Online Dating

Options

Replies

• calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I think I finally might have found the guy that's going to let me get off the online dating scene. Went out the first time last night. Date number two is tonight. Not wasting any time! :) And no stupid games!

How'd it go??

Im going to guess and say it went well since she is not online.
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've gone on three dates with guys I met on online dating sites. One was comedically awful!! (he actually asked me if I'd ever been hand-cuffed, and if I had a zombie apocalypse survival plan!). The other guy I went on two dates with, but he (unfortunately) thought my consenting to kiss him was an invitation for a lot more... which, as it turns out, was all he was after.

But aside from just the random experiences, every match that didn't contact me, or didn't respond, just felt like more rejection. I don't need more of that... I had to call it quits.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think I finally might have found the guy that's going to let me get off the online dating scene. Went out the first time last night. Date number two is tonight. Not wasting any time! :) And no stupid games!

How'd it go??

Im going to guess and say it went well since she is not online.

LOL Cal. I was not online but it didn't go THAT well. I got home at 1am after another fabulous time. I am pretty confident my online profile will be poofing soon. :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :mad: I was too and then he poofed on me.. not being a debbie downer but i'm still bitter about it!!! i was supposed to wear a pretty sparkly dress and shake my *kitten* all night tonight with him! MFer!!!
  • calvert6183
    Options
    Whats all this poofing going on? I seen alot of poofing used in this site. @Pedmom, so it did go well or didnt? @LA_Amazona, he is a idiot for missing out on some nice *kitten* shaking from you. So, what is everyone getting into tonight? For me, I predict drinking, making out with a trash can, and passing out.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Whats all this poofing going on? I seen alot of poofing used in this site. @Pedmom, so it did go well or didnt? @LA_Amazona, he is a idiot for missing out on some nice *kitten* shaking from you. So, what is everyone getting into tonight? For me, I predict drinking, making out with a trash can, and passing out.

Sounds like a plan!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    LOL @ the trash can Cal. Yes, it went VERY well! We are seeing each other tomorrow (cooking dinner together-big deal right?!) after going out Thursday and Friday. He had plans tonight. I had plans and cancelled because I'm too tired from being out until 1am with him the last two nights to do anything. I will be in bed early tonight lol
  • calvert6183
    Options
    LOL @ the trash can Cal. Yes, it went VERY well! We are seeing each other tomorrow (cooking dinner together-big deal right?!) after going out Thursday and Friday. He had plans tonight. I had plans and cancelled because I'm too tired from being out until 1am with him the last two nights to do anything. I will be in bed early tonight lol

@gupton82, I already got a good start, just waiting on my friends to get here. Its going to be fun. @PedmomJill, Im glad to hear it went well. He better be good to you. Cooking diner? Damn, I need to find me a one of those. I did had one girl who cooked but I would have rather slammed by left bal in the door than to eat her cooking. She used to make meatloaf, I so would feed it to the dog under the table when she wasnt looking. Once I paid her child to eat it. Thinking about it makes me want to go ahead and make out with the trash can.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    poofers suck!!!!

i'm going to my bff's familys party tonight.. i plan to get a little tipsy and maybe shake my *kitten* there. take that poofer!! i wanna make out with a trash can too :(

pedmom- sounds like ya'll are realllllllllllllllly into each other!! :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    LOL Cal. I raised two kids that always ate my cooking, so I must be okay. Not a magic chef by any means, but I can manage. He's grilling steaks and I'm doing potatoes and veggie, so it's nothing difficult.
  • ArnonsaeJ
    ArnonsaeJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I hate the poofers!!! You think things are going so well, then they don't have the guts to say 'hey I met someone else'! Happened to me in college once and it really ticked me off. :explode:

There's this guy I've been talking to for a couple months now that I met through a mutual online game we play. I just hate finding myself liking people who live more than a week ends trip away. But I called him last night and he was making fun of me for playing mario and reading on new years to the people he was partying with. Was having a nice fun evening until I got off the phone. Alcohol probably didn't help the feelings any, lol. I'm not a go out to bars by myself kind of person and I don't show up to places I'm not invited to.
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I tried POF and OkCupid, and neither worked for me. All the guys I met either were stuck on their ex-girlfriends and just looking for a hookup or they'd poof after they'd find someone else.

OkCupid does have more decent people than POF though, but I just made a platonic friendship on there. I deleted both accounts and decided to fly solo for the time being. My best friend however, made an OkCupid account as a joke, (wrote some silly things on all the sections and put her profile photo as her with a scream mask) and ended up finding someone perfect for her within four days. So, I guess if you're not taking it too seriously you can have luck with online dating, but I probably wouldn't try it again.
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    There's this guy I've been talking to for a couple months now that I met through a mutual online game we play. I just hate finding myself liking people who live more than a week ends trip away. But I called him last night and he was making fun of me for playing mario and reading on new years to the people he was partying with. Was having a nice fun evening until I got off the phone. Alcohol probably didn't help the feelings any, lol. I'm not a go out to bars by myself kind of person and I don't show up to places I'm not invited to.

This is the problem with the internet! I have met someone online (not from a dating site) and he lives so far away. There's not really a future there, yet we continue talking. And I was completely up front when we started chatting, about how distance was a deal breaker, yet the more we talk, the more we seem to like each other. This is headed for disaster! Gah! What do you do!!!!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    @Vox, I agree. I met someone years ago from a dating site and he lived about a 90 minute drive away. It lasted 6 months and I ended it when it was clear that neither of us was in a position to be able to move. A 3 hour+ roundtrip every weekend was just too hard.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    @Vox I know what you are talking about. Last boyfriend I met on twitter. He was back in my homestate (which I plan to move back to) and we meet in person when I went back on vacation. We thought we would try a long distance relationship since we were always talking and had a lot in common. Then I had a snafu with work and when it was allowing me to take time off I had planned to go back and he just shut down at that point. The not being able to see eachother is such a big hurdle that I don't think it is easy to by-pass and both parties have to be truely willing to go into it.
  • vox23
    Options
    @missingMinnes The guy I'm talking to is a 24 drive from me! We are planning to meet in person this spring, but then what? I keep telling him that it's not bothering me right now, but what if we meet and hit it off really well? It's like heartbreak waiting to happen. Maybe you have to look at it for what it is, a nice distraction until you meet someone local, but then is that really fair to either of you? Frick.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    @vox yeah that is pretty much what happened. I am an 18 hour drive from MN (mapquest says 20 but I did it in 18). When the whole I thing about me not being able to come home at Christmas came up I also got the feeling that he was interested in someone that is close to him. We said we would remain friends and if we are both single when I move back see what happens but I haven't really talked to him since we broke it off. A happy birthday message to him and maybe one or two other messages but that is it. I think unless one of you will be willing to move in the future it is a dead end.

One of my goals for this year is to stop falling for guys that live 100s miles away from me and find someone local. My rebound flirt was even 10 hours away from me.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't even look at or chat or anything with anyone that I can't feasibly get to. Makes it much easier.
  • vox23
    Options
    That's generally my stance too, except we didn't start talking with anything other than random casual friendly talk... it's just lead to something. I don't think either of us had any intentions to start liking each other in the beginning.
  • calvert6183
    Options
    Personally for me, love knows no distance. I would rather meet an amazing loyal woman anywhere than one that is not amazing that lives close by. Good loyal and honest people are very hard to find these days so I think its silly to say no to one because of distance. Thats just me. I find that women close are just as likely to cheat as one that lives far. How many of you have heard people say this "I dont have a ring on my finger", even when in a relationship? Just because one lives far, doesn't mean far forever. I dont like clingy women so distance is good for me. I have work, hobbies, and friends. It can work if you talk on the phone everyday, send pics,, video chat, and whatnot. Last thing, you sure do really appreciate someone more when you dont get to see them everyday.