Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88 We are missing your steps for Sat the 6th. :smile:

Sorry, I have no clue, zero I guess 🤷‍♀️

Can't you look at your watch's tracker history @daffygirl88 ??
    Jessica

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 2,052 Member
    edited July 12
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @Krysless2 Would you like to be excused for your weigh in this past Monday?
    My weigh in for Sunday this week was 167
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    My steps
    7/8 14,036
    7/9 15,500
    7/10 15,549
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,416 Member
    Steps
    7/10 3,435
    7/11 5,744
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 217 Member
    pedal__power
    PW 210
    CW 212

I was back at my desk job this week and less active than my week off last week as well as snacking more. It's so tough! I really need to get back to tracking my nutrition to be more aware of what I'm eating.
    Have a good weekend, all.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,916 Member
    Hello Shape Shifters! I haven't been around here much, sorry about that. Last weekend I had to do a lot of cleaning to get ready for my mom's visit. On Sunday my dad came to pick me up, then we got some shopping, drove to his home and then I drove back home alone so I had the car. On Monday morning I went for a walk on my own before my mom showed up and then in the afternoon went for a second walk with my mom. Since we had the car, we could go to some new spots a little further from my home which was nice. I ended up with 26k steps on Monday, oof!
    Tuesday morning we planned to start at a teahouse in the forest. When we arrived there, I realised I forgot my bug spray. We decided not to go back home for it. Literally 15 steps later, my mom said "oh, this is much worse, I forgot my camera!". So we ended up going back home after all. It was 15 minutes driving, so not the worst, but it was a little annoying. It got pretty hot that day as well so being able to walk an hour earlier would have been very welcome! After our walk we made a quick stop at the grocery store to prepare for Wednesday. I was starting to feel pretty sick at this point, but I still had a doctors appointment at 14:40 and I had to pick up medication for Tinus as well. When I got home from that, I went to bed for a while because I was getting a migraine. Thankfully the nap helped. My mom went for another walk alone in the evening; I had no energy and didn't want to risk my headache coming back. It was also disgustingly humid and we got a lot of rain at thunder at night which made sleeping a little challenging.
    Wednesday morning our alarms went off at 5:20. We had reserved a bird photography hut and had a 45 minute drive first. After packing all our snacks and water, we headed out and we arrived at the hut around 6:50. We were here before for my birthday in 2022 and I recently read that the guy running it was going to make a carreer switch so this was the last chance we had to go here since he stops running it after summer. We stayed there taking pictures until 13:15 and then went home again. We didn't really see anything special sadly, but we still had a good time. As you can imagine, sitting in the hut most of the day and then the car, our steps were really bad. I think I had less than 5k when we got home. So in the evening we went for a short walk in the forest and after that we played a lot of Rummikub until it was time for bed.
    On Thursday morning we had to get the car back to my dad, so another 1h 15m drive for me. We walked around a bit at the eco village and my dad showed us the stuff they were working on. They also had a huge plum tree that gave them so much fruit they couldn't eat them fast enough so we all ate some. They were small yellow ones and they were very tasty. Usually my dad drives us back home and then my mom's partner will pick my mom up at my place, which means my dad has to drive 2.5 hours. This time my mom's partner picked us up at the eco village so my dad didn't have to go anywhere which was nice for him. It was a sunny morning and we walked in the open a lot so I didn't feel very good. I had pills with me that I took at my dad's place, but they didn't really help much. It was a miserable ride home with a bad headache and naussea. Once I was home alone again, it got a little better thankfully and the rest of my day was pretty lazy. Because we walked around the eco village, my steps were alright so I didn't have to do much to hit my goal.
    Today started lazy as well. I was up late after sleeping 9.5 hours and then it rained all day. I decided to start a walk at home workout until I hit my 12k steps which was after 60 minutes (I had 5k when I started or something) of this video. It was a huge sweatfest, but it felt pretty quick and it is more fun than just mindlessly stepping in the livingroom. I figured I would write this post while drying up, so I am gonna hop in the shower now! Pictures under the spoiler. Have a good day everyone <3
    Mondays walk
    u61rs1qe4p2s.jpg
    fesic869cxuu.jpg
    cfqm48rdyej2.jpg
    oagxs6s90b1l.jpg
    7w3rk0clxyy9.jpg
    ozpiz3ffcko0.jpg
    e600u7u80fpa.jpg
    Tuesdays walk
    0fah96tlc5xa.jpg
    jv6e6d9x5tmi.jpg
    yaxkxns1cifc.jpg
    And some birds from Wednesday
    sppjwu4r9wd5.jpg
    67ejpxy2pp42.jpg
    9rcgktxgs6cg.jpg
    oe2fcxuphhc9.jpg
    hhr9xjjdsuo1.jpg
    pov1o1o9ye32.jpg
    tfr6qm5gdv1z.jpg
    dj8b8pby608k.jpg
    pnb35la4ql0o.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Here is a card again!
    We all experience fear. It is a natural human emotion. We are good at coming up with the "what-if" scenarios that scare us and stop us reaching our full potential. But it is never too late to step out of your comfort zone and fight fear. By acknowledging and accepting the risk of failure every time you pursue your goals and dreams, the power of fear dissipates. Once you change your perspective, you'll be amazed at what you can achieve.

2dgwu7k00924.jpg
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,861 Member
    7/9-12,762
    7/10-9,787
    7/11-5,520
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 233 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 188.2
    CW: 187
    LTD: 20 lbs

A hurricane hit Houston this week, which caused us to lose power and cell service from early Monday until yesterday morning. Luckily we were able to stay with friends after our portable ac unit was delayed in transit, and our portable generator couldn't handle a window ac unit.

My mom was also a little worried since she just moved down a couple weeks ago and hasn't dealt with a hurricane, but her area only lost power for an hour. She's near a fire station and hospital so that probably helped.

I haven't lifted weights in a month due to everything going on, so the weight loss is likely stress plus lack of muscle growth. I'll get back into it today, but still targeting a goal weight of 180 lbs.
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 128 Member
    ganival
    friday

pw 180.2
    cw 180.4

Almost 5 full weeks of tracking and eating well. scale doesn't much show it this week but i'm also continuing to exercise lots and yesterday hit the gym for a killer lower body workout so i'm pretty sore today. i know my weight can go up after strength training. overall i see some changes in how i look and feel, my bike shorts aren't skin tight and even have some wrinkles!

congrats to those who have also had a good week. i see some are struggling so hope you find motivation and support within the group. you can do this!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Tomsgal1985
    Weekly Post
    Weigh In Day: Saturday (no scale tomorrow)
    Highest weight: 239.8
    PW (Previous Weight): 229.0
    CW (Current Weight): 228.8
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Friday steps
  • Pupowl
    @alleykat69 Congrats, awesome job!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 593 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 229
    CW 229.2
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 593 Member
    @bearchested
    That sounds so stressful. I’m glad to hear you are back home with power. We don’t have hurricanes where I live, were you prepared before hand? I hope your house is ok and you didn’t loose any temperature sensitive food items.
  • Pupowl
    edited July 13
    Hello Shape Shifters. Not much going on here today. It was raining a lot again and it was never dry for longer than 10 minutes at a time. I thought I picked a good moment to bike into town to pick up a package, but ended up thoroughly soaked instead so that was fun. I did a bunch of laundry and stepped in the living room to music to get to my goal.
    A while back, Tinus ended up peeing in front of the litterbox again so I decided to try a new one. This is a big box with an opening at the top. I haven't switched them out yet because I want him to get more comfortable going in and out of it first so I am trying to bribe/teach him with treats. So far with mixed results, lol. It's okay, I will give it some time.
    I have also been reading 'Brain over binge' which I have been really enjoying. I think once I finish it I will also order the guide book for some more practical help. The book makes a lot of sense to me and I agree with her on most things. Hopefully it will also make a difference in my life, but it is too soon to say. I will keep you updated. Have a good day everyone <3
    plob8eeyqu2v.jpg
    bqarmrmd8ywm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.