***Welcome and introduce yourself!***

Options

Replies

• Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Shubha and I am struggling with my weight from last 4 years .. I had lost around 20kgs but now weight loss is getting harder and harder. I am 28years old and got married 8 months ago.. I have observed that after marriage from last 6months I have gained extra 6-7 Kgs weight :yawn:
    I need help...!!
    I am trying hard .. regular exercises 5 times a week and controlled diet but I am not shredding even a bit .. I really feel bad about my body.
    Please give some advice...
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Paulette and I am 61 years old. I just happened onto this group and it looks like a good group to join. I have had weight issues all my life. In June of 2010, I started on a program that was an online study for lifestyle changes. Doing that I changed my lifestyle and I lost 80 pounds. Unfortunately it was a one year study and at the end of the year they cut me off. But this was one of the sites they suggested to carry on the diary aspect and support.

Since June of 2011, when I joined MFP, I have been up and down by several pounds but now am down 6 pounds from when I started MFP. I am not sure how this group thing works but all that have posted seem like people that I would like support from and would like support. I had some health issues that stopped me from exercising but now I am back on track and want to get back to the regular activity levels I had before. I look forward to the next step.

By the way, I write down my food during the weekends and have totals but only post on weekdays for now. Thanks for keeping this group open.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shubha and Paulette! We are always happy to have positive supportive new folks join us. You might find it helpful to share your weekly goals on the goals thread. Your week is whatever works for you, and you don't have to wait for the next one to join, so pop on over and post some goals! :happy:

Shubha, a lot of us struggle with feeling like we're doing everything that we're supposed to do but not seeing progress. Some of the tips that have been helpful are: watch your sodium, drink plenty of water, make sure your net calories are too LOW. Every person is different, and there's no way to know what your loss trigger will be, but if you're really feeling frustrated, you might want to talk to your doctor or a nutritionist about what would be some healthy goals for you. Good luck!:drinker:

Paulette, congratulations on your previous 80lb loss! That is awesome, and hopefully mfp and our little group here can help you maintain or continue your losing goals!:smokin:
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I joined this group awhile ago but later when I realized I hadn't introduced myself I couldn't figure out where to find the group! :laugh: This morning I was very happy to find the button at the top of my profile and am now here to introduce myself. I 'met' several of these lovely ladies when I joined MissDee's challenge.
    My name is Cathy, I am a 35 year old stay-at-home mom. I homeschool all my beautiful children. Four girls ages 18 (next month), 16, 13 and 7, and four boys ages 14, 11, 9 and 5. With every pregnancy I gained wieght for a grand total of 131 pounds of gain. I am very happy to have lost over half that. I have lost it all while here on MyFitnessPal. I have been on here since June 2010. The last several months I have been too busy and lost my focus. But I am back on track and hope to stay.

Everyone have a blessed week! :flowerforyou:

Oops! I forgot to mention my wonderful best friend that I have been married to for almost 19 years! He loves that fact that I am finding a healthier me and supports me everywhere he can. If fact my whole family has, I don't think I would have gotten this far in my loss if I didn't have them all cheering me on!
  • AnaMarian
    AnaMarian Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ana, I didn't think to much about the username :P
    I'm 32 years old and I'm looking to lose weight since last year.

In june I developed DVT and I'm still recovering from it.
    It has been a really rough year for me, and my journey to lose weight has been difficult.
    I hope this group help me to regain control about my diet and exercise.

I'm living in the US, but I'm from Mexico. Therefore, sorry in advance about my English :)
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Thanks so much Philosohoe..
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Thanks Philosohoe!
    That was helping.. my current goal is to watch my calories intake.
    I found this Food diary really helping as it tells me how many calories I have eaten and how much I can still have :love:
    my current challenge is to keep the Net calories as minimum as possible and trying for that.
    I do regular workouts 5 days a week so I think I need to change my diet routine to make some differences in my body.
    Lets see how it goes :drinker:
    Love xxx
  • 1prdmommy
    1prdmommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Kelly and this is the first group that I've joined on MFP. I chose this group because I need to focus on one challenge at a time. I get overwhelmed when I start looking at too many challenges, so I just give up for a while until I'm ready to start again. Can't wait to get started. Thanks for letting me join this group. :)
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Palak25:
    Thanks Philosohoe!
    That was helping.. my current goal is to watch my calories intake.
    I found this Food diary really helping as it tells me how many calories I have eaten and how much I can still have :love:
    my current challenge is to keep the Net calories as minimum as possible and trying for that.
    I do regular workouts 5 days a week so I think I need to change my diet routine to make some differences in my body.
    Lets see how it goes :drinker:
    Love xxx

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I went back and read my post and realized that I forgot to say "NOT too low" when talking about net calories. There are a lot of good threads that you can read in the "General Diet & Weight Loss Help" section of the main forum.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/777-why-is-starvation-mode-so-bad

These might be a great place to start. :D
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Thanks for this :smile:
    nice links :flowerforyou:
  • dabratt92
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm dabratt92 I am new to this site. I have about 75 lbs to loose and just feel like having someone other than the critters to talk to. (ha ha). I'm in New Mexico, own an Accounting Firm. So I'm very sedentary.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm dabratt92 I am new to this site. I have about 75 lbs to loose and just feel like having someone other than the critters to talk to. (ha ha). I'm in New Mexico, own an Accounting Firm. So I'm very sedentary.
    Welcome dabratt!! Glad you found our mini goals group and MFp!
  • michele2244
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Michele and I just joined MFP today - so any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated! So about me.... I am 35 years old and have a fabulous 12 year old daughter. I am getting married on January 7, 2012 (39 days - but who is counting right??). I am looking to lose about 100 pounds - I really want to be healthy! I was doing really well watching my eating and working out until about 3 months ago when I injured my foot pretty seriously - with my injury my motivation went out the window! But my foot is getting better (out of a boot yesterday but not cleared for serious workouts yet). So, I am excited and can't wait to get started!!! thanks!
  • dee5385
    Options
    Hello, I'm Dee. I'm a 27 year old step-mom; recently married. (October 2nd 2011) I working in Accounting for a Government contractor in the Northern Virginia area. Work has been very stressful lately and I feel like it's a bit reason as to the weight gain. I'm just not motivated.

I enjoy shopping; who doesn't; spending time outdoors (in the fall, bad allergies), spending time with family & friends.

I'm going to get my butt back in gear and get myself back to my happy weight!!! I only need to lose 20 pounds or so!

D
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    welcome michele and dee! Both newly or soon to be newlyweds, how exciting.

Dee: anytime I get stressed out I lose my motivation as well. Which sucks because life is stressful in general. I also enjoy the outdoors, but suffer bad allergies. This last Saturday I went hiking all day and had to use my inhaler (I never do) just because of allergies. So worth it sometimes, it was a gorgeous view at the top. Hope you find the support and motivation here that you need.

Michele: grats on joining MFP, this was my first group and my absolute favorite! I have a teen daughter, they can interesting (not to mention that I taught 8th grade up till a month ago when I moved, so I know the age range). Very exciting about your upcoming nuptials. Any injury can suck the motivation right out the door, after all you can't do what you need to do anyhow. Hope it fully heals and you get to be the active and motivated person that you want to be.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Michele and I just joined MFP today - so any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated! So about me.... I am 35 years old and have a fabulous 12 year old daughter. I am getting married on January 7, 2012 (39 days - but who is counting right??). I am looking to lose about 100 pounds - I really want to be healthy! I was doing really well watching my eating and working out until about 3 months ago when I injured my foot pretty seriously - with my injury my motivation went out the window! But my foot is getting better (out of a boot yesterday but not cleared for serious workouts yet). So, I am excited and can't wait to get started!!! thanks!

Hey Michele.. Welcome to the club! :flowerforyou:
    Good to hear that your foot is getting better now..
    well always remember that our body is made up of 70% of the diet and 30% of workout. so even if you are not able to workout much dont worry about it.. just try to control your diet .. eat healthy and be happy till the time you can start regular workouts.

I have undergone a Key hple surgery in my left knee and I cant workout for next 5-6 weeks at all.. I am just trying to control my diet .. I cant wait to workout again once my knee is back in action.
    Dont worry .. start putting the efforts from today... and you will soon feel the difference in your body and your lifestyle.
    Feel happy and Feel beautiful..everything else will fall at the right place..Congrats for getting married!
  • HippyLioness
    Options
    Hey foks,
    I go by Lioness!!!
    I have a crazy huge long-term goal and that is why I was attracted to this group.
    I figure if I can manage to stick it out one week at a time maybe I will have a better chance at making it!!!
    Ummm... I have two sons, ages 3 & 4, and am unemployeed but working on a new career... In health and fitness!!!
    WISH ME LUCK!!! :bigsmile:
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Hey foks,
    I go by Lioness!!!
    I have a crazy huge long-term goal and that is why I was attracted to this group.
    I figure if I can manage to stick it out one week at a time maybe I will have a better chance at making it!!!
    Ummm... I have two sons, ages 3 & 4, and am unemployeed but working on a new career... In health and fitness!!!

Welcome to the group Lioness! :smile: :smile:
    all the very very best for your goals!
    Keep yourself motivated and keep going
    we all are here for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Lets start rocking :drinker: :drinker:
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Hey foks,
    I go by Lioness!!!

Welcome to the group Lioness! :smile: :smile:
    all the very very best for your goals!
    Keep yourself motivated and keep going
    we all are here for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Lets start rocking :drinker: :drinker:
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lioness!!! Good luck. I found this group a few weeks ago and it is a great group of people. Take it one week at a time. You can do this!!