Welcome!!! (Introduce Yourselves)

Options

Replies

• FierceFitBeautiful
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kayla, I'm 19 and I'm a nursing major at a Maine university :) I've been battling with this "tire" I've had my whole life... I have great legs (not to toot my own horn!) great back and shoulders, but this dang ring around my middle! I'm finally getting rid of it :)

5'3.5"
    CW: 136
    GW: 115-120

I'm passionate about helping other college students stay healthy during their education! I've learned a lot of really good tips/tricks and I love learning about new ideas!
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!! I'm Sophie and I'm a junior at Penn State university. I'm currently majoring in Biology and Physiology and applying to medical schools.
    As a former high school volleyball player and cheerleader, I look forward to getting back into the shape I was once in.

You girls all seem awesome!

My SW was about 160 when I started.
    GW: 130-135
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Nicolette (as you probably noticed by my username!). I'm currently a freshman at UW Madison studying Biology and Psychology. I've been on this dieting road a time or two (or three...or four...) but this time I'm determined to follow through! I'm hoping that this group will be helpful to me, as well as to everyone else trying to lose weight.

I"m not really sure what to say about myself. I love softball, I used to play all year for the Racine Belles (yes, the team from A League of Their Own). I have asthma, too, and I try very hard to not let it hold me back. If you ever need someone to talk to or just want to get to know me, message me and I'll be happy to get to know you too!

Good luck to everyone, and remember: no matter what the scale says, you'll always be beautiful!

Height: 5 foot 4
    CW: 152
    GW: 130
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Neve (short for Gwenevere) and I'm a mortuary science major in southern California. This is my last semester of the program, but I need to survive walking past those vending machines between classes or driving past McDonald's in those cold mornings! I'm a boredom eater and between these places and late night study sessions at Denny's... gah!

5' 5.5"
    SW: 170.5
    CW: 162.5
    GW: 120
  • boinkers
    boinkers Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a second semester senior now (eek!) and a biology major. I've pretty much been heavy my whole life, with a max weight of 180 in my senior year of high school. I lost a lot of weight around sophomore year of college, but I've been stuck at my current weight since then. I want to lose weight again, and feel confident and attractive in wherever life after college leads me.

CW: 141
    GW: 120

Height: 5' 2" (almost)
  • tatiannajanel
    tatiannajanel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This was a great idea! So, I'm Tatianna. I'm a freshman international studies major at USF. I'm 5'4 and currently 155lbs. I would love to be 135, but I'm going to strive for 125. I'm in a bet so I sorta have to lose the weight now or I'm out $250. I have some rolls that need to go and I just want to feel comfortable in my clothes. I don't want to hit the large sizes and I want to fit in a size 4-6 jeans. Yeah, that would be awesome!
  • danicool9590
    danicool9590 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am Danielle I am an Elementary and Early Childhood Education Major concentrating in English at SUNY New Paltz
    I am working on this its going to be a struggle when I get back to school next week! Meal Plans SUCK! Hopefully its not too hard I will be bringing my Zumba DVD's back to school with me!
  • britanniabear14
    britanniabear14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Brittany! Im a sophomore currently attending school in Maine. I've never been a part of an online weight loss community before but Im excited to do this and finally see some progress. Im glad this group exists since being in college offers similar challenges for us hopefully we can really help each other. I just joined mfp so I don't have many friends yet, add me so we can make 2012 our best year ever! :)

5' 6"
    SW: 227
    CW: 221
    GW:160
  • kmerc781
    kmerc781 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    This is the first group i joined on here! I am heading back to school tomorrow and need some motivation to workout and eat healthy!

Height 5' 6.5"

SW:179
    CW:169
    GW:150

I would love to hear from anyone! Friend me on here! My site is lonely!

Kelly

14448500.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sanjaccheer1
    Options
    Hey!!
    I'm Jenna, I go to San Jacinto Community College. Just started my second semester going to get a technical degree for instrumentation. My junior year in high school i was a cheerleader with the extreme workouts i lost weight really quick. Senior year came around and i stopped cheer leading it was my passion but i continued with art my second love. SInce i was little i have always struggled with my weight. In August i realized i was at my highest ever weight and was disappointed with my self. This school year i started new and trying to find great and positive people to be around. Hopefully i can find some people here :D

SW:210
    CW:186
    GW: 160
    H: 5'7"
  • Xaviira
    Xaviira Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

I'm Janel, and I'm in my second year at the University of Alberta, doing a double major in Computer Science and Psychology. I've been recently diagnosed with GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) and I know my weight is making it much worse, to the point that I need prescription pills to manage it. As a young teenager, I felt so fat and heavy (I was 5'3 and 130lbs - If I could only go back in time and kick myself.) that I figured it didn't really matter what I ate, because I was already unattractive. All these years later, I'm paying the price for it. I'm ready to finally undo my mistakes and shed this weight - I want to get off the pills, look great for my boyfriend and have more energy for those long nights of studying!

I've got my best friend, who has the same condition, doing this with me, but I can always use more support! Glad to meet all of you!

SW: 210
    CW: 204
    GW:140 (For now. I'll see how I feel when I get closer to 140.)

Height: 5'3
  • justgiggle
    justgiggle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rachel. I'm a second semester sophomore studying Early Childhood Education/Development at East Tennessee State. I've been logging and exercising for a while now. Since I mostly was doing this through my phone app, I had no idea there were groups or a forum (lol). I recently started getting on the website, after my friend told me there was one, and reading some of the success stories to keep me motivated. I haven't ever been very over weight, but I do look very out of shape (and feel it too!).

I used to be a competitive gymnast and felt very disgusted with my body after the pounds kept coming once I quit. From 9th to 10th grade I went from a size 3 to size 7, and continued all the way to pushing an 11 through the rest of high school. I have a very small frame, so I looked pretty bad. With the start of college I watched what I ate more, so instead of freshman 15, I lost 5 pounds. Other than that I hadn't made much progress until I joined here through the recommendation of my best friend.

SW: 145
    CW: 138
    GW: 115

The goal weight may sound weird, but I have small frame, and that's my recommended weight.. ugh x.x
    Sorry If I bored you reading this =P
  • mester09
    mester09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Nicole. Currently a junior at UGA studying political science. I've spent most of my middle school and all of my highschool years being self conscious about being heavier. When I first went to college I lost a lot of weight but after taking a semester off I have put a lot of it back on so I'm hoping to finally be comfortable in my own skin in time for my 21st birthday this year.

SW- 175
    CW- 168
    GW- 135
    H - 5'2"

Feel free to friend me because I love to help motivate and be motivated!
  • kbf2107
    kbf2107 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Before I introduce myself can I just say how happy I am that a group like this exists? One of my best friends and I started our weight loss journey when we got back from winter break, but it's nice having a much larger support system!

But anyway, my name is Keyanah and I'm a sophomore at Columbia University. I'm always SUPER busy with reading, papers, class, and work, so I never thought I would be able to lose weight during the school year. I try to lose weight during the summer, but that just turns into a fail.

But I want to look and feel great, and for the first time, I want those things for MYSELF...not to impress or attract boys (although that would be a nice bonus). I've only been working out and dieting for two weeks, but I already feel a lot better because every time I work out, I view it as an act of love...for myself, and everyone embarking on their own weight loss journey should do the same. :-)

CW: 185
    GW: 145
    Height: 5'2

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    CW: 170
    Goal: 130-140
    Height: 5' 6"

Looking for befriend some people with similar stature in order to commiserate! lol
  • Noneypoo
    Options
    Hi Lovely Ladies,

My name is Alisa, 23 from Pennsylvania. I'm a second year Masters student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign hoping to graduate this May. I have been battling with my weight since I entered Undergrad. No one warned about the Freshmen 15, Sophomore 15, Junior 15 and Senior 15 but that's another story. I am hoping to make it to my goal weight by the end of summer this year. Type II Diabetes, Colon cancer and heart disease run in my family so I am trying to prevent myself from progressing to that state. I love volleyball, swimming and working out. Thank you for making this group!!!:smile:

SW: 219
    CW:216
    Height: 5'1"
    Goal Weight: 145-150

16071734.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • CLeighSa
    CLeighSa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm CLeigh!

Hoping I can get some support on this thing! :)

I'm a 4th year in college (Psych and Nursing major), and I've lost almost 30 lbs in the past year. Even though that's a pretty good number to have lost, I'm still on my journey towards losing even more weight (little by little). I've been overweight for as long as I can remember, and I'm so, so tired of it. So, here I am! Thanks for creating this group, and please "add me"!
  • MUZICAL
    Options
    Hi! My name is Andrea Swartz, I'm a music education major at VCSU in North Dakota.

CW: 205
    GW: 180

Last year I weight 230 lbs, so I've lost a lot already but I want to keep going! It's so hard with my classes, family, and trying to have a social life to try to find time to work out! But I plan on keeping going!! So glad I found this group!
  • kyrakoala
    Options
    Hello, I'm Kyra! I'm a Social Work major and ASL/Deaf studies minor at the University of Iowa :)

End of my first semester as a freshman I was 195, but I've lost weight since then.

CW: 171.2 lbs
    GW: 155 ish

I'm on my school's Collegiate Team for Taekwondo and I'm looking to drop a weight class, but whatever weight I'm at where I can compete my best is what I'm interested in! :)
  • MaikaShen
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shen. I'm taking up a Business Administration major in Computer Applications at a college in the Philippines :) I'm 21 and will be graduating (hopefully) on October of next year. I've been fat since I was 10, and last week I just realized I don't want to be fat anymore.

SW: 173 lbs
    CW: 170
    GW: 125-130 (and then I'll go from there)
    Height: 5'3"