• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    @trooworld
    t8lme7lqov9o.jpg
    I hope you have an awesome day.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    Good morning Slims,
    I have been pretty busy with Diesel the last few weeks. His training is coming along pretty well. We have finally got him to where he will walk with other dogs but have not tested him with actually sniffing and contact. We did have to move up to using an e collar, but progress is being made. We are going to advanced training class on Monday nights and then on Wed and Fri we have training at 8:30 in the morning here at the house.

For me things are moving along slowly. I have started a new morning routine of walking 2 miles with Diesel, then using the rebounder for 5 mins using the earth and owl videos, after that it is 10 min workouts with Denise Austin and then finishing off with stretching. I am pretty sure but in a good way. I fell off the protein wagon and started gaining the weight back so as of this past week I have been focusing again on eating at least 90 gm of protein a day. I have found that when I eat more protein at dinner I do not snack at night like I used to.

I am sorry that I am not jumping on here as much. I still read everyone's posts in the mornings with my coffee and Diesels home training is done the end of Oct so I will have some free time in the mornings again.
    I hope everyone has a great day.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Thursday
    ICE BREAKER CHALLENGE

While it’s not really a challenge but I think everyone might like it.

Share a recipe you would like to make. Not one that you have made but one you’ve looked into and thought “one of these days”.

Mine is

https://ash-eats.com/carnivore-sandwich-bread/#recipe
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,961 Member
    Share a recipe you would like to make. Not one that you have made but one you’ve looked into and thought “one of these days”.

Mine is Key Lime Pie Energy Bites. I don't have a food processor, which is what stops me from making them. I don't really want a food processor; maybe I can get someone to lend me one for a day.

https://ambitiouskitchen.com/key-lime-pie-energy-bites/
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 916 Member
    @katmary71 Hey, I was wondering if I could change my weigh-in day to Wednesday in October. I will still weigh in tomorrow as planned. I have another group I joined that weighs on Wednesdays only, so it would be easier if I weighed in on Wednesdays for both groups. Let me know. Thanks.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited September 26
    @trooworld – Thanks for the bean burger recipe! I actually have vegan Worcestershire sauce and I’ll use flax in place of the eggs. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@micaroo4 – What a great declutter list you shared yesterday! Thank you!

@DrewsAnna – You most certainly do not sound like a jerk. Most of us have weeks /months/years like that. We’re all rooting for you – those are great goals you set for yourself!

@Katmary71 – I’m so sorry you have to deal with so much BS with the pharmacist. I just don’t understand why they think they need your treatment plan. It’s your doctor prescribing your meds, so who does the pharmacist think they are to second guess it? Sorry I didn’t post my rainbows the past few days…taking care of Oliver takes all my time!

@TeresaW2024 – Prayers for you to get through the storm unharmed!

@txcritter69 – Denise Austin?!? What a blast from the past! Back when I was in Junior High, I used to have a subscription to a girly binder called Teen Works that included all things relevant to me back then. Denise Austin was the woman that did all the exercise sheets! I subscribed to that long enough to fill 2 binders. And yes, I still have them – but we won’t tell @micaroo LOLs! How fun!

Hey all! I had a great time taking care of Oliver this past Friday through Monday. Tiring, but man are his big eyes too much for this Grammy! I’ve done pretty good keeping on track with calories, but not so much with produce. Gonna list my pathetic rainbows below (too many processed foods).

NSV – I went to the movies on Monday and snuck in a baggie of carrots and my 100 calorie PopSecret…and didn’t touch the theater popcorn at all!

I am not a baker or good with making any desserts. But man oh man do I want a delicious vegan poptart. Been saving this recipe in Pinterest for a LONG time. https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-strawberry-pop-tarts/

EAT THE RAINBOW 9/23
    Red: tomatoes
    Orange:
    Yellow:
    Green: avocado, pistachios
    Blue/Purple:
    White: onion

EAT THE RAINBOW 9/24
    Red:
    Orange: carrots
    Yellow: banana, ginger
    Green:
    Blue/Purple:
    White: potato, onion

EAT THE RAINBOW 9/25
    Red:
    Orange:
    Yellow: banana
    Green:
    Blue/Purple:
    White: potato, onion
  • 19shmoo69
    @vegan4lyfe2012 i did some digging, well because strawberry pop tarts are awesome. The ones without frosting are vegan. You could make your own frosting to smear on or dip in.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 396 Member
    askewcr wrote: »
    askewcr
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 253.5
    CW 256

I got to get it back together. I was on a roll. :(

Correct Weight this morning: 254.5.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,229 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @vegan4lyfe2012 i did some digging, well because strawberry pop tarts are awesome. The ones without frosting are vegan. You could make your own frosting to smear on or dip in.

I suppose I could. But that requires effort :D
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,251 Member
    The habit tracker is now open for October. Let's make a plan and prepare for your best month yet! B)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10924468/habit-tracker-october-2024#latest
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 137 Member
    I kinda went nuts eating wise yesterday. The big mistake was getting Wendys AND Krispy Kreme. I ate two days of meals (including 4 doughnuts) over the day. I am hoping to be back on track today. I need to figure out how to have treats without gorging. Also, I get hungry later at night, and I need to figure out how to deal with that.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

I suppose I could. But that requires effort :D

Order both from Amazon and enjoy, effort free. 🎉🎊🎉🎊
  • morenin
    I had 2 NSV tonight! I got cleaned up to go out to dinner, put on a properly fitting set of clothes, and discovered that despite the scale not moving, I LOOK thinner and fit into smaller stuff! When we went to dinner I had carefully calculated what I could have, and I ended up not being able to finish my meal, cause I was full. Small improvements but heartening!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,997 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH INS DUE NOW:
    @DrewsAnna @littlebabekitty @AmbersWay
    Reminder To Weigh in Tomorrow To The Following: @Cornanda @lisalisa123 @bethanie0825 @davors19

@lisalisa123 Sure I'll go report your change to Wednesday weighing in.

@trooworld HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND!
  • micaroo4
    Mission Declutter

Friday's mission: Flat surfaces

The clutter that bothers me the most is the clutter that collects on flat surfaces: the table by the doorway, the kitchen table, the kitchen counters, the coffee table, end tables, dressers, desk, and nightstand. These are not typically a one-time declutter, it's a daily battle. Today's mission is to sweep through the house and declutter every flat surface. When I do this, I go at it one room at a time.
    • Find everything in the room that belong somewhere else, bring it to where it belongs, and put it away.
    • Everything on a flat surface that legitimately belongs in that room, put it away where it belongs.
    • Everything on a flat surface that doesn't have a home, find a home for it and put it away.
    • Everything on a flat surface that is trash, throw away.
    • Do all the flat surfaces in that room.
    • Bless the room.
    • Move on to the next room.
    This is a declutter mission that makes the house look SO MUCH better when it's done, you may want to take before and after pics! It also makes it much easier to clean, so if you need to clean, now is the time.

-Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Thank you! I appreciate it. LOL no guilt! I was thinking about you and the hurricane. I hope you guys are okay. I'll be thinking of you!

@micaroo4 Thank you so much! You might try that recipe in a blender, it may work (not sure).

@txcritter69 Thanks! I'm glad things are going well with Diesel. You are certainly putting in the work! Sounds like you have a good routine going.

THURSDAY ICE BREAKER: Share a recipe you would like to make. Not one that you have made but one you’ve looked into and thought “one of these days”.
    My answer is this: I pretty much make anything I want, I don't let things like a recipe's complexity or equipment stop me, I've got all the equipment. What I don't have is TIME. In the past, I have made an Ethiopian dish or two, but never a full meal. I would like to make:
    Doro Wat (a chicken stew) - http://www.grouprecipes.com/50216/anniez-ethiopian-doro-wat-chicken.html
    Atakilt Acilch'a (Ethiopian Vegetable Stew) - from a cookbook
    Misir Wot (Red lentil stew) - http://garammasalakitchen.com/ethiopian-red-lentil-stew-misir-wot
    Injera (Ethiopian flatbread) - https://www.linsfood.com/injera-ethiopian-flat-bread/

@vegan4lyfe2012 You are welcome! I'm glad you can try it. Thank you!!! How's little Oliver doing? I'm glad you had fun with him. Good job with the movies!

@morenin Are you eating enough protein during the day? Also, could you plan for a healthy snack later at night? Great job with the NSVs!

@Katmary71 Thank you!

Hi all. My birthday yesterday was pretty much like any other day: my DH is still sick and so I worked until noon. I went and got us takeout Thai food for lunch and then ran errands. I came home and made this owl lantern. That's about the extent of my fun. :( I made dinner last night: Pumpkin Wild Rice Soup. It was delicious and pretty healthy. I have to have a medical test done this morning and then go to work. I'm feeling sniffly and my throat is slightly sore. I hope I am not getting my husband's cold. I've got 5 medical appointments next week that I can't miss!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
    7udnlkacyk5s.jpg
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    edited September 27
    @txcritter69 It’s nice that Diesel is doing so well. I admire how dedicated you are to his training. Your exercise routine sounds great! Don’t you just love Nikki on Earth and Owl? If I eat enough protein, my snacking goes away, too. It will be nice to have you back more often! :)

@19shmoo69 Yum, meat bread! :D Seriously, I’m going to give this recipe to my mom and see if she is interested in it. She is loving her carnivore lifestyle. :)

@micaroo4 Yum!!! I have a food processor, and those Key Lime pie bites look amazing. I’m afraid if I made them I would eat them all in one sitting. :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 Those pop tarts look so good! But it is not exactly on the healthy list, is it? It would be a fun holiday breakfast as a special treat for you and the family. :)

@morenin Figuring out how to have treats without going overboard is essential to a healthy lifestyle. I’ve been trying to figure it out for a long time. ;) Yayyy for your clothes fitting better and you look thinner. That is a huge NSV!!

@micaroo4 I agree that cleaning flat surfaces is key to a nice-looking home. I’m a big believer that everything we own must have a place to live, or it must go. And shoving stuff in a drawer or closet isn’t giving it a home unless it’s done with purpose. Today, I will double-check all my surfaces. Thank you! :)

@trooworld Those recipes look so good but are so involved! There was a time when I would have loved to make a complicated dish, but these days, I’m a 5-ingredient or less kind of cook. :D Sorry your birthday wasn’t exciting, but at least you made a tasty dinner. I sure hope you aren’t getting sick. You should start taking some Zinc right away! That owl is soooo cute!! <3

Good morning! Well, we survived the hurricane. Our power hasn’t gone out yet, which I thank God for! We might still lose it in the next couple of hours, but the storm is moving so fast that if we do, it won’t be long before they can get it back on. I just watched a newsman in Atlanta save this poor woman who got her car stuck on a flooded street. He was giving a report, and we could hear her screaming down the street from inside her car, so he got off the air and went and carried her out. Pretty cool! It's time to get Joe up and get this day going. I will at least jump on the rebounder today for my workout. No power is needed for that! :D

ICE BREAKER CHALLENGE

While it’s not really a challenge but I think everyone might like it.

I have so many recipes saved in Pinterest and in a Facebook folder! Just last night I saved this amazing looking Parmeson Meatloaf that is going on my grocery list for next week. I think adding some pepperoni on top would make it even better! :)

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 916 Member
    Lislisa123
    Fridays *Hoping to change to Wednesdays starting next week*
    PW: 300.4lbs
    CW: 297.2lbs

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 416 Member
    @Katmary71 I did weigh in on Wednesday. I checked and it's there. I'll repost though...

DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 165
    CW 166.6

• morenin
    edited September 27
    trooworld wrote: »

@morenin Are you eating enough protein during the day? Also, could you plan for a healthy snack later at night? Great job with the NSVs!

I'm eating 70-80 grams of protein a day. Should I aim higher?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Bethanie0825
    Friday
    PW - 255.2
    CW - 253
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,997 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW: @littlebabekitty @AmbersWay @davors19
    Reminder To Weigh in Tomorrow To The Following: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110

@DrewsAnna Got your weigh in thank you, I know we sometimes post at the same time so if you're posting before I click "post" it counts yours as read even if I didn't read it. It only happens about every 6 weeks if I miss it just remind me as I don't think to scroll back when I'm in a rush.

@lisalisa123 I just checked the October spreadsheet and you ARE switched to Wednesdays now.

@TeresaW2024 Your Parmesan meatloaf sounds delicious, it doesn't offer pinning it on Pinterest but I bookmarked it. Be safe with the hurricane!

@trooworld I absolutely love that owl! Love all the recipes I'm going to save them. Good luck with the medical tests today, next week will be nuts!

@micaroo4 Flat surfaces always seem to get cluttered fast I'm definitely going to work on that tonight, I have some of the board members from the charity coming over next week so I'll be using all your great advice!

@morenin Congratulations on the NSVs!

Hi team! I got my prescription situation straightened out and started taking it again, sad to know how severe my pain is without it. I'd definitely taper that going off it for good if I can get this body to heal. The withdrawals aren't fun but if it wasn't for the pain I wouldn't have taken it. I'm still working on the grant. Off the wagon on everything after a few days in withdrawal trying to get back to it now with diet and exercise. Tomorrow is Bow Wow Days to raise money for animal shelters and I have a lot to get done so this is short! No rainbows today I was still real nauseous so everything was white or brown.

When I have the two board members over I'm planning to make this, a friend's son just got out of the hospital and i think I'll make two and take one to them. https://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-enchiladas/
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 310 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 262
    CW: 263
  • micaroo4
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 129.1
    CW: 128.7

Maintenance range: 127-133, center weight 130.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 211.2
    Today’s Weight: 211.6
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 125 Member
    Username: baodell17724
    Weigh-in day: SATURDAY
    Starting Weight 6/1/24: 286.2 lbs
    Previous Week's weight: 241.6 lbs
    Today’s Weight: 239.6 lbs

- 2.0 lbs

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Yes, that's why I haven't made them, maybe when I retire someday! LOL I'm getting to be a lot less complicated. Every so often on the weekend, I make a complicated dish but during the week, it's definitely simpler. Yes, dinner was tasty and I didn't mind so much that my birthday sucked lol. I am getting sick and I am taking Zicam so hopefully that will help things! My brother lives in SC and his power went out. He said it will probably be out for days! I can't imagine. I'm glad your power stayed on! I hope it stays on. I make an Italian meatloaf similar to your meatloaf you saved: it has all turkey though, and for some reason, it gives everyone who eats it the burps lol. I think it has to do with the turkey for some reason. Although no other ground turkey recipe does that to me! :D

@lislisa123 @bethanie0825 Congrats on the losses!

@morenin Well, I've heard (and it's been my experience) that protein helps you feel full longer. You might experiment. Here is an article about the effects of protein consumption on weight loss, it says 10-35% should come from protein but it also mentions protein helps keep you satisfied: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/how-much-protein-to-eat-to-lose-weight

@Katmary71 Thank you! The test went okay, it was pretty quick. Next week WILL be nuts, I can't believe it. I'm glad you got your prescription straightened out. I hope Bow Wow Days go well today! I think I've made those enchiladas and they turned out well.

Hi all. I can't believe I'm getting sick again. I've been taking Zicam but it's still coming on. Hopefully it at least shortens it. Yesterday, we had an open house at work and I had to put my "public face" on all day. It was rough lol. By the end of the day, I just wanted to go home and crash so that's pretty much what I did after dinner. Today, I have to pick up groceries at Sam's Club and actually go into the store at Walmart and the local produce store. I just want to lay on the couch lol. That's what I intend to do after shopping.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    @Katmary71 That is good news that you got the prescription you need. I know you would rather not be on medications, and hopefully, your body will heal, and you will be able to stop taking it. Those chicken enchiladas look good! I have never made enchilada sauce before, so let me know if it’s better than the canned stuff. :)

@trooworld I’m sorry you are getting sick! I hope the Zicam does its job and you won’t suffer too long. I know you have a lot of stuff to do and need to be well to do it. Weird about the meatloaf. Maybe the combination of turkey and the other ingredients. Maybe not serve it at a dinner party unless you want a good laugh. :D

Good morning! I'm sitting here watching the news about all the damage that Helene has done. I am so thankful that we were spared and so sorry for all those who have lost their homes. And so many have died. :( There is not much going on today other than the usual stuff. The girls will be here later, and I’m making blueberry pancakes and bacon for dinner because they love it. OK, Maggie is roaming around, making a ton of noise and trying to wake up Joe. I guess it’s time to get the day started. :)
  • 19shmoo69
    Good morning my Slimpossible family. My coach changed up some exercises and has me on a feed. Which will cause a weight increase. Hopefully not too much. Today is my Mago’ s birthday party. Tomorrow is the Stryper concert. This weekend is going to eventful.
  • morenin
    @trooworld I will check out the article, thank you!

No exercise for me for a couple of days. I didn't check the ingredient list of something I ate in from a restaurant, and ended up in the ER. Fortunately, I keep Benadryl and an epi pen on hand! The steroid they gave me knocked out the rest of it, but I need to rest three days now to avoid retriggering the symptoms.

I am fine, I just feel like a fool! The poor waitress was so busy I hated to bother her. Fortunately, the rest of the food was fine. They get their desserts in from somewhere else (common at small restaurants here) so no cross contamination when I go back. No more of that cake for me!
This discussion has been closed.