Low Carb Muffin in a Minute!

Options

Replies

• INRBM
    INRBM Posts: 4
    Options
    I wasn't a huge fan of the sweet one, so replaced the sugar & cinnamon with onion & garlic powder & a bit of grated cheddar, it tasted quite similar to a cheese scone!

Has anyone else found that half of one of these its more than enough? I couldn't manage the second half, but by the time I went back to it I think it had gone bad, didn't taste the same. Anyone tried freezing them?
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You are right that this is extremely filling and I tend to make it when I need something to keep me going all day long.. I usually eat half with my morning java and nibble on the rest thoughout the day. I'm not a fan of the sweet version but I love adding garlic powder and parmesan cheese...Don't know about freezing it because its so quick and easy and it never lasts long enough to need freezing.
  • ailies
    ailies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've just started the induction phase of the New Atkins (after a crippling migrane yesterday, detoxing from sugar, I'm on my way to ketosis :) ).

Providing I keep within my 20g of carbs a day, does anyone know if I am allowed these while in induction? Previoulsy the Akins told you to stay away from anything but pure protein and green veg for the Induction phase....

Am really looking forward to trying the savoury version tonight - just back from Holland & Barrets getting the Flax seed!

Thanks!
    Ails
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bumping as well - thanks!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've just started the induction phase of the New Atkins (after a crippling migrane yesterday, detoxing from sugar, I'm on my way to ketosis :) ).

Providing I keep within my 20g of carbs a day, does anyone know if I am allowed these while in induction? Previoulsy the Akins told you to stay away from anything but pure protein and green veg for the Induction phase....

Am really looking forward to trying the savoury version tonight - just back from Holland & Barrets getting the Flax seed!

Thanks!
    Ails

Flax seed & ground flax is atkins induction legal: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/atkinsdiet/a/atkinsfoodlists.htm
  • ailies
    ailies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Laura :)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    MIM update!

I made a raspberry sweet MIM this morning, using the sweet mim recipe (minus any cinnamon) and added about 6 raspberries (blended into the egg) and a few drops of raspberry flavouring (not essential but made the flavour more intense).

I topped it with a little cream cheese, mixed with a few more drops of raspberry flavouring.
  • alexaransome
    alexaransome Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Let's post pics of our different MIM's we've made! :)
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    OMG I am eating one as I type! Deliscious :-) I tried the cinnamon one with some butter so good!

How do you record it as individual ingredients?
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, these sound yummy!!! I'm gonna have to go pick up some flax seed!
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I literally just learned about MM's yesterday. I'm not sure though if all the versions are the same. The formula I found used almonds to make the base. Is that the norm or just another version? Trying to get a handle on things and I think this might be a great option for me while I'm battling those induction cravings! Thanks.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Tried this for breakfast this morning...AMAZING! Not quite the same texture as a real muffin, but for so little carbs I love that I can feel like I'm eating bread. And the fiber count...AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow! I tried these for the first time today! I made the one with cinnamon and Splenda, then split it open an put butter and a mix of granular Splenda/cinnamon on the top! Yummy! Thanks so much for the great recipes! I will make these again, for sure!

16621806.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe. Going to try these this week!
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, thank you! :heart:

It beats the heck out of every morning Whey powder protein drinks! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Have a wonderful day! :happy:
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Heres a few pics o my MIM

DSCF0677.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Thank you! this was wonderful. I had one for breakfast yesterday. Today I made a regular on, sliced it into 3 slices, buttered, and sf syrup. I haven't had pancakes in sooooo long.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the bread version will hold up in a lunchbox? I'm a student and will need to pack lunch a couple times a week next quarter.
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I tried making these in the tupperware lids to make a burger bun and they turned out so dry that they just crumbled up! My burger fell completely apart and ended up just eating the burger patty and cheese, again. Any tips? The recipe said to cook each half for 60 seconds, but would cooking it less time be better?
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    sounds excellent...