Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Gentlemen,
    I hope this posting finds all of you happy, healthy and getting better every day. I had a strong week. Only 6.5 lbs to go in the next 9 days. Then it's on to the next goal. I feel better than I've felt in almost 15 years. I've got more energy and can actually believe that I'll be 200 lbs again. Oh by the way, Tim please reduce my goal weight to 200 lbs.
    Once again, I can't thank you all enough for being in this group. It drives me every week to stay on track.

Here are my numbers for the report.

SW -381
    GW - 200 (Changed from 215)
    LW - 294.5
    CW - 287.5
    WT - 7.0
    TWL - 93.5
    DLP - 03/22/12
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Made a bunch of changes this week and I think I had a bit of an "Ah-Ha" moment. Changed my desired weight loss to 2 lb/wk and stopped eating back all of my exercise calories. LWW: 258, CW 254.

Also thought I would share my "Ah-Ha" moment that I posted elsewhere on MFP.

"While I was cleaning I had a thought. I don't think I have been burning as many calories as I have taking credit for. For example, I had set up MFP to take a 500 calorie deficit per day so that I would lose one pound per week. Since the deficit was already taken into account, I was (until this week) eating back my exercise calories. This morning, the heart rate monitor said I burned 498 calories in 1 hr 45 min cleaning the house and I had a maximum heart rate of 120 BPM. I was thinking, there is a certain amount of calories I should have burned during that time (BMR for resting, TDEE for sedentary life for typical daily). I calculated my BMR for the 1 hr 45 min and it was 166 calories and my TDEE was 200 calories. In realty, I only burned 332 calories more than my resting rate using BMR (498-166) and 298 calories using the TDEE (498-200). It gets worse, the MFP calculation I used for heavy cleaning said I burned 671 calories instead of the 498 for a difference of 173 calories. If I had eaten back the 671 calories as I did in the past, I would have eaten back 173+200 = 373 calories more than I actually burned. In other words, my 1 pound per week would now be down to about 0.25 lb per week. From now on, I’m not counting all of my exercise calories but only 60% of them (332/498 from above). "
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    LWW - 245lbs.
    CWW - 245lbs.

Between bad weather and being on call this past week I did an unscheduled "deload" week from the lifting. I am sure the joints benefited from the additional recover, but it sure felt good to lift yesterday.

Hoping for a more stable week this next week and more progress.
  • Bigeddy
    Bigeddy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LWW: 117.8 / 259.2
    CWW: 117.4 / 258.8

Almost no sports due to knee injury (getting older:smile: )..., so little progress.

Cheers to you all
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    no change for me this week. I have to stop snacking in the evening. And WHY do woman keep chocolate eggs at their desks!!!! :)
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LW: 231.4 (3/19/12)
    CW: 232.2 (3/26/12)
    Gained: 0.8
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Just call me Duncan! Up 1.2 lb from last week. LWW 303 CW 304.2 - It's from all the lifting, ya that's it, that's the story! :-/
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Haven't had much of a response as far as updates this week, so I'll wait till tomorrow to post updates. If you haven't gotten yours in, please do so.
  • tllstaco
    Options
    In the words of Pink Floyd....."Is there anybody out there" ? :-)
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    Sorry, completely slipped my mind this week. No change to report anyway.
  • cnweiss88
    cnweiss88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sorry-- I was at 181.8 lbs this morning. So, I recovered from last week's gain and I am back on track.

Best.
    Cary
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Greetings Men,
    Not a great turnout this week. Todd continues to amaze and astound with his success. Taco has really stepped it up also. Great job guys. Here is this week's chart.

WeekofMar19.jpg
  • tllstaco
    Options
    Great job everybody!! Keep it up!
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends, Hope every one is doing max efforts in their fitness programs. Two days before I came back with all new energy from my Vacation. Now I have to build from 0 log-in days (as I lost my prvevious logged-in130 days record :sad: ).

I checked all our group entries, as our Team Leader said, congrats for last before week Good Results. And let us put together more efforts this week to lose more.

Special congrats to our Topper Toddhbrown... :flowerforyou:

Best of Luck to all ...:flowerforyou:
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Gentlemen,
    It was a great week. I am pleased to share with you that I HIT MY GOAL!
    I have officially lost 100 lbs in just under 3 months. :)
    80.5 lbs to go.

SW -381
    GW - 200
    LW - 287.5
    CW - 280.5
    WT - 7.0
    TWL - 100.5
    DLP - 03/29/12
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    lww - 245
    cww - 244

Had some great workouts and feeling strong. Keep after it everybody.
  • tllstaco
    Options
    No loss this week. However, did have several NSVs. Put on one of the tighter pair of shorts I have yesterday and they were about to fall off so I had to get a belt. Also put on an XL shirt I bought and you can't see my love handles unless I bend sideways or bend over. I'm so used to shirts being loose that it feels tight right now, but I think I'll get used to it.

Congrats toddhbrown on meeting your goal!!

Keep up the great work guys!
  • cnweiss88
    cnweiss88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

This morning I was at 181.4 lbs (a 0.4 lb loss since last week). This is obviously not as much as I hope for for a weekly loss...
    I will be on vacation next week--while I won't have a scale to weigh in, I will have a computer to check-up on MFP. I hope to come back from vacation with some new plans t shake up my routine and get me out of my several-week plateau. Any advice regarding getting out of a plateau would be great.

Best,
    Cary
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey Gentlemen,
    It was a great week. I am pleased to share with you that I HIT MY GOAL!
    I have officially lost 100 lbs in just under 3 months. :)
    80.5 lbs to go.

SW -381
    GW - 200
    LW - 287.5
    CW - 280.5
    WT - 7.0
    TWL - 100.5
    DLP - 03/29/12

Congratulations Friend... :flowerforyou:
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member