WaistAways Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    I know the results aren't posted yet but wanted to give a shoutout to @Lyss983 who came in 3rd overall this week!! 🎉

Also celebrating @jugar and @zankash23 for being on the leaderboard for our team.

Plus we had 55% of our team in green!! 🎉🎉 Keep those losses coming!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    b4ay0pe8djs1.png
    wfyl84wh9ejr.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    4ae6z7z246bk.png

By Pounds
    brh9biogjn2u.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    rup9wrf34o9c.png

By Pounds
    v50m625zuq49.png
    vvtpf1woaggx.png

Team Winners
    ic1d5u4thpgy.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    8cjllqri5gf7.png
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    Hi team!

@lauren_989 awesome that you got a bike!! And the soreness from using muscles in an activity you havent done in a good while, I think, feels kind of nice! It's a little jolt

@ashleycarole86 [and Brad] enjoy France!!! Hope you'll share some pics.

I had a long Sunday, but it started with a beautiful kayak session (and had a great one yesterday). I took a train from Boston to NYC for a work event tomorrow, so that was about 4.5 hrs seated with somewhat spotty wifi. I leave tomorrow evening and I hope I sleep some on the train lol. I had dinner with friends and now I am snuggled in my hotel room (king bed, feels like an island to me!), watching the football game. I don't know what eating will look like tomorrow, the event will include a catered lunch and I will look to get a nice helping of salad. Dinner tonight was pizza so that didn't feel so healthy but it was tasty. Night night
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 148 Member
    Happy Monday Waistaways :smile:

CW 239,4 lbs

I am sorry I havent been in touch much!

I have had the craziest weekend at work! Really busy: 200 customers breakfast, lunch and dinner for 4 days! But what was the most crazy that they were British Naturists :blush:
    The first couple of hours were a bit of a shock, I am not gonna lie :blush: but after that it became normal. They were men and women after 50 year olds. I actually admire them for their confidence of taking clothes off and walking around naked :wink:
    That group was the nicest and most polite group of customers we've had in a loooong time :smile:

This week at work is failrly quiet for me. Weekend very busy.
    With my boys back at Uni - there will be new routine shaping up :neutral:

Have a lovely day everyone!

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 281 Member
    Happy Monday

@Ashleycarole86 I hope you have an amazing vacation!

@strong_fit_ells that is so funny, I bet it was a shock, I wouldn't know how to act. lol - but I do wish I had that kind of confidence, not that I would use it, but it would be nice to have it.

I had a good weekend, not much going on, I do need to find a new temporary football team, cause mine just plain sucks, so I am thinking I will be rooting for the Chargers, as they have a few previous Ravens players.

I prepped my lunches for the week, I am having Chicken Enchilada soup, since it is supposed to be rainy and cooler.

Have a wonderful Monday !
  • strong_fit_ells
    @ashleycarole86 Steps for Sunday 8th September 8,615 and the rest of the week 😊

ntdofx6hfddy.jpg
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 52 Member
    Current Weight: 162.4 lbs

Happy Monday! Going to be reducing my calorie deficit for this week and next week to make sure my willpower is still here! Not going full maintenance, but giving myself a bit more wiggle room. Hope everyone's doing well :smile:
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    I went to a wedding on Saturday and at some point my husband offered me a glass of beer from the keg. He said it was a light beer. Usually, I can have two or three light beers without having too much gluten as the clarifying agent in light beers kills most of the gluten proteins. Well, after having two beers I started to really not feel well and asked him to double check what kind of beer it was. It was a wheat beer, not a light beer. :s Yesterday was miserable. Gluten causes the obvious digestive issues, but it can sometimes give me migraines and other times it causes inflammation in all of my joints. The joint inflammation is what happened yesterday and it was the worst in my bad hip. I dislocated my left hip when I was 15 and then hyperextended it when I was 28. It hurt more yesterday than either of those times. At least I didn't have any plans yesterday and got my dogs to all cuddle with me.
  • lauren_989
    @MaddawgMadsen oh no! I hope you feel better soon after having the wheat beer!

@strong_fit_ells nice steps last week! Don't forget to report this week for the group challenge :) That must have been interesting seeing naturalists! I'm surprised they unclothed in the hotel!

@Gidgitgoescrzy that soup sounds good! Did you make it from scratch?

@Kali225 NY pizza!! Yummy!!

It has been chilly, rainy, and windy here today. I did get out for 1 lap on lunch (instead of 2 I hope to do) before it started to rain again. I also was able to leave about 15 minutes early and walked on the indoor track at the gym before body pump class. I started to get a migraine tonight and took some medicine, but my stomach is a bit off. Hopefully it will settle down soon.

We are also going to Myrtle Beach tomorrow! I work 1/2 day and then we will go after lunch. Hoping for some good beach weather!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,280 Member
    Week 2 step report

Top steppers
    #1 @lauren_989 95,200 steps
    #2 @strong_fit_ells 94,918 steps
    #3 @zankash23 59,023 steps
    Such a close race there between you two ladies on the top! Nice

Consistency awards
    #1 @lauren_989 7 of 7 days meeting pledge
    #3 @zankash23 6 of 7 days meeting pledge
    #3 @strong_fit_ells 5 of 7 days meeting pledge

Ok, @jugar I now pass the recording baton to you until I'm back!! Thanks again

I have recorded my Sep 15 steps (9199) on the spreadsheet already but for everything today onwards I'll post but won't be able to update in the spreadsheet myself.

Back in the morning to weigh in early and then we'll be off after work! Off to go finish getting ready. Thanks for all the well wishes!! Looking forward to it

@lauren_989 so so cool about the bike.. it will take some getting used to but it's a fun option for something different! Awesome news
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    @lauren_989 Not exactly from scratch but it's not a premade soup, I cook 2 chicken breasts in the crock pot with chicken broth, then chop up onion, red pepper and celery, add a box of chicken broth, 2 cans of enchilada sauce, 2 cans of hominy, and some spices (I normally add jalapenos, but not this time). It's very filling.

I can not get my head back in this game, ugh... I guess I need to shoot for that one perfect day !
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,280 Member
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in (weighing in early due to travel)

PW 263.6
    CW 263.8
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    OK steppers! I'm recording your numbers while @ashleycarole86 is away - no need to tag, though - I'll see them and then hit the "Insightful" reaction so that you know I have put them onto the spreadsheet. I'll add my steps for the week too, since I'm in the partner challenge and counting them anyhow.

Get those steps!
  • jugar
    @lauren_989 Myrtle Beach is looking great - as are you! My mom and step-dad used to have a place in Myrtle Beach and I have lovely memories of swimming and walking there. Enjoy!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    @lauren_989 I'm jealous, have a fabulous time.

Well yesterday wasn't my perfect day, but I did get a walk in, so it's getting closer. :wink:

• strong_fit_ells
    Steps for the week so far

Sunday 9,339
    Monday 13,978
    Tuesday

Happy Wednesday all 🥰
  • jugar
    @strong_fit_ells impressive steps as always! I thought I was doing great today, but you are striding out way ahead of me :smiley:

I spent the early part of the day doing the entire tour of my horse's pasture chopping down burdock plants. I know they are famously the inspiration for velcro, but my horse has a HUGE talent for getting as many of the horrid burrs stuck in his mane and tail as is equinely possible. Every single day. It is making me crazy and his mane looks like he styled it on the electric fence. There are 4 horses out in that field, but only Jasper seems to love those burrs so much.

So today my riding friend and I decided to get out there with the nippers, cut the dreaded things down, and make sure they were out of the horses' reach. We know they'll grow back, but not until Spring - so at least for the next few weeks, it is a burr-free zone. Phew! It was super sunny out and it is a big area, so we surely got our steps in. We got covered by the danged little picky seeds - worse than after a haircut! Then I rode Jasper after (hopefully) de-burring him for the last time this year. I certainly enjoyed my showers after that ride!

Hope you're all having burr-free days!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,395 Member
    PW: 159.6
    CW: 159
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    PW 145.4
    CW 145.2

Ugh , I can't seem to find my mojo.

Still no perfect day.
  • Kali225
    took a peek at the scale this morning and I am so mad lol... I don't know what has been up with my stomach lately but I just don't want anything that I meal prepped for dinner, and it's making eating well quite difficult.
  • lauren_989
    It's been quiet here this week! What is everybody up to? How are you working towards your goals?

I took a 3.75 mile walk/jog this morning. I was definitely sweating by the end (more like the middle of it)! We didn't get to the beach today, but did walk around the outlet stores. I also did some reading on the back patio which was lovely.

Today, we had all 3 meals at the house which is helpful. But I did decide that today would be my sweet splurge day and got a cupcake. Can't wait to eat is later!
  • jugar
    Where did today go? It came with a handbasket, I swear.

My horse has a corneal ulcer caused by the dreaded burrs - it looks like we should have had our burr cutting party a bit sooner. He has to stay in during the sunlight for a couple of weeks. The medication dilates his pupil and sun could cause retinal damage, but he can be out all night at least. I'll have to go and entertain him during the day and ride in the indoor arena - and hope for cloudy days! So needless to say, today's vet visit wasn't a barrel of laughs, but at least the weird blue patch on his eye is not developing blindness of some kind. It will heal.

Then I ran errands like mad, and finished the late afternoon with a fantastic walk with a friend and her 2 pugs. Conversation was wonderful, even though accompanied by the snorting/snurfling/snoring sounds of the pups keeping up to our challenging pace! The sky was so gorgeous, and the trees are turning all the colours, so it was a lovely walk. And how about that full moon?

Keep well, everyone!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 467 Member
    @lauren_989 great loss and love the pic.

PW 165.9
    CW 163.4

This week few by with work, school and now I am sick with a cold. Resting today because I want to get over this soon.
  • Kali225
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 252.7
    CW: 254.7

Ugh exact opposite of what I wanted. Glad this week is over!
This discussion has been closed.