946 Member
    edited June 2
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I posted my steps on May's thread.
    6ttm7dk1znfh.jpg

I am dealing with a knee injury which is limiting my exercise to seated workouts. I'm getting them done, but don't know how many calories I am actually burning. I have turned off the calories burned from exercise for the time being on MFP - I used to allow myself have of the earned (it worked for me).

I got all your steps ...thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Please welcome back @Trillium54 :)
  • JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yodaloo88
    Sunday weigh in
    PW- 401lb
    CW- 389.6lb

Fantastic loss!! Congrats
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    weigh in day sunday
    pw: 132 pounds
    cw: 132 pounds
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Is there anyone else that wants to be added to our step challenge.. if there is please give me your name and a step goal you plan to reach either daily or weekly .. I will post the results every Sunday..Thanks
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    cbuij0c6rwtr.png
    3fk3p2z9fpqb.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    eyko1wxv1uxb.png

By Pounds
    jt4kpo27rnox.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    xyncjq88yx86.png

By Pounds
    u33s1fjttuhn.png
    mlsf8h47gf48.png

Team Winners
    x2ixm5476psr.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    jrj6m9ae7yd8.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    d3m3jmsowa4f.png
    a9eyo7inxvp4.png
    jemdq5aqpexz.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    za2s37uo4mwj.png

By Pounds
    bpl4kfd0ihd6.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wu6cdmo37j67.png

By Pounds
    r7n4z8069od7.png

Team Winners
    uhkkcpwg9jmt.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    aya5gu24yfdv.png
  • yodaloo88
    yodaloo88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    6ttm7dk1znfh.jpg

Mine is my foot not healing well and not being able to do the things I want to do ( like walk my dogs)

My limited mobility and just feeling overwhelmed by the challenge ahead of me- even though I know I need to not think of the long-haul. I just need to take it a day at a time!

I've been cricking my neck really bad for months and that has been frustrating me- so the pain is bad again today- I can barely turn it and I have a long shift at work tomorrow on my feet.

I am going to plan my meals for this week so I know what to have for suppers etc. Breakfasts can be easy- eggs in some variation for protein and I'll add something to it like an english muffin with cream cheese or some fruit. Lunches will depend on my day and where I'm going to be.

I also am going to drink more water. I had supper a little bit ago and I am not feeling as full as I want to- even though I've had enough food. So I am going to make sure I am keeping hydrated!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    6ttm7dk1znfh.jpg

My limited mobility and just feeling overwhelmed by the challenge ahead of me- even though I know I need to not think of the long-haul. I just need to take it a day at a time!

I've been cricking my neck really bad for months and that has been frustrating me- so the pain is bad again today- I can barely turn it and I have a long shift at work tomorrow on my feet.

I am going to plan my meals for this week so I know what to have for suppers etc. Breakfasts can be easy- eggs in some variation for protein and I'll add something to it like an english muffin with cream cheese or some fruit. Lunches will depend on my day and where I'm going to be.

I also am going to drink more water. I had supper a little bit ago and I am not feeling as full as I want to- even though I've had enough food. So I am going to make sure I am keeping hydrated!

Sorry your in pain ...Have you tried a hot shower or heating pad ...take it one day at a time ...try not to be overwhelmed ..You got this :):):)

This discussion has been closed.