Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,257 Member
edited August 4 in Social Groups
7a1xb0lwe39m.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs for five weeks, from June 30 - August 3.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get July on the road!

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with the fabulous @Katmary71! Our motivator is the hilarious and insightful @19shmoo69!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @Katmary71 who handles all of that stuff. She also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (8 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who is just turned 2 yrs old. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. For exercise, I like to walk with my husband and friends, however I am sometimes limited by arthritis in the knees and foot problems.

I have about 85 lbs to lose. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking. I do straight-up calorie counting of healthy foods with MFP Premium. I am in the process of qualifying for bariatric surgery. I've done a lot of research on it and I feel like it's the right path for me.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    9vu4se2dfpdj.png
    I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2024! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW2024 Yes! Drives me crazy lol. I think more of us suffer from secret eating than we probably realize. I'm so glad Maggie had her surgery and did well. Poor baby. I hope the new cone helps, I've used blow-up ones and soft ones before and they seem to work well. I hope you got a nap in! :D And I can see needing an hour to wake up on your own.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Your member spotlight was very inspirational for me. I love how you fit in your hour of walking! Disc golf sounds fun. Thank you for the reminder to weigh and measure stuff! I love the picture. Yes, 30 years with the same therapist! I do enjoy watching that show but would be mortified if someone did that to me lol. LOL about the pet peeve thing! Good luck with the points system again, I did WW for many, many years and enjoyed the process! Ooh I agree with your pet peeve, too! Ooh thank you for that recipe, it looks awesome! Let me know if you make it before I do.

@laurelfit57 I hope you had fun with your niece and grandkids!

@txcritter69 It absolutely sucks that, in order to manage depression, we have to take meds that cause more depression due to weight gain. I take something but, because I am bipolar, I take a mood stabilizer. Luckily, it doesn't cause weight gain BUT...for many years, I was on the wrong meds and they were weight gainers. A lot of my current extra weight is from that period. Oh yeah, people playing on their phones while driving also gets me going! Did you hear back from Kelley yet? I hope Diesel is eating again.

@Lislisa123 @865jessica @annachangesagain Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yes! LOL Thank you! I'm glad you are doing a little better.

@FoxyMoxie04 WELCOME! :D

Hi all. I didn't have much fun yesterday (I was getting ready for the conference I am attending this weekend) but I did get out for a drink and a coffee last night. I'll be gone all day at the conference.

No Zero Days: Tracked, drank 76.1 oz water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,387 Member
    The July Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jun 30th. Join us for the Drink More Water Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919061/july-week-1-group-challenge-drink-more-water-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 555 Member
    Finally! A nice quiet morning to catch up on all the news. I won't be commenting on everything but I will be catching up :-).

@trooworld that dill pickle chicken salad sounds delicious! I went to Pinterest to see if I could find it and went down a rabbit hole for the last hour🤣. Your recipe sounds much better than the ones I found on Pinterest, would you mind sharing?

@katmary71 I am so sorry to hear all that has been going on with you at work! All that stress can't be helping you at all😔.

@TeresaW2024 I have been reading your posts with suspense about Maggie Mae's journey to surgery. I am so glad it was a torn ACL rather than the luxating patella. There are a few dogs around here as well as my nieces pop who have torn ACL's. After surgery and when they are rehabbing some of them have pretty funky support bandages on♥️

@Txcritter69 that treatment you are going through sounds like it was brutal!
    The dogs that I have had for the last 20 years have all been crate trained. All except Vannie, came to find their crates a place of quiet and calm if the world ever got too busy. I never even shut their crate doors after about the age of one or two, it has been their choice.
    When Ty was not with us for the camping weekend, I decided that Vannie and I are old and boring 🤣. With Ty I am always on the go, I understand the lack of things to do without Diesel around. I hope he has started eating he just needs to get over this hump.

Sorry I did not comment on everybody, I did go down the rabbit hole on a few posts trying to backtrack and figure out what was going on lol.
    I finally feel like I have a moment to breathe today and I am doing things that have really wanted and need to get done. I really wanted to catch up here and I really need to do my laundry and all of the bedding and put my house back together. The weather is really warming up here, it has been lovely! Ty has been much easier to walk lately, which has made taking her for walks much more enjoyable.
    Tomorrow I am going to hit the farmers market and I'm hoping to do some meal prep for the week coming up.
    Hope everybody is having a great weekend, it is a long weekend here, not sure if it's the same in the states
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,938 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Kathy, I'm co-captain along with the incredible @trooworld and our supercalifragilisticexpialidocious motivator is @19shmoo69 . I'm 52 and live in the Sacramento area in CA with my two cats (and roommate). I joined this team at the start of 2019 and it's been a big part of my healthier life to have a community I can be myself in. I hope you all love it as much as I do. I was working at a functional medicine clinic in exchange for treatment that just closed, I met with my main practitioner today and we had a great talk and went to check out an offer she had to take over an office in the back of a ministry thrift store with some pretty amazing people. It's an interesting choice as she was in the navy and when she had her own clinic it was very pristine and medical so walking into this thrift store with all this cool stuff (owner likes to repaint furniture and has an incredible eye) wasn't what I was expecting. Since most of us with chronic stuff have struggled to be helped by medical that may be a good thing though to have it more friendly and less businesslike. I also file claims for my brother then volunteer as secretary for a local charity and at the food bank farm where I'm the main seed starter in the greenhouse. I love gardening, reading, concerts, and going to farmer's markets. I'm doing my best to stay as healthy as I can despite CRPS and spinal/nerve issues which is why I'm pursuing alternative options. I'm mostly eating low sugar/no gluten with primarily whole foods and do chair cardio, stretching, and strength training every day.

If you have any weigh-in questions I'm here to help! I log everyone's weights in the spreadsheet. Please try to weigh in on your weigh-in day. If you're away from home or don't have a scale let me know so we can decide how to handle it. We can copy the last weigh-in or make arrangements to weigh in on a different day but if you absolutely can't weigh in please tag me so I can alert the spreadsheet owner. If you'd like to change weigh-in days also let me know so we can move you. Thank you!

@Foxymoxie04 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, we're happy you're here! I agree with your assessment it IS important to keep in mind everyone is different. A friend of mine was getting real discouraged because everyone else was losing fast on here and she can't exercise like they do as she needs a wheelchair to get around and was comparing. We've been great “reality checks” for each other especially as we were both bedridden

@865jessica You're doing great and it's paying off, wtg!

@DrewsAnna love that meme, that's exactly how my day was too!

@lisalisa123 YES great pep talk thank you! I'm trying to make up my mind on what I'm focusing on for July and your enthusiasm is catchy!

@NanaB1835 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, tell us a bit about yourself in the July thread!

@trooworld Hope you've managed to have some fun at the conference, the drink and coffee sound yummy! Do you get any time off for 4th of July?

@TeresaW2024 Glad Maggie is doing well! I absolutely love your puzzle, do you ever glue them and hang it or do you put it back in the box? I wear tree of life earrings often.

@micaroo4 Oh no especially for long posts I do them on a word document and copy and paste at the end, I almost quit this group in the beginning because I kept losing all my posts and was so frustrated! Love the photos!

@19shmoo69 Aw that means the puppy needs lots of cuddling, you get over your fear and comfort him!

@lisalisa123 I love the meme, I did a challenge not to say anything negative a few years ago and you honestly don't realize how many excuses we come up with on a daily basis, it changed how I talk about myself.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! I'm glad you had some time to rest and catch your breath, I know you've been super busy Enjoy the farmer's market tomorrow!

@gemwolf110 Glad to see you back!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    Hi, I'm Lisa, and I live in FL. I'm married for a really long time and our two young adult children live here. We have a two year old mini poodle mix named Gus. I've struggled with weight since the freshman 15. I've been in this group for a couple of years now and appreciate the support it provides. I track my food here, I strength train with my husband. Normally I do step aerobics during the week and walk on the weekend, however, I have messed up my hip and am having pain. I decided to see the doctor this week and am now on an anti inflammatory and waiting to start PT. I need to lose 25 pounds. I've only lost 5 pounds this year. I'm going to have to do better the second half of this year.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - thank you for sharing your inspiring story with us. I'll be rooting for you as you try WW again.

@19shmoo69 - What a cute puppy! You must REALLY love your wife. What is your pups name?

@TeresaW2024 - I hope Maggie heals quickly. Poor baby!

tpf3cyb0dhez.jpg

@TeresaW2024 - Hope Maggie heals quickly. Poor baby!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    @Katmary71 I know this will sound bad but it is what it is, I'll have little to do with the dog. I'll keep an eye on food, water and such. I will help when asked.
    @Cornanda it's name is Mr. Darcy. My daughter said it was from Sense and Sensibility.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 255
    C. W. 255
  • trooworld
    @Digger61 @Cornanda @865jessica @tammymccrady6278 congrats on the losses!

@lislisa123 Thank you for the pep talk!

@NanaB1835 Welcome to the team!

@TeresaW2024 Sounds like Maggie is doing better, I'm so glad. Once the stitches start to heal and get itchy, you'll really need that collar so it's good you ordered a lighter one. That's good you are keeping an eye on her. Wow, that's a beautiful puzzle, well done!I can't even see the missing piece.

@19shmoo69 You are 1) totally hilarous not partially 2) very insightful. Aww, congrats on the new pup, I bet he/she wiggles their way into your heart soon!

@laurelfit57 It's so easy to do that with Pinterest! LOL No problem, here it is, the variation for dill pickle chicken salad is BELOW the recipe for the "Super Yummy Chicken Salad": https://pinchofyum.com/super-yummy-chicken-salad

@Katmary71 Thanks, not much fun but I got inspired so that's good! I do get the 4th off but I am also taking Tuesday and Friday off. The only "real" day I have to go into work is Weds! :D How are you?

@Cornanda I love me some Gus!!!

Hi all. The conference: I am getting a lot of good ideas for our library but my knee and lower body overall are suffering. I stayed at the convention until 5 yesterday. I walked a lot but not as much as when I go to Comic-Con, I walked 11,342 steps yesterday vs about 18-20,000 at Comic-Con. I was so tired when I got home, my husband wanted to go out and about and I really just wanted to go home. But we went to dinner. I have been taking Naproxen trying to build up some tolerance to walking. I honestly don't know how I will do two more days of this and then Comic-Con in a couple of weeks. It's a real incentive to keep going on my plan. I was so embarrassed at the convention during the sessions: I tried to pick seats that were on the outer edge but they were always full so I would have to squeeze in past people (and that alone was embarrassing) and they wouldn't move their feet so I would end up stepping on them. I had a really hard time. I honestly don't want to finish going to the conference because of the embarrassment of squeezing past people and the fatigue but I must continue. It also didn't help that my stomach was messed up yesterday. I took Gas-X and Pepto Bismol which helped for a while but then didn't. I hope today goes better.

No Zero Days: Tracked, drank 52.6 oz water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • 19shmoo69
    edited June 30
    @trooworld that's a bet. It's a boy dog by the way
This discussion has been closed.