Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,111 Member
    @19shmoo69 - Hugs and prayers to you and your family. That's hard. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

@TeresaW2024 - No! You are not the only one who hates meal planning!

Today I'm in a hurry to finish up my chores so I can run out and get some new plants for my outdoor pots. Then I will watch some football. DS is coming over today.

Lisa
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 594 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 147.8
    CW: 145.9

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 205 Member
    Thank you @Katmary71
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 243
    C. W. 246
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,997 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN TODAY
    : @megnolia82
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop @bobboyardee
  • Katmary71
    @DrewsAnna Oh no I hope you're feeling better fast!

@AmbersWay I'm glad you're holding on, life sounds busy right now for you! Great job on logging breakfast!

@TeresaW2024 I don't like figuring out food either. Love the photo of you and Joe looking happy, you look beautiful!

@Cornanda What are you looking for to put in your pots? I hope you find some fun plants!

@trooworld I agree Sally's Baking Recipes is always good, thanks for the recipe! Yikes I hope you're feeling better with some rest. The festival looks awesome I wish you'd been able to last longer (I know that's super frustrating). I'm giggling at carrying all the groceries at once, that was a tough habit for me to break!

@sleepygirl79 You're welcome

@19shmoo69 How are things going now? I hope your son is home and doing better, prayers for all of you.

Hi team! Trying to stay on top of things as we're going to my parent's house for dinner so cans are at the curb, caught up on work, and am catching up here. I have to get a prescription before I go to my brother's too. I was hoping to get some cleaning done but I'll probably just get watering. Not much new going on, tried a new chicken taco meat recipe yesterday and it came out real good. I found a yummy-looking butternut squash, almond, feta recipe I'll probably do next. Have a great Monday everyone!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,524 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    h4br2lnjid8x.png
    42ujd4rcp50c.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    irdtlnpgfg4l.png

By Pounds
    xmen3f1ihc90.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    lchx9vyahk26.png

By Pounds
    lueo2kmq5g39.png
    m7yoqc54uwy1.png

Team Winners
    uv20bo0pbls2.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    lpzs9w2j710x.png
  • laurelfit57
    Starting Weight: 147.8
    Goal Weight: 140

Tracking📉: ✅
    Fruit 2🍉: ❌
    Veggies 5 🥦 : ✅
    Protein 90🍗: ❌
    Water 72 oz 💧 : ✅
    No snacking after 8: ✅
    Exercise 60 min👟: ❌

10/13: 147.8
    10/20: 145.9
    10/27:
    11/3:
    11/10:
    11/17:
    11/24:
    12/1:
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 416 Member
    I believe my stomach problems are because I started taking Metformin. I am going to quit taking it and call the dr tomorrow. I still feel pretty crappy, but I managed to declutter my refrigerator.

I really hope tomorrow I will be feeling better. This sucks.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,491 Member
    edited October 21
    trooworld wrote: »
    @laurelfit57 We posted at the same time lol. Congrats on the loss!

@gemwolf110 How's your pup doing?

@Cornanda It was fun! I'm going back on Friday night for dinner with my BFF. That's good if you can tolerate the protein veg stuff during the week and have something different on the weekends.

@digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@morenin Good, I'm glad you are going. Just feel better soon!

@bethanie0825 That's great you are back in the 240s, congrats!

@19shmoo69 Totally understandable. Big hugs to you and your family. Please let us know how things are going when you can.

@Katmary71 I'm not sure if I ever posted it, but it's from Sally's Baking Recipes (which are always solid recipes). Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup - https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/lightened-creamy-chicken-noodle-soup/ I'm glad you scheduled some downtime. I hope you enjoyed the reading!

@DrewsAnna Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better today.

@TeresaW2024 That's a great picture of you two! What a pretty background. Thanks for sharing it with us! I'm glad my knee feels better as well. I hate figuring out what to eat, too lol. It's working out better since I shifted half of the meal planning to my husband (since he cooks half the time).

Hi all. My DH assured me that the bus we took (we didn't want to hassle with parking) would take us close enough to the festival but it was not close enough: it took us 20 minutes to walk from the bus stop to Little Italy and at that point, I had to sit down. My knee wasn't quite bothering me but my hips were. We had an appetizer and a drink at a restaurant and then continued on to the festival. It was nice but the artists hadn't finished any of the pieces, they were in progress. That would have been fine but all the walking around got to me and we left after we walked around a bit. We went to North Park, our favorite neighborhood, and got a beer and read a book. I woke up with my back really stiff and sore. I think it's because I brought a bunch of groceries in by myself and made it in one trip. :(

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

v5lpevguh8wj.jpg
    cat7i7asmf0j.jpg
    ifaw6hep1r9z.jpg
    h1unsj3t2wx4.jpg

Hi!

Pup is doing okay. Tolerating the shots and eye drops better.

Love the pictures!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 318 Member
    WI Monday
    PW 213.8
    CW 213.6

I did well yesterday with no bread while out for a meal. I skipped the fresh from the oven steamy hot bread. Then at night had a sandwich for dinner. Calories are fine but I know the carbs are still calling out to me.

@19shmoo69 glad your son is home and doing better.

@Katmary71 thanks for the support. I appreciate it.

@trooworld love the photos.

Congratulations to all those who made the leaderboard this week.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,961 Member
    @19shmoo69 - Glad to hear that your son is home. No more ambulance; that will be a hard promise to keep if he's having another seizure. Prayers for you and your family.

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,111 Member
    @19shmoo69 - glad your son is home. Hope the med increase ends this problem

@Katmary71 - I got some mums. I was hoping there would be more choices, but nope. That's OK.

Have a good week, all!

Lisa
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 859 Member
    Hey all,

I’m sorry for missing last week. I need to take a break. I would like to join back in for November please.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 1st place by both % and pounds! A special shout out goes to @baodell17724 @Digger61 and @gemwolf110 for leading the way!

@Katmary71 I think the hip pain was just the beginning of my back pain (see below). Ugh. It was super frustrating to leave but it was fun while we were there. LOL yeah, I should NOT have brought all the groceries in at once! Lesson learned! :D I hope you had fun at your brother's.

@19shmoo69 I'm glad to hear your son is home and doing better.

@gemwolf110 That's a great update, thanks.

@AmbersWay Ooh that would be hard to skip, good job! Thanks.

Hi all. Yesterday, my back was really tight and painful and it got worse as the day went on. It's still bad today, just as bad. I thought maybe keeping active would help, so we walked around our favorite neighborhood and ran errands but it didn't help.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    @gemwolf110 The things we do for our fur babies! :)

@Cornada HaHa! You lie! :D

@trooworld The festival looked fun and a beautiful day to be out and about. It's a bummer you had to walk so much before you could even enjoy the festival. I hope your back gets better. <3

@Katmary71 It’s time to get out those fall recipes! Let us know how the butternut squash turns out. I love those ingredients! :)

@19shmoo69 I’m glad your son is home. That is good that you will have an emergency med to use the next time he has a seizure. I just can’t imagine how stressful this is on you and your wife. <3

Happy Monday! Today, I will do a leg workout and get some housework done. I have a Walmart order arriving in a few hours. This week, I plan to really watch my eating so that my new pants will fit on Saturday for the ladies' tea. I don’t have a back-up plan! :D
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,229 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Monday 10/21
    PW: 209.6
    CW: 208.8
  • laurelfit57
    Starting Weight: 147.8
    Goal Weight: 140

Tracking📉: ✅
    Fruit 2🍉: ✅
    Veggies 5 🥦 : ✅
    Protein 90🍗: ✅
    Water 72 oz 💧 : ✅
    No snacking after 8: ✅
    Exercise 60 min👟: ✅

10/13: 147.8
    10/20: 145.9
    10/27:
    11/3:
    11/10:
    11/17:
    11/24:
    12/1:
  • bobboyardee
    bobboyardee Posts: 6 Member
    Starting Weight: 212.3
    Previous Weight: 208.8
    Current Weight: 207.0

I can't believe this is actually working :*
  • laurelfit57
    edited 1:53AM
    @19shmoo69 I have certainly been thinking about you and your family sending many hugs and good wishes across the miles. I'm so glad your son is back home. I know it is difficult to see someone go through seizures and feel like you are doing nothing. What you are truly doing is making him feel safe and secure so when he truly comes around, it is the ones that love him that are surrounding him and not strangers. It can be very disorienting.

@TeresaW2024 love the picture of you and Joe! I am with you on figuring out what to eat every day. I just made up a big sheet of root vegetables for the week, hopefully that will take care of a few meals lol. I find the motivation of getting into some new clothes is always a good thing for me. You've got this!

@cornanda I am always so surprised when people are talking about outdoor plants at this time of year! I am sure you had a great time with your son.

@trooworld it sounds like it would have been wonderful to go to that festival, it looks like a ton of fun! Those artists are so talented! I am so sorry that the bus did not go closer for you. I'm sorry that your back is still causing you pain.

@katmary71 care to share the recipes for the chicken taco meat and the butternut squash almond feta recipe, they sound delicious! I get bored with my regular rotations

Hello my friends, it was a super busy weekend. Both of my grandkids ended up coming over on Friday night for a sleepover. They were not happy with each other, so it was a very long evening and Saturday morning. Siblings 🤣
    Saturday evening we went and watched my bonus daughter's hoop performance. I am absolutely amazed at how strong those performers have to be. This was at a dance studio run by all younger people(under 30). There is not any seating so 99% of the people sit around crosslegged on the floor watching the performers. They understand that there are a few of us who can't do that, so they were very kind and put out some benches for us to sit on. They were hard wooden benches, no backs and right at the front so we had to look directly up to see the performances for 4 hours. My neck and butt are still recovering🤣. But truly, I would do it again in a heartbeat to see those amazing performers! I didn't get home until about 12:30 AM and of course by the time I got the dogs out and played with them for a bit, it was about 1:30 in the morning. Sunday I was sooooo tired, but it was my grandson's first hockey game at 9 AM! They were so cute, six and under. Second half of the game, I think they spent more time on their butts than they did on their skates, they were all very tired🥰. I went to his first practice and they all learned how to fall, so they were prepared for that second half of the game. I brought my mom to the game and she wanted to do some shopping after, so I got home about 1 o'clock. Of course by the time I got home my dogs needed some exercise, at 3 o'clock I plunked myself down on the couch and didn't move again until the last potty of the evening🤣.
    I did so so on my eating and tracking for the weekend, it's not like I went really crazy any day. It was just so busy or I was so tired that I missed a few things, like adequate water or fruit. I made up a huge crockpot of turkey chilli on the weekend, which is probably 70% vegetables and then I did a sheet pan of root vegetables tonight. Cold weather is starting to set in so it feels like comfort food is in store :-). Hope everybody had a great Monday!
    As I am trying to catch up here, Vannie is cuddled up in her cosy bed and Ty is sprawled across me🤣

jxpmbf6sjvtd.jpeg

• Katmary71
    edited 2:30AM
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS NEEDED:
    @Megnolia82 @Jactop
    Reminder To Weigh IN Tomorrow To The Following: @FushiaKat

Hi team! I'm worn out I stayed late at work since we didn't have Bible Study tonight and I'm exhausted. I have an email to get out in the morning I'm going to start working on now as it's for Thursday's class. Have a great Tuesday team!
  • Katmary71
    Starting Weight: 212.3
    Previous Weight: 208.8
    Current Weight: 207.0

I can't believe this is actually working :*

Love this you're doing awesome!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 416 Member
    edited 3:01AM
    Hi 👋 everyone, I talked to my dr today. She told me to try taking just one Metformin per day. I asked, if I could control with diet and exercise, she said, I can have 100 gr of carbs per day and to cut back on my sugar. I logged all my food and I'm waaay over on my carbs. I don't know how much sugar I'm allowed, but I'm sure I probably went way over on that to. I'll figure it out. The good news right now is that I quit taking that Metformin and I'm feeling so much better!!

I logged all my food and I got some good exercise in. I feel good.

Motivation gets you going, inspiration keeps you going.
    Tod Stocker
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW2024 It was. It was a bit hot but it was a pretty day. Thank you! <3 I hope this week goes as you planned and you can fit in your pants. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 @bobboyardee Congrats on the losses!

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! The festival was nice, it was crowded though. They are very talented! Thank you! Oh gosh, what awful seating for the hoop performance! It sounds like your weekend was packed but fun. That's great food for cold nights. Aww, that's a cute picture!

@DrewsAnna I can only take one Metformin a day, it gives me diahrrea. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Hi all. My back is still very painful. I left work early yesterday at 10:30 because of it. I came home and rested and that felt better while I was resting. I have to go in to work today, I can't keep burning through my vacation and sick time, I'll just have to persevere.

• trooworld
    4q1edb8hphd9.png
    How do you feel about your current weight and body image?
  • trooworld
    DISCUSSION QUESTION: How do you feel about your current weight and body image?
    I'm very unhappy with my current weight (and health situation). I feel unattractive and I don't like most of my body. Sometimes, when I am walking by this glass wall at work, I catch a reflection of my body in the glass. I like that my legs are shapely. I know I need to work on body image and self-love. But every technique I look up feels false to me. I don't know how to work on it.

• baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 125 Member

Well, I started out as 286.2 lbs on June 1, 2024 and was shocked, and very unhappy how I looked in the mirror (but not totally surprised given how VERY UNHEALTHY I'd been feeling for several months)! Today I weighed 232.6 lbs (October 22), and while I still am way too big, I definitely feel so much better. The longest I've ever been able to keep losing is perhaps 3-1/2 month total, and I have MFP and Intermittent Fasting to thank for getting me over various plateaus and not give into (yet, at least!) all those great Autumn recipes!
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 137 Member
    4q1edb8hphd9.png

I don't seem my progress lately, especially since I gained a few pounds back. I just see a blob. And I gained 8 pounds in two weeks. I am pretty sick and haven't been eating well or moving much, but there's no way I ate THAT many calories. It's frustrating. My scale has become the enemy. I can't figure out how to stop bloating, unless it's a real 8 pounds, in which case I need to cry.