Stage 7 Questions (the final countdown)

Options
This is the final stage in the journey, not saying you can't start all over again!!

Please post your questions here.

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Has anyone started this stage yet? I was just looking at the workout log and I see it has you doing 15-20 reps of each exercise. Does mean we get to drop down our weight? I can't imagine being able to do that many at the weight I am lifting now. For a lot of the exercises 4 was enough.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It say that it is for fat loss. We will have to lower the weight because some of my weight now are just ok for 4 reps.
  • idauria
    Options
    To be fair I haven't really read ahead yet so my questions were probably a bit premature, lol. But, yeah, it makes total sense that in order to lift for that many reps we'd have to use lower weights. Also, I am assuming that the way to do stage 7 is to do the routines in succession. Monday is workout 1, Wed is workout 2, Fri is #3...etc etc until you're done. So if you do all 12 workouts it should take 4 weeks.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Has anyone started this stage yet? I was just looking at the workout log and I see it has you doing 15-20 reps of each exercise. Does mean we get to drop down our weight? I can't imagine being able to do that many at the weight I am lifting now. For a lot of the exercises 4 was enough.
    Re-read page 133.
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    Starting session 7 today. Weeeeeeeeee :)
  • idauria
    Options
    I just finished the first workout in stage 7. All I can say is that I can't move my legs! It was way more intense than I thought it would be. I tried to do the elliptical afterwards but my legs wouldn't move too fast, lol. I just got on there for 10 mins as a cooldown instead. I am going to be in pain tomorrow. But I like that it's fast paced and keeps up my heart rate. 30 seconds flies by when you're used to resting for 2 minutes. I still feel the endorphin rush but I know in about an hour or so I'm going to need a nap!

Good luck everyone!
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    I just finished the first workout in stage 7. All I can say is that I can't move my legs! It was way more intense than I thought it would be. I tried to do the elliptical afterwards but my legs wouldn't move too fast, lol. I just got on there for 10 mins as a cooldown instead. I am going to be in pain tomorrow. But I like that it's fast paced and keeps up my heart rate. 30 seconds flies by when you're used to resting for 2 minutes. I still feel the endorphin rush but I know in about an hour or so I'm going to need a nap!

Good luck everyone!

I also just finished the first workout. Oh my god it was brutal!!!!!. Very short workout because of the 30 second rest. I had to lower my weight that is for sure. I only squated 90 pounds, did 30degree pushups and used a 30 pounds barbbell to du lunges for exemple. I can arelady predict the need to use tylenol for tomorrow cardio. ouch!!!!
  • idauria
    Options

Good luck everyone!

I also just finished the first workout. Oh my god it was brutal!!!!!. Very short workout because of the 30 second rest. I had to lower my weight that is for sure. I only squated 90 pounds, did 30degree pushups and used a 30 pounds barbbell to du lunges for exemple. I can arelady predict the need to use tylenol for tomorrow cardio. ouch!!!!

You used a barbell for the static lunges? I am weak...I first tried only using 8 lbs but then had to drop to 5s. I don't know why, but that particular exercise is hard for me. Maybe I don't stretch enough but it was rough getting through 4 sets of those. Are you going to go for 12 rounds or stop at 6? I haven't decided yet.
  • Yanicka1
    Options

Good luck everyone!

You used a barbell for the static lunges? I am weak...I first tried only using 8 lbs but then had to drop to 5s. I don't know why, but that particular exercise is hard for me. Maybe I don't stretch enough but it was rough getting through 4 sets of those. Are you going to go for 12 rounds or stop at 6? I haven't decided yet.

Yes I use a barbell for the lunges. At one point, using dumbbell was not going anywhere.....my hands were too weak and I was just hurting my hands rather then working my legs. So I started using a barbell on my shoulders and I was able to up my weight. I am not sure if I will do 6 or 12.....probably 12 since I still have no idea what I will do after NROL4W LOL
  • idauria
    Options

Good luck everyone!

Yes I use a barbell for the lunges. At one point, using dumbbell was not going anywhere.....my hands were too weak and I was just hurting my hands rather then working my legs. So I started using a barbell on my shoulders and I was able to up my weight. I am not sure if I will do 6 or 12.....probably 12 since I still have no idea what I will do after NROL4W LOL

I envy your strength! I don't know why I didn't get as strong as I wanted to with this program. But I am stronger than when I started so that's good. Everyone is different I suppose. Btw, my whole lower body is so sore right now! Thank God for rest days. Don't think I'll even be able to do cardio today.
  • idauria
    Options
    I am still so sore from yesterday's workout. There was no way I could do cardio today. I am not sure I'll even be productive tomorrow. The wimpy side of me wants to skip tomorrow too and do it on Thursday.
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    I am still so sore from yesterday's workout. There was no way I could do cardio today. I am not sure I'll even be productive tomorrow. The wimpy side of me wants to skip tomorrow too and do it on Thursday.

I should do strenght training today but I am still sore from monday. I will see if I do cardio or if I try workout number 2.
  • idauria
    Options

I should do strenght training today but I am still sore from monday. I will see if I do cardio or if I try workout number 2.

I forced myself to get out of bed at 6:15 to work out. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Now I am just more sore, lol. I am not looking forward to repeating Monday's workout on Friday. I think the combination of squats, deadlifts, and the lunges are just so brutal.
  • Janda06
    Janda06 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wow! It's like a heads up for the next stage...LOL!!! I went ahead and started stage 6....It's the complete opposite upper body is dying over here. It hurt my chest and back muscles just to walk yesterday. Lifting my arms up in Zumba was brutal...gahhh. Keep talking about 7 so I'm prepared...haha!!
  • idauria
    Options
    Wow! It's like a heads up for the next stage...LOL!!! I went ahead and started stage 6....It's the complete opposite upper body is dying over here. It hurt my chest and back muscles just to walk yesterday. Lifting my arms up in Zumba was brutal...gahhh. Keep talking about 7 so I'm prepared...haha!!

Well at least you'll be pretty well balanced by time you're done with stage 7! Kudos for doing stage 6. My legs are still sore from Monday's workout.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    I think this is important....after all the work you've done to IMPROVE your STRENGTH, there are still muscles that can be strengthened, even MORE!

And THAT is what I think I'm going to REALLY like about this program!

Good for you. All of you....job(s) well done!
  • idauria
    Options
    Hey ladies. I'm still battling whatever it is that's in my body but I managed to get through all 4 sets of the stage 7 workout. I'm coughing a bit right now but that will hopefully settle down once I am fully cooled down. I hate that I only worked out twice this week but I have really been down for the count. Unfortunately I have used my sickness to fall back into bad snacking habits. But I am done and am resolved to doing better from now on.
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    Hey ladies. I'm still battling whatever it is that's in my body but I managed to get through all 4 sets of the stage 7 workout. I'm coughing a bit right now but that will hopefully settle down once I am fully cooled down. I hate that I only worked out twice this week but I have really been down for the count. Unfortunately I have used my sickness to fall back into bad snacking habits. But I am done and am resolved to doing better from now on.

I am happy that you feel good enought to do a session.

On another news.....I am done with Session 7 yippy
  • idauria
    Options
    I still have this darned cough but I am well enough to get back into it full swing come monday. I only have two sessions left in stage 7 but I think I might do 1-6 again since these past workouts were so spaced out due to being sick. Any idea on what you're doing next?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    I started a "daily chat thread" here at NROL4W group....so, it doesn't have to be specifically related to NROL4W. It's just that we've built such a LARGE community, here, I'm finding it TOUGH to follow everyone around the threads and keep up.

So, thought this "daily chat thread" would be an easy way to keep in touch with all mfp-NROL4W friends!

Come post!