3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Of course we don't mind! We missed you!! :) Glad to have you back!!

Okay, so the ultrasound went okay yesterday. Little miss stubborn was moving around the whole time so the tech had a hard time getting a good 3D image, but she tried at least. She printed out a few pictures, but they're kind of blurry. She had her mouth open for a lot of them. haha! Also, she was so low that the lady had to tilt the bed way back where I felt like I was going to slide off the back so she could try and get Abbie to move out of my pelvis a little bit to measure my cervix. It didn't work so she ended up having to do transvaginal for that part. Which leads me to some concerns and questions for you ladies that are further along. I'm 33 weeks today, but have been having a little bit of dull menstrual cramps off and on, mainly in the evening. Also, some pinchy type sensations in my lady parts. I'm not sure if it's my cervix or what. Then there's the increase in thirst. I've had about 16 glasses of water the past two days and I would think I'd be peeing a LOT more than usual, but it's just the normal amount. Could that be just my body's way of using the water to help with my milk production? I'm just not sure if I should bother calling my doctor or not and ask these questions. I'm going weekly now and have an appointment next Wednesday. Whatcha think?

~Kristy
    33 weeks

Kristy, my tech had to tilt me too! Glad to hear your appt went good, somehow babies aren't cooperating as we didn't get any good profile pix either. I can relate with those pinchy sensations, i think it's the cervix or maybe when these lil girls push up against it. :noway:

Yeah, you should let your doctor know what you've been feeling.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    hey ladies- Okay I can come up for air at least for a few...

Jessica- So how does the hubby like that he had a birthdya right before the baby is born? Somehow birthdays make you refect personally and I was just curious if he'd said anything (since mine is creeping up too) LOL...as far as the car seat we put it on the side where the buckles are and I recieved a list from the hospital that are "certified" car inspectors. haven't done that yet but any fire station checks them as well. As far as being swollen, let me know if you figure out a magic trick to that. I've gotten to the point I can't wear shoes. I wear house slippers. My cankles HURT...THROB...Even tried Raynas recommendation of the cabbage and I didn't see a difference...Ugh

Misti- You are anxious for this baby to get here! LOL!! And I'm INCREDIBLEY jelous tha tyou don't have any stretch marks! How the heck did you swing that? I have a few right around the belly button area and a few more on the side of my hips....BLAH! So did you get your wish of having Aspen on 02/02/12??

Kistin- did you get a chance to go buy some bra's? They aren't top of hte line or anything but definitely will help me get through around the house with all the peeps I'm going to have coming and going! as far as C-sections, hahaha we can be partners on that one. My baby is WAYYYY big....they remeasured him last night and boy does he have a BIG head!!

Luna- How are the contractions? Did you decide when your last day is going to be? Luna your 36 wks and the baby weights 6 lbs 1 oz? I'm not that far behind you Joaquin weighs 5 lbs 6 oz (so far, LOL) what is it with our chubby chubby babies!?! :wink:

Ashely- It's so good to see you on the board and to update us!! WOW what an adventure!! I always love hearing how things went and didn't go!! Love all of Daphne's pictures too!!

Rayna- didn't your due date get bumped already? So it may be bumped sooner now- as in any day now, correct? Did you call your mom and tell her what your doctor told you?? hope your doing well!

Rosanna- Lovin that profie pic!! Way to cute!! makes me wanna kiss those cheeks!! Read your story and I'll need to go post some comments there!! Glad your doing well-

Kristy- Glad you were able to get a few shots of Abbie even if they are blurry. it's just mind boggling what technology finds now a days.

AFM- went to the doctor. My insurance refuses to covery my GD program for an additional 4 weeks so it's going to be me & my Dr diong it together. So far my sugar numbers have been GREAT!! I'm not spilling ketones anymore THANK GOODNESS!! and everything seems to be going according to plan. The baby has grown again and is growing at alarming rate. He had told me before that he was taking the baby early but wouldn't commit to a date. Well yesterday I got in a mood and his nurses agreed so we did a mutiny on him and we all decided that March 5th was going to be the day. The nurse told me not to stress, she process the paperwork and I was all set unless the baby decided to come early! :smooched:

This gives me approx 4-5 weeks to get the few things done. that still leaves my birthday, V day, 3 babyshowers and oh yeah the BABY!! LOL...Not sure how I'm going to swing it- but I'm up for the challenge!

At this point I'm going to try to work right up to my due date - unless doctor tells me otherwise. So I'm thinking my last day of work will be March 2nd???

OOOOOHHH...One more thing I asked about. Do you ladies ever hurt when you swing your legs over the bed or when you open your legs to get in teh car? Dr said that is Pelvic pain & ligament pains. As we get bigger the more its going to hurt. he said to just take it slow- it's our bodies way of indicating that the time is almost here!!

ok, thats it!
    Denise
    34 wks
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    morning ladies!!!

rayna - that is super exciting!!!!! keep us posted!!! maybe mason will be a superbowl sunday baby!!!

brenda - 2 weeks...that is awesome!!! so many babies are making their way into the world soon...i love it!!!

kristy - that is so cute with the mouth open during the ultrasound!!! isnt it so amazing how they are doing 'human things' inside of us now...every once in a while i will sit back and think about that and just get blown away...so precious!!!

AFM: i have a dr's appointment today at noon...so i am looking forward to that. i get my strep b results back and we'll see if there is any progression at all. at this point i would guess no because i havent been feeling much of anything - just my normal day to day aches and swollenness (if that is even a word!). so we'll see!!! i just love going and hearing his heart beat and just getting all my questions answered :happy: might sound odd but it makes me feel that much closer to meeting him!!!

tonight hubbs and i are looking to finish decorating parkers room...printing off pictures of our puppies and putting them into frames (finally!!) and then we will that much closer to his room being done. the last two things we need to get are blinds and a rug...i am going to push for those things to get crossed off the list tonight as well:wink: then tomorrow we're headed up to MA for a birthday/retirement party for my uncle! should be a blast with the whole family there!!! then its SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!! we dont have any big plans...just going to head back to our house after spending the night in MA and going to watch the game at our place.

hope everyone has an awesome weekend and GO PATS :drinker:
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Oh and when I say 16 glasses of water the past two days, I mean EACH day, so 128oz each day for the past two days. I just can't drink enough! Then I wake up and drink throughout the night too. Sheesh!

Denise! March 5th!! That is so exciting! So you have a date!!! Wow, that is just unreal to KNOW when he'll be here, assuming he doesn't decide on appearing sooner. lol
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear that there are a few other big babies out there!!! When I had an ultrasound done at 32weeks4days, my guy was measuring 2weeks2days bigger & he was already a 5 pounder! (yikes!).....which means he'd be nearly 6½ pounds now (according to the 1//2# per week anyways).

I have my strep test on Monday. Curious to see if they'll start checking me then too......Does anyone know the typical time they start checking?

No "vagina" pains here when I swing my legs. My only pain has been the feet in the ribs - not very comfy! My feet & ankles have been getting swollen for the last couple of weeks already - that sure ain't pretty! Who wants Flinstone feet!? haha

~Heather
    35 weeks 1 day
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    heather,

I just asked about the Strep test yesterday my dr said there is not a set timeframe to do one. It's done between 35 - 39 weeks.

as for big babies yeah, well yesterday they measured my babies head and based on the "comparison chart" they go by my babies head is already that of a 40 week baby and I'm only 34 weeks!! I'm weighing 5 lbs 6oz but as much as I've been eating I'm sure that will have a huge jump when I got back in next week...

Overall my baby is in the 70% percentile! :ohwell: I know that my hubby and I are not small peeps but geez!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi all :)

Denise - glad to hear that you are doing so well and able to manage everything with just you and your Doctor :) That is so exciting for March 5th!! Let the countdown begin!

Kristy - I hear you on the thirsty business! I think your body just tells you what it needs and I know we need a lot of water to keep that amniotic fluid up, for breast milk production, to help with swelling and water retention and blood pressure etc. But you could always check with your Dr just to be sure, wouldn't hurt anyway ;) As for the cervix pain - I hear you on that - I got checked at 36 weeks and was having that pain for about a week and I was 1cm dilated and starting to efface, now at 1 week later I'm 4cms! Who knows. I would tell your Dr and I'm sure she/he will check you to make sure.

jchecca - have fun finishing up Parker's room! I still have a few finishing touches to do and I should probably get on that soon lol!

Heather - I got checked the first time at 36 weeks - 2 weeks after my strep B test but it was because I mentioned I was having quite a bit of cervix pain/pressure...so I'm not really 100% sure what's normal

AFM - still feeling those surges and pains in my cervix area nothing too consistent and feeling some random contractions where my stomach hardens but again not consistent and they don't really hurt....so again I think this is really early stages for me. I just can't believe I would be at 4 cms already - but again I have heard from people they got to 4 cms and stayed there for weeks...so who knows. I called my mom right after my appointment and she was really excited and we're both hoping that he might want to make his appearance before the 10th..I was talking with my sister and she said her labour went the exact same way - she got checked on a Thursday and was 4 cm had had barely any pain or discomfort and then had Jack on the following Tuesday. She had him a week early. So if it happens for me next week that would be the exact same case! lol...that would be kind of cool :)

I'm just trying to relax and let things happen how they are supposed to! ...but I must admit I'm very ready and excited for Mason's arrival - I still can't believe it's so close!!
    Yesterday after we got home i got a burst of energy and cleaned the kitchen and cleaned out the freezer and made those calendula pads to put in the freezer. Then I brought the playpen/changing table thing we got downstairs and set it up (which would have been hilarious to watch I might add lol) and then I started laundry...but then I was pretty exhausted again! So I sat down on my fitness ball and started bouncing and watching tv and then moved it over to the couch...I find I feel the most pressure/pain in my cervix when I sit on the couch it's kind of weird...but yeah the pains/pressure continued until about 11:30 and then I was able to fall asleep and there really hasn't been much going on since...so we'll see I guess??

Happy Friday everyone! :flowerforyou:

Rayna
    37 weeks 5 days
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I don't really have any time to post or catch up on all your posts! Super busy at work and a very stressful day...so I'm just trying to get through it! But I hope you are all well, and I'll catch up more on Monday!

Kristin--30 weeks 2 days
  • jchecca
    Options
    so i just got back from the dr's appointment and there was good news and bad news ... good news is that i am dialated 1 cm and 80% effaced...bad news is that my strep b test came back positive :cry: i was definitely getting choked up in the dr's office...but she assured me and said not to worry at all. that we will get me on penicillin as soon as i get to the hospital which will really help prevent parker from becoming ill. she said that 1 in 1000 babies are infected if we DIDNT treat me at the hospital. so the numbers are on our side...but it is still something i would rather not deal with :frown: at this point i am just praying that parker is healthy and safe and that we get the meds going as soon as i walk in those hospital doors to prevent my little guy from getting sick!

on a happier note...i am super glad that the ball has started rolling and i am dialated!!! i know this can last a couple weeks..but its just a sure sign that things are moving forward :happy:

heather - i got my strep b test last week at 37 weeks and thats when i was first checked internally. i know some doctors start checking earlier...so i am not sure if there is a set date. but i would say by 37 weeks you should start being checked.

rayna - that is so neat your sister had a similar experience...maybe you will go next week like you said!!! so exciting that he could be right around the corner!!! sounds like you had a bit of nesting yesterday...so we'll see!!!

kristin - hope you have a good day and a great weekend!

jessica - 37 weeks 2 days
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Ok, so now that I'm at home, not actually at work, I can catch up some.

Rayna- HOLY MOLY!!!!How cool!!!! Yes, you might have baby next week. This is SUPER exciting. I wish you an easy labor. ;) Can't wait to hear more and especially the birth story.

Denise- so glad things are going good for you. How exciting to know exactly when baby will be here. I wish that was the case for all of us. :) It's right around the corner too. The good thing is you know EXACTLY how much time you need to tie up loose ends. Oh and for the pain. YES!!! Sad thing is that its been around for a while now. Now its been pretty bad here lately. Especially the last few days. GEEZ!!

Kristy- i also believe that you body does tell you what it needs. So I commend you on the water intake. I used to drink a gallon of water a day before I got preggos. Now, its really difficult. I do however try my hardest. Its supposed to help you also not swell so much. :) Which by the way is now happening to me. I feel like a HUGE balloong. :( WTG!!

jchecca- glad one of us is getting to do something in the nursery. :) How exciting. Cant wait to hear news from you doctors appt. :) good luck.

Ashley- pics are adorable!!! thanks for updating us on you adventure.

rosanna- we know you're busy and trying to get back on track. that'll be all of us once are little one's arrived. :) It'll all fall into place.

AFM- so had a doctor's appt on the 1st and she said I was still a 2 close to 3 dialated with 80% effaced. I am due this Sunday and she asked if she'd like me to do a uterus massage and maybe this will get things going. So I said, why not. Let me tell you it was NOT FUN!!! First and last time. She then said, oh you're definitely a 3 now and I can feel your waer bag just wanting to burst out. She said I would have some cramping which I had been having for about two weeks now so no biggie. Then things went back to normal yesterday. However, my feet are really swollen and by 11 in a.m. they looked like stuffed sausages. :( I cleaned and was super busy yesterday but with so my pelvic pain its really hard. I also got adjusted on Wednesday because I was hoping to not have so much back pain just in case I do go into labor. However, this morning, I woke up with what feels like pretty strong cramps that are not consistent. I figured it was just cramping but I do not think they are. I finally called my midwife and she thinks they might be contractions. So she wants me to come and get checked at 2:30 today. I do have to stop whatever I do when they do come on because I have to focus and BREATHE. I also get pressure down there when they are peaking off. I'm starting to get scarred you guys seriously. I do not remember them being this strong with my first. Now this whole natural thing is starting to freak me out!!!! I wanted to update you guys now before they get too too strong and won't be able to type of lord knows what else will happen. I'm hoping at 2:30 I'll go in and I'm somewhat had some cervical change, if now, Oh boy!!!!!

If I missed anybody, I'm sorry. Not fully fully there w/the pain right now. :)
    Elce 39W5D
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Elce! So exciting thanks for updating us! Sounds like your sweet lil one will be here any time! I am having the same back pain and hip pain and my feet are super swollen too! I hear you, but it will all be done soon! We're almost there!!!
  • Lunarokra
    Options
    Elce-How exciting, hope Dallas shows up soon. That uterus massage sounds awful!!

Rayna- I def think Mason will be coming soon!

Denise- My first was 6lbs 5oz, so i thought 6-7 lbs for this baby would be good. How cool, your date is set and you will have your lil champ soon.

Jessica-Don't stress, hope it all goes well with the shot you'll get and Parker is ok when he arrives.

Heather-My strepB test was at 35weeks too. My doctor just mentioned it that day i went in for the appt. If in case i look up alot of things on babycenter and they email me the weekly progress it's fun and educational.

Last night: I had contractions but i think it's because the Dr checked me, he did mention my cervix is thinning (effacing) so that is good.

So excited for all our babies!!! May everyone have a blessed labor and arrival of their little one.

~Brenda~ 36 wks 3dys
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Man, I'm going to have to check the board continously this weekend to make sure everybody is still here!! Okay ladies I'm sending you guys happy vibes- wishing you the best, safest, easiest, most non stressful delivery/arrival!!

Sounds like the beginning of busy month for all of us!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    A quick update, just came back from doctor's office for my weekly check up.

I have a good 1 cm dilation, 60%-70% effaced, -1 station. Plug is gone and baby's very low (I carried low to begin with). Non-stress test went very well. Doctor don't think I'll last all 3 weeks, and asked me to tell my hubby stop dreaming about having a late baby (29th). She's expecting to see me one more week, and thinking that might be it.

From now on, just pay attention on either water break/leak, and regular contractions. I guess I'm start getting a little panic mode because I have so much things haven't done! I'll finishing my bag packing, pretty close to be done. Get my pump out and wash bottles.

Well, having a late lunch now, getting very hungry and need to serious getting things done... Check back with you all later.

UXOym6.png
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Come on babies! Hope you're all feeling well.

Jessica, don't sweat the strep b. I tested positive too and they just had to run an extra IV. You'll never notice once the initial antibiotic gets in as you'll have so much crap hooked up to you. :smile:

We are doing good here. Had a.couple fussy days but I'm actually starting to.figure things out I think....like what certain noises mean and how to console Daphne. While my mom has been very helpful and much needed, I'm kind of ready to do it on my own. They leave Tuesday morning. Everyone enjoy the weekend!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    We are doing good here. Had a.couple fussy days but I'm actually starting to.figure things out I think....like what certain noises mean and how to console Daphne. While my mom has been very helpful and much needed, I'm kind of ready to do it on my own. They leave Tuesday morning. Everyone enjoy the weekend!

Isn't that amazing that we can learn to interpret the mean of different sounds made by our baby? Enjoy motherhood! :-)
  • Lunarokra
    Options
    Three days with BHC, no fun! Resting before baby comes hasn't worked that way! Just hoping to get throught his week so I can train the replacement.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

I am taking a lazy one and might get a pedicure done later on when the boys (hubby & son) are glued to the TV watching SB & soccer.

~Brenda~ 36wks 5dys
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals!

Wow...I am super tired this morning but up super early! Had a busy weekend, little sleep, no exercise, and lots of bad eating! Bummer...and there's lots of things going on this week also...potluck lunch today, and another work lunch on Friday. Hoping to get in some good exercise this week though.

Baby is SO heavy lately! And up in my ribs! Makes me very uncomfortable most of the time, but nothing I can't handle! Only 8 more weeks until C-day! And I'm hoping to get some good belly pictures soon...I have some ideas, so we will see how they work!

Well...gonna get started on some work. Hope you are all well!!

Kristin--30 weeks, 5 days
  • jchecca
    Options
    Morning mommas!!!

Elce – keep us posted!!!! Sending tons of positive vibes your way for a safe delivery!!!

Rayna – I am super swollen too…to the point where a number of my shoes are SO uncomfortable! Hang in there..hopefully Mason is right around the corner!!!

Brenda – I was also having contractions this weekend and that all started after the dr. checked me on Friday afternoon. I haven’t had any up until now…so we’ll see! Hope you had a nice pedi!! I need to get in for one…hopefully sometime this week!

Kristin – you and me both sister! I ate like crap this weekend (huge birthday/retirement party for my uncle!)…little exercise and really good cake!

Ashley/Brenda – thank you for the ‘no worries’ on the strep b test…I am really trying not to

AFM: so I definitely had some contractions this weekend…they’re all happening at night time and not during the day. Definitely no pattern to them…so I know its not labor. Although they are not the most comfortable things in the world…I am glad I am getting them just because I haven’t felt anything like that before! So I feel like it’s a tiny tiny taste for what’s to come! Other than those I had a big eating weekend with little exercise…so I am not feeling 100% this morning.

My next appointment is this Wednesday…so we’ll see if there has been any change! I am anxious to go at this point and really hope I have dilated more! So we’ll see!!!
    Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Jessica – 37 weeks 5 days
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    Just read that Dallas was born!! Elce's birth story is in Birth Stories & Announcements and it's great! :)

Man oh man, is my tailbone pain bad this morning!! Mainly the left side. It's awful! I'm sitting at work with a heating pad on it. lol We did quite a bit of walking this weekend, Saturday at the mall and yesterday at Target, Wal-Mart, and Ross so maybe that's why. We also spent a lot of time in the kitchen preparing food for the Super Bowl so all that standing probably didn't help. I'm hoping to get in some time on the elliptical today, but may just relax and read instead. We'll see.

We went to Whole Foods Market in Annapolis on Saturday and it was so funny because Eric wanted to buy this bacon that was $8/lb and I was talking sense into him because it was just outrageous. He was being a man and having a little fit about it. Well, he started walking away and he told me later that it was because a lady was giving him a dirty look for griping at his pregnant wife. Haha!! I told him I wish I would have seen her because I would have worked up some tears to make him look worse. Haha!!!! He wasn't really griping that bad or even really raising his voice, but she must have been close enough to overhear. I just thought it was funny. Some tears and some "I'm sorry! I can't ever make you happy!" would have been great. lol :)