WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    PW 147
    CW 146

I am happy with that after my outta control weekend !

Okay so yesterday was a " perfect day" - Yay
    - We went on our work walk, I really should have looked at the weather though, we walked at 9.30 am - it was 81 degrees but humidity was off the charts so it felt like 95 - It took a minute to cool down. Anyway we determined it is 1.5 miles, and yes it is sketchy, lots of trucks going up and down the road, although all were respectful, and moved way over as to not kick dirt on us. And no you can not smell the candy factory, so thats a good thing.

I did my 15 squats. Didn't eat past 6pm, and logged everything. :smiley:
  • ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 DDR was great! We unlocked a new song. My cat sat right next to the dance pad at one point while my boyfriend was playing and it made me think of Simba saying, "Danger? Ha! I laugh in the face of danger!"

I didn't make myself eggs yesterday, hope to get back on that tonight but I'll be out and about. I just threw the two leftover biscuits in my lunch bag so calorically my breakfast is similar but less protein and fat so I might feel hungry again sooner :smile: Budgeting the cals for a korean corn dog and a mochi donut. I hope to play DDR again when I get home. I kept getting C and D ranks and I gotta get new high scores, I gotta!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed Woo hoo, way to go! You are officially a runner!

My week has been good. I closed my diary both Monday and Tuesday. I've been drinking my water. I've been moving my body.

I have a round of golf for work today. Food will be at the course so it's a bit of an unknown. I am leaving the house in a head space that supports good choices!

My weight crept up super high over the weekend before I reined it in so the progress this week thus far has just been to bring me back to where I've been. But, looking forward to making continued progress for the rest of this year. I have no clothes that fit me and it makes it hard on a day like today where I have to go out for a corporate golf event.

But alas, not focusing on the negative... it's a sunny day and I get to golf instead of a day in the office!

Have a good day all!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    A beautiful sunny day indeed! I went early to get Jasper out for a ride before the hot temperatures and expected thunderstorms arrive, and it was lovely. We went around the beautiful open spaces with a woman who was taking her first trail ride in decades. She was a bit nervous, but on a good steady horse that belongs to our mutual friend. Jasper helped her keep calm by being a good boy as well. A wild turkey flew up off of her nest close by at one point, but neither horse did more than startle a tiny bit, so all was well. Next time we'll go into the woods by all the cool ponds and a weird rock formation.

I added a weight to the squat challenge yesterday - just 10 pounds, in "goblet" position - but it feels good so I'll keep doing that. I find it helps me keep a better position and more upright in my back. I'll up it to my 8 kg kettlebell in a few days.

The garden is almost all planted. Just more seeds to go - yesterday I put in all the plants (tomatoes, eggplants, peppers) and it about did me in! Right now I'm ferrying water out there in a wheelbarrow, so I can't wait until the barrel is back in the garden. At least it is going to rain for a couple of days, so I'm saved! I'll get some photos soon and we can have a garden photo exhibition :smiley:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    late once again - it feels like anytime I try to change my sleep pattern, I only go to bed later. not the intention!

Work has been really productive the last 3 days which feels great, and I got to leave right at 5 today. I walked 5K today, which is much longer than I usually go for but my cousin was trying to get us all to do a 5K virtually for world running day, so there I went. Dinner was good - chicken tacos with homemade guac, and I have plenty leftover for lunch and dinner tomorrow. I am having a new couch delivered tomorrow so tonight included a little extra work and movement from taking apart my futon and bringing the pieces down to our building garbage room.

Pretty tired now - I work from home Thursdays & Fridays, so it will be nice to sleep a little later tomorrow.

@YinxFed you are absolutely a runner now!

@ashleycarole86 hope the course had some good lunch options for you today
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    @Lyss983 even though you had a curve ball thrown at you, you were able to roll with it and still did well! Kudos to you for switching your meals for your days and making it work for you!

@Kali225 Great job walking a 5k! I hope your foot doesn't hurt today from that.

@MaddawgMadsen thinking about you and hoping the breast biopsy goes ok! Keep us posted. Now that you had your drink and ice cream, when you get stressed and worried, go for a walk or do some squats!

@ElfBodGoals I feel ya on the bad snacks yesterday. I recovered today and ate under calories. I hope you were able to swing things back around.

I planned my meals for the most part today, since I ended up over eating yesterday on some candy I didn't even want so why did I eat it? I am under my calories today, but still didn't make up for yesterday completely. I am almost at my step goal, and plan to go for a walk around the neighborhood with my husband in a few minutes to get the rest of my steps in for the day. I also went for a walk on lunch which is actually really nice to get away from the desk when I'm not swamped :smile:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellie! @strong_fit_ells you are always welcome here!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Snuck a glance at the scale this morning and it may not be a loss tomorrow from where I was 2 weeks ago. 3 days at a bachelorette weekend will probably do that. Overall though, I feel this week has been pretty solid.

I got a new couch delivered today and I LOVE it. My living room looks so good and cohesive now and I got rid of the nearly-falling-apart futon that I had previously in this space.

I've been really consistent this whole year with dance cardio on Tuesdays thanks to involving some friends, in person and virtually. So I decided to apply that logic to other workouts, and today marked the first of hopefully perpetual weeks where I got on Zoom with a girlfriend and we both did an upper body strength workout (not the same one, just doing our own things - together!). Another friend may join next week and the plan is to do a strength workout of some kind each week.

@MaddawgMadsen all good thoughts headed your way - sorry you are dealing with some medical uncertainty on top of other things! But glad to see you back in the chat.

@strong_fit_ells same to you, always happy to see you pop back in!
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Kind of busy day today, but managed to squeeze in some Fitness Boxing 2 on the Switch. Tried the No Mercy setting that ended up being 12 minutes long. Will probably try to do two back to back tomorrow!
  • tlcjen12
    tlcjen12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Cw-171