Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Had a really good day today! i did 2 fitness classes and ran a 7:23 mile! Yay! Getting in the good workouts before this weekends festivities and food!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of C25K completed! Wasn't too difficult, yet more difficult than I thought it would be. It felt good to finish! Unfortunately I took a scary spill yesterday and my face, neck, shoulders, and parts of my back are very sore, so I don't think I'll be doing crunches this week. Hope everyone's doing well.

OUCH! Watch out! Glad to hear C25K is working out well. Just be careful. Hope you are mended soon.
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Had a really good day today! i did 2 fitness classes and ran a 7:23 mile! Yay! Getting in the good workouts before this weekends festivities and food!

WTG! Great idea, planning ahead for festivities. I have been trying to add more exercise minutes in each to to bank up for the big day.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hi! Relaxing today after what felt like eternity in the car. My road trip took 36 hours total, with a 1 hour nap. I'm exhausted but will get my HP's up starting tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
    Yikes! 36 hours in car! You deserve a break. It'll probably feel great to start working on HP after being so confined. Hope it was a good trip!!

Trip was good, just looooong! I should have weened myself back into working out, cause my legs are killing me. I went from no movement to extreme movement, total one extreme to another. But, the more I work out the more I stretch out those stiff muscles.
  • Honeybee511
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of C25K completed! Wasn't too difficult, yet more difficult than I thought it would be.
    That sounds about perfect. Glad your tumble didn't stop you in your tracks, hope you carry on enjoying C25K. :)
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of C25K completed! Wasn't too difficult, yet more difficult than I thought it would be.
    That sounds about perfect. Glad your tumble didn't stop you in your tracks, hope you carry on enjoying C25K. :)

Thanks. Completed day 2 today - my calves are a little tight. I think it's mostly because I'm using Merrell Pace Gloves (barefoot/minimalist style) and my body needs to get used to them. So, I'm taking it a little easy. I think I will repeat week one just to prevent injury, especially with the shoe adjustment. I took oral arnica and did one application of topical arnica on my face. I think that made a huge difference in my healing. While my face is tender, it's not terribly bruised and the rest of my body was only sore for two days.

I hope everyone is having a great week, and has a great holiday if you celebrate. Let's be ready to get moving and move closer towards our goals in 2012!
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Merry Christmas Gryffs! Whether you took the express home or stayed at Hogwarts I hope you each have a very Happy and Blessed Christmas!! And may we all reach our goals in the coming New Year!!
  • belleforte
    belleforte Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Checking in now, since I won't have a chance later!

CW: 155
    HP:100
    OWLS:5
    NEWTS:0
    SPEW: 0

Happy Holidays!
  • jls1661
    Options
    Greeting you awesome Gryffindors you!!!

CW: 164 (up a half pound again...but my weight has been all over the place since my trip)
    OWLS: 10
    NEWTS: 20
    SPEW: 2
    HP: 170 (gonna double this next week, just got a wii from Santa with the ABBA dance game!!!)
  • jls1661
    Options
    Oh and one more thing. Happy Christmas!!
  • Honeybee511
    Options
    Good morning! Checking in! Wish I could say I did good with my eating habits this week. :(
    Cw- 167
    Owls- 15
    Newts- 5
    Hp- 489
    Spew- 2
  • MindyBlack
    Options
    Checking in:
    CW: 141.5
    OWLS: 30
    NEWTS :0
    HP: 1030
    SPEW: 7
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, Gryffindor :)

Last Monday: 148.8 lbs
    Today: 148.0 lbs
    Newts: 0 points
    Owls: 0 Points
    House Points: Monday, Dec 19th to Sunday, Dec 25th totalled 123 Minutes = 123 Points
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Weight 121.3
    OWL 20
    NEWT 25
    SPEW 3
    HP 150
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Sorry fellow Gryffs, no access to scale earlier in the week. Hope you all had a good holiday if you celebrated!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i feel like such a ****ty gryffindor. i havent been here in so long. my check in i do tomorrow will consist of just what my new 2012 goal is going to be. just hope you all know that i missed you all while i was gone and that for everything you acheived i am so proud!!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hello my wonderful Gryffindors!

I want to tell you all again how thankful I am for your patience while I deal with losing my Dad and he stress that just comes with th holidays. I'm SO fired up to get back at this, which I think it's natural for our motivation to ebb and flow as humans. Every single one of you inspire me just by being in our awesome House.! I think our new system of using personal goals to score OWLS will really level the playing field and make it challenging for everyone in a customized kind of way.

December results are coming as soon as I hear back from Slytherin and Hufflepuff. Forgive me if I just name the Quidditch Captain for December and wipe the slate clean for January to save time. I'm going to strive to be more diligent with my time management in general so I hope to stay on top of things much better under normal circumstances :)

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday! Don't forget to check in so we can have your January starting weight! This weeks's challenges will be posted first thing Monday morning!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ok so ive definitely been slacking this last month but its time to crack the whip again!!

CW (Jan 2nd): 152.6
    GW: 145
    UGW: 140

LETS DO THIS :D
  • TourThePast
    Options
    I think our new system of using personal goals to score OWLS will really level the playing field and make it challenging for everyone in a customized kind of way.
    I agree, I already have a fitness regime that is working for me, so I don't feel as if I "need" to do the OWLS but I really do love the idea of it and I want to make more effort with them.
    I'm going to strive to be more diligent with my time management in general so I hope to stay on top of things much better under normal circumstances :)
    Just don't put too much pressure on yourself though, we appreciate all the things you do for us!

GO GRYFFINDOR!