Introductions

Options

Replies

• kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi, I grew up in Nebraska and will always be a Husker, but I moved here in 2000. I have lived in Eden Prairie, Brooklyn Park, Eagan,and now St. Paul. Love it here.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Hi, I grew up in Nebraska and will always be a Husker, but I moved here in 2000. I have lived in Eden Prairie, Brooklyn Park, Eagan,and now St. Paul. Love it here.

Yay EP! I grew up in the Preserve.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been in MN my whole life. Grew up in Brooklyn Center, lived down by Lake Hariett for 7 years and now have been in Eden Prairie for 9. The only thing I could do without is the snow! :)
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options

[/quote
    I lived in the apartments on the east side of the Preserve pool when I moved up here in 2000.
  • Jorra
    Options

I lived in the apartments on the east side of the Preserve pool when I moved up here in 2000.

Nice, I lived in the one on the west side. What a nice coincidence. :laugh:
  • brandeejean
    brandeejean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just realized I joined without saying "Hi!" :ohwell:

My name is Brandee. I'm a South Dakota girl, but I moved here 7 years ago with my husband who is from Burnsville. We live in Farmington. I joined MFP a few months ago but I didn't really get motivated until last week. So far so good! :smile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

I'm Heather and I live in North Branch but spend half of my time in Hastings with the boyfriend. I'm Minnesota born and raised and have lived in several cities throughout the Twin Cities; the list is too long...

I'm neither a Vikings or Packers fan, so I'm neutral, but love the game of football. I'm a fairly new runner who basically started in January but I now have 12 races under my belt with five more already registered, including a half marathon in May 2012. I ride horses, hike and snowshoe as well.

I saw the discussion on winter running gear and wanted to add the link I use for determining what to wear on a run:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/whattowear/0,7152,s6-240-325-330-0-0-0-0-0,00.html

So far it hasn't failed me yet. I look forward to learning more about winter running this year; I have to keep up the miles this winter!

I look forward to getting to know my fellow Minnesotans! Feel free to friend me, just make sure to add a message that you're part of the Minnesota group!

Thanks,
    Heather
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

I'm Heather and I live in North Branch but spend half of my time in Hastings with the boyfriend. I'm Minnesota born and raised and have lived in several cities throughout the Twin Cities; the list is too long...

Thanks,
    Heather

Hi Heather! My sister and her family live in North Branch.....do you know any of the Lewis's? They live right behind the Mall.
  • RawkChick
    RawkChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids!

I'm Drie. Moved to MN when I was just a toddler, lived in Burnsville, Minneapolis, Downtown St Paul, West St Paul, and just moved back to Burnsville.

I hate snow and everything about it. MN winters suck *kitten*. (Speaking of sucking *kitten*, I also hate the Packers with a passion.)

You'll usually find me at Lifetime Fitness in Savage or Lakeville. I'm the tall chubby chick with the mohawk. :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sharon. Born and raised in southwest WI. MY first crushes were Paul Hornung and Bart Starr:love: . Yup, I'm that old:tongue: . I met my MN born husband:heart: in my home town in 1975 and after the first baby we moved to Charlotte, NC for five years and had another baby. Then we moved to Saint Joseph, MN and had two more kids. We now live in Saint Cloud and have four adult children and two granddkids (who live in Farmington). Lots of snow today. From the forecast 2-4" it looks more like 5-6". I love the beauty of it but dislike the cold and driving in the snow. We spend a lot of time in Orr, south of International Falls. My husband was raised up there and we keep an RV and a large pontoon boat at his brother's place. I love to fish and I will keep quiet most of the time about the Pack, just cause it's MN nice. :happy:
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi, I am Heather. I live in St Paul with my family of 5. I grew up in Iowa. Nice to be a part of this group!
  • hnjohnson007
    Options
    Hi, I'm Holly! I currently am living Rochester, but hoping at some point soon to get up to the Twin Cities where most of my friends reside. i'm so glad i've found some Minnesotans here! Now I know there is a place that I can find tips and tricks about staying warm and toasty but not falling off the exercise train!! and also people that fully understand what it means to be Minnesota nice!

You betcha!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Pollywog: I don't really know anyone in North Branch other than my own family. I've only lived there for five years and didn't go to school there. It's a nice town, but I'm hoping to move back to the south end of the cities someday, where my boyfriend and friends are.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Hey MN folks!

I'm Mike. I was born in Minneapolis, but we moved to Lake Park (~20 west of Detroit Lakes) when I was about 4. I lived there until I was 17. Then we moved back to Minneapolis where I graduated from Southwest High. After college I moved to Coon Rapids, then to Blaine, then back to Minneapolis and now I live out in Hutchinson.

I have a lot of family that still lives near or in Detroit Lakes (Frazee, Lake Park, Moorehead) and some still in Minneapols. Others in Oregon and Mississippi. We are a big wrestling family and have probably at least one of our boys at the State Tournament every year.
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! I am Charleen and I am from Clear Lake a small town south of St. Cloud. I love the small towns in MN and finding all the cool unknown places this state has!!:smile:
  • michellelynn16
    michellelynn16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Eagan and now live in Rosemount! I've lived in Arizona and Oregon and nothing compares to good ol' Minnesnowta!!!
  • leelees10
    leelees10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm from Thief River Falls and now live in Wyoming, MN.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Welcome to the new members!
  • 13sharon13
    13sharon13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sharon and I have lived in Minneapolis for over 10 years. I'm not a native, but hope I have lived here long enough to count as a Minnesotan. :smile:
  • Jorra
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sharon and I have lived in Minneapolis for over 10 years. I'm not a native, but hope I have lived here long enough to count as a Minnesotan. :smile:

Yes, you count!