Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Good morning!
    cw- 165
    owls- 0
    newts-20
    spew- 0
    hp- 860
    I had a major sweet tooth this week, I had a really good start to the week, then this weekend I blew it. :( Here's to a fresh start.
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Gryffindor :)

Last Monday: 150.4 lbs
    Today: 148.8 lbs :D
    Newts: 0 points
    Owls: 0 Points
    House Points: Monday, Dec 12th to Sunday, Dec 18th totalled 395 Minutes = 395 Points
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    CW: 183 - nope, not happy at all. Time to take back control.

No exercise. I was going to start C25K today, but there's a slushy snow coming down, so I'm thinking I'm not going out in that. Maybe I'll do Ripped in 30.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Weight 118.25 (this is a definite glitch, I'm more like 119.25, but that's what the scales said this morning)
    OWL 5
    NEWT 20
    SPEW 5
    HP No formal exercise so nothing logged.

.___________________________________________________________________________________
    Latest Gryffindor challenge is always updated here -->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TourThePast
  • veganbaum
    Options
    So, should we just repeat week 3's goals? What is everyone else doing? I'm sure it's a busy week for everyone and Bron probably hasn't had time to come up with new challenges.
  • Mindy1124
    Mindy1124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CW: 166.6 (went up a couple lbs....)
    HP: 116 (need to do better this week!)

Nothing else to report.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    So, should we just repeat week 3's goals? What is everyone else doing? I'm sure it's a busy week for everyone and Bron probably hasn't had time to come up with new challenges.
    I've sent a message to Bron with some challenges I've put together, if I don't hear back from her before I go to bed, I'll put it on here myself. :smile:

EDIT - Yaay, Bron likes my challenges *does happy dance*

.___________________________________________________________________________________
    Latest Gryffindor challenge is always updated here -->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TourThePast
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I've sent a message to Bron with some challenges I've put together, if I don't hear back from her before I go to bed, I'll put it on here myself. :smile:

EDIT - Yaay, Bron likes my challenges *does happy dance*

I really appreciate the help! This week coming up to Christmas should be my last super crazy week for a while. Dealing with my Dad has just put me very behind on preparing for the holidays since I usually make a good portion of my gifts and do a lot of cooking for family get togethers.

Thank you all for being patient during all this craziness and confusion!

Here are the challenges Hayley so kindly drew up (and also updated in the blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/gryffindor-december-owls-newts-171054):

WEEK 4:
    (Starting after check-in between 12/16-12/19
    and ending with check-in between 12/23-12/26)

OWL (exercise): Crunches

Do watch all of this video, I see so many people at my gym getting it wrong. If this challenge only helps a few people it's going to be worthwhile.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V4RXxLHNCY&feature=related

Remember, the new scoring system is to set a daily goal for yourself. If you make it all the way to your goal you earn 5 OWLs for the day, if you make it half way to your goal you earn 3 OWLs for the day and if you attempt but don't make it half way you earn 1 OWL for the day.

NEWT (food): As many of us will be celebrating, and choosing to eat more than usual on at least one or two days, the challenge is to decide in advance what your calories for each day will be, and log your calories anyway to try to get within 100 calories of that goal. That way you can enjoy eating a reasonable amount extra, or stick to your usual calories.

You earn 5 NEWTs for every day you meet this goal, 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

SPEW (motivation): Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs). Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    As far as my check in, I only did yoga one day this week, and we played Just Dance at my Christmas get together, so that was fun!

I was surprised to weigh in at exactly what I was last week after all the yummy food I had yesterday, too!

I'm going to challenge myself to at least do yoga every day again this week.

CW: 258
    HP: 65
    OWLs/NEWTs: 0 (I didn't log because I was so busy, so I don't really know, and I didn't get to the OWLs)
    SPEW: 6
  • squiggles409
    squiggles409 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Checking in!! Really NOT a great week.
    Cw: 173.8
    Owls: none! Can't believe this! Ahh
    NEWTS: 10
    Spew: not a one!
    HP: 100

Still working to do better, but I get to schedule my massage! Ten pounds gone!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Check in time!

CW:143.5
    Owls: 15 Dang, I started off so well.
    Newts:0 Not comfortable yet with eating all my exercise calories until I get a HRM. I have been eating much more than I used to.
    Hp: 834
    Spew:7
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hi! Relaxing today after what felt like eternity in the car. My road trip took 36 hours total, with a 1 hour nap. I'm exhausted but will get my HP's up starting tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Newts:0 Not comfortable yet with eating all my exercise calories until I get a HRM. I have been eating much more than I used to.
    For the purposes of NEWTS, your daily goal is the daily calorie goal that you set for yourself. Many of us only eat a proportion of their exercise calories. I'm sure Bron would agree that the important thing for the challenge is that if you meet your own personal goal, whatever that is, you deserve the NEWTS for it. :smile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    For the purposes of NEWTS, your daily goal is the daily calorie goal that you set for yourself. Many of us only eat a proportion of their exercise calories. I'm sure Bron would agree that the important thing for the challenge is that if you meet your own personal goal, whatever that is, you deserve the NEWTS for it. :smile:

This is a good point. I'm going to make that more clear from now on, but please add in those NEWTs if you know what they would have been!
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hi! Relaxing today after what felt like eternity in the car. My road trip took 36 hours total, with a 1 hour nap. I'm exhausted but will get my HP's up starting tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
    Yikes! 36 hours in car! You deserve a break. It'll probably feel great to start working on HP after being so confined. Hope it was a good trip!!
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    As far as my check in, I only did yoga one day this week, and we played Just Dance at my Christmas get together, so that was fun!

I was surprised to weigh in at exactly what I was last week after all the yummy food I had yesterday, too!

I'm going to challenge myself to at least do yoga every day again this week.

CW: 258
    HP: 65
    OWLs/NEWTs: 0 (I didn't log because I was so busy, so I don't really know, and I didn't get to the OWLs)
    SPEW: 6

Have fun with the yoga!
    Congrats on maintaining during the holidays. You are beating the statistics! It's all the quidditching! <----made up word!
  • MindyBlack
    Options

This is a good point. I'm going to make that more clear from now on, but please add in those NEWTs if you know what they would have been!

Hey! I'm not complaining. I was just explaining why I didn't participate in that particular part of the week's challenge. I am concerend about how accurate MFPs calorie info is. I know I can't be burning at the same rate I was 70 lbs ago. When I get a HRM, soon hopefully, I want to experiment with eating back more of my calories, especially as I get closer to maintenance.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    I'm working on those crunches. That was a great video. I thought I was doing well with my crunches but I picked up a couple of good tips. I can feel the difference.
    How is everyone else doing?
    I set my goal at 60/day.
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Day 1 of C25K completed! Wasn't too difficult, yet more difficult than I thought it would be. It felt good to finish! Unfortunately I took a scary spill yesterday and my face, neck, shoulders, and parts of my back are very sore, so I don't think I'll be doing crunches this week. Hope everyone's doing well.