Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    edited July 4
    wbiw4oztowig.jpeg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @txcritter69 That's great you were able to clean the game/storage room. I bet that made you feel a lot better. Awww, dear Diesel looks like he's doing very well in training. Was he previously reactive when someone came to the door? We have that problem with our dogs. I'm glad you got to see him in action.

@lislisa123 Congrats on resisting that pizza. You are strong to be able to sniff it and not get any!

@vegan4lyfe2012 It's awesome lol. I put it on my water bottle. Oh yeah, we enjoyed it despite all the people! Thanks. You would have enjoyed the wrap, I think it was vegan. Good job with your food choices. I hope your ankle can hold out and you can enjoy the celebration. LOL Byron!

@Katmary71 Oh that's good to know. Thanks. Yeah that garden is gorgeous. It was perfect. I love your taste in music, that is a perfect song to walk out to and cool video! Are the allergy shots helping yet? I hope you enjoyed the Chinese food yum.

@19shmoo69 Enjoy your break! If nobody volunteers, I can do it.

@DrewsAnna I hope you like your new windows.

A Day before Thursday Ice Breaker Question: If you were an athlete, what would you choose as your walkout song? I would definitely choose "I'm Bad" by LL Cool J. When I dressed up for Halloween last year as DJ Dewey Decimal, I played that song when I walked into a room lol. I love it and I feel tough when I hear it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDfyc2lh4Q

Hi all. Happy 4th of July to the Americans in the group! I don't have plans today, it's going to be a chill day. I will probably go for a walk somewhere but maybe not because there is a heatwave coming in today. We are grilling today, we are having BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs (https://damndelicious.net/2018/07/03/bbq-pineapple-chicken-kabobs/ ) and one of our favorite recipes, Avocado and Lump Crab Salad (https://www.skinnytaste.com/avocado-and-crab-salad/ ). I hope you have a great day!

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

f6iimwn6y31h.jpeg
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 234 Member
    edited July 4

@trooworld The meditation garden is gorgeous! You truly live in such a beautiful place. :)

@txcritter69 It’s always nice to get a room clean and organized. Diesel looks great! :)

@lislisa123 Great job in resisting that pizza! I love that graphic! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope you have a wonderful 4th and enjoy the fireworks. :)

@Katmary71 Yikes, waiting four hours is awful, but at least you found something useful. I hope you enjoyed your Chinese food and time with your neighbor. Wow, that song you posted is wild. I can totally see that being a good weightlifting song. :smiley:

Good morning! Well, I only lasted 20 hours yesterday. I was going to push through, but my pastor came over yesterday to fill out paperwork concerning our property taxes. He was here for two hours, so I’m glad I decided to eat before he came, or my stomach would be growling. :D We had my four-year-old great-niece stay the night, and that was fun. Here is a picture of Maggie in her little leg sleeve that I call her scrubs. Please ignore how scruffy she is looking. I did trim around her eyes, or she would look even worse. :D

A Day before Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    If you were an athlete, what would you choose as your walkout song?

Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor of course! B)

wrh703eeb0jd.jpg

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    @19shmoo69 - I volunteer to do the Ice Breaker Question for next Thursday.

I keep thinking that today is Saturday. Holidays get me all mixed up.

-Mica
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    Fourth of July is going to be tough to get through. We are having burgers tonight. All I can think is salt/water retention and I weigh in tomorrow. 😨 Anyway, if anyone needs an incentive to not overeat today here it is:

THIS IS WHAT ONE POUND OF FAT LOOKS LIKE

ogmv3f632mmv.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    micaroo4 wrote: »

-Mica

Thanks @micaroo4 I do appreciate it. @trooworld I'm tagging you so you doubly know.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 360 Member
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh In Wednesday
    PW 162
    CW 163.3

0ik5g3op8hcv.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,938 Member
    micaroo4 wrote: »

-Mica

Thank you @Micaroo4 !
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS NEEDED NOW:
    @laurelfit57 @AyaTheTyga @bark2j5
    Reminder to Weigh In tomorrow to the following: @Cornanda @davors19 @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroelich @Karo7428 FoxyMoxie04 @bethanie0825
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 305 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 270
    CW: 267
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    @TeresaW2024 - Maggie's scrubs are so cute

Last night was rough with lots of neighborhood fireworks. Gus did not like it. My husband left early this am to go visit his Mom- he's flying. He needed to be up at 5 and we were both awake long before that and I stayed up late with the dog so that DH could sleep, but he didn't. Long day at work ahead. Long day of travel ahead for him. I just hope that there will not be fireworks all weekend.

Zzzzzzz

I went out to dinner with a friend on Monday and my weight has been ridiculously up all week. :(

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 175.7
    CW: 178.5

:(
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Yes, it is! Thank you! 20 hours is amazing. Good job! Awww, how's Maggie doing with her scrubs? She is so cute. Love Eye of the Tiger!

@micaroo4 Thank you for doing the ice breaker question next Thursday. :) Thanks, @19shmoo69 for the tag. Enjoy your "time off" lol.

@davors19 Good job!

@Cornanda Yeah they started setting them off here before it was even dark. We shut the windows and eventually went into the bedroom in the AC. I'm sorry Gus also had a hard time. People...the worst! lol I hope the fireworks won't go all weekend but here, they probably will. Sorry about being up.

Hi all. Hot hot hot lol. Yesterday, we went for breakfast and then I didn't eat until dinner. I did not cook anything but my husband made the avocado and crab salad, which was delicious. We didn't do too much, we did go to Macy's. Other than that, just hung around the house. Today, I'm going to the county fair with a friend. It's supposed to be the hottest day of the week today. I'll be sure to wear a hat and sunscreen. I doubt I'll get any food at the fair, if I do, it will probably be this pineapple stuffed with shrimp or chicken. It's on the healthier side and something I really enjoy.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Good moring,

@trooworld Yes, Diesel was very reactive when he heard a knock or if he heard the door open, if you even said hello or hi he would lose his mind. He has a problem with what they call resource guarding (which is me). He was getting very over protective of me, John could not even touch me without getting a negative reaction out of Diesel. Diesel's biggest problem is self confidence.
    That garden is awesome. I wish we had places like that around here. I live in a boring place. LOL

@lislisa123 You are my hero, what strength you had with that pizza.

@TeresaW2024 Great job on lasting 20 hrs. Maggie looks so cute in her scrubs.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Independence Day. We did not do anything. We are having a BBQ tomorrow. We have 3 family members that had a Birthday on the 2nd 3rd and 4th plus a couple we are friends with also have Birthdays on June 30 and July 7. So, we are going to celebrate everything tomorrow. John will be up all night cooking brisket.

Diesel is doing better and here is the latest video for your enjoyment.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/VYFb98Hz2os?si=-EYHF3CNGmA1_QYH

Have a great day!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Weigh-Day
    bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 266.2
    CW - 266.2

I'm not even mad because my stable weight means I'm hydrated. I worked outside pushing carts Wednesday and Thursday; yesterday's air temp was 100F when I left work and the heat index was 110F.

No fireworks celebrations for me bc I had to be up at 415am this morning for my 911 job. I did hear them though lol. Luckily no one close to us used them so I slept well.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy. Unfortunately what I thought was a bladder infection causing me lower ab pain, was actually a large fibroid. Due to my age and PCOS, the Dr recommended the hysterectomy. I could've just had the fibroid removed but he said that would almost certainly come back.
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    Username: Lislisa123
    Weigh-in day: Fridays
    PW: 319.2lbs
    CW: 318.8lbs
  • FoxyMoxie04
    FoxyMoxie04 Posts: 6 Member
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 148 lbs
    Current Weight: 148 lbs

I managed to end up exactly the same on the scale this morning.
    My downfall this week (with the 4th and all) was celebratory food.
    I'm hoping to do better next week and actually see a smaller number!

How do you guys manage your late-night food cravings? I find that those especially give me trouble.

• Katmary71
    edited July 5
This discussion has been closed.