Post-Workout Check In

Options

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 Week 4 Day 2 done, although I have to use several of the beginner modifications! I am glad I started this in the winter because it is really making me sweat and I would have to be cranking the air conditioner if it were summer . . .
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just finished 6w6p. and followed it up with a really good stretch
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Ripped in 30 Week 4 Day 3 complete. A really fit person came up to me and told me it looked like I was increasing in fitness - yay, my efforts are becoming noticible!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I took a break from Ripped in 30 and did BFBM today. Boy, I must be out of shape, or maybe Jillian has a way of making me feel that way.
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    K so I just did JM No More Trouble Zones. Not gonna lie, I expected a more intense workout. This vid reminds me of 30 Day Shred minus the cardio. But still a good workout and I worked up a sweat so I'm happy, and worked muscles I never worked before.
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    Yay just finished day 2 of No More Trouble Zones. Somehow it was harder than day 1 (probably because I did it first thing in the morning on an empty tummy, and also did it last night). I'm starting ripped in 30 tomorrow! :)
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 level 1 of 30 day shred. Not sure if I'm going to be able to walk later today but I'm determined to keep going with no rest days. I've read if you can make it past day 5 it gets easier. Someone please tell me this is true!!
  • EBFNP
    Options
    Just finished level 3 of Ripped in 30..thank goodness..lol..I will probably start level 4 Sunday or Monday..undecided.
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Hi K Braddock, you heard right - after the first few days the after affects are not as pronounced and instead you just feel great that you did the workout but are not sore like the first few days.

That said, I finished Week 4 Day 5 today. I only do 5 days a week and take the weekends off. Next week I am going to do one level each weekday. I'm thinking of getting 30DS once i have completed 30 (non-consecutive) days of Ripped in 30.

I felt great after completing my workout today but I confess I am fatigued in the evening. I also confess that I did many of the beginner modifications. But I have seen and felt results and I love that I am getting stronger!
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    Done Ripped in 30 level 1, day 1. Loved this workout! very doable. Reminded me of 30 day shred. I mostly used my 4 pound weights but had to do the 2lb eights on some of the arm moves. Overall very good! I look forward to doing this regularly :)
  • xMsAlly
    Options
    Just finished day 3 level 1 of 30 day shred. Not sure if I'm going to be able to walk later today but I'm determined to keep going with no rest days. I've read if you can make it past day 5 it gets easier. Someone please tell me this is true!!

It definitely gets easier after day 5! after that you get eager to move on
  • k_braddock
    Options
    Thanks sanjoparolas! I made it through day 5 level 1 and I'm doing great! Really looking forward to the results. Sometimes I do the modifications, sometimes I don't. I figure when I don't have to, I'll move to the next level. I took all my measurements before I started and I can't wait to post them when I'm finished!
  • k_braddock
    Options
    I'm fixing to do day 7 level (30 Day Shred) and couldn't wait to take my measurements for the first week. I've lost 2 lbs, 3 inches from the bra line down and added a 1/4 inch to each bicep. No change in my thighs yet but I expect that to happen in time. They're sore enough!
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Since I only did 5 weekdays of each level of Ripped in 30, at the completion of week 4 I had only done the workout 20 days. So today I went back and completed Level 1, technically day 6. I ordered a few other Jillian DVDs for when I complete my full cycle of this one. I will also be adding some body weight exercises with my (all male) family in the evenings.
  • boogiewoman1
    Options
    I alternate 30ds and ripped abs in 6. week one . I sweat. love it. so energized after it's over
    :)
  • EBFNP
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 Level 4. That workout is tough on the upper body. My goodness. I could barely complete some of the circuits..lol..I think I am going to do this level for about 7 days like I did Level 3.
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Ripped in 30 Level 2 Day 6 complete. I agree with you Boogiewoman about the awesome energized feeling I get when I am done. I also agree with you EBFNP that Levels 3 and 4 are really tough and I will be doing 7 days of each. Great going everybody! Did I mention here that I am newly able to see my ab muscles? Very exciting stuff!
  • EBFNP
    Options
    Ripped in 30 Level 2 Day 6 complete. I agree with you Boogiewoman about the awesome energized feeling I get when I am done. I also agree with you EBFNP that Levels 3 and 4 are really tough and I will be doing 7 days of each. Great going everybody! Did I mention here that I am newly able to see my ab muscles? Very exciting stuff!
    '

That is so cool. I am seeing mines, well I did until I got bloated the past few days..lol.Yes, I struggled so much even with the shoulder press at the beginning..lol. I think the crescent pose with the plank is what got me.. I am going to finish this next week, and then I will start a combination of no more trouble zones and six week 6 pack.
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    Ripped in 30 Level 3 Day 6 complete - whew!
  • EBFNP
    Options
    Completed Ripped in 30 Level 4 today. I did pretty decent today. My upper body strength still sucks, but I am see more definition in my back and shoulder.Woot Woot!