May/June BED Conversation Thread

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
Well spring is in the air. How are you all doing? You all are very quiet. Hope we are more conversation the next 2 months.

It is my hope you use this thread to get to know each other better and have a safe place to motivate & support one another daily. This group will be what you all make of it. So let's talk, support, share challenges, successes, and most of all share replases. We can all learn from one another. So please share, share, share. This group is what you make it so lets make it a place for all of us to get support.

One day at a time.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Last day of the month. I hope everyone had a pleasant and relaxing weekend.

As I mentioned on my newsfeed, I'm feeling very positive about a fresh start beginning today. I have the first of 24 personal training sessions scheduled for this evening and I am determined to log my food openly & honestly for the entire month of May. Mentally & physically, I have got to get back in the zone!

Does anyone else have any goals for May?

I am still thinking on this one Diane. Right now I am really un motivated but trying to get my MOJO back.....
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Mollie - your goal of 500+ cals burned per workout is an excellent goal!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Thanks but I really need to make a goal related to food since this is my problem area:tongue:

I am already consistent with the exercise but my goal is to get more consistent with food. :blushing: :sad:
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Sadly I have been not doing great for months now. But I decided enough is enough and no more eating all day long. Eating everything in sight is such a terrible waste of my life. Sadly today I did eat a whole bag of Cheetos crunchy cheeses. Tomorrow I am going to begin my journey once again on MFP. If and when I slip up I promise myself not to make it a full day of eating everything I can get my hands on and into my mouth - just make a slip up and begin my next meal healthy. NO MORE FULL DAYS OF NOT CARING ABOUT MYSELF. We can do this.
  • bigmama65
    Options

Thanks but I really need to make a goal related to food since this is my problem area:tongue:

I am already consistent with the exercise but my goal is to get more consistent with food. :blushing: :sad:

I know you can beat this Mollie :heart: Set yourself a challenge and you can do it. :smooched:
  • amberwren
    amberwren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    New here, but not to MFP. I lose a few lbs and binge a week before coming right back. I have never talked about my binging or fully admitted to someone how much ive eaten (5 chic chip cookies yesterday eek!) I hoping to get things under control and make May a binge-free month. I have a big weekend planned for the 4th of July and I want to feel good..not fat and bloated.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to the group and MFP. I have had major issues with binge eating over the last couple of months. I finally looked at myself in the mirror and realized how disgusted I am with myself. I have to figure out how to occupy myself when the urge arises to binge. I have, as of yesterday, started going to the Y to work out and am eating a little better.

Hope we can all help keep eachother on track.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Hello, Good Morning, I'm so excited to hear from some new people. Thanks for being here!

Remembering what we have already accomplished is something we struggle to do when we feal defeated. That hopeless feeling is terrible, why do we immediately go there? Why is it so easy to forget what we have done well and what we have succeeded in? And why is it so easy to remember all the things we feel we did wrong? Because that is what we have practiced. Those are the behavior patterns we have had for too long. People w/ EDs are notorious for catastrophizing. We do not know how to deal with grey, only black & white. So when things are good, they're good, but when they're bad, they are a catastrophy. We use extreme words like always and never and can't and hopeless. Why is it so hard to look at the big picture instead of focusing on individual situations that we are struggling with? We are doing right by taking it day by day, but when we are frustrated we must force ourselves to remember where we started, and how far we have come. We need to practice new behavior and that includes remembering our positive attributes.
  • rainydayboys
    Options
    Ugh. In the last hour, I've eaten 3 raisin rolls, a whole tube of Pringles chips and a King Size Reese's Peanut Butter cups package. This is so not cool.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Hi Rainy! - are you stressed about something? What's going on in your life right now? Maybe sharing with us will help get it off your chest.
  • rainydayboys
    Options
    Stressed about finances, my relationship with hubby, work, everything. My youngest has a chest cold and I've ended up sleeping in his room for the last 3 nights and that means I don't really sleep. I'm exhausted and have deadlines and people counting on me and so I allow myself to be comforted with very poor food choices.

BUT to make up for it, I did just hop on the treadmill this afternoon for the first time in a few months. And if I didn't have to hop in the shower right now before heading out to pick up my boys, I would be logging everything I ate today. Have to get back on it and start putting myself first. That's a whole mile out of my comfort zone, but I need to do it.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Sounds like you are already getting back on the right track - great job on the treadmill today! I can totally relate to not filling out my diary - as of this past Monday I am back at it though and have a goal to finish it every day for the entire month of May. So far, so good.
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Sounds like you are already getting back on the right track - great job on the treadmill today! I can totally relate to not filling out my diary - as of this past Monday I am back at it though and have a goal to finish it every day for the entire month of May. So far, so good.

Great goal you set out for yourself. I know you can do this. I know this can only help you along your weightloss fight. I only just started once again yesterday and did great all day but then I slipped and ate way too much at midnight. Back at err today and doing good. Crossing fingers I will not make the same mistake tonight.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks Linda! I am trying to get back on track.

Welcome new ones!

Thanks everyone for sharing.

I did OK today. No binges so far. I had a good workout today too. I have been logging also just not on MFP.

One day at a time.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    just a drive by:blushing: will catch up with one and all later. Richie
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I haven't purged since I last posted on here the week before last, I think. I haven't really binged this week, just ate pure crap. I'm back up into the 170's.

I just don't get why I can't just eat healthy meals in moderation.

I also don't understand why I can't go to the gym. I am so lazy and I just want to sit around and watch tv all night but yet I complain that I am fat. I don't know how to punch myself in the brain to make myself move and work out and eat better. I guess people call this motivation? All I know is I have none and I don't know how to get it.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone and thank you for your continued support!

I always thought motivation was something I would get, that it would be something given to me - and the reason I didn't have any was because I hadn't received it yet. I have now learned that motivation is actually something we have to create for ourselves. It was a difficult concept for me to grasp, mostly because - Hello? Wouldn't I have created it already if it was up to me? The behavior therapist challenged me to the following exercise:

On one side of an index card, write 5 reasons you want to end your ED behavior.
    On the other side, write 5 consequences of your ED behavior.
    Keep this with you. Read often.

This is creating motivation. And we've really had it all along, but it is easily forgotten.
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options

I will have to do this.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone and thank you for your continued support!

I always thought motivation was something I would get, that it would be something given to me - and the reason I didn't have any was because I hadn't received it yet. I have now learned that motivation is actually something we have to create for ourselves. It was a difficult concept for me to grasp, mostly because - Hello? Wouldn't I have created it already if it was up to me? The behavior therapist challenged me to the following exercise:

This is creating motivation. And we've really had it all along, but it is easily forgotten.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THIS!! :heart: :heart: I will do this over the weekend!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, April was a tough month for me..especially when I got word on 4/25 that I passed my GED. I went on a happy binge. Since then, I'd say I had ongoing binges and getting in celebration mode. I don't have money to get clothes, get my nails and hair done or anything like that..so i use my food stamps and get food to binge on..ugh! I feel awful! Last night I binged pretty bad..early this morning, I got sick and threw it up and the damage was gone. Not the way i wanted to get rid of it, but was happy to have it relieve the guilt. This month, I'm trying to do better, trying to take one day at a time. I finally have some Sugar free gum, so hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.