Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,280 Member
    This photograph is proof...
    84ekzgua8pvj.jpg

B)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    @lauren_989 well done on the cake! stopping is hard, but you get awesome bragging rights and no regrets. :heart:

@ashleycarole86 you and Brad getting back on the bike! That's how to Tuesday!

I got back on the Jasper today and had an excellent workout with him. We were in the BIG arena, so big movement in balance was the theme of the day. He is doing so much better at using power without rushing. It feels a lot better to ride too! But I still sweat more than he does... Danged youngsters
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    quick check-in. A very successful day for eating over here, and the whole day started with getting in the pool for 25 laps at 6:12am. I also did my usual tuesday dance cardio workout with my girlfriends over zoom. Ready to wash up for bed. plenty going on this week, and it's getting expensive - I bought a dress for a wedding, booked my November vacation, trying to book the flights now, bought myself a concert ticket for this Saturday, and had 2 amazon orders coming in this week which is pretty unusual for me.

@ashleycarole86 love the pic!! way to go
  • ashleycarole86
    @Kali225 you knocked so many big things off! Which concert? Hope all went well securing your flights.. your first all inclusive will be something great to look forward to

@jugar The Jasper.. LOL

@EvMakesChanges waiting with anticipation about this move announcement!

Today's lunch time activity is volunteering at our local homeless shelter for work.. should get some steps that way. And tonight I'll be taking my dog out.. believe it's going to be a stepping day! My butt needs a rest.. it doesn't have the same tolerance to that seat right now.. LOL. Gotta build it back up.
  • ashleycarole86
    @lauren_989 with a couple people on passes and such for the last week of August, it was just you and I who reported a full week of steps

Congrats on meeting your target five days in that last week. I missed my target every day.. d'oh! But some days were just by a few hundred...

Overall you had 271,177 steps for the month of August and I had 238,019. Your target at 7k/day was 217,000 m3 so you blew your goal out of the water. Truly phenomenal!

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,395 Member
    PW: 161
    CW: 160.4

I am such a turtle for weight loss - then I gain a pound overnight and it takes me 3 weeks to lose it :s

Anyway - yesterday was our last training day before our last race this weekend. Lots of hills - this one will be brutal!!

BodyPump them BodyBalance today - think I'm sticking with upper body - legs are still shakey :D

I loved my Peleton but it got destroyed in the move a couple years back and I wasn't willing to pay what they wanted to fix it - could have almost bought a new one! That's why I moved to LesMills - I get everything I want with it...

I have some catching up to do - I hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday!!!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    @ashleycarole86 - France?! That's awesome! I hope you have so much fun (and share pictures with us when you get back).

@gidgitgoescrzy - Happy (belated) birthday! I hope it was a wonderful day.

@lauren_989 - I'm a couple of days late to the party, but I will start working on the ab challenge. I had a bit of a core workout at CrossFit yesterday which made me realize how much I need to continue working on my core.

I've had a hectic last week. On Thursday I was sick. I had zero energy, and I mean zero. This more or lasted through Sunday. I was able to play pickleball, but it was 45 minutes instead of three hours worth. I did go grocery shopping on Friday afternoon, but that wore me out. I also did a memorial dart night to celebrate the life of one of the guys in our dart league, but that wiped me out for all of Sunday. Finally, Monday I felt like I had some energy. I played pickleball, went out to lunch, and then over to my sister's house. She convinced me to adopt a puppy that my niece found abandoned on the side of the road. I'll pick him up this weekend.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @MaddawgMadsen I'm glad you are starting to feel better! And a new puppy! Post a picture!

@Kali225 great job meeting your swimming and food goals!

@ashleycarole86 @bowens1973 great picture and excellent job getting on the bike :)

Today was a great day. I met my calorie goal, walked on lunch, and went to bodypump tonight. I can't believe it's already about 9pm as I feel like this evening flew by! I am tired though, so will probably head to bed shortly.
  • Kali225
    @MaddawgMadsen you got a lot of movement in for not feeling well!! And a new puppy, how sweet and exciting!! keep feeling better

@ashleycarole86 I am seeing Kacey Musgraves! I am actually going alone, which I've never done before for a concert but none of my friends could go, and I freaking loved the new album this year so I'm just refusing to miss it when the venue is 30 min from my apartment by train.

@lauren_989 ha, I was confused by your post until I realized it is 9:10pm.... wow, this week is flying. great job on your great day!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 281 Member
    PW 145.8
    CW 143.8

I was hoping for a little better since I know it was all sick weight, but I'll take it.

I'm still not great with food, as my tummy seems to love carbs right now.

I rowed for 20 min last night and I upped my resistance to 4. Tonight is a 20 min video, then pilates.

It's also the start of favorite time of year... Football season, Go RAVENS !

Have a great day !

• bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 192 Member
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 246.8
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,395 Member
    @ashleycarole86 Do you like it at pine lake??
  • MaddawgMadsen
    PW: 182.4
    CW: 181.2

@Kali225 - If I lived near you, I would 100% go to that concert with you! It's bound to be a great concert!

@lauren_989 - Great job on the great day!

Since today is one of the greatest days of the year with the NFL football season officially starting, I want to know who your favorite team is, college or professional, if you have one.

I am a fan of both the Packers and Seahawks (Packers #1, Seahawks close #2) for professional football and the Oregon Ducks for college. I grew up in Oregon, hence the love for the Ducks and the Seahawks, but chose the Packers as a kid to be my favorite team because they were green and gold (my hometown colors) and got to wear cheese on their heads.

Lastly, here is a puppy pic. I think we're going to name him Kilo. 5yjekp1vct1j.jpg
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good morning, I am Darren the motivator from Team Mission Slimpossible. I just wanted to stop in and say you all are super duper awesome and I am encouraged by all of you. Have a blessed day!!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 281 Member
    @maddawgmadsen He is super cute, 1st thing that came to mind when I saw him was Scrappy Doo.

As for football I am Ravens fan 100% , although I grew up in Redskins territory, so they are okay.

I am not a fan of your Seahawks though, simply because they stole our DC, but I do think he will be a successful head coach.
  • Kali225
    Happy almost-Friday team!

Had a somewhat long day at work but glad it is done now and heading into a virtual workout with my friend. It's the 12th anniversary of Yoga With Adriene on YT today so I am going to do one of my favorite videos of hers in honor!

@MaddawgMadsen I wish you were here to go with me!! haha but I will have fun regardless. and YESSSSSSSSS football is back in exactly 1 hour from when I type this. As you know, also a Packers fan here! Grew up in NY so my family is mostly NY-team-fans for major sports (Islanders, Nets, Mets, Jets) but football is where a bunch of us split off to find our own teams. I am in two fantasy football leagues this year which is going to be overwhelming but I am so excited for football, and fall, and Sunday cooking with the game on.... YAY
    and omg Jolene that doggo!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Kilo.

@ashleycarole86 way to be committed to that step goal! I am jealous!

@Gidgitgoescrzy I have the Ravens defense on my one of my fantasy teams so I hope they hold the Chiefs to.... 0 points :D
  • jugar
    Well - tomorrow is weigh-in and I'm not feeling too confident :grimace: Yesterday was a eat all the things kind of day, but today has been better. We'll see! I have been on my feet a lot today, with all kinds of running around - and tomorrow I have my first meeting/rehearsal with a new quartet I have been putting together. Can't wait!

Not a football fan, except when I'm visiting my stepmom who puts the "atic" in fan!! I have sort of learned enough about the game to enjoy it, but only with her. She's a Patriots person, but I decided for no reason at all that I like the Eagles.
  • lauren_989
    @MaddawgMadsen omg! Kilo is adorable! And I love the name!

@Kali225 great job getting your exercise in with your friend!

@19shmoo69 Thank you for stopping by! You are doing an excellent job as well! You've been on the leader board quite a bit! :)

I went to a 25 minute HIIT class today and about died. The other HIIT class I did had a bunch of exercises back to back, but you had a break inbetween sets. This was 30 seconds of exercise, 15 seconds of rest on repeat for 25 minutes! Boy did I work up a sweat!
  • Kali225
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 255.1
    CW: 253.9

I think this is my lowest since April 12th... winding back the clock slowly here. I wrote in my journal last night how sock I am of seeing the 250s on the scale. Maybe my goal for the rest of the year should just be to get out of this freakin decade, for good!!!

I finally reached my goal of 30 laps in the pool - took me 26 min which is good to know for days when I commute in. Still working on waking up efficiently. Does anyone have any good tricks for those of us plagued to sleep through alarms?

TGIF!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    @Kali225 - I put my alarm across the room so I have to get out of bed and make a conscious decision to turn it off. It doesn't always work, but it helps. Way to go on getting 30 laps in the pool! I am not a swimmer of any kind so that sounds hard and impressive! Lastly, getting out of the 250 decade before the end of the year sounds completely doable. I know you can do it!

One year ago, I was almost 10 pounds lighter than I am now. It's a little disheartening, but I know I did it to myself. Why must beer be so tasty? My goal is to get back into the low-mid 170s before the end of the year.
  • jugar
    EEEEEK. 117.8 today

Amazing how much a day of iffy eating can boot things upwards....
  • lauren_989
    I hope everyone had a great day today! It was busy at work and I am so glad it's the weekend!!!

@Kali225 I also will put my phone/alarm across the room. It definitely makes me get up and most of the time I won't lay back down. I'm also one who sets 4 alarms just in case....

We have some overdue weigh-ins from ealier this week:

@cleaneater80
    @Neon_hippie
    @EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,602 Member
    Good morning!

PW: 191.8 lbs
    CW: 191.2 lbs

Apologies for the late post; yesterday was a busy day. A short week of work really felt like the longest week for me 😅

A great week of workouts - Wednesday was my rest day, and I did strength workouts on the other days of the week. I have my spin class this morning followed by cooking club in the evening. The theme is breakfast for dinner, and a lot of people are making pastries. I think I may bring a Tupperware container to take things home because I doubt I will be able to eat something by everyone.

Then tomorrow I have my yoga class and a day of cleaning and reading.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    The September Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Sep 8th. Please join us for The Rainbow Challenge as we work on our nutrition for the week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10923342/september-week-2-group-challenge-the-rainbow-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
This discussion has been closed.