2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Quick pop in.. just got home from my doc appt. The cerclage he put in last week is doing it's job so far. So limited activity is to continue but no bed rest! Hae a great day all!
  • Brandy715
    Brandy715 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Emily- I have my glucose test next month and mine is the orange drink- what is it like?? Is it thick? Or just really sweet?? I’m wondering how well that will go! Congrats on the anniversary coming up!

Sugarbabie- Congrats on the baby girl!!!

Destiny- Why do you feel like you have gestational diabetes?? Good Luck with Olivia’s birthday party!!!

Misslouisiana- congrats on the boy!!!  That is what I am having!

BrunetteWife- Glad the cerclage is working and no problems!!

As for me- I have been horrible today with my eating. All I could think about was a big juicy cheeseburger. So I was bad and had one- and I must say…it was amazing!  But other than that- nothing new going on with me- my parents are taking me this weekend to look at crib/dresser they have decided they are going to buy this for Mason! Which we are really excited about- so hopefully we will be able to find something that we like.

I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Brandy
    20weeks
  • jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Brandy- the glucose drink tastes basically like orange fanta or sunkist but it is really, really sweet. It might make you nausious. It has with me. With my previous pregancies I have had to get done the 3 hr glucose test which is devistating. That time around i got a drink that was like sprite just extra sweet. It also has a tangy taste that gets stuck in your throat. You should have asked if you couls have water after you take it. It takes a little drink of watrer or so for that tangy taste to go away.

AFM- I think I am finally realizing there is a baby in my. I have had alot of headaches lately but I think it is mainly beacuse I am hungry all the time. And of course I try to pick healthy foods but I am just never full. I am 18 weeks and have already gained 20 pounds. Which is depresing since I worked so hard to get the weight off. But them again, with my other two preganacies I went up about 30 pounds and was able to go down 20-25 pounds right after the delivery. I guess alot could be water retention, beacuse I am also getting swollen hands, feet and ankles already? But my husband keeps on telling me not to worry that it is for a good reason and not just beacuse I am over eating. I have felt the baby move a few time now, when I lay on my back in bed you can actually even see her move from one side of my stomach. She like to the right side for some reason. I bought my traveling system last week. I thought one of the first things I will need is a car seat, so we purchased that. But I still have not bought any clothes. I have my ultrasound through my doctor next week. If the tech confirms that she really is a girl I will start to look for thing for her then. This pregnancy has been so emotional, and at home we have had so much drama with my in laws, but thank God that that is over.

Wishing you all a great day. And congratulation to the ladies that found out the gender of their babies. I have two boy who are a handful but they are adorable. I wish you all the best!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

myiceisonfire – been having weird dreams for a while now, my last two were about bleeding and DH and I getting a divorce, so I’d just as soon not have them!

Yahyamommy – thanks, I’m already in love with him, watching him yawn in 3D was amazing, how did he know to cover his mouth? Your weight gain seems fine, I guess you’re shooting for lower than average gains?

BrunetteWife – so glad to hear you’re doing well! Can you do walking or no? And pregnant chicken is funny!

amber – sorry to hear you’re still sick, our immune system gets weak during pregnancy unfortunately. Looking forward to hearing your good news on Friday

speedyme – so sorry to hear about the fall, I guess better your arm than your baby or your face but that must suck! You know preggos can take narcotics with very little risk…

Brandy – congrats on the time with family and celebrating your little boy! Feeling him move is awesome! I loooove the baby kicks! Thanks for the link, I will check it out! I think you are better off eating the hamburger if you crave it, glad you enjoyed it. Happy crib shopping!

Emily – I AM glad to see you gaining, why the sad face, you’re still below average, no? I hate lunges too but I feel like I need ‘em. What is stopping you and your fiancé from getting married? Isn’t it at least better for tax, etc?

xosugarbabie – yay and congrats on your little girl!!! You’re doing great, your weight will balance out!

Jalyn – sorry to hear about the contractions and bleeding, be careful out there! I will be hot on your heels to the 3rd tri…

Destiny – hope you had fun in the detention center, lol! Let me know how the band goes for you. I get a little BH action when working out sometimes but nothing that feels dangerous…

misslouisianna – congrats on having a little boy! I’m sure the weight will even out, mine has been!

Helen – yup, I’m sure you’ll be showing soon! I was barely showing at your stage but then the belly rapidly expanded! Not too sure about US holidays since I work in the ER and don’t really get any…

jcgutierrez – I definitely hope I am mainly gaining water as well! Congrats on the baby movement, too! Looking forward to your ultrasound results

AFM - passed my glucose test with flying colors! It tasted like a flat orange sunkist with extra corn syrup. Not bad at first but then disgusting and only 5 mins to drink it. Then I was exhausted. Oh well, at least it's over. This week has been cool in the sense that my little boy is moving a ton and I love watching my belly rumble. My appetite has gone up though so I wonder if I will still be close to the 149 I've been having onto for so long when I weigh in on Friday. Last week I didn't really count cals and I didn't gain but this week is likely different. I'm a little stressed cause I did our taxes and Uncle Sam will be taking a sizable chunk of our savings, I just want to make sure we don't get into trouble while I'm on maternity leave! Worked out every day but today so far, was exhausted after going to an all day meeting with little sleep. My mom is coming Friday for the weekend (mainly to "witness" my pregnancy in person) and I'll be 28 weeks/7 months!!! Will definitely check in here again before I would jump over to the other thread though!

Melissa
    27wk 5 days
    +19 & change?
  • sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    UGH Help ladies!!!!!! I've come back from the States with a stinking cold and terrible heartburn.... not slept a wink in 3 nights....
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated...... :(((((
  • cutmd
    Options
    UGH Help ladies!!!!!! I've come back from the States with a stinking cold and terrible heartburn.... not slept a wink in 3 nights....
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated...... :(((((
    Awww, sorry! Ginger ale and peppermint tea (drunk in close proximity) helped with my heartburn. Also Zantac and tums are safe for pregnancy, try also elevating your bed or at least lying on mysore pillows. Benadryl is a sleep aid that is safe for pregnancy as well. Feel better!
  • sas6575
    Options
    Thank you hun xx
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    BrunetteWife – so glad to hear you’re doing well! Can you do walking or no? And pregnant chicken is funny!

Thanks! Yea, I'm allowed to walk for exercise 30min at a time. I'm still allowed to work, which is only 4hrs a day and I can swim when it gets warmer as of now.But they'd rather me just take it super easy. So I won't exercise on days I work since it's about 2-3hrs of walking on and off. When I get home, I try to stay low key and prop up the feet, concrete floors suck! I go back in 4 weeks which puts me at 26wks for a check up only. I figured for sure I'd be having my glucose test then but it wasn't scheduled. SO maybe they'll have me do it at 28wks and come in for a separate appointment. They usually don't go into the third trimester with that test, do they?
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Speedyme - Ah! Sorry about the fall, hope you are feeling ok & hope your scan goes ok today.

Emily - Contrats on 3rd Tri - Your weight gain seems very low unless mine is very high! I should send you some battenburg over! lol

Sugarbabie - congrats on a girl. Did you have any feelins she was a girl? I have no clue which mine might be (we are keeping it a surprise)

Jalyner - Contrats on 3rd Tri too. Glad baby ok - sounds scary experience.

Destiny - Im not very happy with the scale at the moment either. Hope pizza went well with your brother in law.

Misslousinna - Congrats on a boy

jcgutierrez - My baby seems to lie on the right too. What type of travel system did you go for? We are unsure what we want at the mo, but thinking of getting one from a friend.

Melissa - Ah of course you have to work all year round. Mind sister is a nurse and she is the same but she does get double time on any UK bank holidays so at least thats a bonus. I work in an office and we are closed on all bank holidays. I see you are all talking about gluclose tests - I dont hink that happens here (UK) as I have never heard of it? Glad your went well. 19lb seems great for going into the 3rd Tri im about that now at 22 weeks (and not impressed!) I'm thinking it might be something I have eaten this week pushing up a few pounds - but we will see in a week or so.

sas6575 - Hi & welcome back - how was your trip and the babyshower etc? Soz to hear about your cold and heartburn. I like to have a glass of milk before bed and that seems to help.

Bru - glad you are on the mend and LO is ok.

AFM- I havent had the best week - think I have been hormonal! My OH is working from 5am and not getting in until 10.30pm - 7 days a week (these dam sheep!), also the scale is up and feel Im getting wider not baby bumpy! Im trying to exercise and eat pretty well so hoping it all balances out - I suppose there isnt much else I can do! I have just ordered some jeans to try and hope I feel a bit better in them. I have a few pairs that still fit but they are a bigger size than I was buying (as had them before I lost a bit of weight).

Also one of my friends (not a close friend) husband was killed in a motorbike accident last week - they have 3 kids ages 10, 5 and 18 months - its just awful - so really I have nothing to complain about and I should sort myself out!!!

Best get on - have a good day

Helen 22 weeks, up 18lb ish!
  • jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies and happy Friday the 13th!

@Helen, we went to walmart, we went with a simply not to expensive one. With my first I bought a travel system that cost 300.00 dollars and the only thing from the system that I really used was the car seat. We ended up purchasing a small light weight stroller beacuase the boys would unbuckle themselves and would want to come off the other stroller.

AFM- Nothing big going on I have been a little more relaxed than a few weeks ago. But I just can not seem to get enough rest. I am just tired all the time. Also I wanted to ask, for those ladies that have babies already. My mom keeps on telling me not to carry my kids one of them weighs 45 lbs and the other weighs 33 lbs. She keeps on teling me it can be harmful for the baby. Do you ladies carry your babaies still?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, this week was super long we returned from Spring Break on Monday and it seems like it dragged by

Jessica 18 weeks 2 days!
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It's a girl! Guess my daughter will be having a sister. I kinda knew it was, there are lots and lots of girls in our family.

People keep acting like my husband should be disappointed it's not a boy this time, and that's totally not true. We're just excited to see her healthy. She's exactly the same size as my first daughter was at that point.

This also means she's an economy baby. I already have boxes and boxes of girl clothes she can wear. LOL!
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    Congrats on Team Pink! :)
  • cutmd
    Options
    sas - are you any better?

Brunettewife - your activity plan sounds like a good one. Glucose testign should be 24-28 weeks, so they are running out of time. You should ask if they are going to do it or not

helen - your stage of pregnancy was awkward for me as well, but I then I just stopped gaining and my belly is still getting bigger, I think things balance out. That's terrible about your acquaintance, I have ngihtmares of something happening to DH (part of the reason he's not allowed to have a motorcycle)!

Jessica - I guess the biggest risk is carrying the babies improperly and spraining your back, I think it's unlikely it would harm your child but your OB should settle the issue.

Amber - congrats on your economy girl! :happy:

AFM - So excited to be in 3rd trimester by all 3 calendars now! My mom flies in today, so looking forward to catching up with her after work. My weight was still the same this am, and for the last 2 days I haven't been able to eat much due to poor appetite. My uterus is just under my ribcage now, I suspect that's the problem! Where the heck are my guts? :laugh: I'm sure my appetite/weight will pick up again, but in the meantime I guess it's a good thing I haven't restricted at all. I was a little concerned when an OB colleague I ran into didn't know I was pregnant and then remarked on how tiny I was, hopefully my measurements will be on track at my appointment next week. The baby also wakes me up kicking and leaves me sleep deprived, but I love him anyway. :tongue: I guess I will start posting on the 3rd trimester thread soon, but I reserve the right to drop in. :happy:

Melissa
    28 weeks +19lbs
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Speedyme - Ah! Sorry about the fall, hope you are feeling ok & hope your scan goes ok today.

Emily - Contrats on 3rd Tri - Your weight gain seems very low unless mine is very high! I should send you some battenburg over! lol

Sugarbabie - congrats on a girl. Did you have any feelins she was a girl? I have no clue which mine might be (we are keeping it a surprise)

Jalyner - Contrats on 3rd Tri too. Glad baby ok - sounds scary experience.

Destiny - Im not very happy with the scale at the moment either. Hope pizza went well with your brother in law.

Misslousinna - Congrats on a boy

jcgutierrez - My baby seems to lie on the right too. What type of travel system did you go for? We are unsure what we want at the mo, but thinking of getting one from a friend.

Melissa - Ah of course you have to work all year round. Mind sister is a nurse and she is the same but she does get double time on any UK bank holidays so at least thats a bonus. I work in an office and we are closed on all bank holidays. I see you are all talking about gluclose tests - I dont hink that happens here (UK) as I have never heard of it? Glad your went well. 19lb seems great for going into the 3rd Tri im about that now at 22 weeks (and not impressed!) I'm thinking it might be something I have eaten this week pushing up a few pounds - but we will see in a week or so.

sas6575 - Hi & welcome back - how was your trip and the babyshower etc? Soz to hear about your cold and heartburn. I like to have a glass of milk before bed and that seems to help.

Bru - glad you are on the mend and LO is ok.

AFM- I havent had the best week - think I have been hormonal! My OH is working from 5am and not getting in until 10.30pm - 7 days a week (these dam sheep!), also the scale is up and feel Im getting wider not baby bumpy! Im trying to exercise and eat pretty well so hoping it all balances out - I suppose there isnt much else I can do! I have just ordered some jeans to try and hope I feel a bit better in them. I have a few pairs that still fit but they are a bigger size than I was buying (as had them before I lost a bit of weight).

Also one of my friends (not a close friend) husband was killed in a motorbike accident last week - they have 3 kids ages 10, 5 and 18 months - its just awful - so really I have nothing to complain about and I should sort myself out!!!

Best get on - have a good day

Helen 22 weeks, up 18lb ish!

My sis in law is in uk and as she mentioned in her history that her father has diabetes her glucose level is checked ( how many times don't know- but for sure more than once)
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Hi

Yes I was reading re glocose testing and think you only get tested is its in your immediate family - parents or brother/sisters. I will see at my next appointment.

Melissa - thanks hope it does balance its self out. Im trying my best so not much else I can do! (I will try not to panic'!!)

Had a productive morning (and its only 10.30am). Prenatal pilates done, along with 40 mins swimming. Washing nearly done and ready to hang on line. Just waiting for my friend to come for tea, toast & jam! My Granda rang this morning at 8.20am to see if I was in for coffee! I dont know anyone who comes for coffee that early! lol

Have a good day! x
  • sas6575
    Options
    Hi Melissa,
    We'll miss you on this board but I'll see you in 3rd tri in about 3 weeks :) today is the first day I've been out of bed all week. That bout of cold really knocked me off my feet and with the non sleeping through the blocked nose / jetlag / heartburn I've been a very grumpy Sarah! Hopefully turned a corner and on the mend now. I haven't exercised in 2 whole weeks so I'm rather looking forward to getting back to work and back to my walking on Monday.
    Have a wonderful weekend ladies, I'll promise to catch up next week and post more :) xxx
    24wks + 5 days
    + goodness knows how many lbs and daren't look yet!!!!!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls!
    I have been MIA...sorry! Work is crazy; we have FCAT on Monday and Tuesday, which is high stakes norm-referenced reading testing for my kids, so I have been pretty stressed. I have been staying active and within calorie goal, but not weighing myself. It is obviously out of my control at this point...although I hadn't gained between my last Dr's visit and stepping on the scale on the vet's office the other day, which was about a week.
    Other than that, things are good...just busy! Glad everyone is holdin' on :)
    ~Becca
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Morning all

SAS - are you feeling better?

Becca - You sound very busy with work. Glad you are well though.

Melissa - will defo miss you on this board but will defo keep an eye on how you are doing.

Its been very quiet on here for the last week or so - where is everyone?

Had a great weekend - busy doing housework/gardening etc but enjoyed it. I have been looking at rocking/gliding chairs for the baby room - does anyone have one? I want something in there for feeding/ sitting but not 100% sure what.

My plans this week:
    swim x 2 (Thurs & Sat)
    Walk x 7 (everyday with dogs)
    Prenatal Pilates x 3
    Eat healthy
    lots of water

Enjoy your day
    Helen
    23 weeks
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i read somebody suggesting to watch the documentary "The Business of being born" but i could only found 27 minutes part on you-tube. I felt it was more commercialized may be coz it was made by a celebrity(may be I'm wrong as i didn't watch whole of it). if somebody knows the link for full movie please share the link.

there is similar documentary called "Pregnant in America". All 11 parts available on you-tube. Looks like amateurish in the beginning but gets better later.
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Well my eating habits have been horrible, as usual. I'm really trying to get back to focusing on healthy/whole foods, because all I have been eating is junk and my body definately feels it :( I need to find my willpower again. I've been pretty active, but I find myself being lazier than I used to be. My goal for the week is to exercise atleast 45 minutes every day this week, whether its walking the neighborhood or going to the gym.

My weekend was great, we had amazing weather here in MD, so I planted a new flowerbed in the back yard and did alot of work outside/inside the house. I also took my boyfriend to the bar fo rhis friend's birthday (It was my first time being in the bar while pregnant) and I've gotta say... drunk people annoy me lol There was a girl there that was blatantly hitting on my boyfriend even though she knows him and I live together and are having a baby. It ruined my whole night. Right now I'm super insecure because of my rapid weight gain and she was like 90 pounds, fake boobs, blonde hair. Basically the complete opposite of me lol My boyfriend didn't retaliate, but I still felt out of place and insecure. Probably just my hormones maing me emotional, but being confident has been a real struggle for me lately.

Other than that, my pregnancy dreams have been as intense as ever, and so have my urinating trips lol
    And now I'm in the registry stage, looking at different cribs/cosleepers, etc. (any suggestions or reviews from you ladies would be great, as I'm a FTM and this is all brand new to me).

Hope everyone is feeling great!