Options
    Female XXX
    Male
    Select your height:
    5 feet 5 inches
    Input your age: 35
    How Active are You? mod. activr

Individual Weights:
    Hamwi Based Calculations: 112 pounds for a small frame, 125 pounds for a medium frame, and 137 pounds for a large frame.
    Robinson Based Calculation: 126 pounds.
    Miller Based Calculation: 132 pounds.
    BMI Based Calculation: 138 pounds.

Average Weights:
    AVERAGE OF ALL CALCULATIONS ABOVE: 128 POUNDS.
    NORMAL RANGE BASED ON THE AVERAGE: 115 - 141 POUNDS.
    RANGE BASED STRICTLY ON BMI: 111 - 149 POUNDS.

Caloric Need:
    Estimated Base BMR: 1352 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 2096 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1596 Calories

Ok so now I am confused. so do I eat 1596 when I dont lift?? Fitness frog gave me 2337 for my TDEE..
    Help Please
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Female XXX
    Male
    Select your height:
    5 feet 5 inches

Individual Weights:
    Hamwi Based Calculations: 112 pounds for a small frame, 125 pounds for a medium frame, and 137 pounds for a large frame.

Average Weights:

Caloric Need:

Ok so now I am confused. so do I eat 1596 when I dont lift?? Fitness frog gave me 2337 for my TDEE..
    Help Please

A safe cut is 15% subtracted from your TDEE...when you lift weights you should add 200 cals to the cut amount. If you do cardio you should make sure to eat back at least net of bmr.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Wow, just sat down and did the calculations and this has me at 1965 for losing, even higher than I was planning to bump up! I may have to work up to that. So far I've been aiming for between 1800-2000 but struggling a bit to get there. I'm finding that adding more protein seems to be decreasing my appetite some.

Oh my I know what you mean...my macros are 40/30/30 so I eat lots of protien. Bumpin to getting at least 1800 on nonworkout days is good. If you lift one day add 200 cals. BUT if you are a high calorie cardio burner....look at this:

Burn 1200
    Goal of 1800 - 1200 = net cals 600...way under your BMR
    If BMR is 1400 you would need to eat at least 800 cals to net BMR

If your not eating back enough cals on high burns it is the same thing as eating 600 or so calories on a day with no working out. People seem to think they can burn up 1200 cals or even more and not eat back but a couple hundred cals....nope...that too works against you. This is the reason I have cut back a bit on cardio...according to example above I would need to eat 2600 calories just to NET BMR....and really that is not something you want to keep doing either because that means your only feeding your body just enough to breathe??? Hmmmmm...something to think about...
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    So glad I joined this group very informative information!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Female XXX
    Male
    Select your height:
    5 feet 5 inches

Individual Weights:

Average Weights:

Caloric Need:

Help Please

A safe cut is 15% subtracted from your TDEE...when you lift weights you should add 200 cals to the cut amount. If you do cardio you should make sure to eat back at least net of bmr.

thanks a bunch ANewLucia, so it would be 1986, wow that is a ton.... guess ill have that treat tonight.. i am still trying to get to 1800 on a reg. basis so Ill just take it slow.
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm trying to figure out what I should be eating. I use the TDEE calculator which figured mine TDEE =2855 and my BMR=1660.75 and my exercise is 5-6 times per week very active. So I need to eat around 1700 or more rather than the 1540 goal I currently have.????
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read tomorrow...Cause I know I have always eaten more and still don't have the understanding of the BMR-TDEE but I will get to it tomorrow..

Thanks Lucia...Your ROCK
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Female XXX
    Male
    Select your height:
    5 feet 5 inches

Individual Weights:

Average Weights:

Caloric Need:

Help Please

thanks a bunch ANewLucia, so it would be 1986, wow that is a ton.... guess ill have that treat tonight.. i am still trying to get to 1800 on a reg. basis so Ill just take it slow.

Hun 1800 is a good start..you will loose...just when u plateau it is time to bump. Up....I plateaued and wated 3wks...tried bumpin 2 wks ago but wasn't ready to eat more yet. Well this week I am so I just went up to 1950...still under TDEE though
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Bumping to read tomorrow...Cause I know I have always eaten more and still don't have the understanding of the BMR-TDEE but I will get to it tomorrow..

Thanks Lucia...Your ROCK

Lol..glad you will take a look...I know this will shoot you to next level.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Okay I'm trying to figure out what I should be eating. I use the TDEE calculator which figured mine TDEE =2855 and my BMR=1660.75 and my exercise is 5-6 times per week very active. So I need to eat around 1700 or more rather than the 1540 goal I currently have.????

Jassy I'm s sorry I think I missed sending you the info based on the info you inboxed me. I will recheck those calcs tomorrow and send. If you don't here from me by noon inbox me.
  • ANewLucia
    Options

Well you are supposed to subtract 15% from TDEE and eat that on nonworkout days. That is a lot of eating...I would rather back up a bit off cardio and switch over to more lifting. Less cals to eat...
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Great information, thanks! I'm going to have to re-read this when I have less noise around me!
  • slporter3
    slporter3 Posts: 20
    Options
    Bump
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Female XXX
    Male
    Select your height:
    5 feet 5 inches

Individual Weights:

Average Weights:

Caloric Need:

Help Please

Hun 1800 is a good start..you will loose...just when u plateau it is time to bump. Up....I plateaued and wated 3wks...tried bumpin 2 wks ago but wasn't ready to eat more yet. Well this week I am so I just went up to 1950...still under TDEE though

Great I will stick with the 1800, a ton of food for that 1800. thanks for all your help!!
  • MichelleMcClung
    Options
    Thank you SO much for this!! It really helps!! You look amazing!! Keep up the hard work and keep the tips coming! :wink:
  • Febes24
    Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm glad I joined this group now. I've been frustrated but I feel like things will start changing for me and I'm ordering that book ASAP.
    I have a question
    I'm away and school and being atuck in a meal plan I don't really have much to contribute with what we're served on a daily basis so is purchasing protein powder and juat mixing my own shakes after workouts enough for protein count.
    I need help my TDEE is 3099 and my BMR is 1798.1 where do I go from here??
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Hallelujah! FINALLY found somewhere to explain the BMR/TDEE...and hopefully answer a couple questions from someone completely new to these numbers.

Can't wait to read through it all!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    @Febes- Protein powders can help.

Subtract 15% from your TDEE to determine your weight loss cals. ;)
  • Febes24
    Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you :-)