Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today than I did yesterday. My sweet friend came by y dorm last night and took me out to dinner to get me out in the world for a little while. We had Mexican and I ate waaaaay too much, but I'm not that upset about it. I haven't have a ridiculously bad day like that in a while.

Today I was able to go classes, even though I'm still hurting.

I've been pretty good today food wise. Hopefully dinner will be great as well, since I'm not allowed to work out AT ALL until I can get the pain under control and my antibiotics are fully finished. So that's at least another 2 weeks before I can work out again. Maybe even longer. :sad: :brokenheart:
  • alohashley
    alohashley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Help, my Pooping schedule is OFF!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks cenedria235 for the input! I hope it works out well for you!
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Home with my sick 4 year old today and didn't get to workout :(

Add to that it was a eat your own arm kind of day. Weird how one day 1200 calories is fine and the next 1400 is WAY too little. I keep it to 1200 when I don't workout and 1400 when I do and don't eat back my exercise calories. I hope this continues to work. We'll see at Monday's weigh in - only 4 days and the Super bowl is in there - yikes!! :glasses:
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! :happy:

this is my FIRST post as a real Ravenclaw :heart: and i'm so excited to start february challenge!!!
    i promise, i'll try more than usual. this week i'll have many house points because i joined a challenge in which i have to burn 3500 cals and i usually burn just 800... so... i'm sweating like a pig, but i'm gonna do it and i'm gonna do it properly! woo! :happy:

p.s. i want to let you all know that if i write something wrong or with a bad grammar- it's because i'm from Croatia(a small country in Europe, just next to Austria and Italy) so english is not my native language. thank you all for understanding :flowerforyou:

:heart:
    Missklara - I would have never guessed that English isn't your native language! You at least type it very well!! Very cool that you are from Croatia. :flowerforyou: Good luck on your challenge - I'm lucky if I burn 200 calories in a week! :laugh:

I'm off to bed - its been a long, busy day. I really enjoy going to my classes in person rather than online, but it sure does add a new dimension to time management! Good night everyone! :yawn:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning Ravenclaw and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very happy for the weekend. i am in a class at work today, so it will be a rest for my ankle. my week continues to get more frustrating every day. yesterday i found out that they neglected to pay me for 12 hours of work last week!! they are going to "try to correct the problem" but if they do i won't see the money for 2 weeks and they aren't even sure i will get it then. :explode: also not looking good for financial aid for college for my daughter. these are the things that send me into a binge (stress) eating tailspin!! i really feel like i am on the brink of losing it!! :cry:
    thank goodness i have the common room to come to and vent. :heart: i really need for spring to come so i can get out on my bike.
    hoping for a better day today. have a fun day planned for tomorrow with a trip to a humongous mall about an hour from here with daughter and her boyfriend. for me it will be a lot of walking and window shopping only but then i camp out in the food court to read/knit/people watch and get an awesome salad at the saladworks.
    hope everyone has a great day leading into a great weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I think I would lose more weight if I slept more . . . seriously- just a random thought for Friday
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Missklara - I would have never guessed that English isn't your native language! You at least type it very well!! Very cool that you are from Croatia. :flowerforyou: Good luck on your challenge - I'm lucky if I burn 200 calories in a week! :laugh:

azsuzi - that's so sweet of you :blushing:
    my grammar is bad but i always try to make simple sentences :laugh:

yesterday was a good day for me :) i burned 850 cals :bigsmile: i'm so proud of myself!
    and i'm not eating much... about 1200-1400cals a day.... BUT the weight is NOT going down :sad:
    i'm on a same weight for two weeks now... don't know what to do :grumble: oh well... i surely know what NOT to do-giving up! :happy:

:heart:
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ravenclaws!
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That difficult moment when I go to eat breakfast and realise there's pretty much no food left in the house.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    missklara, I was definitely surprised, too! I wouldn't have guessed that it wasn't your primary language, so kudos to you! :) Sorry to hear you're on a plateau, though. I always hesitate giving advice because I know that the same thing doesn't work well for everyone, but if you're looking for tips, I would recommend having one day every week or two that is a higher calorie day. You don't have to call it a cheat day or anything if that bothers you, and you don't even really have to eat 'bad' food, but sometimes it helps to spike your calories again. Somehow it sees to reboot the system into weight loss again. It's similar to the calorie cycle recommendations you'll see on here (and I'm fairly sure Biggest Loser uses the same thing with one HCD per week). Personally, I usually go over my calories at least one day on the weekends, and it works really well for me. So just a thought. :)

Penny, ooooh, that sucks. Nothing worse than a mistake being made that you end up having to suffer for. Hope it doesn't cause any problems for you while you wait for it to be sorted out.

momofJandA, you may be right! I know it's one of those things that often gets listed as part of a healthy weight loss effort. I tend to mess up on that part quite often, but I've been lucky so far that it's been steady for me even with poor sleeping habits.
  • bethanyweathers
    Options
    Joints don't hurt so badly today! Yay! I'm still limping a bit, but not nearly as badly as before.

Of course, with it not hurting as badly, I want to work out. No fair. I might just go to the pool and float, just so I can feel like I'm doing SOMETHING.

Weigh in tomorrow morning. Hopefully there will be good news, this week has been a little iffy in terms of nutrition.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    yesterday was a good day for me :) i burned 850 cals :bigsmile: i'm so proud of myself!
    and i'm not eating much... about 1200-1400cals a day.... BUT the weight is NOT going down :sad:
    i'm on a same weight for two weeks now... don't know what to do :grumble: oh well... i surely know what NOT to do-giving up! :happy:

Missklara - your body needs calories just to stay alive. If you only eat 1400 calories and burn 850 working out, that only leaves 550 for it to put into breathing, moving, heart pumping, tissue repair, etc. 550 calories is not enough. Your body will think you are starving and will try to store your food as fat and burn your muscles for fuel.

Also, when you work out hard (850 calorie burn is a pretty hard workout), you create micro tears in your muscle tissue. Your muscles will store more water to help them repair. That water retention could add up to 2 or 3 pounds - so you may be burning fat but retaining water and it will seem like you are not losing weight.

Three lessons to learn here:
    1) Follow the calories that MyFitnessPal recommends. Eat enough to feed your body without overeating and you will lose weight.
    2) Drink at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water a day to help flush toxins and fats from your body and to stay hydrated to speed up tissue repair.
    3) Don't put as much focus on your weight because water retention can make a big difference in what the scale says. Focus more on your measurements and how your clothes fit - that is the true measure of your weight loss.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I think I would lose more weight if I slept more . . . seriously- just a random thought for Friday
    Tori - I totally agree - and there are studies that prove it! Now, would someone please tell my teenage son to keep it down at night? :laugh:
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Help, my Pooping schedule is OFF!

I've had the same problem ever since I started losing. I used to "go" every morning like clockwork. Now I'm lucky if it's every other day - sometimes more! Except over the holidays when I was eating more of the "wrong" things - then I was back to my daily normal. I don't get it. How can healthy eating throw that out of whack?
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

got a confession to make... In my eagerness to reset the spreadsheet so it was ok for February i did not note down who was our prefects this week- SORRY!!! I will but myself in detention with Filch for doing this!
    So, the challenges this week from me are from me, not our prefects...

Food: VEGETABLES! We all know to aim for five fruit and veggies a day, but how man of us get four of these from fruits?! A lot, I'd guess. So, the challenge is to get at least three servings of veggies per day, or, if you want to ramp it up a bit, aim for five veggies and two fruit. One OWL for every day challenge met.

Exercise: Lift weights/strength work! Honestly, it's great for girls too! Thy don't have to be at the gym, you can use water bottles/canned food at home, or do some body-weight resistance exercises (such as these: http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/muscle-building-workout/), or something like 30 Day Shred. One OWL for each day you manage ten minutes of strength work (go on... It's only ten minutes!!)

Spirit: POST! (I've been bad at this this week, will try harder!!)

Have a fab weekend everyone Xx
  • bethanyweathers
    Options
    Ugh, pizza and beer with my roommates. Delicious and so much fun, but now I'm bloated and feel greasy. So much for being good this week.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Ugh, pizza and beer with my roommates. Delicious and so much fun, but now I'm bloated and feel greasy. So much for being good this week.
    I'm right there with you Bethany - I ate WAY too much pizza tonight (*hangs her head in shame*) - plus a glass of wine. But one night of fun will not derail us - right? Back at it tomorrow! :drinker:

Oh - and yep. I feel so bloated right now too. Wish they had a "burp" smiley! :laugh:
  • jazzgnat
    jazzgnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaws,

I've just joined Hogwarts and am going to group up with you. I've always seen myself as a Ravenclaw. I'm 32 currently 225 and my goal is 175. I've lost 18 pounds since January. Also I'm a man which seems to be a rarity here but don't worry I'll play nice.
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzgnat! I'm pretty new on here too. Just joined this group last week. I'm currently about 217, trying to get down to about 155 or so. I'm slightly estimating the pounds here, because I normally measure in kg.