3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Morning mama's to be-

I'm sure everyones exhausted after teh super bowl?? :laugh:

Hubby had to work late and I decided to make it a Spa night...Tried to paint my toes and found out the very hard way that I can't see my toes, I can't breathe when I bend over and my belly is so big that I eneded up with nail polish everywhere but my toes!

Belly seems to have grown again, the baby boy is getting very hard to get around with and I seem to be moving slower and slower. I haven't felt any contractions but tehn again I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be feeling? I just keep feeling that pelvic/ligament pain and it's getting worse the bigger he gets! :frown:

Have a doctors apt this afternoon & I have to meet with my pediatrician, he wants to set have my file transferred over and set up and appt for the day after I'm released to double check the baby.

Denise
    35 weeks
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOOO............ Thought I'd let you ladies know :bigsmile:

Walmart is having HUGE clearance on their jammies and I was able to purchase 2 XL black/navy pajama pants for $5 each. Great to wear in the hospital as they are those soft clingy cottony PJ bottoms.

I might swing another walmart to see if their inventory is different maybe I can pick up a few more pairs to wear around teh house?

Happy Shopping!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    morning ladies :)

I just read Elce's birth story...wow! Amazing...it's so true that every experience is SO different, you never know what to expect! I'm so glad she was able to make it to the birth centre on time! Can't wait to see pics of that sweet baby boy Dallas!

So my weekend was pretty good - had more BH contractions all throughout the weekend and thought yesterday was the day for a bit...I had had contractions the night before but they stopped around 11pm and that was that....then Sunday we went for breakfast with my parents at 10:30 and I had a couple at the table but not too bad - then I realized after that walking wasn't so bad! It was like Mason had moved off the nerve on my right side or something, I could walk with so much less pain! So my husband and I decided to go run some errands so that I could walk while the walkin' was good! lol we went to home depot and superstore and got some things done and it felt good :) then we got home and I was ready for a nap...we laid down in bed and I fell asleep for about an hour....then I started having contractions around 3pm and they were pretty consistent but then stopped entirely around 4pm - so I figured ok well it's nothing...I talked to my mom and she was getting excited and said that I was probably in early labour...I told her not to get her hopes up ;) so Jay and I decided to go for dinner to this amazing new poutine restaurant lol yep it's true they have nothing but different types of poutine on the menu! It was AWESOME haha. Anyway no contractions everything is fine and then on the drive home they start again, and are pretty regular seemingly one after the other. They lasted until about 10:30 pm and then completely stopped again....I had a really good sleep last night though which is nice and then this morning nothing again...so who knows really what the heck is going on lol!

I read in my "Natural hospital birth" book that it's completely normal to have a few false labours up to the real deal and that it's just your body getting ready for the main event - it was funny that she said in the book many women start feeling embarrassed like they are "crying wolf" and then end up ignoring the real labour because they don't want to "cry wolf" again - it's funny because I was definitely starting to feel like that, especially because my mom, dad, sister and Jay's parents keep checking in now and wondering how I'm doing and if this is "really it" haha...oh well - I'll try my best to not ignore the contractions the next time they come - my parents leave for Hawaii on Friday so I'm really hoping he decides to make his grand entrance before then! But I know it's just beyond my control, a girl can hope though

We have another skype breastfeeding class tonight so that's good - and my next Dr appt is Thursday - so we'll see what happens

Anyway, that's my update - sorry it's so long :p

Hope everyone is having a great Monday morning!

Rayna
    38 weeks 1 day
  • AmandaJPK
    Options
    Hi ladies - I'm new to the group and thought I'd say hello to all of the 3rd trimester women out there! I wish I had found this group sooner. I'm at week 34 and cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. This is my second child. My first will be 3 1/2 by the time this one arrives! We're told it's a girl so we've prepped for such but we're going in with back-up names, etc. just in case the ultrasound techs made a mistake!

So today I'm feeling great though a little tired, which I think had more to do with the Superbowl party we threw at our house last night than my actual pregnancy. But I have to ask...does anyone ever feel an enormous amount of pressure under your belly, along the pelvic area? I've been getting increasing pressure. One of the Dr's in my group says this is normal for a second pregnancy because I've already been a "baby hammock" before. I was just curious if anyone else ever feels that. Other than that, the baby is moving around like crazy on a regular basis! I cannot wait to meet my little one.

I hope all of you have a great day.
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Hi ladies - I'm new to the group and thought I'd say hello to all of the 3rd trimester women out there! I wish I had found this group sooner. I'm at week 34 and cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. This is my second child. My first will be 3 1/2 by the time this one arrives! We're told it's a girl so we've prepped for such but we're going in with back-up names, etc. just in case the ultrasound techs made a mistake!

So today I'm feeling great though a little tired, which I think had more to do with the Superbowl party we threw at our house last night than my actual pregnancy. But I have to ask...does anyone ever feel an enormous amount of pressure under your belly, along the pelvic area? I've been getting increasing pressure. One of the Dr's in my group says this is normal for a second pregnancy because I've already been a "baby hammock" before. I was just curious if anyone else ever feels that. Other than that, the baby is moving around like crazy on a regular basis! I cannot wait to meet my little one.

I hope all of you have a great day.

yeap yeap!! this is my first and as I've grown the pain seems to have gotten more intense. My doctor told me is was my pelvis spreading along with my ligaments - just my body's way of saying that it was almost time. He said the closer I got to my due date the more intense the pain.

it's pretty tolerable, except when I have to go to the bathroom and then I can't stand it!!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Hey ladies, had my doctors apt today and I'm measuring 38 @ 35 weeks. Yeap big belly :laugh: Dr also surprised me and did the Strep B test which I thought he wasn't going to do until next week? My sugars are right on target and I'm no longer spilling over Ketones!! YYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Date is officially set for March 5th at 7am :smooched: Excited and scared to death at the same time...

Met with my pediatrician today too. Got my files transferred over from my OB/GYN & got my first apt already set up. He wants to see us 2 days after being released for a thourough exam & circumsicion examination.

Here are a few things that he suggested that I buy and have at hand before arriving home from the hospital:

Dove or Dawn Antibacterial for bottles/nipples
    Petroleum jelly for diaper rash or circumsion
    Cotton swabs (clean navel)
    Rubbing alcohol (clean navel)
    Cotton balls (clean navel or circumcision)

Have another visit on Thursday for more bloodwork and results of teh Strep B :smile:
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Denise! That's so exciting!! So you have less than a month left! :) Good job on the ketones. Glad you're doing well!
    Oh and I totally hear you on not being able to bend over without being uncomfortable. Haha! I haven't tried painting my toes, but I'm sure it'd be difficult because tying my gym shoes is sometimes pretty hard. lol I've resorted to pedi's for my feet. :)
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    morning mommas!!!!

amanda - welcome!!!

denise - just jotted down that list! i have a couple things at the house that are on it...but who doesnt go through q-tips quickly!!! thank you for sharing!!!

rayna - from your post last night seems like you've been nesting big time!!!! that is awesome!!! i would have loved to take today off to get some things done...i just feel like i have close to no energy after work anymore :frown:

AFM: was SO tired this morning...like could not scrape myself out of bed!!! and speaking of the bed...i have to confess...i went out and bought a waterproof pad to sleep on just in case my water breaks at night. we just got a new mattress in the fall (that was not cheap at all!!) and the thought of destroying it was keeping me up at night. so i broke down and got the pad yesterday. it made for an interesting sleep because i kept waking up and making sure i was sleeping on it...definitely akward! well maybe not as akward as paying for it yesterday and getting the look from the guy at the counter! hahaha! oh well!!! :laugh:

so we got some pictures of our puppies printed out and hung on the walls ... it looks really great now!!! and we bought some blinds for his room...but they're too big...so i am returning those at lunch today and hopefully kor will find some today at lowes and we'll get those hung up tonight!!!

i have an appointment tomorrow...so i am super excited to see if i have dilated any more! i know it could be a while still..but i have been secretly hoping!!!!

hope everyone has a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Sad day for me today...hit 35 pounds gained...and I still have 8 weeks left. Mind you I haven't gotten much exercise in this past week. I'm SO tired lately...like fall-asleep-on-the-couch-when-I-get-home-from-work tired. I think I'm going to try to focus on doing more yoga for these last weeks. Too bad it isn't nicer out...I would love to go for some walks. But it's nice and cold and snowy again, so probably won't be happening. Oh well.

Well...sorry for complaining...just frustrating when I'm already at the weight I wanted to gain for the whole pregnancy! Bummer.

Kristin--30 weeks 6 days
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!
    Had a massage appointment yesterday (fabulous!!! And by they way, they should last longer than an hour! :laugh: ). Then had my doctor's appointment. Got the strep b test done - wasn't as bad as I had imagined - thought they went *in* the pooper (hehe), but nope! (and thank goodness). Belly is measuring almost right on now, whereas in past weeks, he's always been at least 2 weeks bigger, if not more. So I've decided the belly measurments really don't mean anything. The doctor thought he was probably just curled up in a ball. I had a dull ache in my under belly yesterday early morning for a short time & told them about it (not knowing what it was - probably just gas/poop w/ my luck!). So they checked me & no dilation....but definitely head down.

As for the feet swelling issues - I hear ya all!!! Sometimes I tend to do too much during the day (making food for the superbowl all afternoon saturday & grocery shopping prior)....and then boom....flinstone feet & ankles! Not pretty. Not.at.all.

I ordered the LAST of the baby stuff last night. Who knew babies needed SO much stuff!? haha

Oh, and for the weight gain.....I'm at 37 pounds...yikes! That scale does NOT want me on it! :laugh: Silly me thought I'd gain 25-30 lbs total...yeah...not so much...

~Heather
    35 weeks 5 days
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Sounds like we're all having a rough morning! Geezz.... :indifferent:

Didn't sleep much last night and I can't help and then all these crazy thoughts started. I tried to talk to the hubby but he was dead exhausted (9 days of 12 hr shifts :sick: )

I'm 8.75 months pregnant and I want to go dancing, I want to feel beautiful, I want to go out with my GF's and have a drink...I want to have a wonderful night on the town iwth my hubby and my feet not hurt, me not waddle, get naseaus by the smells and not have to worry about eating seafood that has to much mercury!!

I'm thinking that with this baby being aroudn the corner that perhaps I'm just freaking out and missing some of my old life? We went from having an extremely active lifestyle to being homebodys for the last 8.75 months....

Anyone else felt this way?? :cry: Is it me or the hormones???
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Denise...we all go through those feelings...my husband and I used to go out all the time...now we are homebodies for the most part. And ask us now what we would do if we had a night without Kadence...we'd have no clue? Your life will change, but you will fall into that role just fine...and you will still have time to get out and do things...it gets easier as baby gets bigger. The baby phase is short, so enjoy it while you can and then things will adjust as baby grows older. Don't worry too much...but your feelings are completely normal! ((hugs))
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    hello mommies!

Something tells me Misti might have had Aspyn she is MIA.

Denise- I feel like that sometimes especially around parties, i miss my alcohol indulging days.

Heather-Nice to hear your appt went good. How awesome on your massage.

Rayna- You are very accomplished, kudos!!

Jessica- Can't wait to see the pictures of the room.

Kristin- We're homebodies too. Not that we have tons of mutual friends the hubby & I, but I watch Tv with them or read while they watch TV.

AFM: It so funny I have similar issues as Kristy, must be our girls lol. My tailbone is in pain, and I didn't get contractions last night but felt some pain this morning.

I am finally trainning at work, so if next week is the big week so be it!

We still need to install the car seat, yeah we are lagging.

~Brenda~37 weeks today!!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry been MIA lately. Feel bad not updating you all. I was sent to labor and delivery last friday to be monitored due to a migraine and BP was 155/96!!! Once I got there I was having consistent and a lil bit painful contractions for 3 hours straight anywhere from 5-6 min. apart. They gave me a pill for my headache and after another hour or so it let up and they decided the contractions needed to me more painful so I was sent home. Sat. woke up w/ a headache, just dealt with it, actually still am. Went to the doc yesterday still dialated to 3 and totally effaced, but baby's head is not engaged still. Due to swelling, protein in my urine and high BP I am being induced Thursday morning. I was really hoping to go on my own, but not sure if I will by then or not. She stripped my membranes yesterday and I am hoping maybe that will help, but if not the end is in sight. Being induced will be ok since I live so far from the hospital, my hubbys out of town working and I will need antibiotics started right away.

Jessica - I felt a little weirded out by the Strep B thing too, mine was positive, but she assured me it's common and not a big deal at all. Better to know now and get the meds. My SIL didn't know she was positive, dr didn't check her because her first two pregnacys were negative, but turns out she was positive and baby was extremely sick!!! So I'm glad I know ahead of time. It is weird though because I was negative with my son.

Rayna - Congrats and good luck. I hope you get the natural delivery you hope for.

Luna, Kristy, Denise and everyone else....good luck and I hope all goes well.

My son was born June 9th and looks like my daughter will be born Feb. 9th, kinda cool.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Eight weeks from today I will be a Mommy of Two!!! SO excited!!

Our friends just had their second baby girl yesterday via c-section and we are excited to go see them tonight! Getting that baby fever! And starting to feel the nesting urge...started cleaning out things last night...and hoping to accomplish a lot more...I guess that's a good thing! This weekend I had a baby shower to go to, and want to do some rearranging in our basement. Lots to do!

Did some yoga last night. And planning to do the same tonight. Also would like to start walking on the treadmill if I ever have the energy (which is very rare these days).

Well...hope you are all well. Will try and catch up on personals later!

Kristin--31 weeks
  • jchecca
    Options
    good morning momma's!!!

CONGRATS RAYNA!!! read on the boards this morning that Mason arrived!!! can not wait to hear your story!!!!

denise - totally hear ya! there are times when i just want to sit and cry because all i want to do is put my old clothes on and dance around with my girlfriends with a big ol glass of wine in my hands!!! you're definitely not alone!!!

brenda - must feel good to start the training at work...couple steps closer! i actually have a meeting in 15 minutes to train my fill in.

misti - i am sending a little prayer your way that your little one comes on their own. if not...no worries at all...you will do amazing whether its natural or induced. best of luck and keep us posted!!! and i am right there with you on the strep b thing...i have been thinking more now that i am glad to be getting the meds...better to have them than to be sorry.

kristin - the countdown begins!!!! 8 more weeks...how amazing!! nice job on the yoga and i am right there with you on rearranging the basement! i got some shelves to install...so that is looking to be my weekend project!!!!

AFM: i am so getting the urge to not be at work. all i want to do is be at home. i want to clean and organize and do all the little things that i dont have any energy for when i get home from work. i feel like when i am sitting here at my desk all i can think about is wanting to go home. its horrible because the days go by so slow.

i have a dr's appointment today...praying that we're dilated a little more...so we'll see! haven't been feeling the contractions i was feeling over this past weekend...so i wonder if those came on after my appointment last week. so maybe there will be some movement after today's appointment (a girl can dream!!) :flowerforyou:

hope everyone has a great day!!!

jessica - 38 weeks today!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Morning ladies-

Thanks for all the support. You guys are greatness!! Feeling much better today!!

Congrats to Rayna!! I knew that the baby was coming early but what a surprise and your parents were here to see it I'm sure!!

Dr's appt tomorrow!
  • jchecca
    Options
    so had my dr. appointment and no real big progression from last weeks appointment. last friday i was 1cm and today i was around 1.5...so its definitely still a waiting game. i just really wanted him to come early...and i know i could stay this way for a while but am really starting to get anxious. i need to tone it down and just expect a wait.

decided i am going for a pedicure after work...need some nice relaxation!!!!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    so had my dr. appointment and no real big progression from last weeks appointment. last friday i was 1cm and today i was around 1.5...so its definitely still a waiting game. i just really wanted him to come early...and i know i could stay this way for a while but am really starting to get anxious. i need to tone it down and just expect a wait.

decided i am going for a pedicure after work...need some nice relaxation!!!!

Awww, don't get disappointed! That baby will be here before you know it!! Enjoy your pedicure & try to enjoy some "me" time while you still can!
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Hey ladies Im just gonna jump in and join ya if you dont mind, my name is Tara and Im 28 weeks and 4days! Finally hit the 3rd trimester. Im the mother of a 2.5 yearold daughter work full time and am doing university classes :ohwell: The fatigue of the 3rd trimester has already began to set in. Ive been really sick with a super bad cough for about a week know. Coughing when your pregnant is the worst! Im trying to stay active doing aquasize once a week and waliking on my lunch breaks. I quit running about 2 weeks ago as there was just too much pressure down there. Ive gained alot of weight in my first and second trimester and am hoping it slows down a bit. Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Rayna- a million hugs to you! I heard you were a rock star and did amazing!!! So happy for you. I cant believe hes finally here it seems like only yesterday you told me you were expecting.... :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: