Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Gryffindor :) What a rollercoaster of a week weight-wise, at least it evened out!

Last Monday: 148.0 lbs
    Today: 148.2 lbs
    Newts: 0 points
    Owls: 0 Points
    House Points: Monday, Dec 26th to Sunday, Jan 1st totalled 325 Minutes = 325 Points
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    MindyBlack is our Quidditch Captain for December! She lost the highest percentage of weight.

Prefect decisions will resume this week :)
    Well done MindyBlack, you deserve it. :smile:

(I'm just sucking up so you don't make me do Quidditch practice in the rain)
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Love the new ticker and avatar ideas, Bron :D
  • Honeybee511
    Honeybee511 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Sorry it is late! My 7 month old daughter has not been feeling well so I brought her into the dr this am. Said tha tshe may have the stomach bug that is going around. Poor baby! :(
    cw- 166, ate really bad over the weekend.
    hp-490
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    MindyBlack is our Quidditch Captain for December! She lost the highest percentage of weight.

Thanks!! I just now saw this. Ok, you don't have to practice in the rain but the windchill here is 8 degrees F. (That's dang cold) I think the team needs to head out to the pitch, pronto! You can wear your warmest robes though.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Had a spiffy NSV I wanted to share. My mom decided I needed new jeans, since mine were falling off me. So we went shopping, I was trying on jeans and grabbed a size 12. I tried them on and they were snug but fit. When I looked at the tag I was shocked, they were mislabeled and were actually a Junior's size 9! I couldn't believe it! I don't think I've ever fit in single digit sized jeans!!!
    Things like that are so motivational. Congratulations!
    [/quote]

Yes, I love to hear stories like that, so that's TWO NSVs for you.

Well done on getting into size nines AND on motivating the entire GRYFFINDOR house! :bigsmile:

Thanks guys, but FYI you all are the ones who motivate me every day to reach these goals. I :heart: all my Gryffindors!!!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Had a spiffy NSV I wanted to share. My mom decided I needed new jeans, since mine were falling off me. So we went shopping, I was trying on jeans and grabbed a size 12. I tried them on and they were snug but fit. When I looked at the tag I was shocked, they were mislabeled and were actually a Junior's size 9! I couldn't believe it! I don't think I've ever fit in single digit sized jeans!!!

wtg! that is an awesome surprise for you! keep up the great work
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    CW: 139.5
    GW: 137

HP: 895
  • j_hark1022
    j_hark1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've taken a break from challenges for a while, but new year means new goals! I've been sick for the past few days and have lost almost 7lbs in 4 days, and I'm assuming that'll go back up when I can actually eat more than once a day. I was going to use my current weight as 206, which was my last recorded weight before I got sick, but I can't remember the day. If it would be more fair to use my current sick weight (200), that's fine. Hope everyone had a safe and fun new year! Looking forward to getting back to my goals and using my new HRM!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I've taken a break from challenges for a while, but new year means new goals! I've been sick for the past few days and have lost almost 7lbs in 4 days, and I'm assuming that'll go back up when I can actually eat more than once a day. I was going to use my current weight as 206, which was my last recorded weight before I got sick, but I can't remember the day. If it would be more fair to use my current sick weight (200), that's fine. Hope everyone had a safe and fun new year! Looking forward to getting back to my goals and using my new HRM!

I'd use your current weight just because everyone has issues like being sick once in a while and it'll even out eventually :)

I hope you feel better soon tho!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Gryffindors!!! :) I've come back to school and am eager to start getting these excessive lbs off!!!

Starting weight for me is 178.6

Hope everyone's had wonderful holidays! Looking forward to getting to know all of you :flowerforyou:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 week 2 of c25k today. Why is it that 90 seconds of jogging seems sooo much more tiring than 60 seconds? Doesn't help that the streets in my neighborhood are on a slight incline. Blah!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    If you're lucky enough to be a part of Pottermore Beta, and haven't been on for awhile, you should go check it out again! Dueling is up and super fun, and the potion brewing doesn't take as long so it's a bit more fun.

I'm excited :)
  • TourThePast
    Options

Thanks!! I just now saw this. Ok, you don't have to practice in the rain but the windchill here is 8 degrees F. (That's dang cold) I think the team needs to head out to the pitch, pronto! You can wear your warmest robes though.
    Wow you're a tough Captain, that's minus thirteen degrees, I think I'd need more than warm robes!

Some form of "cosy spell" might be in order... :bigsmile:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Okay, replaced the scale's battery. My January starting weight is 181.5. Boo.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    Okay, replaced the scale's battery. My January starting weight is 181.5. Boo.
    Never look back, all that matters is what you eat today. :)
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm back from the craziness that was December and the Christmas hols, and dismaying that I have gained back all the weight I lost last summer and then some. But I have new resolve, and as of Sunday I am tracking my food and making healthier choices. If it's not too late I'd like to submit my January starting weight - 225.25 (ugh).

My goals this month are to eat clean - i.e. avoid overly processed foods as much as possible (which will, I hope, limit my consumption of refined flour and sugar products) - and choose more whole, unprocessed foods. I will also be starting up with my taekwondo again this weekend, and I hope to get back to running when it's not bitter cold outside (today the high temps are in the low 30s with wind chills in the teens - yowch!). I'm not going to promise that I'll be doing all the OWLs and NEWTs but I'll try.
  • TourThePast
    Options
    I'm back from the craziness that was December and the Christmas hols, and dismaying that I have gained back all the weight I lost last summer and then some. But I have new resolve, and as of Sunday I am tracking my food and making healthier choices. If it's not too late I'd like to submit my January starting weight - 225.25 (ugh).
    Welcome and well done for coming back.

I'm not surprised you did, us Gryffindors aren't quitters! :smile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I'm having a super hard time getting back into a routine! Last night I made out a daily schedule to follow (roughly) such as when to do yoga and have breakfast, blah blah. When I don't have the structure I lose focus. My goal is to actually test it out tomorrow and tweak it if necessary. And unpack. It's silly that it hasn't happened yet! :)
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm having a super hard time getting back into a routine! Last night I made out a daily schedule to follow (roughly) such as when to do yoga and have breakfast, blah blah. When I don't have the structure I lose focus. My goal is to actually test it out tomorrow and tweak it if necessary. And unpack. It's silly that it hasn't happened yet! :)

you can do anything you put your mind to! i believe in you