Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    Yeah, seems a little confusing @_@ but i'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. Do we check in everyday or every week??
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Megume, we tend to chat a lot during the week. Currently many of us are posing our points throughout the week but we only weigh in once, between Friday and Monday. Last month we had the really cool spreadsheet we could put our points onto and did the maths and everything but alas, March's spreadsheet is not yet with us.

Today's numbers
    House points - 60
    Owls - 6
    Newts - 0

I am RUBBISH at eating clean.
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Warning...this is long... but I just can't help it! I love it when my hard work pays off.
    I rarely say I had a great day at work...but it was just one of those days! I (my team that is) have been working very hard on a CQI (quality improvement) project to improve the flow of patients through my clinic. (AVERAGE--3 hours total from registration to pharmacy, 2 hours the patient is sitting doing nothing and 1 hour where we had the patient doing something productive.) I often joke that the administration just tied yet another limb behind my back and expect even more out of me...I have been saying for years, I know exactly where the problems are, and it is not us, the providers--- its them/the computer and overall system "that IS just because that is the way it has always been" . Anyways, so we got some money from the state (that most of it ironically goes to the independent consultant) I have spent the last 4 months timing every aspect of the visit. Having staff complain the whole time, listening to a theories we were out to get people fired (okay so 2 horrible employees got fired during the process--and it takes a lot for me to say ANYONE is horrible)...all while seeing patients nearly full time in clinic. Well today was the big day. We spent a week with our independent consultant (I would have paid him extra, he was incredible) and we presented our findings to the leadership team. I hate presenting to others. Okay so I LOVED the fact we finally had data to prove we were right. A scheduled 30 minute presentation turned into an almost 2 hour session with leadership's mouths wide open and they were actually were talking with us and were attempting to problem solve some of the issues we presented. UNBELIEVABLE! OK back to reality tomorrow...
    Thanks for reading this post...I just had to vent...and I love it when I can say something good! (bonus when it is not related to weight :))
    When I get the pictures, I will post the pictures of my team. All but 2 of us work directly together on a daily basis---oh and I need new clothes again...you see when I post the picture :smile:

STATs
    3/14 HP 40 owls 8 newts 2 (didn't track but had fruit for snacks)
    3/15 HP 30 owls 3 newts 1
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Here goes:

3/12
    OWLS-3
    NEWTS-3

3/13
    OWLS-5
    NEWTS-3

3/14
    OWLS-6
    NEWTS-2

3/15
    OWLS-6
    NEWTS-3
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    It's safe to say I am behind on logging my stats! I hope you've all had a good weekend...TGIF! I'm currently relaxing in bed and watching the film Fame. Happy days!

Stats for 13/02

OWLs - 3
    NEWTs - 4
    H.P - 30

14/02

OWLs - 2
    NEWTs - 3
    H.P - 20

15/02

OWLs - 6
    NEWTs - 6
    H.P - 45

16/02

OWLs - 3
    NEWTs - 2
    H.P - 30

Tomorrow I am working which I am looking forward to. My manager (who I adored) left on Thursday to go to another store and I have a new manager, who I am hoping to meet tomorrow.

What has everyone got planned for the weekend?
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    3/16
    NEWTs-2
    OWLs-4

As far as the weekend, it will be the usual -- take the kids to their events and clean house. Not as bad as it sounds though! We will be watching the film Tintin on Saturday and it is raining like crazy here so we will mostly be indoors.
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    Happy Saint Patrick's Day to everyone :smile:
    Having a great weekend. Beautiful weather this weekend...though too warm for March...hope it is not a sign of the summer to come!
    Maintained this week at 189...lucky for me this week given my decrease in activity!

stats
    3/16 HP 40 newts 2 owls 4
    3/17 HP 60 newts 3 owls 6
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    3/17
    NEWTs - 2
    OWLs - 3
    I don't understand the house points thing yet . . .
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    house points is the number of mins you have excercised during the week :smile:

Errr, I have lost count of my stats so I'm starting again.

Also I keep forgetting to weigh myself this weekend and I won't get a chance tomorrow.
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    If house points are number of minutes of exercise over the last week, then it is the amount of OWLs I posted times 10? I'm afraid after my eating this weekend my weighing in won't help the team - sorry! (I will still weigh and report but don't expect any weight loss)
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Okay, I think I am in for 130 house points. I realized it is not a straight OWLs times ten because of the bonuses, but I exercised 35 minutes 5 times last week plus an extra 60 minutes of aerobic activity combined during the week.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I have been less than productive today. After yet another week of no loss (that makes it a month since I lost weight), I spent the first hour of the morning crying and being generally angry because I'm trying no hard yet nothing is changing. After realising that I can cry all I want but it's not going to help, I went and did 41 minutes of exercise.

Today I found my biological dad on facebook once again. For those of you who don't know, I don't know my bio father. He and my mum divorced when I was 18 months and I haven't seen him since, I'm almost 19. My step dad has been in my life since I was 2 and a half. We have a rocky relationship but I love and appreciate him for all he has done for me. I don't know why I am so interested in my bio dad's life. I do wonder if he thinks about me, like on my birthday or at Christmas. I'm just having one of those days I think.

Weight is still at 150, much to my disappointed. My step dad has said he'll get my bike fixed over easter so I am really excited about that. I am hoping to cycle at least 5 miles a day and shift this weight!

Stats for 17/03

OWLs - 35
    NEWTs - 7
    H.P - 240

18/03

OWLs - 4
    NEWTs - 4
    H.P - 41
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    If house points are number of minutes of exercise over the last week, then it is the amount of OWLs I posted times 10? I'm afraid after my eating this weekend my weighing in won't help the team - sorry! (I will still weigh and report but don't expect any weight loss)

that is right about the house points. The owls are divided by 10 (1 owl for 10 minutes of activity) with the only exception is this month if my increase your daily activity by 10 minutes, you would add an owl...but only for the time you went over. so for example: Monday is 10 minutes= 1 owl Tues 20 minutes=3 owls (1 owl for the 10 minutes and 2 owls for the 20 minutes and 1 bonus owl because you increased by 10 minutes). No worries about the weight. All of us at one time or another have our ups and downs. It is all about learning your keys to weight loss.
    Off to exercise...and then take my hubby to the dentist...oh joy for me and my day off! Will post stats later!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hufflepuffs, I need your input in this thread. We might need to do a bit of reorganizing to help with busy schedules, and I want to hear your ideas:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/528213-weekly-challenges-and-results

Thanks in advance!
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Weight check in -- 159.6 pounds, a 1.6 pound gain! : ( Sorry team, but am still committed and will show progress . . .
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    NEWTS - 1
    OWLS - 19
    House points190

Sorry I can't be around but I'm sure you're fine anyway.

Have a look at what Bronwen has linked: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/528213-weekly-challenges-and-results and see what you think to their ideas.

x
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    I posted my 2 cents--in a nutshell:
    I am in full agreement of deputies or splitting responsibilities--I am most active on the weekends and the beginning of the week, I am willing to step in help out anyway I can.
    I like the way we are set up with challenges both within our house (owls and newts) and among the other houses (house cup and quiddatch). I guess I don't really care where the challenges come from though
    I do have some excel wizards at work, I will ask one of them to help us out and see if we can get Feb's fixed and get one fixed up for March.

Stats 3/18/12

HP 40
    owls 4
    newts 2

3/19/12
    HP 110
    OWLS 18 (11+7 for the difference)??
    Newts 1

As for hubby he is doing much better than expected. Extreme fear of dentists d/t childhood fears (justified I might add). He hadn't seen a dentist in 30 years. I suppose for all the annoying pain he has had over the past few months, a extraction is better! She almost has him talked into redoing some fillings and a cleaning...but one step at a time right???

Molly--look at the positive side of a plateau...though frustrating, you are at least learning what you will need to do to MAINTAIN the weight you lose. Sometimes your body needs time to catch up/adjust with the weight you have lost to date. I was stuck for 6 months once where I lost and gained the same 5 pounds...Activity change (adding a spinning class) and decreasing processed foods is what finally got me going again. Again that is me, everyone has to discover their unique solution for solving their plateaus. I hope your step dad can fix your bike...sounds like just what you need.
  • bumflapassassin
    Options
    Hey guys, I have also posted my opinions in the other thread (about organisation). Please can you have a read and say what you think. Does anyone else want to volunteer to help out while Queeda is unavailable? To be honest I don't think much is required.

Carolinagirl, I think we can get a spreadsheet from Bronwen so hopefully you won't need to bother your colleague with it :wink:

Is everyone ok anyway? I went dancing on Saturday and am still having trouble moving. It would appear that there is such a thing as too much dancing :tongue:

>>>>>

Hello hello

1. Bronwen, please can we use the spreadsheet you're working on? That would be really helpful; thank you

2. I think that you should have a link to all house's spreadsheets so that if you need to for any reason, you have access to the stats.

3. I think that it would be great to have a page for challenge ideas.

4. Although I'm not against sharing the same challenges as everyone else, in Hufflepuff we had a system where head boys/girls were chosen bi-monthly (whoever scored the most in the owl/newt challenges became head boys/girls) and they then chose the challenges. I liked this because I have an almost embarrassing competitive streak which made me work even harder. But there were difficulties with it such as timeliness of posting the challenges so perhaps that's something we can talk about in our common room.

5. I am happy to volunteer to help Queeda and the other head of houses out when I can. I am sure that there are others in Hufflepuff who will be happy to share this responsibility. But other than giving you the numbers from the spreadsheet, what else is required?
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Nelly!! Jenn is so far behind on everything!!

I need the spreadsheet. LOL!
    I have rode my bicycle per normal... I eat great while at work... then I come home and eat crap! Same dang story! Ugh! However, the AMAZING weather in Chicago has gotten us outta the house more so less time for me to eat crap. I haven't weighed in in a few weeks because I was almost 10 pounds up (still) from before Christmas. **Disappointed with oneself!**

Hope everyone is great.. Welcome to the new memebers... I will add up all my HP's soon and post... Oye!

K. Luvs! Bye!!
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    I just started last week so I haven't yet formed an opinion about the post from Bronwen. I haven't yet seen the spreadsheet.

3/19
    OWLs - 5
    NEWTs - 3
    House Points - 50