Red team!

Options

Replies

• babbgirl1975
    babbgirl1975 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey Red Team...how's everyone doing? Staying on track & drinking that water??!! :heart:
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hi reds! looking for a bit of advice here. I am not shifting weight. It had slowed down painfully, but now I seem to be yo-yo-ing back and forth between 2 close points on the scales. I have really been trying hard, but it is not happening. Can I run things by you please. I did well for my team in the last challenge...but this time it's not working out.

I was on 1200 calories a day adn all seemed to be going well - I lost 26lb. Things had slowed/stopped. I started exercising just last week. I was not eating back my exercise calories so there was a big gap between my 1200 daily allowance and my daily allowance with exercise points added. I decided yesterday that it might be the time to raise my calorie allowance and adjust my weekly loss target to 0.5lb a week. This has now given me 1330 (or something near that) calories a day. i have decided to reduce the amount of exercise (I had started off at about 400 - 800 cals burn a day. I now intend to control it and burn about 350 cals a day. Do you think that if I eat calories so that my net figure is about 1200 that I will manage to lose weight again, or should I be eating higher calories ....today doing this I am going to have 132 calories left over which is really the amount that I gained by changing my target from 1lb a week to 0.5lb a week. Sorry that this is so long winded, but I am really at a full stop here....trying so hard, but feels like a brick wall. I am doing good with regard to motivation....morale could do with a bit of a boost - even a very slow loss! Heeeeeeelp!:frown:

Sorry, I really am a team player and am doing the work but it is mounting to nothing. Thanks if you can advise. p.s. If anyone wants to look at my diary I can add you as a friend :smile:
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i hope to get some answers as i have same issue :(
  • babbgirl1975
    Options
    Fifi:
    How long have you been at a stand still. Your body could just be adapting. Are you gaining? Don't give up. It's hard sometimes when things don't go like we think they should. Just keep eating healthy, exercising, & drinking water...no matter what you can't go wrong there!:flowerforyou:
  • Cwilliams8676
    Options
    9 days same weight NINE and Ive ate well exercised this better be water weight Im gonna lose the diet coke a few days to see if it is causing gain
  • fififox
    Options
    babbgirl - I hit 140lb at the very beginning of March and since then have yo-yo'd between maybe 141 and 138ish (lowest log was 137.8) I just cannot get it to keep going down. I am neither gaining nor losing outside of that range really. I do nit mind slow progress, but to keep going back 3lbs when I really feel I am working at this is really doing my head in. I have altered my diary setting to 1330 calories a day and trying to make the nett figure come out at that....trying to use exercise and food to balance each other out so I get the nett to 1330ish....I think that is the right thing to do? My BMR here is 1266 or something like that but I was advised to look on ohter sites and the two I looked at set it at about 1350 so I decided to change to that. I so hope it works. i am disappointed as I have put in so much effort and really do want to lose at least another 12lbs. Thanks for the encouragement :smile:
  • babbgirl1975
    Options
    Sometimes it's really hard to tell what is going on with our bodies. Just continue to eat right & exercise. Whatever you do don't give up.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Options
    Fifi how are you any loss from the change? I ended week with one pound lost
  • fififox
    Options
    Cwilliams - I am up about 1lb...but that would be typical lately anyway - like a yo-yo. I need to figure this out and give it time to see what will work for me. 3 or so days is not enough. Also I am not sure if I am doing it right yet...Some have said I need to only eat part of my exercise calories back as the allowance is too high.....Aaaaargh! I will be demented. But all I know is that I was sick of just moving up and down the same 2lbs...so something had to change. I have committed now so I will just have to keep trying. Apologies to reds before I post my 1lb gain. I have no choice but to do this. If it gets too bad I will drop out as I would hate my poor scores to reflect on you all. It's just uinfortunate that this all had to happen now.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Options
    Are your hormones thyriod ect in normal ranges?
  • fififox
    Options
    I am pretty sure things are in range - I have regular bloods done to watch cholesterol but they should cover the usuals like blood sugars and thyroid I am pretty sure. I have PCOS which can lead to weight issues and problems losing weight, but it would have presented a problem all along....not just suddenly now I think. It's definitely a plateau, and I presume now that it is due to my metabolism leveling out at the 1200 calorie level and the only way to go is to find a new balance that works by playing with my calories and activity. I just started exercise 2 weeks ago so I think I need to take it easy on that while I up my calories and gradually work up both - I'm really worried about doing all this but it has to be done. Fingers crossed!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! I have been stuck at the same weight for about a month now....going up and down a lb or so each week...but always staying right around that same number!! Its frustrating!! Keep with it though, we'll break the plateau!!
  • fififox
    Options
    Yep abby - you can only stick with it...come too far to just let go! Here's to getting things moving again! Best of luck!
  • Cwilliams8676
    Options
    I gained a pound today Seriously im ready to cry Why im so close to that damn 50 pound lost but cant get there!!!! Im sad about ti and maybe im doing it all wrong i dont know:(
  • Cwilliams8676
    Options
    Ive decided to go back to 1200 and logging all activity and eating only HALF my exercise cals again to see if it helps. i am also gonna try to just do 30 day shred or gym but not both
  • Boolahboo
    Boolahboo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey team! How are those miles coming?! Hope everyone's doing well!
  • Cwilliams8676
    Options
    We won again last week :)
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I am up to 10.4 miles so far and I have a 10K race on Saturday so that will add at least 6 more miles!!!

Lets win again!!!
  • fififox
    Options
    Hi Reds. Sorry - I screwed up this week. I really didn't know what I was doing. I need to break the plateau and upped calories (massively) without really understanding it all...so I have had a big gain - the first gain of any significance since I began this weight loss last September. From today I have started a more formal plan I think...zig-zagging calories, and hoping that I have the right information in the calorie calculator to make siomething start working. If I don't get something positive happening by next week I will be dropping out of the competition ( but still continuing with the efforts to get things working again). For this week I will post results as my exercise is o.k so it might help with points. Sorry again. It's all just unfortunate bad timing. Fiona.
  • floridacna
    floridacna Posts: 35
    Options
    My weight is listed wrong on the chart for week 5. It says 192.4 when it was actually 188.0 for this week