Gryffindor Common Room

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies some of you left about our latest Head of House situation. I'm working out the kinks with the other Houses, but I think it's time for me to let go of the reigns a bit and set a plan in place for when I need some extra help.

Is anyone willing AND able to be my Deputy Head of House? It would mostly be posting challenges and calculating results, possibly collecting results from other Houses ONLY when I couldn't.

I know you all would be great, but it's up to you if you'd like to volunteer to be 'on call.'

I volunteer as tribute of District 12, Oops, sorry, wrong fandom.
    Yes, Bron, I will volunteer to help you. I have hesitated only beause I am nervous about it, not that I don't want to help. I really love this group and would hate to see it go down. Let me know what you need me to do. I know you mentioned it being on an as needed basis only but if there is some weekly task I could take off your hands I would do that.

I really need to read those! I seriously want to but it's just not a priority at the moment :(

Mindy, if you want to be on call as my Deputy, that would be amazing! I know you have a lot going on, though, and Letty_c also volunteered, so if you'd rather not, I'm not left out to dry :)

I'm not sure what a weekly task would be with posting challenges monthly and the spreadsheets being used in all the Houses. I would really just appreciate being able to delegate quickly if I needed to.
    Hey, no problem. Glad to see you are getting some help. Just let me know if you ever get in a pinch and need a little help. I've got your back. Things are settling down for me. My mom is up and running again. I don't have tons of free time but I will give the group what I can.

You're wonderful. Let's officially have Letty be my deputy, and you can be HER backup. Yes? I like this plan. What would I do without my Gryffs?!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I think we're going to switch to the same spreadsheet format as Ravenclaw, it's much lower maintenance. Is anyone vehemently opposed?

Challenges for April are going up sometime today!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think we're going to switch to the same spreadsheet format as Ravenclaw, it's much lower maintenance. Is anyone vehemently opposed?

Challenges for April are going up sometime today!

I AM vehemently opposed! How dare you do all this work for us to keep the group going and then try to change to an easier spreadsheet!!!!!! What are you thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • veganbaum
    Options
    On second thought, sounds like a good idea. (I really have no idea what Ravenclaw's looks like, but whatever works I'm good with.)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hahaha! I know, I'm so mean!

You can go look at the spreadsheets in a new thread on page two of the group and get a feel for it, if you like. You should be able to just look at all of them, but obviously don't edit!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Gryffs! I didn't quite get the challenges done or the spreadsheet, but they'll be done tomorrow, I can assure you!

FOR NOW, please weigh in on the current spreadsheet, in the red column on the April tab. Remember, this is our starting weight for April, no one should be worried about reporting OWLs or NEWTs.

Add your username if yours isn't there yet.

Thanks, guys!
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey all

New fellow Gryffindor reporting for duty. I've added my name to the spreadsheet and can't wait to get started with you all. :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    VERY IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE NOTE!

THIS is your new spreadsheet!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdE1ISXJFWWpGSy02Q2p2SEJLcDdSTEE

YOU ONLY NEED TO ENTER THINGS INTO THE 'Weigh In Here' TAB!

Please review the guidelines to keeping the spreadsheet accurate here, if you have questions: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/543452-check-in-spreadsheet-info

You can also find the link in that thread if you ever lose track of it.

The weights that were already posted in the old spreadsheet have been transferred, so that spreadsheet is NOW INVALID! Please disregard it!

PLEASE DO NOT touch anything on any tab besides the first tab! The formulas will corrupt.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    hiya i want to join please thanks xx
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    If you reply here, you're in! We're always open to new students.

If you're confused, PLEASE read the rules before you ask. There's a very good chance your question could be answered there:

If you don't understand something and you haven't read the rules first, read them here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/398364-inter-house-challenges-rules-info-s

I'm not even kidding, read the rules. They help us all stay on the same page and keep the challenges fair. And many of your questions could be answered there, first. You're always free to ask questions after!

YOU all need to enter your OWLs/NEWTs/House Points onto the spreadsheet WEEKLY.
    You can always post them in the Common Room to chat about your progress, but it's YOUR responsibility to add them to the chart.

House Points are ALL exercise minutes, including ones for strength training/cardio/OWLs. House Points are NOT calories burned. Only minutes exercised.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    APRIL WEEK 1 OWLs & NEWTs:

**For OWLs: Set yourself a daily goal of how many of the exercise you're going to aim to do. You earn 5 OWLs for meeting/exceeding your goal, 3 OWLs if you make it halfway to your goal, and 1 OWL if you try to do some but don't make it at least halfway to your goal.

**For NEWTs: How you earn these will be noted each week.

**For SPEW: You earn points for every time you post in the Common Room to chit chat, up to 5 points a day (35 points total possible for the week). I hope this will encourage us to be more active in supporting each other and helping each other build motivation.

WEEK 1:
    (Starting after check-in between 3/30-4/2
    and ending with check-in between 4/6-4/9)

OWL (exercise): Planks! You can do either version (the first is on your hands, the second is on your elbows) http://www.howcast.com/videos/388-How-To-Do-the-Plank-Pose OR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btB13yctCTU

Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food): Measurements! I know this is not food-related, but bear with me. I would like to start having the first week's NEWTs be to take measurements for a while. So often we focus on the scale and forget to look at the other changes our bodies make.

Take as many measurements as you want. MFP has some basic ones when you go to 'check-in' but you can add as many as you want. I suggest picking the areas that want to see progress in most right now and measure those. You'll be able to see your progress in a month when we take them again!

You earn 5 NEWTs if you record your measurements, and 5 NEWTs if you post them in the Common Room to hold yourself accountable. 10 NEWTs possible for this week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).
    Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.

***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

The challenges for this week and the rest of April are posted here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/edit/april-gryffindor-owls-newts-235384
  • rara2020
    rara2020 Posts: 1
    Options
    I guess we are just not as good as others I can't get on the spreed sheet. please help as I would love to join this month.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Are you using the most current link?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdE1ISXJFWWpGSy02Q2p2SEJLcDdSTEE#gid=0

Some people have been adding their names already, so keep trying! I'll keep helping if you need it :)
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    hey fellow griffs i am back if you will have me!! was very busy with work but it has calmed down so i will have time to get back to it!!! gained some weight and inches and need to get rid of them again!!!!

take me back PLEASE~!!!!!

I MISSED YOU ALL!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    hey fellow griffs i am back if you will have me!! was very busy with work but it has calmed down so i will have time to get back to it!!! gained some weight and inches and need to get rid of them again!!!!

take me back PLEASE~!!!!!

I MISSED YOU ALL!

Of COURSE we'll have you back, crazy lady! I'd read back the last couple pages and catch yourself up on the changes we've made :)
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Stupid question with the planks is our goal going to be a number of planks or can I have a goal of planking for so many minutes cause you know my arms are so buff I can plank for forever..... so maybe planking for a minute but either way that is my question.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Stupid question with the planks is our goal going to be a number of planks or can I have a goal of planking for so many minutes cause you know my arms are so buff I can plank for forever..... so maybe planking for a minute but either way that is my question.

You can set your goal however you'd like to, and seconds or minutes or times a day are all acceptable options. :)
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ok everybody here are my horrific measurements!!!

waist 41
    Hips 49
    arms 13.5
    thighs 29.5

now planks here I come!!!!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    ok so here goes.... when i was gone i thought i gained some weight and maybe a few inches but it looks like i gained more than i thought... yikes!!!

waist: 30.5
    hips: 34
    butt: 36
    weight: 137

i also added my thighs to my check in:

both measure at 21
  • veganbaum
    Options
    I'm going to point measurements later in the week. I took some last week, but not all the ones I wanted to. Then I forgot to do it on my last weigh in day. I just spiked Saturday, which raises my weight for a few days, so I have to wait for that to go down.

Hope everyone's having fun planking! I would choose planking over push-ups any day.