3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies Im just gonna jump in and join ya if you dont mind, my name is Tara and Im 28 weeks and 4days! Finally hit the 3rd trimester. Im the mother of a 2.5 yearold daughter work full time and am doing university classes :ohwell: The fatigue of the 3rd trimester has already began to set in. Ive been really sick with a super bad cough for about a week know. Coughing when your pregnant is the worst! Im trying to stay active doing aquasize once a week and waliking on my lunch breaks. I quit running about 2 weeks ago as there was just too much pressure down there. Ive gained alot of weight in my first and second trimester and am hoping it slows down a bit. Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Rayna- a million hugs to you! I heard you were a rock star and did amazing!!! So happy for you. I cant believe hes finally here it seems like only yesterday you told me you were expecting.... :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hey Tara,

Feel free to jump right in ...I remember you from our before group page :wink: so far I think most of us are on the stretch home and are just exhausted!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask but I think you got it covered pretty good with a 3 yr old, full time job & school!?! How do you do it? I'm to freakin exhausted to register for my night classes!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Rayna-Congrats Mommy!

Jessica-hang in there, and yeah I feel anxious too. It is about right for us to get anxious these last weeks. Yes, it is good although I still have some issues i need to take care of before I leave oh well if i can't get to them.

Denise-Glad you're feeling better, take it easy. Let us know how your Dr's appt went.

Welcome Taldie to 3rd Tri!

My next appt is on Friday. We'll see what the dr says.

~Brenda~37 wks 1 dy
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!! :)

Jessica - I'm getting anxious and I'm only 34 weeks! haha

Brenda - Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Taldie - Welcome to the the 3rd! :)

I keep checking for Rayna's birth story. I'm so excited to hear how it went.
    My hubs hasn't been feeling well the past few days. He started out with a mild cough and now his throat is sore. My throat is slightly sore this morning, but I'm hoping it's because I didn't wake up as much last night and drink water like I normally do. Hoping it's just a little dry, but we'll see. I'll be drinking extra fluids just in case. I already drink 100-120oz of water a day so this could be difficult. haha!
    I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she said they'll do my strep b test around 35-36 weeks as well as start checking me around the same time. When I first got there and they took my blood pressure it was 150/80 (yikes!!!), but when I got to the room they checked it again and it was 130/78 so that's much better. I was worried at first. I have another appointment on Tuesday and every Tuesday until March 6th. I need to schedule the rest of my appointments.

Hope you all have a super day! :)

~Kristy
    33 weeks 6 days
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

kristy I'm right there with you- I keep checking for Rayna's story too!! Can't wait to hear how it all happened!!

Have a doctors appt this afternoon. More bloodwork and find out the test results from my Strep B.

OHHH!!!!!!!! I've been wanting to get the P90X for quite some time..just hadn't found the right way to approach the topic with teh hubby since it is quite a bit of $$ for us. So last night he asked me last night what I thought about actually purchasing it and if I would do the workouts with him?? I threw my arms around him and told him of course but only after I got cleared by the doctor :bigsmile: :laugh: So I guess my post baby workout routine is set!

QUESTION:
    So if your positive for Strep B then you get antibiotics during the birth process. SO does that mean when you are breast feeding that you're passing the antibiotics to the baby?? I'm asking because I've always been the kind that gets an "infection" from any antibiotic so now I'm worried about giving the baby thrash?? Going to ask my doctor today- but curious if anyone has experienced this????
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Denise - We have Insanity and P90X at home so I'm planning on using them both after baby arrives. I do love going to the gym though, but I realize that is probably going to be hard for a while so I'll probably be sticking with the workouts at home. :) So glad he is interested in doing P90X too! That'll make motivation easier too since you'll have someone to do it with. I love working out with the hub! :)
    Good question on the antibiotics. I get those same problems from antibiotics. It sucks!!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

My strep b came back negative - yay! And she did check me, but I was not dilated at all. Guess I didn't figure I would be already, but certainly wouldn't have minded it!

Oh man, I almost can't wait to do my hardcore workouts again. I'm feeling like a whale lately. And as sucky as it is to workout sometimes, I would like to be tone & fit again. I also have P90X & will probably be doing some of those dvds aftewards. I'll mix it up w/ the others I have: Jillian Michaels, Brazil Butt lift, treadmill, elliptical & zumba. Hopefully we'll all be able to kick it in high gear! ;)

~Heather 36weeks
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Morning all!

My strep b came back negative - yay! And she did check me, but I was not dilated at all. Guess I didn't figure I would be already, but certainly wouldn't have minded it!

Oh man, I almost can't wait to do my hardcore workouts again. I'm feeling like a whale lately. And as sucky as it is to workout sometimes, I would like to be tone & fit again. I also have P90X & will probably be doing some of those dvds aftewards. I'll mix it up w/ the others I have: Jillian Michaels, Brazil Butt lift, treadmill, elliptical & zumba. Hopefully we'll all be able to kick it in high gear! ;)

~Heather 36weeks

Heather yaya on the negative!! Let's see how mines turns out, LOL!! Kristy I'll ask my doctor today so I'll keep you posted. Just somthing I thought about around midnight last night.

heather- what do you think of the Brazil Butt Lift?? I really REALLY want to get that one and I mentioned it last night but hubby didn't bat an eye...Maybe I just just leave that for another day? Do you really see results/impact??
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!!

Thank you all for the positive ‘hang in there’s!’ … it is tough…but at the end of the day the longer parker stays inside the stronger he will get for this outside world…so I will take it!

Taldie - welcome to the 3rd tri board!!

Kristy – that’s good they took your HR again and it was lower!!! And I have been scowering for Rayna’s birth story as well!!! I love how different they all are!!!

Denise – good luck at your dr’s appointment and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you on your strep b test!!! And as far as passing the antibiotics onto the baby…I would definitely ask the dr. I talked to my dr yesterday and she said that they set you up with a drip into your IV…so I am not sure how long that stays in your system…but definitely a good question and I will be curious to see what the dr. says…keep us posted :smile:

Heather – that’s awesome about your strep b!!! and I am right there with you on feeling like a whale hahaha! I can not wait to have my old body back!!!!

So I am in a better place today...I have really been praying for Parker to come...but I would much rather he stay inside and get healthy and stronger! Had some contractions last night...nothing big at all...but it was good to feel some action. I think at this point my fear is that I will not know when it all starts...like the real labor. Everyone says 'oh you'll know' but what if I dont!!! Its so wild to try to plan for something you have never experienced :tongue:

So I had the CRAZIEST dream last night. Basically had a dream that I woke up in my house and Parker was there (but he looked like a 6 month old) and his room was a total mess...and the kicker is that this was the first time i was meeting him. like i had forgotten the whole birth experience and being in the hospital!!! so i had no idea how to feed him and just didnt understand what was going on. it was wild!!
  • AmandaJPK
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I've had a tough time getting back in here to check on everyone!

I hope those of you who've had recent check-ups are doing well and congrats to all of those who've delivered since I haven't been online!

JChecca - I know what you mean about the fear of not knowing when real labor starts! It was the most difficult thing for my first pregnancy. I'm hoping for this second I'll actually have a clue!

AFM: I'm 34 1/2 weeks! I can't believe how close it's getting! My scale has me at right around 20 lbs...but I can almost guarantee at my Dr's appointment tomorrow it'll be at least 2 lbs more. That always seems to happen when I go in. Last month the nurse told me to go with whatever my scale in the morning says because it's the best time for weighing yourself. The pressure on my pelvis seems a bit better but every now and then seems to be unbearable. Last night I think I felt a few BH contractions, which I don't remember having during my first pregnancy. Nothing overly painful but definitely present...I think. Then again when I went in for a stress test for my first child, I was having contractions 7 minutes apart and didn't even know it so...I am hoping this time I'll know what's happening! :) On another note, the baby is moving around like crazy. I feel like I should have bruises all over my belly from the beatings I seem to be taking! I'm wondering if she's moving into position. At this point , none of the Dr's I've met with have given me any indication as to her position. I'll have to ask tomorrow.
  • H_82
    Options
    Denise ~ I'm not much help b/c when I do dvds, I don't tend to do the same one every day (except when I did the JM 30 day shred). I do like the Brazil butt workout though.

jchecca ~ I'm right there with you on the kinda being scared about going into real labor (just not knowing what to expect, etc). I haven't even experienced BH. Then there's the thought that the baby could come at ANY time now! I'm thinking (hoping..) mine will be here by the end of the month.

Amanda ~ Amen on the bruises! I feel like my ribs are, or should be broken! haha

~Heather 36weeks
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    jchecca ~ I'm right there with you on the kinda being scared about going into real labor (just not knowing what to expect, etc). I haven't even experienced BH. Then there's the thought that the baby could come at ANY time now! I'm thinking (hoping..) mine will be here by the end of the month.
    ~Heather 36weeks

You guys are getting into my head!! :laugh:

Last night I was worried about my water breaking in my bed and ruining the mattress!! Think I might have to go buy one of those mattress covers :laugh: and now you ladies will have me thinking about labor!! I'm with your Heather I don't even know what a BH feels like!

Then again last night when I had the epiphany about the thrash I also thought well crap I don't even have my bags packed! What if my water breaks, teh mattress is ruined and I have nothing to wear at the hospital and whose going to call all the friends and family for the cancellation of the baby showers?? Or will everyone jsut show up at my front door??

The things we think about! :laugh:
  • H_82
    Options
    Denise, You are too funny! About the mattress, when I changed our sheets the other day, I thought about washing the mattress pad - but then thought "what's the point if my water breaks in bed!?" haha. And who knows, maybe our water won't even break....I've heard that's pretty common. Who knows though.

As for bags being packed - it's super hard! Especially for us first timers....we could have all the lists in the world, but ya still just don't know! Not to mention that we're still wearing our comfy clothing!!!

Hopefully everyone will show up at your door for the shower, unwrap the gifts, wash them & put them away...HAHA....that way, you don't get a sweaty vagina opening all the gifts! :laugh: Edit to add: Hopefully they leave the cake & all the yummy food for you too! hehe
  • AmandaJPK
    Options
    :laugh: Denise & Heather - you guys are cracking me up about the mattress! My husband was so worried about my water breaking in the middle of the night during my first pregnancy that he made me sleep with a beach towel underneath me...like that would really do any good! :laugh: I was induced with my first but I can say that the night before I was scheduled to go in, I woke up to kind of a 'pop and gush' kind of feeling and then I got up to go potty and when I was done and stood up I had this trickle trail down my leg. So I called the dr. and they told me to come right in. They never did check to see if it was my water broken. Instead they hooked me up to the antibiotics (I tested positive for Strep B) and let me sleep for awhile until they started inducing labor.

As for having your bags packed...if you can and have enough clothing, I would definitely start putting a few things to the side...a couple of pairs of comfy PJs, some underwear, socks, nursing bra(s), slippers/flip flops for walking around in the hospital. I don't know if they do this everywhere but our maternity ward here provided me with lansinol cream, tucks medicated pads and the pads you have to wear after labor. The tucks help ease some of the discomfort of pushing that baby out! It wasn't until several hours later I was given the tucks or the lansinol cream so I'd ask right away if they don't bring it up...both are EXTREMELY helpful in the healing process! Someone can always bring you something to wear home when you're released, if you can't spare any of that clothing. :happy:

Heather - Let's hope there aren't really any broken ribs in there but it definitely feels like the baby could break them sometimes! :laugh:
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...
    Lots of progress being made on this board...so cool.

As far as knowing when you are in labor...lol...oddly enough they say each pregnancy is different even if we have had kids before.
    What I really think ( and this is just me) it depends on is your level of pain tolerance...like the first time i went into labor...I wasn't sure so I just started timing my contractions ( i wonder if there is an app for this...if so it would have been so handy to have)..and I pretty much did that as long as I could manage...even when I finally went into the hosiptal I could have roughed it our at home a little longer but I lived an hour from the hospital and it was close to rush hour and my mom kept saying you have no idea how fast or slow you will progress your first time around better to be in the hospital...thing is my hospital doesn't admit until after 5 cm...luckily I was 7 and stayed there for 5 more hrs until the doc broke my water because that didn't break my first time either... Although the doc did point out the pain is worse after your water breaks...REALLY?! I couldn't have imagined that... but it also goes a lot quicker once your water breaks so it's a catch 22. I think when the pain gets so bad you are like what in the world...you are definitely in active labor. LOL...

As for dreams...wow...I have been having crazy dreams as well..but none about my baby...just odd out of this world stuff...maybe stuff I fear who knows.

Heather...too funny regarding your response to Denise's dream...that would be lovely even if she wasn't in labor.
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    hahahaaa...agree...you ladies are cracking me up!!! yea...i totally bought a $12 pee pad from CVS and have been sleeping on that. my water probably will not break in bed...but if it does...this $12 pad is being put to the test!!!

and about the bags...so true that we're all wearing our comfy clothes now!!! i ended up going to wal mart and getting some cheapy stuff to throw in the bag...nothing major and nothing that i spent too much money on. but i was like 'i cant put all my comfy stuff in the bag...thats my wardrobe for after work!!!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Not to change the topic...but just as a short commercial I was wondering how can I do I get onto the post partum group ( fit and fab after baby or something like that) ? I can't seem to find it when I do a group search or is it not a group but a thread? Just wondering as I would love to join.

Thanks
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Not to change the topic...but just as a short commercial I was wondering how can I do I get onto the post partum group ( fit and fab after baby or something like that) ? I can't seem to find it when I do a group search or is it not a group but a thread? Just wondering as I would love to join.

Thanks

I know...I can't find it either. It must be private or something.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    lol Thanks ladies for the laughs really need some of those today.

Still trainning here and on top they want us to close by tomorrow, where the 3 of us haven't even started. Oh well! I will Do what I can ONLY do between today & tomorrow.

I haven't really been concerned about the mattress, but i think my mattress cover is waterproof. My bag is half way done as I only have like 5 pants that fit one of them is supposed to be the one i take.

Anyways I'll update tomorrow after my appt!

~Brenda~37wks 2dys
  • DeniseGdz
    Options

Thanks

I know...I can't find it either. It must be private or something.

ladies hit Heather up, she sends you and invite.
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Okay update on my Dr apt~ I also tested positive for Strep B.

Here's the scoop for all those that wanted to know how it works~
    If you are having a vaginal birth then you will get approx 2 rounds of antibiotics. Dr said its not for you its to prevent the baby from getting it. So I asked him what if you get a yeast infection from the anibiotics as I normally do and he said not to worry if that happens then they can give another IV drip to prevent it ***BUT*** since I'm having a C-section the strep B exam is more of an FYI for them. Since I won't deliver vaginally then I have nothing to worry about because he will be rupturing my water. UNLESS, my water reptures on it's own- then when I arrive at the hospital the nurses will automatically put me on antibiotics (thanks to me testing positive & his notes) and 3 hours later he'd do the C section.

As far as measuring the belly. I measured 40 today but he said it's pointless and not to worry. He said after 36 weeks he stops measuring because the baby can be stretched or breached or in any position that would push your tummy out more than it should be and there is no way to know. So I asked him why they do measuring after 36 weeks and he said because "women" in general expect it. :laugh: Typical women right!?!?! LMAO!! :laugh:

Going in on monday for another Sonogram. Baby's heart beat was weak & faint. There was also moments when the heartbeat just stopped. He said that he can tell from the stress test that he's active and he thinks that he may be playing Hide-N-Seek behind the umbilical cord. He said when babies do that it dropps heart rates & movements on the stress test machine. As you can tell I'm not really worried. If it was serious there would be no way in H-E-L-L that he would let me out of his office!

Well I'm still at the office and it looks like another late night. Oh well. At least I got dinner on the way back from the doctors! :bigsmile: