• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,229 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Monday 10/14
    PW: 209.6
    CW: 209.6
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @Cornanda – Perfect Pooch Pic! Nice 2# loss…glad hubby suggested the shake up!
    @gemwolf110 – Awesome aurora pics!
    @lislisa123 – Glad to hear you’re ok and far enough away from the storms.
    @micaroo4 – Happy Birthday to Rich and I hope you have a blast in Maine. Gorgeous pics!
    @laurelfit57 – The added cost of buying prepared fruits and veggies is worth it. Better than paying less for unprepped ones and having them go bad and wasting the money.
    @Bethanie0825 – Awesome loss!
    @baodell17724 – You are rockin’ the losses!
    @DrewsAnna – Looks like it was a fun party!
    @Katmary71 – You sent me several YouTube links for seated resistance exercises. So glad the concert was a blast! So does the rented garden have fencing up to keep the animals away?
    @trooworld – I won’t even mention the movie Awake… Can’t wait to see your Halloween display!
    @morenin – Hang in there. You know it’s not real weight gain.
    @TeresaW2024 – Nazarenes love potlucks, too LOLs. I thought of you yesterday when my pastor announced our next one hahahaha!

I was really hoping for a loss with my weigh in this morning, but holding steady is better than gaining. Trying to look at the positive side. I just realized my trip to Colorado Springs is in just one month. I was really hoping to be down more, but I’ll focus on getting rid of 5 pounds by then. I’ll be visiting my niece for a super quick trip. Flying there Nov 8 and spending 2 full days then flying back on Nov 11. I know she’s planned a train trip to Pike’s Peak. Other than that, I’ll be hugging and loving on my niece and great niece and nephew.

I decided this year that for my 31 Nights of Halloween movies, I’m not planning what to watch in advance. It’s whatever I’m in the mood for. So for my horror friends on here, this is what I’ve watched so far. You can always give me recommendations, too :)
    8ngqw4axg2x4.jpeg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Oh and my top 3 emojis are 🤣🩷💙
  • bobboyardee
    bobboyardee Posts: 6 Member
    Starting Weight: 212.3
    Previous Weight: 209.4
    Current Weight: 208.8
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Oh and my top 3 emojis are 🤣🩷💙

Looks like MFP can't handle the pink heart emoji, which is the middle one. Basically, I'm always laughing at the girl (pink heart) and boy (blue heart) grands.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @laurelfit57 i thought I’d let you know, I’m bowing out of the 5% challenge. Way too confusing for me. Hope it goes well for you.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 416 Member
    I have been thinking, in here my weigh in is Wednesday, in the 5% challenge it's Saturday. Should I change my weigh in to Saturday or should I stick with two weigh in days because it'll keep me more accountable.

I probably should stick with two, but then it could be confusing.🤔🤔🤔

What do y'all think?
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,961 Member
    I weigh myself daily, so for me it doesn't matter. But if you only want to weigh yourself once each week, just choose the weigh in day that works for you, and post that weight on the weigh in thread of any and all challenges that you participate in, no matter what their "official" weigh in day might be. So if you like Wednesday as your day, weigh yourself on Wednesday, and post that weight on Saturday for the 5% Challenge. Whatever you choose, you should be doing what works best for YOU.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 594 Member
    edited October 14
    @trooworld please take pictures when you are finished, your pirate ship and everything sounds amazing! Good for you for all the blood donations! Many years ago I had Hep C. Back then, the treatment was chemo and it was not that affective for many people. I belonged to an online chat group for patients going through treatment. Many of us got very anaemic and needed blood transfusions. So I am always very grateful when people are donating blood. I have seen the link for keeping track of steps with the team. Is it very complicated?

@TeresaW2024 that is hilarious, I was raised in the United church and we never had that many potlucks. I didn't know how much I was missing out🤣. I am not on my computer much either, and have thought it was just going to be a quick check-in, I should have asked more questions. I have a hard enough time coming here on a regular basis😳. I know those pants that you want to wear to the ladies tea will look fabulous on you!

@Vegan4lyfe2012 small attainable goals are a very good thing! It sounds like your trip to Colorado Springs is going to be good medicine for the soul♥️

@19shmoo69 I bowed out as well. I need simplicity in my life :-). I am just going to hold myself accountable here, I have made up a little daily check-in thing.

It was a good and quiet day here. I got the dogs out for a long walk after the gym this morning and played in the park for a while. I did some meal prep, colder weather is coming in, I love chilli, soups and stews.
    I have started to do embroidery in the evening to keep my hands busy and away from snacking. I'm going to make each one of my kids a little Christmas thing. Only problem is my eyes don't see as good as they used to. I have ordered a magnifier with A light. It is supposed to arrive today.
    br06s8d2sd6d.jpeg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,997 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE LOG WEIGH IN NOW: @AmbersWay @Jactop
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @FushiaKat

@DrewsAnna The bad thing about weighing in Saturday is if you're late it's the last day of the week to weigh in before results are tallied and you won't be a top winner if it's not entered in time for the totals to be done. I do get it will be easier with two groups so it's up to you, if you'd like me to change it I can ask for you to be moved.
  • laurelfit57
    Starting Weight: 147.8
    Goal Weight: 140

Tracking📉: ✅
    Fruit 2🍉: ✅
    Veggies 5 🥦 : ✅
    Protein 90🍗: ❌
    Water 72 oz 💧 : ✅
    No snacking after 7: ✅
    Exercise 60 min👟: ✅

10/13: 147.8
    10/27:
    11/3:
    11/10:
    11/17:
    11/24:
    12/1:
    12/8:
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 416 Member
    @Katmary71 I thought about it some more and I'm going to keep my Wednesday weigh in. Thank you :)

My drs appts took a lot longer than I thought they were going to, so I didn't make it home in time to go out for a walk before the rain. However, I did walk from one office to the other and then back again. So, not a total loss.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 318 Member
    WI Monday
    PW 214.8
    CW 213.8

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,111 Member
    @drewsanna- It's my understanding that you can weigh any day you want for 5%, you just have to post it by Sat.

@laurelfit57 - forgot to say this yesterday. During PT I became aware of how bad my balance is. I've been meaning to look for some mobility/balance type workouts. PT also suggested practicing by brushing my teeth on one foot.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    @TeresaW2024 I'm glad you did well at the potluck, that would be really hard! The Spanish lessons...I had to switch tutors because the one I was with originally kept cancelling on me at the last minute. She was really nice and good when we had a session but I just wasn't having enough sessions to learn anything. The new one, I've had one lesson with. He's a professional teacher (the other one was what they call a "community tutor" which means she doesn't have a degree in teaching and is cheaper) and seems good so far, but I've only met with him once. Our poor babies, can't take 'em anywhere, eh? LOL I've got bad news about the display: I am not going to put up all my decorations (I don't think), I just don't have the time. But I'll definitely post a pic of what I do (and I'll at least put up the pirate ship because it was a gift!). I'm glad the chorale group was good. You do love to make your muscles cry lol, good luck!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Why? Is it bad? Or is it really scary? :D My display this year is going to be really lowkey: I didn't start early enough. :( BUT I'll post the pics when I get it set up. That sounds like a nice trip, I hope you enjoy it. I like your list. I've seen some of them (not many), what did you think of Salem's Lot? We saw it and I think it was entertaining. Did I like it? I guess I did.

@bobboyardee @AmbersWay Congrats on the losses!

@laurelfit57 I will definitely take pics! Oh gosh, that's terrible what you went through with the Hep C. I'm glad you are okay. No, the step spreadsheet is not complicated at all, or it can be if you want it to be! You create your own spreadsheet (or copy someone else's to a new tab) and just input your numbers. I have taken the liberty of copying mine (which I have hidden since I am not using it right now) to a new tab and putting your name on it. So, all you have to do it put your steps in the right spot. Give it a shot! Just know that every once in a while, I go through and hide sheets that haven't been used in several months, just to keep things from getting out of hand. But those hidden sheets aren't deleted, they can be brought back at any time. Great job meal prepping! I love those things, too. My eyes aren't as good, either, but I got a magnifier visor on Amazon for like $15-20 and it works well and even has a light! Oh, I see you did too...I hope it works for you. I love your pattern, that will be cute! Good job yesterday!

Hi all. The cardiologist said my heart is normal and I got the clearance from her to proceed with surgery. Now, I just wait for them to give me a date + I have a phone appointment with the surgeon in a week to talk about the results of my endoscopy and maybe what's next. I am hopeful about the future and what it brings.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • 19shmoo69
    Good morning fitfam, what an eventful day it has already been. I was awaken with my daughter hollering. My son had just got home from work, sat down, fell out of the chair because he was having a really bad seizure. Ambulance, ER, finally home. It’s 7am, I need sleep but I can’t fall asleep.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    72ejkatnogsx.png
    How do you think the quality and duration of sleep impact weight loss efforts, and what are some strategies to improve sleep that might enhance weight management?
  • 19shmoo69
    trooworld wrote: »
    72ejkatnogsx.png
    How do you think the quality and duration of sleep impact weight loss efforts, and what are some strategies to improve sleep that might enhance weight management?

All the experts say proper sleep is vital for total health not just weight loss. Unfortunately I don’t sleep well or long enough. The resting part of sleep is what the body needs to properly repair itself.

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 718 Member
    I’m not sure if I’m still on the team as my weigh in is late this week and completely missed last week

Weigh in Jactop
    PW 197.4
    CW 196.6

I’m so ready to get back to my routine. My son and his fiancee got married last Saturday and we had 3 weeks to plan the wedding 🤪 This is the first day I’ve had off in forever so I’m going to take some guilt free me time today and catch up on reading the 179 posts I’ve missed since I last logged in.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @laurelfit57 – I love that you’re making Christmas gifts…and bonus that it helps keep you from snacking! Those gnomes are adorable…be sure to take a picture for us when it’s completed!
    @trooworld – Halloween décor is fun, but don’t stress out about it. So far, the only thing I have displayed is a wooden sign on my porch LOLs. I keep “Albert” (my skeleton) in my car cuz it’s funny to see people’s reactions. Other than that, it is what it is. The movie Awake is about someone that gets open heart surgery but the anesthesia only paralyzes him. He’s still conscious throughout it. He does find something out, tho. If you can handle it, I’d recommend it. I did enjoy the remake of Salem’s Lot. So far, if I had to choose a few favorites of what I’ve watched this month, I’d have to go with the original Speak No Evil, Glorious, You’ll Never Find Me and the one I watched last night – Daddy’s Head. How exciting that you’ll be moving forward with the surgery – congrats!
    @19shmoo69 – Oh your poor son (and the rest of you). I hope he’s ok now and resting.
    @Jactop – Whew! Whirlwind dying down...definitely enjoy your “me” time!

I had a great day yesterday. Came in under by 2 points, but didn’t feel hungry. I’m trying to stick to unprocessed foods (for the most part, anyway). Staying focused and aware. I knew Hunter and family were away for the day, so I left work at 2:30. Relaxed for a little at home before heading into the craft room to design and prep for my card class tonight. That kept me busy until about 8pm, so no snacking happened during that time. Definitely don’t want to get my cardstock icky from food, right? Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday!

Everything I’ve read says it impacts every aspect of our lives. I have been making an effort to get to bed earlier lately. I used to go to sleep between 1am to 2am. The past few days I’ve been making it to bed between 11pm and midnight. Baby steps :)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 541 Member
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 41 of 52

PW: 137.8
    CW: 136.6

I can't wait to get my Trike; I've read the owner's manual four times online. It won't be ready until sometime in November and then my husband has to go and pick it up. I love the color purple, I bought a bike helmet and a couple of locks. This is what it looks like. I have 3 doctors' appointments this week. I'm feeling good, I got over being sick and my pulled muscle is not bothering me anymore.

Have a great week!

https://hjmbike.com/collections/e-bike/products/trihauler-pro-cargo-1000w-rear-drive-fat-tire-etrike-fully-assembled?variant=48961151500586
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @FushiaKat - That trike is freaking AWESOME and I love the color!!!
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 137 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    72ejkatnogsx.png

If nothing else, when I sleep well I have the energy to move around more and more resistance to bad eating. When I've slept badly, I tend to be a turtle, and prone to overeating.
  • laurelfit57
    edited October 15
    @Cornanda I remember a physiotherapist telling my mother that, standing on 1 foot sounds like a really good idea

@trooworld thanks for putting that on the spreadsheet for me. I will try to remember to do it at the end of the day. Should I put it from the beginning of the month or just start today? So exciting that you got the last final clearance and can go ahead with the surgery! I hope it's not too long of a wait.

@19shmoo69 what a start to the day! Hope your son is doing OK and you got some sleep.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! I'm sure when you went home it was lovely to have the peace and quiet.

@Fushiakat your trike looks fantastic, how exciting!

Checking in a bit early today, we are on a new round of agility classes and Tuesday is going to be a late night. I have mapped out my eating for today and will check in at the end of the day if I go according to plan lol.
    I have been really struggling getting my 5 servings of vegetables in. Come to find out one serving is half a cup not one cup. So I was trying to eat 5 cups a day instead of 2.5. Without getting too graphic I have a VERY clean system now🤣
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,961 Member

I don't sleep well, more often than not. When I'm really tired, I try to prop up my energy with food, which doesn't really work. Basically, I've learned not to try to boost my failing energy levels with sugar or caffeine. A quick heart pumping cardio workout will give me some short term energy. Then it's get to bed and hope for some restorative sleep. And sometimes, I just have to grrrr, cuss, and fight my way through the exhaustion.

As for how it impacts weight loss, I'd have to say that it plays a role in appetite, but it's not insurmountable. I reached my goal weight and I've kept it off, regardless of sleep deprivation.

-Mica
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW:
    @megnolia82
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow To The Following: @DrewsAnna @lisalisa123
  • Katmary71
    @laurelfit57 LOL lots of fiber going through your system trying to hit 5 cups! Good luck today with the late night and mapping out your eating, you got this! I love your Merry Christmas gnomes!

@FushiaKat That's an amazing bike, wow!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'll have to check out some of those horror movies! That's a great difference in additional sleep hours wtg!

@Jactop You're still on the team you can't shake us that easily! Congratulations to your son! Have a great time reading through old posts and relaxing a bit today.

QUESTION ANSWER: Sleep makes a big difference in mental state (mostly because pain is real bad without a lot of sleep and that makes me negative) plus there's the craving difference.

@19shmoo69 Good afternoon, what a scary day I'm so glad your son is back home. Does he normally have seizures? I can't imagine how frightening it was sending prayers up for him.

@trooworld YAY that's great news that surgery is next! I hope you hear from them ASAP so you can get going with it.

@DrewsAnna Sounds good on the weigh in! Nice job getting some exercise in around the appointments!

Hi friends! Yesterday was pretty busy getting the winter stuff in at home, I currently have stuff over them in the hopes the deer won't flip them back and eat them while I figure out how I'm going to block off my yard. Today's been relaxing so trying to get stuff done I've been procrastinating on. The 15 day treatment I took for CRPS actually seemed to help so I'll probably do another round, it has some gross stuff like animal organs in it but I'm trying not to think about that. Doing well with diet and exercise right now it's one of those rare periods where I'm having great workouts and coping well with less food. I'm picking up a friend from her colonoscopy tomorrow with nothing else planned so hopefully I'll get my yard arranged. Have a great night and happy Wednesday!
  • 19shmoo69
    Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement. This is my son’s third grand maul seizure. He remembers nothing about them.
  • laurelfit57
    Starting Weight: 147.8
    Goal Weight: 140

Tracking📉: ✅
    Fruit 2🍉: ✅
    Veggies 5 🥦 : ✅
    Protein 90🍗: ✅
    Water 72 oz 💧 : ✅
    No snacking after 7: ✅
    Exercise 60 min👟: ✅

10/13: 147.8
    10/27:
    11/3:
    11/10:
    11/17:
    11/24:
    12/1:
    12/8:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,111 Member
    @FushiaKat = Wow! Cool bike!

@19shmoo69 - I'm sorry about your son. I wish he didn't have those seizures.

Lisa