What makes you to OVEREAT?

Options

Replies

• libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Work stress/frustration is the number one culprit for me.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If a food tastes really good
    Parties with food
    Time of the month
    Holidays

That's about it.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I've been there too!
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat too much when I'm upset. It could be my mom pushing my buttons or my husband doing basically the same thing in his own way. I can go foraging for junk food if I feel like I've been a jerk to my kids too. Recently, I just restarted MFP after going off of any diet plan and I gained 10lbs. In about 8 weeks. I' m pretty peeved at myself. But I wasn't losing an ounce before and I was working on it for 4 months. So I decided my rebellion only hurt me when I was already hurting. My goal is to lose weight and be fit but losing is really hard. I'm not eating that same junk anymore but still I'm not losing. Strange. One would think I'd lose after dropping all the junk food but my body is not cooperating. Sometimes I think it's my relaxed weekends that are ruining it for me. Other times I'll eat the kids left overs- just because it's there. But now that I'm back I'm more careful and logging in my meals etc. but still I'm holding on to those 10lbs since I started up again on nov. 1. (pause for Kleenex) but I'm not going to let that happen again. So back to business.

Good luck to all my fellow over eaters.
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I seem to always be in the kitchen. With 3 little ones and one only slightly bigger one there are always lots of leftovers, once I start picking I can't stop, next its a bowl of cereal or a yogurt, maybe some of the kids cookies or chocolate. I do think its boredom and a bit that I didn't plan to be a stay at home mum with triplets +1 and I've lost my identity. I eat because then I'm too busy to be unhappy and I should be very happy, I'm a very lucky Mum and wife and my life is good. Its just that I don't always think I deserve it and I self destruct by stuffing myself.

Funny, how we sabotage ourselves. I do the same thing.
  • unholyvixen
    unholyvixen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I overeat when i'm bored and sad and don't eat when i'm stressed or mad.
  • ellabellaperia
    ellabellaperia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Work makes me over eat - I could graze all day. I have to really focus bt at least I try and make it healthy stuff to over eat now like apples and pears. I find it hard to say no if my husband is having something naughty but he is a lot more supportive now that he has joined My FitnessPal. Also if I am depressed I overeat but I dont get down as a whole.
  • get0fit0freak
    get0fit0freak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tend to over eat when I'm upset stressed or thhat time of the month theres nothing like a pepsi and a butterfinger when I have had a bad day. I have been able to control it (except thanksgiving and a day after) I have found gum helps I have to have gum all the time if not I am eating.. I also eat because its there out of boardium.
  • Jenniferrosesmyth
    Jenniferrosesmyth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Any type of stress or anxiety. I am trying to find other ways of dealing besides binging.
  • getfitjenn
    Options
    Stress, anxiety, boredom, pain (recent injury had me comfort eating a lot).
  • firealiceice
    firealiceice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :glasses: I overeat whenever and where ever there is extra food, but I'm getting better at saying 'no'.
  • svelte32
    svelte32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Happy, sad, bored, tired, lonely, excited, anxiety, etc. my hunger is equal opportunity. But today I had some food on my plate when I noticed myself getting full and I am proud of myself. I also tried chewing food 20-30 bites instead of inhaling my food. I usually have a love hate relationship but it's getting better. I'm starting to make changes here and there but I know it won't happen over night.
  • bertauxaj
    bertauxaj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of reasons why I over eat.. I was talking to a friend that got me on this site.. He asked why I over ate.. I later sent him and email say.. Food is comfort for me.. Food doesn't judge my past or the things I've seen or done.. I've quickly learn food is my enemy and all it does is dig me deeper in what I call a over weight depression.. All other areas in my life I conquer and active.. Its time I conquer and active my healthy weight for a better happier life.
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The worst part is overeating when I'm just bored, or stressed. It's the extremes that push my buttons.
    If I have nothing to do and I'm sitting around the house, i want to eat to just have something to do, and enjoy myself. If I have classes and work and I'm running around like a crazy person, the stress makes me reach for, not necessarily more food, but less healthy food. I'm more likely to eat an entire bag of doritos or grab a burger or something else far too fattening, just because it's easy and comforting.
    MFP has really helped me realize how many calories are in some of the things I used to eat, but it's still hard sometimes.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    i over eat when im bored
    when im drunk
    when i get munchies
    when im upset
    when im at resteraunts
    and when i am with a person who eats a lot also
    =] sums it all up
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    seriously- me it is typically hormones, stress or peer pressure...If I am motivated and my mindset is geared to a goal, I typically will avoid the temptation.
  • 4RMBIG2THICK
    Options
    I overeat when I am bored and sad. I also notice that I overeat when I am in a group setting and I am not paying attention