WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Had my zoom meeting. It went very well. He said he'd get back to the Lower School Head right away so she can follow up with me. I think that sounds good. Come on!

Worked in my garden this am breaking up clods of dirt and teaching my granddaughter how to deadhead plants and pull weeds. We also watered. She loves watering. My lunch was not great because I grabbed whatever leftovers I could find because I was short on time and my meeting was coming up.

Granddaughter here all week - so we gardened, baked cookies, and while I had my meeting she's upstairs playing with Pop Pop.

@Gidgitgoescrzy Thanks Vikki I think I was doing them fine then when I did them. Need to do more.

Just checking in. Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @micki48 - I'm so happy that your Zoom meeting went well! Fingers crossed that you get this job!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    Such good news @micki48 - let's hope it keeps getting better. And enjoy those gardening hours with the little one :heart:

@MaddawgMadsen so much going on! I hope that you are like your sister and do not have anything more serious to contend with. Your trip to Utah sounds wonderful, though - a horse show is always fun! I'll bet it is a gorgeous trip from either Oregon or Colorado to northern Utah. Have a great time :smiley:

I had plenty of good walking, squatting, riding, and only light garden work today. The beans are starting to germinate! I have more to plant tomorrow morning. Then a rehearsal and planning for a new group I hope to put together. Things are good!

and @Gidgitgoescrzy - I bet you'll rock that 2-piece bathing suit. Get out there and show off those highly experienced and squat conditioned legs and your smaller self!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @micki48 - How amazing you and your granddaughter get to spend time like that together.

@MaddawgMadsen - Fantastic victory not turning to alcohol during this stressful time.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Wow! Quite a bit going on today!

@MaddawgMadsen that's crazy to get stung on the tip of your finger! I am glad you aren't too allergic to bees/wasps! But that sounds like a painful location. Hopefully it wasn't your dominant hand.

@micki48 that's great news the interview went well! I hope it is a position that also sounds good for you and where you will like it! Do you get to have the summer off?

@jugar and any other veggie gardeners: my zucchini plants only seem to be growing male flowers, no female ones. Any tips because nothing is able to be pollinated if it's just one type of flower growing...

Today was good but very busy. Work was non-stop and then went right to a group dinner. I learned a lot, but also ate a lot...tomorrow is a new day!

Thursday weigh-in crew, who's ready? I already got Jolene.

@ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today was a fun workout day - took three tries to find one I wanted to do. Ended up with a Get Fit With Rick YouTube video doing tabata-style. Worth finding!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I miss one day of posts and come back to plethora of snack and energy ideas! Thanks all!! I definitely need to add some of these into my regular day. I have a nice aged cheddar on hand so I will try that tomorrow during the working-from-home afternoon.

Yesterday was a team outing and dinner for work which was really fun - eating wasn't out of control at all but... drinking certainly was. I feel bloated in my face today so I am not optimistic about a good weigh in on Friday, but still glad we all had fun. And the company paid! :)

@MaddawgMadsen ugh sorry about your sting and reaction!! staying tuned on biopsy reporting but that's encouraging news from your sister.

@Gidgitgoescrzy don't talk yourself out of wearing the two piece! Buy one and WEAR IT!!

@micki48 yay on your zoom!
  • smcewen99
    smcewen99 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One little mind trick is to reduce my sugar intake - I hold fast on my Starbucks - it is the small things like a sweet dessert at a dinner / conference this week - felt a little stronger today - to big "airport walks" DTW and MIL - for the win!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was not nearly as productive as it should have been. No walk, no exercise to make up for it.

When I got home one of my lovely animals knocked over my Swiss cheese plant, so I had to clean that up, which meant moving the whole plant stand, then I had to repot, which led to some other plant work.. So the evening just got away from me, I did do my squats though.

I didn't make tuna salad either, I am going to save that for next week, but I did make a yummy pasta salad with mini mozzarella balls, pepperoni, tomato and basil fresh from the garden.

Have a wonderful day !
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 250
    CW 251.4
  • ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 I've got DDR II on the Wii! I grew up playing the PS2 games, but my PS2 broke. If my games are still in my parent's basement, I might go ahead and replace my PS2 so I can play them again. I just use the cheap soft pads :smile: I've only gotten to play on an arcade cabinet a few times, I've always wanted to own one!

I did a very belated blood test for my thyroid yesterday, we'll see if my doctor's happy with my medication's dosage. I put it off for a year because I was tired of being poked and prodded, and then it was just awkward so I had to call and make sure they'll still test my blood lol :fearful:

Back on tracking today. I took a couple days off. I made my boyfriend's birthday cake and we took it to a place he regularly does open mics at. Everyone loved it, nothing left behind!! Except napkins. We're going to move in together soon, so I'm gonna KonMari the heck out of my little house to make sure the lifestyles and interests of two 30 somethings can fit... and then a third because I also have a friend moving in with me from out of state in Fall, it's going to be a bustling place!

Weigh in tomorrow, honestly I just hope it hasn't gone up :sweat_smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @jugar and any other veggie gardeners: my zucchini plants only seem to be growing male flowers, no female ones. Any tips because nothing is able to be pollinated if it's just one type of flower growing...

That happens early on - here's the official word from gardencityharvest.org on that:
    In the beginning, zucchini only produce male flowers, so if early on you’re seeing flowers but no squash, that’s okay. The plants are training bees to come by and look for pollen. Later on in the season though, it could be other factors. The plants could be too crowded, drought stressed, fighting off a pest or disease, or over fertilized. (Too much nitrogen heavy fertilizer encourages the plant to develop leaves, but sometimes at the expense of flowers).

Hopefully your female flowers will arrive! Also, I hope that there are flowering plants all around nearby so that you have bees. If not, break out the soft paintbrush!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    @jugar thank you for letting me know! That makes me feel a little better! It keeps just growing male flowers, and while pretty...it doesn't make any veggies! However a bee did try to attack me getting to the pollen while I was looking for a female flower this morning, so that's a good sign!

I had a good day today, but am just tired overall. I have to still get my steps in for the day and my 25 minutes of activity for the stridekick challenge, so I am going to lace up my shoes in a few minutes to keep my streak going. I have an audiobook I am listening to that I need to finish before my book club on Tuesday. I am also trying to decide on a healthy snack to bring.

I hope everyone else is having a good day!
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today was an intentional rest day, with my plan in place for tomorrow... so long as I don't change my mind on what I want to do! :smiley: I need to play some catch up reading posts, but alas, off to bed with me!
  • tlcjen12
    tlcjen12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989
    Pw- 171
    CW-172
  • ElfBodGoals
    ElfBodGoals Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: 220.4

PW: 220.2
    CW: 220.4

I'm gonna think about what I ate.

This weeks foods-that-put-me-over review:

The guava cake was worth it, 10/10 I'll make that for anyone's birthday again. No notes.

The big Cheez-It crunch wrap was not all I wanted it to be. I would prefer to have a wholesome soup with some Cheez-Its on the side (#balanced). Taco Bell's cinnabon delights, which I usually love, did not hold a candle to the cake I made earlier in the week. I'll explore home baking more and stick to my cantina bowl whenever I hit the drive-thru (they used to call it a power bowl).

I ordered a plate instead of a bowl at Panda Express and did not win the "half for now, half for tomorrow" game. Hot orange chicken was also, after digestion, not worth it. I may retire from certain spicy food. Panda's super greens still rock and I want to learn how to cook vegetables like that.

The work cafeteria's 4oz chocolate chip cookies... it's the gooeyness. Wildcard? Maybe I just need to make my lunch meal prep out of gooey foods, since this is a texture craving. I want more comfort when I'm at work, and comfort to me is as little chewing as possible. Shall I enter a casserole era?

Tackling today with a plan so that I can have an ice cream sandwich or something at the movies while staying in a deficit. But it better be a good treat like a gourmet ice cream sandwich. A lot of food out there just doesn't taste that great, if I stop and think about it. More motivation to play in the kitchen.