Options

Replies

• Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Gym boy wasn't there today. :explode: :mad: :angry:

I'm starting to lose my patience.

Ugggghhhh me toooo!!!!!!!!!!!

You can hang out with my brother anytime lol. He would probably appreciate it :smokin:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    So POF girls. Do you send a message to the guys you don't want to communicate with? I had almost 40 emails and only really want to respond to 3 of them.

If they wrote me a long message and I could tell they really read my profile I would send a simple "thank you for reading my profile" just because I wanted to be nice.

All the other stupid 1 liners ("you're hot" "nice pics" "how are you") were simply deleted.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I had date number four with a particular guy yesterday. It went well as they always do. We went to see The Hunger Games (he's even read the book :wink: ) and dinner. He's easy to be with and I like him. All signs point to a date number five as well.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I had date number four with a particular guy yesterday. It went well as they always do. We went to see The Hunger Games (he's even read the book :wink: ) and dinner. He's easy to be with and I like him. All signs point to a date number five as well.

yay :drinker: keep us posted.
  • agregson1985
    agregson1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i had a wicked date! remember when i thought i was getting played back in like january! haha well weve been dating! we went to the hunger games, canadian brewhouse for some beers and food! And in a couple weeks were going to the mountains for a couple nights!!!:love:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Gym boy wasn't there today

aww man :-(
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    So. . . there's this church girl. . .she gets in line behind me at the chili cook off and strikes up a conversation with me and introduces herself. So I'm fairly dumbfounded by this because she's freaking beautiful (not that I'm not worthy. . but wow). . Anyway, so that's that, I say goodbye and thanks for the vote as I'm leaving with my first place trophy. .

So now I'm looking for her at church and I run into her every week and chat her up for about 5 minutes before and sometimes after church (she sits with her family, and there are three services. . so it's a crap shoot which one either of us goes to (my kid hates the one she (usually) goes to, so I usually cave to his demands (he's 5. . I want him to LIKE church!). .

Anyway, so HOW in the world do you make any progress in a situation like that!? I'm not sure if she's just super nice to everybody or if she's interested. .partially because I've been out of this game for so long. . I did some online stuff, but that is COMPLETELY different from real life (or so I've discovered). . I can churn out the charm 80 words a minute online. . in person it's "duh . .uhh. . . blhorll . . huh? hi". .

Ok. .I'm not THAT inept, but it does take some practice to get those skills back..

So last Sunday I just happen to run into her (I'm practically stalking her). . and I told her that we need her on the softball team. . she asks a few questions about who to contact and so I said: "What's your number. . I'll text you the info". and she gave it to me!

so. . ladies. . creepy or cute? Obvious? Do I just ask her out, or carry on a text only thing for awhile? how long? I'm inclined to play it by ear, but I may be tone-deaf and I don't want to end up one of your creepy guy stories on these forums!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Car81307, I would start off with the softball info and maybe add some humor/ flirty stuff in there.. if she responds then you'll catch on if she's interested.
    You could always call her!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    we went to the hunger games

Sounds like Hunger games was the date of the weekend. I've seen three of us with dates to the hunger games!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Car81307, I would start off with the softball info and maybe add some humor/ flirty stuff in there.. if she responds then you'll catch on if she's interested.
    You could always call her!!!

That's been my strategy so far. . . got a 'lol' or two. . keeping it low volume. :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

You don't pull the trigger when you can and then you blame him for lack of patience? Really?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    So. . . there's this church girl. . .
    I told her that we need her on the softball team. . she asks a few questions about who to contact and so I said: "What's your number. . I'll text you the info". and she gave it to me!

so. . ladies. . creepy or cute? Obvious? Do I just ask her out, or carry on a text only thing for awhile? how long? I'm inclined to play it by ear, but I may be tone-deaf and I don't want to end up one of your creepy guy stories on these forums!

Wow, that's tough being in the same church because if you creep her out then you'll still see each other often and that could be awkward. Since the church has 3 services, I'm guessing it's large enough to have some fellowships or singles events on a regular basis. In addition to the softball angle, perhaps you could ask her if she's attending the next one and hang out with her. If you get a good vibe, you could ask her out for coffee/lunch/dinner. Just whatever you do, try to make it easy for her to say no without being permanently awkward (easier said than done- wish I had a good suggestion).

Hope it works out!
  • La_Amazona
    Options

You don't pull the trigger when you can and then you blame him for lack of patience? Really?

Whatcha mean jelly bean? Now it's my fault he didn't show up when he should had? He's been slacking... last Thursday he was late (I think). Then today he wasn't even there. Tuesdays is the for sure day I see him though so it has to be tomorrow.

It seems when I'm looking for him he's not there.. and when I am not, he's everywhere. Today I had anxiety everytime the door opened because I knew that was it. I'm determined. Tomorrow is the day. (if he's there)
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Oh so tomorrow was the concert with friend lover but I received news that they moved it to Wednesday. I figured I wasn't going to see gym guy since I was going to possibly skip gym but apparently it's meant to be and we shall see each other tomorrow. HE BETTER BE THERE.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Super!! Date 5 would mean a serious relationship to me!! :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Gym boy wasn't there today

aww man :-(

yep! This guy is bugging me now!!! :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    So. . . there's this church girl. . .
    I told her that we need her on the softball team. . she asks a few questions about who to contact and so I said: "What's your number. . I'll text you the info". and she gave it to me!

Wow, that's tough being in the same church because if you creep her out then you'll still see each other often and that could be awkward. Since the church has 3 services, I'm guessing it's large enough to have some fellowships or singles events on a regular basis. In addition to the softball angle, perhaps you could ask her if she's attending the next one and hang out with her. If you get a good vibe, you could ask her out for coffee/lunch/dinner. Just whatever you do, try to make it easy for her to say no without being permanently awkward (easier said than done- wish I had a good suggestion).

Hope it works out!

^^^this!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    I came down to Pensacola for a date/weekend.

The good, we spent the entire 48 hours together and get along great.
    The bad, I'm not certain she's serious about being exclusive.

Hey! Give it time!! How many times have you met? How far do you live away from each other??

This was our first real date. We live about 7 hours apart.

Holy smokes! I have a difficult time seeing someone who lives more than 20-30 minutes away from me.

We're been texting and talking this week and we're going to make a go of it. Never say never.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    There's one particular lady I'm starting to see on quite a regular basis now. Kinda nice cause I'm tired of the one & done dates. O, forgot to mention that I got my tongue pierced just yesterday! Now to figure out how I can use this to my benefit!:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    There's one particular lady I'm starting to see on quite a regular basis now. Kinda nice cause I'm tired of the one & done dates. O, forgot to mention that I got my tongue pierced just yesterday! Now to figure out how I can use this to my benefit!:laugh: :bigsmile:

When you start thinking, "to her benefit" then you'll get your benefit. Think forward...