What makes you to OVEREAT?

Options

Replies

• redstuff
    redstuff Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat the wrong things and too much of them when I'm tired. I know that I should eat the grapes instead of the cookie or the crackers, but when I'm tired the cookie and crackers call to me!!!
    Stress makes it happen too.
  • lady_phx
    Options
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!
    [/quote

- think we are twins! I do eat for everything but the thing that make me eat more is when im pretty mad!

This pretty much covers it for me, too.
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bored, depressed, angry, stressed, "don't -care" attitude, and out by myself.
  • stickyb
    Options
    couldnt of said it better
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I sign off on everything that's been said before and add that I will overeat instead of "wasting" food. So if the kids don't want it, "I'll eat it!" If its approaching it expiration date, "I'll eat it!" Put me in front of a buffet, "I'm a beast!" Embarassing but this is my truth!!!
  • PINKSPARKLEQUEEN1965
    Options
    It seems always when im stressed.. tired <3 this is no excuse ... and as im getting older Im learning this has been going on for over 40 years its time to change this destructive behavior im not so puffed up with pride that I cant admit my bad behavior and I'm not going back to that lifestyle anymore.. done with it.. over 10 years ago I was done with cigarettes finally. well now im done with overeating .. If I really want to take care of my Holy temple that God gave me.. it apply s to food as well. sometimes we tend to sugar coat Our addictions because we justify the fact that its food not a drug, but what I have learned about myself is food can be a drug of choice too. in our life's . so I'm not letting that destruction destroy my health my commitment 2012 is to be thy true to thyself..<)
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth!!! I absolutely feel the same way! :frown:
  • angieread
    angieread Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

YOU TOO????
  • nashienash
    nashienash Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Nash and I'm a Chocoholic. :drinker:
  • aimfocused
    Options
    Anxiety and in final times :)) Oh, I'd accept to take all my final exams in the same day and get rid of the stress it makes! And so the extra calories from sugar containing foods :)
  • ericamichelle2
    ericamichelle2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is boredom. If I am home alone with nothing to do, I grab food and sit in front of the TV.

Also, when I get emotional--sad, angry, whatever--food is my savior. It helps me to forget.
  • thagberg2011
    thagberg2011 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Alot of things make me overeat. Stress, boredom, emotional eating. I now have recognized the issue and now I have to change. My turnto foods are sweets, cookies, cakes, brownies, etc. Its never just one serving either. I have sat down and went through a whole package of oreos. I WANT to Change!!! I signed up for overeaters meetings and I have to start to train my portions to be less.
  • crobertson87
    crobertson87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always joke with my friends and husband that I eat for every emotion! LOL more so lately it's been boredom. On my day off, if I don't plan something to keep me out of the house for most of the day then I end up snacking ALL DAY.
  • KDWS
    KDWS Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I am sad bored and when whatever I am eating is so good.....WHen I am sad I am looking for that instant gratification of happiness so I turn to food...a cupcake or choloate taste goods smells good and makes me happy....when i am bored i tend to eat chips and soda the task of eating the chips drinking the soda occupies my time and when what I am eating is good..its like I eat like I am never going to have the oppotunity to eat that item again in my life...WTH???
  • stephcave30
    stephcave30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend travels for work...when he leaves on Monday and I know he won't be back till Friday, something happens and I usually eat terribly after he leaves. I guess it's from loneliness.
  • chunkygirl29
    chunkygirl29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat so much junk when I'm bored, stressed or angry. It doesn't help that I have tons of junk at home that my boyfriend brings.
  • erinrose07
    Options
    Bed time. I get anxious about sleeping alone I suppose. Also....if I have too much wine and get a buzz I get carried away
  • erinrose07
    Options
    I think for those of us who responded with boredom, it sometimes even goes deeper than that. We're usually bored when we're alone with time on our hands and nothing to do with it. Maybe the feeling of being alone with nothing to do makes us feel uncomfortable, and so we reach for comfort such as food and tv to soothe us. We have to find other ways of self soothing....like maybe a bath, a book with some chamomile tea.....I need to take my own advice, lol
  • kkelann
    kkelann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What makes me overeat?
    ====================
    1- If the food is really yummy I eat WAY MORE than I should
    2- If I wait until I am really hungry
    3- Boredom
    4- Cakes and pastries are irresistable
    5- Food makes me feel good
    6- I like eating
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I get really hungry after a long walk, I am also guilty of eating cake and biscuit mixture when I am baking. The kids sweets look, and taste so nice too!
    I love the taste os food too, it is so nice, and unlike smokers, there is no alternative to food!!