1st Trimester

Options

Replies

• MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I asked my OBGYN... she dosen't see a problem with it.. she says its an old wives tale..
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Heard a heartbeat! Very excited...
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I asked my OBGYN... she dosen't see a problem with it.. she says its an old wives tale..
    ok thats what i was thinking. didnt she how it would be harmful to only be around the chemical for an hour when women who are prego and work in salong get that stuff on their hands and breathe it in all day long
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    During my first pregnancy I had to color my hair due to a wedding as well ( I was the Maid of Honor). At the time I became pregnant I was dying my hair Strawberry Blonde by the time the wedding came I was 21 weeks along ( last time I died my hair was 25 weeks) so I NEEDED to do it. I colored it to my natural brown and added highlights...my daughter is a healthy 2 year old!!! What I've noticed is that a lot o f mommy-to-Be's would rather dye their hair as close as possible to their natural hair color, in other words you'll dye it once and never worry about it again.
  • jamie31
    Options
    During my first pregnancy I had to color my hair due to a wedding as well ( I was the Maid of Honor). At the time I became pregnant I was dying my hair Strawberry Blonde by the time the wedding came I was 21 weeks along ( last time I died my hair was 25 weeks) so I NEEDED to do it. I colored it to my natural brown and added highlights...my daughter is a healthy 2 year old!!! What I've noticed is that a lot o f mommy-to-Be's would rather dye their hair as close as possible to their natural hair color, in other words you'll dye it once and never worry about it again.
    I am also the maid of honor
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Jamie-I just got my hair colored yesterday, just a touch up at the salon. My OB said it's fine.

cmax-that's so exciting!

So I am very frustrated because I had an apparent miscommunication with my boss about training going on tomorrow. It was a two day training and I thought he said he said I only needed to go today, as I told him I had an appointment tomorrow! But talking to him today, I do have to go, so I have to reschedule my ultrasound to next Friday, I could do it earlier but I really want my husband to be there. On a good note, I feel less tired today!
  • chickybuns
    Options
    My husband is actually busy Friday, so he's taking off Monday! At least i don't have to wait as long now. And his grandpa is having surgery that day anyway, so it works out well.
  • jamie31
    Options
    My husband is actually busy Friday, so he's taking off Monday! At least i don't have to wait as long now. And his grandpa is having surgery that day anyway, so it works out well.

i have my first ultrasound this coming monday too! it will be a 9 week one but I am so nervouse/scared. I hope i can hear the babys heartbeat
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

Glad to hear you don't have to wait too much long for your ultrasound... Hope all goes well with your husband's grandfather and his surgery.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Hi! I really hope I'm not jumping the gun by posting here, but I just got a positive home pregnancy test today (actually, I had a squinter yesterday, but it was too light to get my hopes up).

This is our 6th cycle trying and I was just about to see an RE and get the ball rolling with Clomid, etc. I have a unicornuate uterus, which basically means that I have half of a normal-sized uterus and only one connected tube. This puts me at risk for 2nd trimester miscarriage or pre-term births. (Sorry to be a downer.)

I'm hoping this sticks! I have an appointment with an OB on the 21st! Hoping we see good things!
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi! I really hope I'm not jumping the gun by posting here, but I just got a positive home pregnancy test today (actually, I had a squinter yesterday, but it was too light to get my hopes up).

This is our 6th cycle trying and I was just about to see an RE and get the ball rolling with Clomid, etc. I have a unicornuate uterus, which basically means that I have half of a normal-sized uterus and only one connected tube. This puts me at risk for 2nd trimester miscarriage or pre-term births. (Sorry to be a downer.)

I'm hoping this sticks! I have an appointment with an OB on the 21st! Hoping we see good things!
    Wow! What a process! I hope this turns out well for you. Good luck!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

Wow! What a process! I hope this turns out well for you. Good luck!

:bigsmile: I just re-read my comment and I really do sound quite down. I'm very excited. I just don't think the reality has set in quite yet! It'll help to see the doctor and get it confirmed.
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Had my first doc appt today and had an ultrasound. I am 7 wks exactly. Saw the baby and heard a nice strong heartbeat. It was so great. Equally as great is that my doc gave me a prescription for Zofran to help w/ the morning sickness. Will take my first pill in the morning - really hoping it will help me get though the day and to start eating again!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I plan on coloring my hair tomorrow too, but this might be the last time for a while. I want my hair to grow, and I've been having it cut every 6 weeks for the past 5 years.

chickybuns - That's great that you don't have to wait another week for your ultrasound! That would be one loooong work week!

kaitlinj - Congrats to you!! I didn't quite believe I was pregnant either right away. That first ultrasound is definitely amazing!

_____

I had my 7 week ultrasound yesterday, and the baby is measuring one day ahead with a heartbeat of 141. Everything looks great! We go back in two weeks for our "graduation-from-the-fertility-clinic" ultrasound. Last night, I was hit HARD with fatigue. I don't think I've ever been that tired. Hopefully that's not going to be a common occurence.

AJ
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

Congrats! Hope all goes well for you!
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Wickedmeowmer Posts: 157
    Options

That doesn't sound 'debbie downer' I think you are really brave actually!
  • EricaG86
    EricaG86 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Today im 10wks3d, i saw my OB yesterday and my last pap came back abnormal. I'm scheduled to have colposcopy done in 2 weeks. Has anyone had this done when they were pregnant? I'm kind of nervous...
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Today im 10wks3d, i saw my OB yesterday and my last pap came back abnormal. I'm scheduled to have colposcopy done in 2 weeks. Has anyone had this done when they were pregnant? I'm kind of nervous...

Totally know what you're going thru right now with waiting for your colposcopy....I also am waiting to have mine done in two weeks, so nervous about it. But some other ladies on here I believe have had them, but not while pregnant to my knowledge. My Dr. wasn't very helpful in helping me to not freak, but I've researched it a lot online and that's helped me some. Sorry we're in the same boat. Good luck, and here's to hoping & praying it's nothing major :)
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I have no direct knowledge on this, but have read that it is more likely to have abnormal paps during pregnancy. Did you ask your doctor if there are any risks with miscarriage or anything else? I think if I had an abornmal one, I personally probably wouldn't do the colposcopy, because if there is a problem are you really going to do anything with it while being pregnant? Just my personal thought. I have had a colposcopy and it is very unpleasant. Good luck with whatever you do!

Welcome kaitlin, that is very exciting. you're not a downer, I know I felt scared to get too attached right away and don't have any known problems, so I can imagine what you are going through. I still don't really feel it's real sometimes, even though I'm much pudgier and super hungry all the time!
  • EricaG86
    EricaG86 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for your responses ladies. I think i am going to go through with the procedure so they look at my cervix. But as far as them wanting a biopsy, i'm going ot tell them no. I was doing research and alot of women on different forums who had a colposcopy while pregnant lost their mucus plug and ended up miscarrying. I do not want to risk that.