Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Options

Replies

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

First off A big WELCOME to our newcomers! You are in a fabulous group.

I'm Sandy and I live in central Texas. I am married to my wonderful husband John for 28 yrs. We have 2 grown children with families of their own. I am a grandmother to 5 awesome grandsons. We have two fur babies in our home Tigger my hubby's cat and Diesel my dog. You will see me talk a lot bout Diesel as my life evolves around him.
    I have been a MFP member for a very long time. I joined this fantastic group back in Feb of '23 after going through a very hard 2 yrs depression of losing my mom and then my fur baby Sansa in the same week of Nov '21. Then my hubby was diagnosed with colon cancer Dec '21 and had a 3rd of his colon removed and went through chemo for 6 months. I really don't remember much of '22 as I was in such a daze from all it was not until after my hubby beat cancers butt that I was able to even start the grieving process.
    This yr has been the yr that I have taken on the new motto "Today, I Choose To Be HAPPY!" I wake up to this every morning at my coffee station. It is what sets my day. I do still have my moments of depression but in all it has been working.

Update on Diesel: He did eat yesterday for the first time at his trainers house. So hopefully I will start to see training videos this upcoming week. I am getting excited to see him.

My face is finally healed from the chemo for precancerous cells and I am ready to get outdoors again(Sunscreen of course). So tomorrow I will try to get up early enough to get out and get my walk in before it gets too hot. We are officially at the gates of Hell here in Texas with temps of near 100 or more for the rest of the summer.

John and I are going for a drive today so, I am going to run for now.

Weigh In Sunday: June 30
    SW 175
    PW 169
    CW 168.6
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm Kathy, I'm co-captain along with the incredible @trooworld and our supercalifragilisticexpialidocious motivator is @19shmoo69 . I'm 52 and live in the Sacramento area in CA with my two cats (and roommate). I joined this team at the start of 2019 and it's been a big part of my healthier life to have a community I can be myself in. I hope you all love it as much as I do. I was working at a functional medicine clinic in exchange for treatment that just closed, I met with my main practitioner today and we had a great talk and went to check out an offer she had to take over an office in the back of a ministry thrift store with some pretty amazing people. It's an interesting choice as she was in the navy and when she had her own clinic it was very pristine and medical so walking into this thrift store with all this cool stuff (owner likes to repaint furniture and has an incredible eye) wasn't what I was expecting. Since most of us with chronic stuff have struggled to be helped by medical that may be a good thing though to have it more friendly and less businesslike. I also file claims for my brother then volunteer as secretary for a local charity and at the food bank farm where I'm the main seed starter in the greenhouse. I love gardening, reading, concerts, and going to farmer's markets. I'm doing my best to stay as healthy as I can despite CRPS and spinal/nerve issues which is why I'm pursuing alternative options. I'm mostly eating low sugar/no gluten with primarily whole foods and do chair cardio, stretching, and strength training every day.

If you have any weigh-in questions I'm here to help! I log everyone's weights in the spreadsheet. Please try to weigh in on your weigh-in day. If you're away from home or don't have a scale let me know so we can decide how to handle it. We can copy the last weigh-in or make arrangements to weigh in on a different day but if you absolutely can't weigh in please tag me so I can alert the spreadsheet owner. If you'd like to change weigh-in days also let me know so we can move you. Thank you!

@Foxymoxie04 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, we're happy you're here! I agree with your assessment it IS important to keep in mind everyone is different. A friend of mine was getting real discouraged because everyone else was losing fast on here and she can't exercise like they do as she needs a wheelchair to get around and was comparing. We've been great “reality checks” for each other especially as we were both bedridden

@865jessica You're doing great and it's paying off, wtg!

@DrewsAnna love that meme, that's exactly how my day was too!

@lisalisa123 YES great pep talk thank you! I'm trying to make up my mind on what I'm focusing on for July and your enthusiasm is catchy!

@NanaB1835 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, tell us a bit about yourself in the July thread!

@trooworld Hope you've managed to have some fun at the conference, the drink and coffee sound yummy! Do you get any time off for 4th of July?

@TeresaW2024 Glad Maggie is doing well! I absolutely love your puzzle, do you ever glue them and hang it or do you put it back in the box? I wear tree of life earrings often.

@micaroo4 Oh no especially for long posts I do them on a word document and copy and paste at the end, I almost quit this group in the beginning because I kept losing all my posts and was so frustrated! Love the photos!

@19shmoo69 Aw that means the puppy needs lots of cuddling, you get over your fear and comfort him!

@lisalisa123 I love the meme, I did a challenge not to say anything negative a few years ago and you honestly don't realize how many excuses we come up with on a daily basis, it changed how I talk about myself.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! I'm glad you had some time to rest and catch your breath, I know you've been super busy Enjoy the farmer's market tomorrow!

@gemwolf110 Glad to see you back!

June was definitely a crazy month! This MBA class is kicking my butt
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm going to skip today’s weigh in. I’m away from my scale. Happy long weekend
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I got second place on the team! Woohoo! I've been waiting to get placed. lol.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    qmfmqzjf2djh.png
    q9lsp7vitncx.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    2we81g69syfl.png

By Pounds
    1jn9jbkfc64u.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    qvkprpu3gqu0.png

By Pounds
    h65mhbjwawjo.png
    wnbqeey5jgrc.png

Team Winners
    tchbndu255m3.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    vrrujpn4eier.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    yglcmcf9o8w2.png
    al7ujehhf14p.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    u0o889ss95fg.png

By Pounds
    94krpyubo48x.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    mgqwfmjeqach.png

By Pounds
    jol7uvudv29u.png
    hd3obyrlf6p5.png

Team Winners
    jitgjaewehph.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    t7csfyec3lkn.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,770 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I haven't received the July spreadsheet so if you're new you may not be in the below list but the following here's your reminder to weigh in tomorrow: @AmbersWay @bark2j5 @AustinRuadhain
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW TO THE FOLLOWING: @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @laurelfit57 @AyaTheTyga @rjv230

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,770 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO THE RESULTS ARE AWESOME, GO MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES THIS WAS A GREAT WEEK! Special shout out to @19shmoo69 @lisalisa123 @annachangesagain

@sleepygirl79 Got it and let Jugar know, thanks! Have a fun vacation!

@txcritter69 Great news Diesel is eating, I hope you get those videos soon! Enjoy your walk tomorrow!

@Cornanda Oh I love seeing Gus! Wow he's two already?!?!

@trooworld Oh that sounds like a perfect week just having one day especially after this conference. Hang in there it's almost over. Hugs I'm sorry you're having a tough time, frankly it sounds like some of those people deserve pancake toes I hate that!

Hi friends! I haven't received the spreadsheet so NO ONE is getting weigh ins logged today, I'm not going to be home tomorrow night so hopefully I'll get it in time to at least catch up on that tomorrow before I go out. I'm going to have my brother's cat here this week with mine, she's kind of a ball buster so I'm always a little worried about my guys plus a huge amount of people party around the corner and set off fireworks on the 4th so I'll have to be home at night as my cats are terrified. Really a weird place to do it, it's really annoying when it goes all night too. Not much else going on aside of cleaning, have a great night and awesome Monday!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Found in the Announcements thread:
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 144
    CW: 144.4

+.4

@laurelfit57 - you should be all set, but I wanted to make sure this was seen here as well!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 why did you a special shout out to me? I looked back at some posts and I didn't find anything special. I didn't even see my name in the results board. Granted, I cannot see those small letters on my phone.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    @trooworld thanks so much for the recipe! Oh my goodness, that convention sounds like a lot! I really don't get it when people can be so rude, it is just common courtesy to move your feet. My fingers are crossed for you tomorrow but it goes smoother than today

@Cornanda Gus is way too cute!!!!

@txcritter69 how is diesel making out?

@minstrelofsarcasm thanks for catching that!

I was super surprised that I only gained .4 pounds last week after all the eating out I did, it was a nice surprise!
    What a great day today, went to the farmers market got some fresh asparagus, strawberries, cherries spinach and tomatoes now I am all set for the week :-) :-). I was planning on going to the gym tomorrow and doing a spin class, then I found out it was going to be a different instructor, one that I don't like at all. She likes to swear and play really heavy music. I think I will go over and do some weights and I am going out to the farm to go for a walk with my cousin in the afternoon. I took my mom out for supper, I had steak bites and cauliflower that was Baked in the oven with a miso aïoli sauce. It was really good! Hope everybody had a great Sunday
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 144
    CW: 144.4

+.4
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,172 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to the WHOLE team for achieving 1st place by both percentage and pounds lost! And look at Darren @19shmoo69 leading the way with 1st place! Woo hoo! And congrats to @lisalisa123 @annachangesagain @AustinRuadhain for also making the leaderboard, way to go!!!

@19shmoo69 Ah, ok. Got it!

@txcritter69 I'm so glad Diesel ate. How much longer is he at the trainer's? That's great your face is healed. Oh gosh that is hot! Enjoy the walk and congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I sent you the link to the spreadsheet via email just now, in case you didn't get it yet. Yes! One day of work for the week is going to be great! Thank you so much...maybe they do! LOL I hope it goes okay with your brother's cat and the 4th. People set off fireworks around here, too, and it scares our dogs. Are you feeling any better today?

@laurelfit57 You are welcome, I haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy! Oh yeah the convention, it is a lot lol. I don't get it either! That's great that you didn't have a large gain. Sometimes the scale surprises us! I love going to the farmer's market. That's good you have a plan for the gym. Mmmm that dinner sounds amazing!

Hi all. I did a little better yesterday, probably because we walked fewer steps (only 6,324 steps yesterday vs 11,342 on Saturday). By flukes, I was able to get to all of my sessions early enough that I could sit in an aisle seat so no toes were stepped on yesterday! Today, no promises. Today is the last day of the conference (thankfully). It's going to be a long day. I've been tracking what I eat but I am not eating well. I think today, I will have some sort of a salad at lunch.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 I’m glad Diesel finally ate. He is adjusting, and I’m sure he will start making progress. I so admire people willing to walk in the heat. I’m willing to open my door and pick up my Amazon orders. :D

@Katmary71 Ugh, a visiting cat and fireworks don’t sound like a good evening at all. I heard my first fireworks last evening, and so did Maggie. It’s going to be a long week!! :#

@lauralfit57 All that fresh produce sounds wonderful! We have a farmers market here but I’ve never been. It’s on the other side of town and early. Maybe one day. That dinner sounds delish! :)

@trooworld I'm sorry that the conference isn't going so well for you. I know how uncomfortable it is to try to squeeze past people to get to a seat. At least all those steps are good for you. :/

Good morning! Not much going on here other than watching Maggie like a hawk so she doesn’t mess with her leg. We didn’t even go to church because she hates the cone! This picture is of the newest one, and it’s too small and going back. I ordered a fabric sleeve for the leg and will try it when it arrives. We just have to survive one more week until the staples come out. She tried to jump on the couch last night, so the struggle to break that habit began. I’m home today and will do a leg workout and work on my Dilgent Mind program. This week, our challenge is no complaining. Yikes!! Also, one 24-hour fast that I will probably do after dinner tonight and not eat until tomorrow. I can do it! :)

w41o12gtpkx7.png

• trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Thank you! Poor little Maggie. I wouldn't like the cone either! She must be feeling better to want to jump on the couch. No complaining, how do you do that? LOL You got this!

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    @lislisa123 @annachangesagain Congrats on being 4 weeks in the green for June, not an easy feat!

@lislisa123 Congrats on 50 lbs down!
    wf7611j6jl5e.png

@laurelfit57 Congrats on 30 lbs down!
    oxoh7g726m3s.png

@megnolia82 Congrats on 20 lbs down!
    hnnmanlp6ter.png
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    🪅CONGRATULATIONS🪅 to @19shmoo69 @lislisa123 @annachangesagain for being the leaderboard winners for this week.

@TeresaW2024 Poor Maggie, I hope she has a speedy recovery. Yes you can do it. I am on the sideline cheering for you. 🎉😜

I just sent a text to Kelley to see how Diesel is doing I will post an update tomorrow as I am going to cut this real short so I can make it out to walk before the sun gets heated up.🫠
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82 weigh in June 30th

SW: 228
    PW:
    CW: 209.4

Sigh. Back to work!
  • annachangesagain
    annachangesagain Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you so much for all the encouragement . Being in this team made a big difference for me ti stay motivated the whole month. After being on and off for the past 2 years. I am on vacation this week I am sure I wont have a loss this week but I will try my best to mindful and come back motivated
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks for the shoutouts! Nice to be in one of the top places for the team and in the green.