Like Minded Lushes- January 2012

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol. We like it.
Most of us drink it. We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss. We support each other when we strive to control it. We support each other when we fail to control it.

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

Hello all and welcome to the January no judgement zone.

Okay we all know that December was a challenge so now it is time to accomplish what you want to accomplish in 2012. I hope to get thing a little more under control.

My trip to SD is over and I didn't do to bad. I will probably partake thru the rest of the holiday and change my lushy ways come January 3rd when I go back to work.

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Happy new year lushes :-)

Yep I've drunk loads in the last week or so, I can feel the urge to do an alcohol free month coming up, it just hasn't quite arrived yet!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, try February, it's only 29 days this year....
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options

lol!
    I'm going to try no alcohol january or at least very little. I drank pretty much every night in december and paid for it with about a 10lb gain - boo!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hung. Over.

I'll write more when I don't feel like such crap.
  • yvonnej1
    Options

I love your reasoning, a prime example of why you are an excellent friend to have on here :wink: . I was thinking of Feb, but hadn't thought about it being shorter :noway:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Cheers Lushes!!!
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Well last night New Years Eve, I was sober... I had a sinus infection and didn't feel like drinking.. so boytoy got drunk and I drove us home.. First time in years I wasn't drunk and don't remember the new year coming in
  • rjadams
    Options
    I drank a lot on the plane coming home but I didnt drink much when I got home. I poured a cognac but only had a couple of sips and went to bed at 9:30. I am such the party girl:laugh:
  • twyrm
    twyrm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Leaving for Mexican beach on Tuesday. All inclusive, I know I will probably drink everyday which is not my usual style, but I will also be on a beautiful beach with snorkeling, swimming, walking and a full gym at my disposal. Here's hoping I can balance it out. I made it through the holidays with out gaining anything (didn't lose either, but I'll consider that a win). Still haven't decided if I will be careful about logging in, or if I will just enjoy and try not to get too carried away. Advice?
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Having drinks and good cheer on this New Years day I have been on here since March and have never stopped drinking long term. I just eat less and workout more. I save it for the weekdends. It's Party time!!! Happy New Year!! Life is good. I wish you all great success!! Cheers!!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Leaving for Mexican beach on Tuesday. All inclusive, I know I will probably drink everyday which is not my usual style, but I will also be on a beautiful beach with snorkeling, swimming, walking and a full gym at my disposal. Here's hoping I can balance it out. I made it through the holidays with out gaining anything (didn't lose either, but I'll consider that a win). Still haven't decided if I will be careful about logging in, or if I will just enjoy and try not to get too carried away. Advice?

Enjoy yourself! Just watch your portions, stick with light beer and shots (no cocktails w/juice) get in some nice long walks - and HAVE FUN!!

My day changed. I was bummed about not drinking - and being a baby. My husband suggested I finish off the wine from Friday - 1/2 bottle......now that I know I CAN, I'm not sure I want to. If I think I can't - I have a really hard time with it. Gawd.
    He's not trying to "sabatoge" me either, he knows I'm struggling and is trying to be supportive......said maybe he'd try not to drink much in January either.
  • JohnyGoose
    Options
    I'll drink to that. Cheers to all.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Friday=2 margs, one beer 2 vodka sodas
    Saturday = 6 drinks
    Wine pairing with each course. So good. Thinking of a bloody Mary. Why not?
  • loisd82
    loisd82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hehe, liking this group, lol!! I do enjoy a nice glass of red at the end of the day every now and again. I can't have too much at the moment as i'm BF so limited to a glass on a fri and sat, but with no excuse when little dude no longer wants me i can tell i'll be upping it to more like a couple on the weekend!! i'm hoping that MFP will keep me in line though as the only drink i enjoy is red wine and it's 180 cals a glass!!!!!!

My NYR's did include giving up the vino completely but i'm not sure i want to. It's my little treat at the end of the week :D
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello lushes! Been awhile since I've seen you all. December was a wild ride but I actually managed to maintain under 180!
    We are shooting for 10 days "off" in January, that's as much as we can commit to right now. Bunch of lushes in this house
  • rjadams
    Options
    vodka... chocolate... vodk... chocolate,,,

oh hell I give up.
  • rjadams
    Options
    So for those of you who wonder what I might have looked like when I was 35 years old and thin. Here is your opportunity.
    me.jpg

If I can get back to the weight I will look good but I do have another 16 years on me now. :wink:
  • rjadams
    Options
    okay so where have all the lushes gone?
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Oh dear, I was planning to cut back on alcohol the rest of the week as drinking and eating soo much over Christmas has made me squishy and affected my workouts, but I just thought sod it and opened a bottle of red to go with dinner. Think I need to go back to not keeping alcohol in the house and only buying it when planned for.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous picture, Robyn! I am here but battling a stomach bug so probably no drinking tonight.