New members

Options

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,898 Member
    Options
    JustMeandZ wrote: »
    I read the other posts, and you all seem nice & with a good sense of humor, lol I'd like to stick around, ....just wish we could get this group more 'active' (I like to 'talk') lol

@JustMeandZ, go ahead and talk!! The more the merrier!!
  • JustMeandZ
    JustMeandZ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @JustMeandZ, go ahead and talk!! The more the merrier!! [/quote]

I lost another pound, ...so I'm still at it? lol

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark web.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am not new to MFP. I am over 60. I lost 40 pounds slowly on here during the economic downturn by exercising an hour a day and logging. Then I started working and commuting again which was the main problem before and gained it back. I had 2 jobs for a while. I now have a stable wonderful job, stopped the gain and started to lose. Then my scale became unreliable so we got a new one recently and it is measuring me back to where I was! I am glad to know what the story is and I can do this again. I had even started a great thread that became a group but it has died out and I miss the support.

I have a lot to lose. I like to lose it slow and healthily and my focus is my health and improving fitness. However I want to lose the scale/switch gain fast. I luckily didn't have any injuries or health problems until 3 years ago I threw out my knee and they said it was arthritis and said no deep knee bends or running. I was doing interval runs several days a week then. Then I broke my leg 2 years ago. So I am working to get back to where I was before. I go to aquafit 3 days a week and walk when I can. I just got an exercise machine for those days when I can't walk. I am from Seattle and we had a few weeks of smoke from forest fires this summer and we couldn't exercise outside. Except for fires our air quality is good.

I already have started to get some of those scales pounds off and I know they are real. Hope all have a great weekend.
  • Farback
    Options
    Wecome Kari. No need to thank us Canucks for the smoke.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »

Mighty neighborly of you to share with us. HAHA! :)

The smoke is all cleared out of southern Idaho now. Hoping it stays that way.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Farback wrote: »

I had friends visiting BC around then and was surprised they went with the fires but they said it wasn't a problem where they were. However it made me wonder where the smoke from our fires was going. Maybe to Oregon. My boss comes back to work Tuesday. She was on Vancouver Island. I want to hear how it was there. I heard they had a fire as well.
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eating on vaca is challenging!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Welcome all!
  • pegss0115
    pegss0115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Trying to find some friends not sure how it works.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    pegss0115 wrote: »
    Trying to find some friends not sure how it works.

Using the desktop app:

1) Click on the user name in the left sidebar.
    2) A window will open. Click on the name again.
    3) The user profile will open. Click on the "Add Friend" button. There is an option to send a message with the request. Use that to introduce yourself - where you saw the user - common interests or goals - something like that.

I sent you a friend request. You will see a highlighted number next to the silhouette at the top of your home page. Click on that and go from there.
  • Farback
    Options
    Welcome new folks, and good luck on reaching your targets.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Just browsed and found you all. I'm Barbi, I'm 51 years young but feeling much older. Married for 30 years in December, blessed with a beautiful 28 year old daughter. I have rottie lab mix pup that just turned 12 years old, 3 kits - Jazi, Chip and Jake. I work in the Pharm arena (pharmacy) and LOVE the water, any water, pool, ocean, lake, rain. It calls me.

I have been on MFP off and on for several years. In the beginning I was very dedicated, lost over 80 lbs then somewhere along the line I lost my footing. I relapsed, I stopped trying. I fell into depression and I gained weight. A lot of weight. Here I am, ready to commit to losing it again.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,047 Member
    Options
    Just browsed and found you all. I'm Barbi, I'm 51 years young but feeling much older. Married for 30 years in December, blessed with a beautiful 28 year old daughter. I have rottie lab mix pup that just turned 12 years old, 3 kits - Jazi, Chip and Jake. I work in the Pharm arena (pharmacy) and LOVE the water, any water, pool, ocean, lake, rain. It calls me.

I have been on MFP off and on for several years. In the beginning I was very dedicated, lost over 80 lbs then somewhere along the line I lost my footing. I relapsed, I stopped trying. I fell into depression and I gained weight. A lot of weight. Here I am, ready to commit to losing it again.

Welcome! And prepare yourself, as the process goes on, to very gradually start feeling younger again. It can happen! :)

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Great to have you onboard. Nana_Booboo xx
  • KeriA
    Options

I am committed to losing what I gained too. I love water too and aquafit is my main exercise. Live in Seattle so I get the rain too.
  • shamrockgreen
    shamrockgreen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've just committed to MFP and am really hoping it can help me achieve my goals. I have seen some amazing success in these posts so I have hope. I am 55 (as much as I don't like to admit it ;) ) and have a lot of weight to lose :s ). I've tried before with another program and the weight comes off so slowly that I give up before I have really seen any benefits. I'm going to really try not to do that this time as I want to do this. My first goal is to lose 10 pounds by January.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've just committed to MFP and am really hoping it can help me achieve my goals. I have seen some amazing success in these posts so I have hope. I am 55 (as much as I don't like to admit it ;) ) and have a lot of weight to lose :s ). I've tried before with another program and the weight comes off so slowly that I give up before I have really seen any benefits. I'm going to really try not to do that this time as I want to do this. My first goal is to lose 10 pounds by January.

Welcome aboard
    10 pounds loss by January is a super start
    Keep us posted on how you get on :)