New members

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,161 Member
    Options
    53 here. I've been on MFP awhile, but just getting back into the Community aspect. Feel free to add.

I used to be active in the Communities but I found I was spending too much time online so I cut back.
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am back lol
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Rxman1971 wrote: »
    Hi all I am back lol

Welcome back!!
  • Rxman1971
    Options
    Thanks Mac. How's it going
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Thanks Mac. How's it going

Mostly good. Getting ready for the annual migration... escaping Texas before it becomes unbearably hot to Canada's east coast where summer is far more pleasant.
  • jkq17
    jkq17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all Happy Sunday
    58 yr old Cdn male here.
    I had been on mfp for a number of years and am now back after a hiatus.
    Looking for like minded people in their 50s that want to keep chasing those healthy goals. I’m always looking for friends that I can chat and share ideas and tips with
    Jeff
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,882 Member
    Options
    jkq17 wrote: »
    Hi all Happy Sunday
    58 yr old Cdn male here.
    Looking for like minded people in their 50s that want to keep chasing those healthy goals. I’m always looking for friends that I can chat and share ideas and tips with
    Jeff

@jkq17 - Welcome, Canadian neighbor! (I'm over in Michigan, USA, sort of next door to at least some parts of your beautiful country.)

This group has been a bit slow, but I hope you'll stick around. Most of the activity has been on these threads, lately:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10909281/general-chat-thread-please-participate#latest
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10647689/pictures-from-outdoor-exercise#latest

If you post on that first one, that's a good place to ask questions or share tips with fellow group members. The second one is not just photos; things here are pretty relaxed about what's posted where. That said, new threads can sometimes be overlooked, because they don't show up in our Community notifications unless we change one of the default notification settings. Once we post on a thread, or bookmark the thread, we do get notifications by default.

Truth in advertising: I'm not among "like minded people in their 50s" ;) as I'm 68. I'd like to think I'm fairly lively for a li'l ol' lady, but that may be wishful thinking. :D

Best wishes!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Hi all Happy Sunday
    58 yr old Cdn male here.
    Jeff

Hey Jeff! I'm a Canuck too... currently on the East Coast but I've lived from coast to coast over the years!!
  • jkq17
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hi all Happy Sunday
    58 yr old Cdn male here.
    Jeff

@jkq17 - Welcome, Canadian neighbor! (I'm over in Michigan, USA, sort of next door to at least some parts of your beautiful country.)

This group has been a bit slow, but I hope you'll stick around. Most of the activity has been on these threads, lately:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10909281/general-chat-thread-please-participate#latest
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10647689/pictures-from-outdoor-exercise#latest

If you post on that first one, that's a good place to ask questions or share tips with fellow group members. The second one is not just photos; things here are pretty relaxed about what's posted where. That said, new threads can sometimes be overlooked, because they don't show up in our Community notifications unless we change one of the default notification settings. Once we post on a thread, or bookmark the thread, we do get notifications by default.

Truth in advertising: I'm not among "like minded people in their 50s" ;) as I'm 68. I'd like to think I'm fairly lively for a li'l ol' lady, but that may be wishful thinking. :D

Best wishes!

Thanks so much for the info. I’m on the way to check out the links!
  • jkq17
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Hi all Happy Sunday
    58 yr old Cdn male here.
    Jeff

Hey Jeff! I'm a Canuck too... currently on the East Coast but I've lived from coast to coast over the years!!

Thanks Mac!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Hi all Happy Sunday
    58 yr old Cdn male here.
    Jeff

Thanks Mac!

It seems like MFP is in a time of transition as they've signaled they intend to remove the Newsfeed feature. That will probably result in driving more activity to groups, including this one...

For myself, I found the Newsfeed to be more engaging than the groups. I'm not much of a social butterfly so the changes won't likely make a huge difference in my world...
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Stopping back in to say hey! 👋 I liked the newsfeed better, but I have been hitting the groups again since I'm in one of the team fitness challenges. Will try to remember to be more active here too, now, I guess, since the news feed just went poof on my lap top. Sigh.
    ~b3achy 😎
  • JPismefromSP
    JPismefromSP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello, I go by JP. I'm in Ohio. I've been on MFP for a while but am just starting to make active health journey choices.

I am not 50 (yet) but by the end of 2024 I will be. Is it cool if I hang out with you?
  • Rxman1971
    Options
    Miss the newsfeed that's all lol
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Miss the newsfeed that's all lol

You're not alone in that.