Like Minded Lushes- January 2012

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Showtime ended up costing us nothing because we cancelled in 3days!! We went the Netflix route last year to catch up...we streamed though our Wii!!! So this year we waited until the season was over to order it!
    That is affordable. So you can watch showtime shows on demand as a subscriber?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Showtime ended up costing us nothing because we cancelled in 3days!! We went the Netflix route last year to catch up...we streamed though our Wii!!! So this year we waited until the season was over to order it!
    That is affordable. So you can watch showtime shows on demand as a subscriber?

YUPPERS!! It was awesome...although I dreamed of Dexter nightly due to watching so much of it, haha!!!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES Dexter. I've tried to get into it, but I just can't. Dexter sure is handsome though!!!! I love my True Blood....please tell me some of you girls watch that! It's my fave show, hands down.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted more shows. LOL. Because I had more, but didn't want to seem like that is all I ever did!! Haha. The rest of the shows I watch are: Shameless, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Sons of Anarchy, Modern Family (Love Eric Stonestreet, he's from KS!), Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, Four Weddings, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars.....and I'm stopping. That's all I can think of (there are more!), but my goodness....my life revolves around DVRing!

Mine too. dh gets so mad because I have so much that is recording all the time. I have like 64 timers set up. :blushing: I don't always watch everything. I have a TV watching addiction. good thing the treadmill is right in front of the TV
  • rjadams
    Options
    I've been home for an hour and I am exhausted. Ritter has sooooo much puppy energy. I need a drink.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Does Bodi wear him out. That's the beauty of having 2 dogs.

Friday, BIG FAT 0

Now, the ear is clogged, sore, tingling. Holy moly, this sucks!!
  • twyrm
    twyrm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Leaving for Mexican beach on Tuesday. All inclusive, I know I will probably drink everyday which is not my usual style, but I will also be on a beautiful beach with snorkeling, swimming, walking and a full gym at my disposal. Here's hoping I can balance it out. I made it through the holidays with out gaining anything (didn't lose either, but I'll consider that a win). Still haven't decided if I will be careful about logging in, or if I will just enjoy and try not to get too carried away. Advice?

Ok, made it back, hating the cold and missing the beach, but otherwise, not bad. Didn't log a thing for 10 days, ate everything I wanted and drank every day. Lots of beer, numerous cocktails and wine for dinner. Several times all in the same day. Whew! I did walk and swim quite a bit. Good news is I only gained 2 pounds. Back to logging and trying to stay away from the starches. I actually said these words, "I'm tired of eating." Who would ever have thought that could happen! LOL!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    where'd ya go? sounds heavenly
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am so excited to have found you, I am a fellow lush as well. I know that if I didn't drink, I'd probably drop all this extra weight with no problem, but I don't want to give up my wine (and lately vodka).

Last night I had 4 very stiff Vodka/Diet 7-Up/Diet Cranberry juice concoctions. I don't even want to know how many calories that was...

I am fairly new to MFP and would love to have some more friends! Esp those who understand why I love my drinks and who don't judge me for it :)

Oh, and RJ Adams, that is one adorable puppy! Both of your fur babies look so sweet.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES Dexter. I've tried to get into it, but I just can't. Dexter sure is handsome though!!!! I love my True Blood....please tell me some of you girls watch that! It's my fave show, hands down.

Oh my god! I LOVE Trueblood!!! It really is one of absolute favorite shows!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 2 wines
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 0 drinks

Total: 2 drinks

Wow, my best week ever :happy: I am assuming that tomorrow will be a 0 as well. I will attempt to make tomorrow's shift especially since I have about 6 hours left of PTO and it is precious. :embarassed:
  • twyrm
    twyrm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We went to the Mayan Riviera, south of Playa del Carmen. It is amazing.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Lots of vino last night, hung ... over :sick: Might be going out to dinner tonight, going to try and be good but the place we're thinking of going has thee best bread not to mention the scrumptious olive oil and red wine vinegar to dip it in :smile: Might just get a salad but they do have some killer chicken and mussels. If it wasn't for the fiancé sticking with his daily work out I probably would not have kicked my butt in gear and rode my bike, BUT, I did :glasses:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Snow. :ohwell: Glad we got the Costco trip done before it started coming down. Things are really covered. Ritter is not quite sure what to make of it. Bodi loves it of course. :love:

So I am thinking hot apple cider and brandy or maybe hot buttered rum.

I finally got my Keurig so I will have coffee in the morning. Yay!

Have a great weekend and gooooo Broncos!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - I'm gonna say ........8 beers.......
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Rock on *Zippo* :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I LOVE True Blood and Dexter!!

Many beers consumed this weekend so far. Some local MD stuff on Friday night and yesterday for lunch. Blue Moon (a lot of it) last night.

Oh, 1/2 a bottle of wine yesterdaybtoo.

More beer today during football.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Split 2 bottles of champagne with the fiancé last night and went to bed pretty early for us on a Saturday. Not so patiently waiting for our game this afternoon, my Pack against the fiancés Gmen. Either way it's not going to be a good night here and since he's got tomorrow off there may be some alcohol consumption.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Drank on Friday night, but none last night and I'm not planning on any tonight either.

My friend is coming home from California next weekend to celebrate her 25th birthday, so I'm going to try and be extra good this week so I have plenty of cals for tons of drinking next Saturday night!!! Then, the following weekend is my birthday weekend...so 2 big drinking weekends ahead of me!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    So....I swore I'd be better about drinking less this month (didn't actually make a resolution, just told myself to drink less)...didn't really work...I guess I can say that I had 2 days this week I DIDN'T drink...that's less right?? Lol

Working on a Captain Morgan Private stock and Pepsi max as I type...yummy!!

twyrm - Mayan Riviera sounds awesome!! I'm so jealous - haven't had a vacation since my oldest daughter was 10 - she's 21 now :noway: So wrong....