Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week 17

Options

Replies

• gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    CW 147 painfully slow weight loss, but its coming off! I hurt my hip doing P90X on Tuesday, and by Thursday I was hobbling around like a 80 year old woman. Went to my chiropractor yesterday for an adjustment, told me no running, jumping or twisting for a couple of days. So no working out other then walking... little nervous about what that will mean on the scale next week, but I'd rather heal then push too much and do more damage. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • leslyta
    Options
    Sorry I've been so out of it this week!! I pulled 4 doubles this week and I gotta do another one tomorrow! I am exhausted and by the time I get home, I have to go to bed so I can get at least 8 hrs of sleep!! :( I'm walking a lot, couldnt do the challenges bc I still cant work out bc of my surgery last week!! Hopefully I can work out soon bc even tho it hurts to jump or run, I wanna do it so bad.. lol
    I am glad I lost weight tho.. CW: 187.6, which is awesome bc I'm so close to my goal weight for Xmas.. YAY!!! I've decided to try and get to 182 for Xmas and hopefully I cant make it.. Being at 182 would mean I've lost 40lbs total and I'd be getting a tattoo. $40, $1 per pound and my mom's paying for it!!

Yall are doing awesome! I'm so glad I joined this challenge.. Hope yall are having an awesome weekend!! <3
  • shelly650
    Options
    same again! I suppose i'm glad it aint a gain!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    Hi There me again:happy: Hopefully you remember my rambling about my son in the Every 15 minutes program. Well is was finally put on You tube!!!! The film students did the video as their final project. You all know what my son looks like from my last profile pic. He is in the car crash in the front seat of the van..you will see his hand then the bloddy stuff. I feel like the kids did a nice job featuring and explaining the program. Matt is also interviewed a couple of times. You will also see my wonderful real emotional non acting:huh: It is about 18 mins long and a great message for both adults and young drivers!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1bFEo26gJA

If for some reason I didn't cut and paste right you can go to you tube and type in Every 15 minutes Saugus 2011...it will come up:wink:

:heart: :heart: Judy

That was powerful Judy!! It struck a chord in my heart how the first set of interviews were life goal oriented whereas the last set of interviews were the simple things of life. I think the message hit home with these kids. Thanks for sharing.:heart:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Judy, that was very powerful.
    I was crying watching it. My life has been affected by drunk driving and this tugged at my heart so much. When they said, "Imagine having to bury your best friend", I broke down. I know first-hand how devastating this can be, and I think your son's school did a wonderful job of portraying this. Likewise, the art students did a magnificent job putting this video together.
    Thank you for sharing it. :heart:
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA this week. I went to the ER this week. I was having a hard time swallowing and breathing. I found out that I have viral pharyngitis. So, I haven't been to workout this week. :mad: :angry:

Luckily the scale showed a loss this week.

CW: 225
    loss of 3 lbs.
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    cw:182

:flowerforyou: Down 2 pounds - I am calling this week's weight loss my birthday gift to myself. And I like this gift very much! :love: Have a wonderful day everyone!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

Oh almost forgot -- I completed 2 rounds of the pyramid this week. The 2nd time I substituted crunches for the kettleball since I forgot to bring my weight with me & didn't want to wake anyone up in the house.
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cw:151 thats a gain:sad: ,not unexpected because it was a bad week for eating and exercising. I hope to lose that this week even with Thanksgiving, we shall see.
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    189.2 up .2 booooo...
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    CW: 223.4

I need to change my goal weight to 215 by Christmas. :frown:
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    A couple of strategies for Thanksgiving is to only choose one or two high calorie choices, small portions, half your plate with fruit and veggies. You can still enjoy the day without feeling like you ruined all your hard work.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    131.4 I think I'm slowly getting thru this plateau!!!! So hopefully my goal is still attainable
    Jenn glad your DD is feeling better
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hi There me again:happy: Hopefully you remember my rambling about my son in the Every 15 minutes program. Well is was finally put on You tube!!!! The film students did the video as their final project. You all know what my son looks like from my last profile pic. He is in the car crash in the front seat of the van..you will see his hand then the bloddy stuff. I feel like the kids did a nice job featuring and explaining the program. Matt is also interviewed a couple of times. You will also see my wonderful real emotional non acting:huh: It is about 18 mins long and a great message for both adults and young drivers!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1bFEo26gJA

If for some reason I didn't cut and paste right you can go to you tube and type in Every 15 minutes Saugus 2011...it will come up:wink:

:heart: :heart: Judy
    Wow!!! Judy, I just finished watching this video. Thank you so much for sharing. This was very well done! It does get the message across. I surely felt some emotions watching it, but I am certain that my emotions were nothing compared to those emotions that people felt there. Whoever put this video together did an amazing job!

Again, thanks for sharing!
  • azeria
    Options
    Sorry I've been so out of it this week!! I pulled 4 doubles this week and I gotta do another one tomorrow! I am exhausted and by the time I get home, I have to go to bed so I can get at least 8 hrs of sleep!! :( I'm walking a lot, couldnt do the challenges bc I still cant work out bc of my surgery last week!! Hopefully I can work out soon bc even tho it hurts to jump or run, I wanna do it so bad.. lol
    I am glad I lost weight tho.. CW: 187.6, which is awesome bc I'm so close to my goal weight for Xmas.. YAY!!! I've decided to try and get to 182 for Xmas and hopefully I cant make it.. Being at 182 would mean I've lost 40lbs total and I'd be getting a tattoo. $40, $1 per pound and my mom's paying for it!!

Yall are doing awesome! I'm so glad I joined this challenge.. Hope yall are having an awesome weekend!! <3
    Hope you get your tattoo for Christmas:wink:
  • azeria
    Options
    CW: 194
    That's 2 more pounds down!!! Woo hoo! I've been struggling to get things going, with .5 being the most I lost a week. Kind of makes everything I'm doing worth it again!

Jen, I was going to change my Christmas goal, but I'll keep it. Whether I make it to 180 or not, I'll make it close to 180 and will then keep on working until I get to 180!

I liked the idea of the pyramid challenge and was looking forward to trying it out, I never had a chance to do it though... Hope you can do another one like that this week! I may still try it, even if we are doing something else.
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    CW: 283 :cry:
    New GW: 265

I didn't do well on this weeks challenge :sad: I can't even begin to tell you how upset I am with myself this past month or so. When i started this site I was doing SO well and all into it. Now I am not logging and I'm not losing weight :ohwell: I keep telling myself that this is going to be the week I get back on track but I never follow through. I feel like crap :frown:
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Cateyes! Everyone goes through hills and valleys. My advice is to find a meaningful reason to get back on track again and put up reminders of that reason that you can see every day. Hopefully that'll help keep you focused. And don't beat yourself up. Shake it off and find your way back to where you want to be. Keep moving forward! :)

CW: 237 (another pound gone!)

My knee says I couldn't really try this week's physical challenge, so I stepped up my boxing workout this week and pushed myself a little harder instead.

And for the personal challenge, I would like to change my goal weight to 230. It's going to be tough for me to lose much in December. I am a Christmas baking addict, but am planning to give away all my baked goods this year, so hopefully it won't affect me too adversely. I already have lots of party invites, though, so even this adjusted goal may prove difficult. But I plan to use that fact as reason to push a little harder!

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better, Jenn! Happy Thanksgiving week, everyone!!
  • leslyta
    Options
    [/quote]
    Hope you get your tattoo for Christmas:wink:
    [/quote]

Hope so too!!
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    168 this week. Up 1lb.
  • shaverkl191
    Options